Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Rosewood Suites (D25, 99 years, EL Development)

Looks like interest inWoodlsnds has picked up after the announcement of the Thomson line.

Plenty of prospective buyers at Woodhaven showroom next-door.

Quote Originally Posted by lewei
    Btw, feels a bit weird to move in so early. Room is surprisingly cool, even during daytime. But things are so quiet at night..
    Not until all the construction starts...woodhaven, behind another plotmjus sold n a new sch

Got go kaypo the penthouses? I almost bought the 2 bedroom penthouse last time, but never buy.

Still got the price written on the brochure...#05-22 $642100

Looks like interest inWoodlsnds has picked up after the announcement of the Thomson line.

The news about thomson line also come with the rumor of a project comprising of a new shopping center and condo right at the causeway point area. Don't know if it's true. I'll seriously be looking forward to it. Just hope it's not so expensive.

Actually i find it a bit puzzling.. How does Thomson line helps woodlands? Does it bring people to city area faster than NS line? If no difference, then whats the use of thomson line for woodlands? If we are talking about link to malaysia due to MRT, then I thought it should not be good news? Lots of malaysians hanging around in Woodlands is a good idea meh?

No malice intended, just curious.. For understanding sake..

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    Actually i find it a bit puzzling.. How does Thomson line helps woodlands? Does it bring people to city area faster than NS line? If no difference, then whats the use of thomson line for woodlands? If we are talking about link to malaysia due to MRT, then I thought it should not be good news? Lots of malaysians hanging around in Woodlands is a good idea meh?

No malice intended, just curious.. For understanding sake..
    Yes, the time taken to travel to the city from Woodlands will be reduced, and less crowded. Those who frequently travel by NS line and often packed like a sardine will welcome this.

Quote Originally Posted by clng
    Yes, the time taken to travel to the city from Woodlands will be reduced, and less crowded. Those who frequently travel by NS line and often packed like a sardine will welcome this.
    It is logical to assume that an alternative mode of travel to the city should be welcomed by majority of those living up north. As explained by clng, it will definitely relieve the congestion on the existing NSL and many may find the TSL more convenient that the NSL. In economic terms, such infrastructure developments are known to produce positive externalities to surrounding properties.

With regards to the Malaysian hanging around woodlands, it is an assumption that have yet to be verified. There are already so many Malaysians working in Singapore. Just look at the number of motorcycles coming in every morning. Our Changi Airport and probably other major industries may shut down if ICA does not facilitate their entry into Singapore every morning. Anyway, what's the concern of Malaysians hanging around Woodlands. Are you assuming more Malaysians means higher crime? Personally, I dun think the criminals from Malaysia will purposely come over to Woodlands to commit crime just bcoz of the rail-link. Since there are already so many Singaporeans going into JB, might as well mug them there. Success rate higher since got home ground advantage and chances of getting by Malaysian police also relatively lower.

There is a possibility that SG-JB link may bring in more Malaysian tourists to Singapore to shop (just like IR also lure many Malaysians there). As such, it could also bring about more business at Causewaypoint area which catered to this segment, leading developers to build bigger/nicer malls to cater to this crowd which again may bring about positive externalities to surrounding properties.

Question: what things can we Singaporeans offer to the Malaysians from across the rail link?

Business ideas anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    Question: what things can we Singaporeans offer to the Malaysians from across the rail link?

Business ideas anyone?
    cheap 2nd hand mobile phone...
    primary school education....
    tution center....
    lower pay jobs...eg waitress

Does anyone knows what's wrong with my heater from Ferolli?

The LCD display is already off (except the usual standby mode LED which is white in colour). But my heater seems perpetually on since everytime i turn on the bath tap, hot water comes through.

Nice development. Could have been mine...haa haa.