Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Varsity Park (D5, 99 years leasehold, CapitaLand)

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs down Re: Varsity Park (D5, 99 years leasehold, CapitaLand)

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Blue horizon fetches high prices because it has more open space as the blocks are up to 35 stories high although the plot ratio is 3.5 versus 1.6 for VP. I visited both condos before, and you can breathe more easily at blue horizon. Living in VP is like living in a nigh market, surrounded by neighbors and with no place to go for your priviate moments. You look out the front windows, there are your neighbours, you look out the back and side windows, there are your neighbors. You get the picture.

Hello boy...are u sure BH is 35 stories high and the plot ratio of VP is 1.6?
    Please do your homework first before u bxxxxxxt!! Even facts also cannot get right...how to give your opinions....

Default Re: Varsity Park (D5, 99 years leasehold, CapitaLand)

1 More recent photo of VP from another angle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Unregistered Guest

I find the pictures of VP quite ok, it is really that bad.....But yes, I didn't buy VP mainly becoz i work right opposite VP and I am tired of seeing too many students day in day out and becoz it's 99 yrs lease.....

Unregistered Guest

I find the pictures of VP quite ok, it is really that bad.....But yes, I didn't buy VP mainly becoz i work right opposite VP and I am tired of seeing too many students day in day out and becoz it's 99 yrs lease.....
    Yes, VP looks alright. It is not dumpster ugly, that is for sure. but it is not resort living either. It is more like student dormitory. The same layout for each block, and the side by side placement of the blocks. It is uniform, but perhaps too uniform.

I especially dislike the brown door and window frames. Some one say they make the condo zoo like. yeah, there is some truth to that.

Unregistered Guest

theres a varsity park forum out there.. why bother with these pple here

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs up Re: Varsity Park (D5, 99 years leasehold, CapitaLand)

theres a varsity park forum out there.. why bother with these pple here
    I am here becos its really so comical to see so many sour grapes people venting their frustration here by talking down on VP. They must have been to VP, view the army barracks and now regretted not buying at the launch price. I can simpathize with their current feeling, its normal for them to behave so negatively. Even though VP looks like shit, I don't think it has got anything to do with them.

For all those who has talk down on VP, please continue to do so cos whatever condo you are staying will also be turning into a shity place, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered Guest

I am here becos its really so comical to see so many sour grapes people venting their frustration here by talking down on VP. They must have been to VP, view the army barracks and now regretted not buying at the launch price. I can simpathize with their current feeling, its normal for them to behave so negatively. Even though VP looks like shit, I don't think it has got anything to do with them.

For all those who has talk down on VP, please continue to do so cos whatever condo you are staying will also be turning into a shity place, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    See, even the owners think VP looks like shit. The matter is now settled. No more debate necessary.

I guess sense of beauty is universal. How can anyone look at the brown monster called VP and call it resort living. it is just delusional.

Unregistered Guest

Yes, we are jealous. that is why we dumped on VP. We are so sick. we should check into a mental asylum.

Haha, it is so typical of the VP owners. Just chalk everything up to jealousy. but if that makes them happy, that makes me happy too.

Shhhhhhh!!!!! I will let you in on secret. yes, we did not buy VP. but we are not jealous. We bought other places, which are not shitty looking at all,unlike VP.

Unregistered Guest

Yes, we are jealous. that is why we dumped on VP. We are so sick. we should check into a mental asylum.

Haha, it is so typical of the VP owners. Just chalk everything up to jealousy. but if that makes them happy, that makes me happy too.

Shhhhhhh!!!!! I will let you in on secret. yes, we did not buy VP. but we are not jealous. We bought other places, which are not shitty looking at all,unlike VP.
    Care to tell everyone where are those other places that you bought so that we know what you are comparing with ?

Unregistered Guest

Care to tell everyone where are those other places that you bought so that we know what you are comparing with ?
    we bought a hdb flat with very good view !!! ha ha ha !!!

Unregistered Guest

3,000 apply for Boon Keng's condo-like flats, but only 460 sold

By Fiona Chan, Property Reporter

THOUSANDS of applications poured in for a condo-like Housing Board project in January - but as of last week, less than two-thirds of the flats had been taken up.

About 250 of the 714 units in City View @ Boon Keng remain unsold, said HSR Property Group, which is marketing the project.

These flats will be offered to the public, probably via a walk-in selection.

The leftover homes came as a surprise to market watchers, given that 3,500 applicants had vied for them.

This works out to five would-be buyers for each flat at City View, the second public housing project to be built by a private developer.

It boasts condo-like features such as timber floors, built-in wardrobes and air-conditioning.

All the applicants were given a chance to book the flats they wanted, said HSR project director Kellie Liew.

The selection process stretched over 20 days and ended last Thursday, with more than 3,000 potential deals falling through.

Developer Hoi Hup Sunway sold about 460 units, including six of the top-priced five-room units at $727,000 each, said Ms Liew.

But she added that some buyers backed out of their purchases due to the weakening property market, while others did not meet the required criteria to buy the flats.

Unregistered Guest

we bought a hdb flat with very good view !!! ha ha ha !!!
    Oh, I am so happy for you ! Enjoy your good view and forget about the 'suffering' these people must have in their shitty, ugly, full facility condo and underground carpark at Varsity Park.

Unregistered Guest

Oh, I am so happy for you ! Enjoy your good view and forget about the 'suffering' these people must have in their shitty, ugly, full facility condo and underground carpark at Varsity Park.
    Yes not worth the shitty, ugly, 'full facility' LH condo....almost the same as HDB.

Unregistered Guest

Yes not worth the shitty, ugly, 'full facility' LH condo....almost the same as HDB.
    VP is not HDB. It is much better than HDB, but not good enough to be called a condo. It is probably the same quality as EC.

Unregistered Guest

VP is not HDB. It is much better than HDB, but not good enough to be called a condo. It is probably the same quality as EC.
    You cannot blame capitaland for using furnishings of lower quality for VP. It was launched as a low end condo. Condos launched later, such as carabelle and botannia, will have much better furnishings, and will look as low end. Plus, these condos are freehold, and thus will hold up value much better.

Unregistered Guest

You cannot blame capitaland for using furnishings of lower quality for VP. It was launched as a low end condo. Condos launched later, such as carabelle and botannia, will have much better furnishings, and will look as low end. Plus, these condos are freehold, and thus will hold up value much better.
    Ai ya, I think all Silliporeans are all staying at shitty condos, fair comment???

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs up Re: Varsity Park (D5, 99 years leasehold, CapitaLand)

Ai ya, I think all Silliporeans are all staying at shitty condos, fair comment???
    Agree with you. Its always the case of the pot calling the kettle black. Always talk down on others but they themselves stay in shitty place.

Unregistered Guest

Agree with you. Its always the case of the pot calling the kettle black. Always talk down on others but they themselves stay in shitty place.
    Hey, hey, be fair. If VP is a nice looking condo, would anyone say anything bad about it and have any credibility. No. sense of beauty is universal. VP is not nice looking. It is just square block after square block. there is no break of routine. It is so monotonous. I guess it would be hard for you to find your unit when you knock off and go home. Hope you stumble into a unit by mistake and chance upon a beautify girl. It can really happen. I cannot tell one unit from another. They all look the same, a square box.

Unregistered Guest

Wink Re: Varsity Park (D5, 99 years leasehold, CapitaLand)

Hey, hey, be fair. If VP is a nice looking condo, would anyone say anything bad about it and have any credibility. No. sense of beauty is universal. VP is not nice looking. It is just square block after square block. there is no break of routine. It is so monotonous. I guess it would be hard for you to find your unit when you knock off and go home. Hope you stumble into a unit by mistake and chance upon a beautify girl. It can really happen. I cannot tell one unit from another. They all look the same, a square box.
    square box after square box; cash box after cash box; you hit it right ...cash box = wealth box ...very good point - metaphysics

Unregistered Guest

square box after square box; cash box after cash box; you hit it right ...cash box = wealth box ...very good point - metaphysics
    I happened to drive some visitors from US passing by VP the other day. After what they saw, they commented they were quite impressed with the Govt HDB program because from the outside at least, many HDB blocks they have seen obviously more modern and smart looking than VP. No to worry, I did explain to them that HDB got no facilities where VP has many facilities that are not seen from the street

Unregistered Guest

Strange that Varsity Park is coming under so intense criticism. My friend who stays there invited me over the weekend and i was rather impressed by the development. He bought his unit at just over S$400 psf and i'm thinking "bastard.... i paid almost S$700 psf for my condo at Upper Bukit Timah and the finishings at VP are better and there is so much more space to roam about and the water features and greenery throughout the whole development is just so impressive. Walking through the development reminds me of some of the 5 star hotels i've stayed in Phuket and Bali.

Well Done Capitaland and congrats to those who had the vision to purchase a unit at VP. I will certainly be looking to get a unit there when my family gets bigger

Unregistered Guest

Strange that Varsity Park is coming under so intense criticism. My friend who stays there invited me over the weekend and i was rather impressed by the development. He bought his unit at just over S$400 psf and i'm thinking "bastard.... i paid almost S$700 psf for my condo at Upper Bukit Timah and the finishings at VP are better and there is so much more space to roam about and the water features and greenery throughout the whole development is just so impressive. Walking through the development reminds me of some of the 5 star hotels i've stayed in Phuket and Bali.

Well Done Capitaland and congrats to those who had the vision to purchase a unit at VP. I will certainly be looking to get a unit there when my family gets bigger
    haha, I wondered how you can say that with a straight face. Just look at those photos. each unit is the same as the next one. and each block is just like a assembly factory, with so many units tightly packed together. When you come home, you literally have to remind yourself, I live in the nth unit from the right. one, two, three, four,,,,n. that is mine. If you count wrong, you may get in the wrong unit and get chased out by a semi clad lady with a broom in her hand. About water features, which condo doesn't have those.

the design is the most old fashioned, and the furnishings the lowest quality that I have seen. the arrangement is the least imaginative I have seen. 10 units in a row to form a block. how corny and unimaginative! Did the developer get a grade 5 student to do the design?

unless you are an agent trying to sell units, I do not understand your views at all.

Unregistered Guest

I happened to drive some visitors from US passing by VP the other day. After what they saw, they commented they were quite impressed with the Govt HDB program because from the outside at least, many HDB blocks they have seen obviously more modern and smart looking than VP. No to worry, I did explain to them that HDB got no facilities where VP has many facilities that are not seen from the street
    You can blame the americans for mistaking VP for HDB. for each, the basic design is to link as many units in a straight line for form a block. It is inexcusable for capitaland to adopt such a design for VP. It is a condo, not HDB, and more modern non-linear design is warranted for VP. 0bviously, the developer thought this is a condo for HDB upgraders and they wouldn't mind such linear design. but, the low quality furnishings are inexcusable. the buyers paid upwards of 400 psf. it is a pittance, but they don't deserve brown, rusty looking railings for the balcony, nor do they deserve plastic water features.

Unregistered Guest

To see a non-linear design, you would be impressed by Carabelle:

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housi.../CARABELLE.htm

Unregistered Guest

Which condo in upper bukit timah that you paid 700psf for? I am sure many of us are interested to know how low the quality of furnishings can go these days for mass condo projects provided there is some truth to it that it is indeed lower than VP.

Unregistered Guest

Thinking out loud....wouldn't it look very dis-organised if every block have their own individual designs and patterns?

I will not challenge, however, the that fact that there will be better design and building economy when the whole development subscribes to the same design.

haha, I wondered how you can say that with a straight face. Just look at those photos. each unit is the same as the next one. and each block is just like a assembly factory, with so many units tightly packed together. When you come home, you literally have to remind yourself, I live in the nth unit from the right. one, two, three, four,,,,n. that is mine. If you count wrong, you may get in the wrong unit and get chased out by a semi clad lady with a broom in her hand. About water features, which condo doesn't have those.

the design is the most old fashioned, and the furnishings the lowest quality that I have seen. the arrangement is the least imaginative I have seen. 10 units in a row to form a block. how corny and unimaginative! Did the developer get a grade 5 student to do the design?

unless you are an agent trying to sell units, I do not understand your views at all.

Unregistered Guest

Thinking out loud....wouldn't it look very dis-organised if every block have their own individual designs and patterns?

I will not challenge, however, the that fact that there will be better design and building economy when the whole development subscribes to the same design.
    that is not what I meant. you cannot have different designs for different units of course. You want uiniformity, but not too much of it. Not ten or 12 units linked together in a straight line, like 11 stores side by side in a department store or, excuse me, in a zoo. Just look at Carabelle, it is, like VP, a mass market condo. the condo consists of individual towers, with each tower facing adjacent ones with angels. that is much nicer looking, and easy for owners to identify their units. VP is so linear, so much like stalin era workers dormitories..

Unregistered Guest

It is a myth (perhaps the oldest one in the book) that Freehold is better than Leasehold. There are no conclusive studies on this.
    What many seem to forget is that property is all about LOCATION. The first thing students of real estate are taught is location, location and location. So focus more on location and less on tenure.

Unregistered Guest

Which condo in upper bukit timah that you paid 700psf for? I am sure many of us are interested to know how low the quality of furnishings can go these days for mass condo projects provided there is some truth to it that it is indeed lower than VP.
    700psf in bukit timah. yes, where? I also wants to know. no wonder the quality of furnishings is worse than that at VP. 700psf will buy you a dog house in bukit timah.

Unregistered Guest

700psf in bukit timah. yes, where? I also wants to know. no wonder the quality of furnishings is worse than that at VP. 700psf will buy you a dog house in bukit timah.
    Upper Bukit Timah and Bukit Timah are two different world in terms of property value. However, values of condos in upper bukit timah are not uniform, those closer to bukit timah will command better price and condos further away from bukit timah such as "linear" and "maysprings" will be least desirable. This is just my personal observations. Certainly, many finer aspects concerning the locations and neighbourhood in the proximity of the condo also need to take into consideration.