Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Alexis @ Alexandra Road (D3, Freehold, Yi Kai Development and Fission Group)

Actually.. 400 sqft ... kinda reminds me of Mr Bean's home...

Ikea alexandra has a 38 sq meter (409 sq feet) sized "show flat" ... just nice ~

Project sold out.

Super sales.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Actually.. 400 sqft ... kinda reminds me of Mr Bean's home...

Hotel room

Quote Originally Posted by august
    Ikea alexandra has a 38 sq meter (409 sq feet) sized "show flat" ... just nice ~
    ahhaha perfect ...

it makes furnishing so much easier .. just copy the whole set of furnitures ...

so now we ALL can get a good idea how big the unit is right ??

Go Ikea and take a look ..see what you can put in there ...

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...19573,00.html?

Published February 18, 2009

Some Alexis buyers offer units in subsalemarket

Other developers try to ride buying wave by relaunching units at lower prices

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

(SINGAPORE) The Alexis condo sold like hot cakes last week and now a few buyers at the fully sold project are trying to flip their units in the subsale market, notwithstanding the fact that Singapore is in the throes of its worst recession.

A better deal: Several developers are trimming prices to give buyers an incentive to commit to a purchase. This weekend, GuocoLand will relaunch The Quartz condo near Buangkok MRT Station with a price cut of nearly 10%

These buyers are seeking prices about $100 per square foot above what they had paid, translating to a net gain of around 10 per cent, property agents estimate.

Ripples from the strong sales momentum generated for the 293-unit freehold condo, comprising mostly smallish units costing between $420,000 and $800,000, spread to showflats of several other small and mid-sized developers. Some of them trimmed prices to give buyers an incentive to commit to a purchase.

The mini home-buying wave sparked earlier this month by Frasers Centrepoint's launch of its Caspian condo in the Jurong Lake District, has led other developers to speed up launch plans for new projects, or to relaunch existing ones, with a price cut.

This weekend, GuocoLand will relaunch The Quartz condo near Buangkok MRT Station with a price cut of nearly 10 per cent.

The 625-unit, 99-year leasehold project is slated to receive Temporary Occupation Permit in a few months and is left with 182 units. For a start, GuocoLand is likely to push out about 60-odd units, all three-bedders and most of which will cost below $650,000. The average price of the units to be relaunched will be about $595 psf, compared with an average price of $650 psf that GuocoLand was selling the project at during the height of the market in 2007.

The project is being marketed by CB Richard Ellis and ERA.

In the River Valley area, Fortune Development has sold 12 units at RV Suites since Saturday. The 96-unit freehold project's average price is $1,300 psf and most of the units are smallish, at about 500 to 550 sq ft and cost about $630,000 to $730,000. This brings total sales in the seven-storey project to 42 units, according to Fortune general manager Victor Soh.

Over in the Shelford Road area, East Coast Properties sold 14 units at D'Chateau @ Shelford during the weekend at an average price of about $1,000-1,100 psf. Units cost between $900,000 (for a three-bedroom apartment) and $1.7 million (for a penthouse). About half or 16 of the total 31 apartments in five-storey freehold project are now sold, said the company's managing director Alvin Ng.

Macly Capital is also said to have sold about 10 units over the weekend at Newton Edge.

Property market watchers say specuvestors may have been drawn to Alexis, near Queenstown MRT station, by developer EC Prime's decision to offer buyers an interest absorption scheme without charging any premium (usually buyers have to pay about 3 per cent more for such schemes), as well as the relatively affordable investment sums for the mostly smallish units.

However, EC Prime's director Melvin Poh refuted talk in some quarters that the company generated demand from agents who bought units, and that a substantial number of buyers picked up multiple units.

'We have checked our sales records; there were only two families that bought multiple units - one family bought five units, and the other, three units. The rest of the buyers all picked up one unit each.

'If agents from Huttons (Alexis's marketing agent) or their close relatives bought, they would have to declare to us, and so far there have been none,' Mr Poh said.

Alexis's buyers were mostly Singaporeans and EC Prime, a joint venture between Yi Kai Group and Fission Group, has given them up to three weeks to decide whether they would like to opt for the interest absorption scheme (IAS).

Buyers had to pay 5 per cent of the purchase price when they booked a unit, that is, when they were issued an option by the developer. Eight weeks later, they will have to pay up another 15 per cent, with no further payment (under IAS) until the project receives Temporary Occupation Permit in about three years.

Those who do not exercise their options will forfeit a quarter of their 5 per cent deposit. For a $500,000 unit, that will amount to $6,250.

Those who buy on IAS will have to immediately sign up for a home mortgage with United Overseas Bank, and the credit assessment is expected to sift out financially weak buyers.

'Alexis has drawn investors. Based on our sale prices, they could earn about 5-6 per cent yield from renting their units, given the location near an MRT station close to town,' Mr Poh said.

Sorry if this offend anyone but I think the smallest unit at 300 + sq feet is for my dog to stay. Totally crap. I rather stay in 4 rooms HDB at the same price. You might have other opinions but this is mine and I am entitled to it. It is like a HDB master room but with the toilet + kitchen + yard? Why resort to this just to get a "Condo Status". Like this fun meh? So sia suay.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Sorry if this offend anyone but I think the smallest unit at 300 + sq feet is for my dog to stay. Totally crap. I rather stay in 4 rooms HDB at the same price. You might have other opinions but this is mine and I am entitled to it. It is like a HDB master room but with the toilet + kitchen + yard? Why resort to this just to get a "Condo Status". Like this fun meh? So sia suay.
    Luckily.. the people here are more sane..
    But it's really funny , don't you think ? ...

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Luckily.. the people here are more sane..
    But it's really funny , don't you think ? ...
    this is what we call rock concert mentality in sales and marketing.
    huttons is very good at that.

spread the word months before
    get an army of agents to invite the world
    go into the showroom and see it fully packed
    price the quantum at a 'close one eye' level

people will buy.

Thumbs up

No offences done.. but end of the day, willing buyers... willing sellers... condo status is not attain by the number of units in the entire development. its determine by the land size. by the way, dun be too personal lah... units not sold out nevermind, whole project fully sold and you say people dog... haiz... but really dog house so big and expensive then your dog must be really enjoying life man... buy condo for your dog to stay... lolz

Pet

Don't think this project meet the URA requirement for condo status. It is only private apartment.

The size is not the issue. 38sqm is reasonable for 1 person or couple if the wife is working.

The biggest problem to me is the design for 1 bedroom. It is almost like a jail room. The whole unit sink inside.

But it does have rental potential. It is targeting those budget limited tenant that don't want to stay in HDB.

Well, hutton is famous for that. Call it a V VIP preview. And they invited almost everyone they know to heat up the atmosphere.

Hmm, 2k for queenstown. Then those studio units in prime district and city area will need to be rent up at 4-5k and 2-3 bedrooms for 8-9k. Lol... They are just too optimistic that our economic will go back to 2007 in 2 yrs times. What a joke!

There are advertising some units in the resale market. That mean defaults are expecting!!!

Shopping time!

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    Older development condo of 99yrs leasehold, at south buona vista road. Mins to sentosa,vivo, and city too.
    Good choice! The environment is a what you will call a home.

On the contrary, I think what you say makes alot of sense

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Blair
    Hotel room
    Yes right! The Hotel 81 and Fragrance Hotel rooms.

hehe! g'day biggest big boss towkay sir chowahbeng san! king of geylang, balestier and joo chiat!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    Don't think this project meet the URA requirement for condo status. It is only private apartment.

The size is not the issue. 38sqm is reasonable for 1 person or couple if the wife is working.

The biggest problem to me is the design for 1 bedroom. It is almost like a jail room. The whole unit sink inside.

But it does have rental potential. It is targeting those budget limited tenant that don't want to stay in HDB.

Well, hutton is famous for that. Call it a V VIP preview. And they invited almost everyone they know to heat up the atmosphere.

Hmm, 2k for queenstown. Then those studio units in prime district and city area will need to be rent up at 4-5k and 2-3 bedrooms for 8-9k. Lol... They are just too optimistic that our economic will go back to 2007 in 2 yrs times. What a joke!

There are advertising some units in the resale market. That mean defaults are expecting!!!

Shopping time!

are you aware that the livable space is similar to the 2rm hdb? just that you think its small as they took out the household shelter and doesnt charge you while hdb made in within the house still and made you pay for it.. still small? then you have to complain to hdb first as hdb sizes are being set and used as the benchmark for most developemnt nowadays. the authority have a minimum size applicable though.. when units appears in the papers doesnt means that the buyer have no means to hold and defaulting the loans.. so have to check out really carefully first..

Pet

Quote Originally Posted by Petmail
    are you aware that the livable space is similar to the 2rm hdb? just that you think its small as they took out the household shelter and doesnt charge you while hdb made in within the house still and made you pay for it.. still small? then you have to complain to hdb first as hdb sizes are being set and used as the benchmark for most developemnt nowadays. the authority have a minimum size applicable though.. when units appears in the papers doesnt means that the buyer have no means to hold and defaulting the loans.. so have to check out really carefully first..

Pet
    I heard agents and developer staff brought quite a few units. It is not so easy to find sucker to offload nowadays. Banks are tighter.

Good luck to those flippers!

I heard agents and developer staff brought quite a few units. It is not so easy to find sucker to offload nowadays. Banks are tighter.

well i'm sure they would have no problems servicing the loan or paying it..unless they buy purely to flip within a short period then might be risky

And the developer even denied this. What a liar!

It is just like the parc condo, where most units were bought by associates and agents. Now they are all stuck. They paid upwards of 850psf, and the most recent transaction is at 654psf.

That's why the recent ERA Realty decision was a slap in the face for all these agents. Good. Let the public see how greedy and corrupted they are.

I dont buy property often enough.. and this time Hutton really leaves a very bad tastes for many .. all the lies.. VVIP, launch date, genuine buyer not agent buyer, etc.. the latest is Hutton declaring "market is moving.. 700 units sold".. why benchmark a private apartment/condo against a 2-room HDB? if the comparison holds water, why then Hutton & developer is expecting to be paid more than a 2-roomer?

Also sorry to announce.. my company dont hire liars.

Quote Originally Posted by SL
    I dont buy property often enough.. and this time Hutton really leaves a very bad tastes for many .. all the lies.. VVIP, launch date, genuine buyer not agent buyer, etc.. the latest is Hutton declaring "market is moving.. 700 units sold".. why benchmark a private apartment/condo against a 2-room HDB? if the comparison holds water, why then Hutton & developer is expecting to be paid more than a 2-roomer?

Liars or not i am not sure but i dont doubt it ...

other suckers included those who bought SKY@Eleven ... those associates + staffs bought as well ...

Parc (clementi) too ...but that one buyers were told they were NOT allow to resell within a 3mth period ... so those who bought knew well enuff then that the developer was agst speculation

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    It is just like the parc condo, where most units were bought by associates and agents. Now they are all stuck. They paid upwards of 850psf, and the most recent transaction is at 654psf.
    I thought the most recent transcation for the Parc was 850psf??

Quote Originally Posted by dormer
    I thought the most recent transcation for the Parc was 850psf??

Don't need to argue. Go URA can liao.

Can see from 1k+ drop until 600+. Maybe still got suckers/high floor at 800+. Average is 700+.

What was the average when it was sold? If at 800+, then good luck to those who are holding a few units lor..

THE PARC CONDO WEST COAST WALK Condominium 1 1,033,600 1,216 850 Feb-09
    THE PARC CONDO WEST COAST WALK Condominium 1 990,000 1,518 652 Jan-09
    THE PARC CONDO WEST COAST WALK Condominium 1 950,000 1,216 781 Jan-09
    THE PARC CONDO WEST COAST WALK Condominium 1 2,350,000 3,681 638 Dec-08
    THE PARC CONDO WEST COAST WALK Condominium 1 1,070,080 1,216 880 Sep-08
    THE PARC CONDO WEST COAST WALK Condominium 1 810,000 980 827 Sep-08
    THE PARC CONDO WEST COAST WALK Condominium 1 1,130,000 1,216 929 Jul-08
    THE PARC CONDO WEST COAST WALK Condominium 1 2,238,360 2,433 920 May-08
    THE PARC CONDO WEST COAST WALK Condominium 1 1,211,400 1,421 853 May-08
    THE PARC CONDO WEST COAST WALK Condominium 1 1,050,000 1,216 863 May-08
    THE PARC CONDO WEST COAST WALK Condominium 1 948,690 1,216 780 Mar-08
    THE PARC CONDO WEST COAST WALK Condominium 1 1,500,000 1,464 1,025 Mar-08

there was a transaction at 652 psf for the Parc ... in jan

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    And the developer even denied this. What a liar!

for alexis.. no chance for internal selling as all units were open for sale and more than one cheque for particular unit then have to go for balloting. so its very rare chance to buy it internally.

Pet

Quote Originally Posted by mr funny
    http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...19573,00.html?

Published February 18, 2009

Some Alexis buyers offer units in subsalemarket

Other developers try to ride buying wave by relaunching units at lower prices

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

(SINGAPORE) The Alexis condo sold like hot cakes last week and now a few buyers at the fully sold project are trying to flip their units in the subsale market, notwithstanding the fact that Singapore is in the throes of its worst recession.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/...KRACTIVE18.jpg
    A better deal: Several developers are trimming prices to give buyers an incentive to commit to a purchase. This weekend, GuocoLand will relaunch The Quartz condo near Buangkok MRT Station with a price cut of nearly 10%

These buyers are seeking prices about $100 per square foot above what they had paid, translating to a net gain of around 10 per cent, property agents estimate.

Ripples from the strong sales momentum generated for the 293-unit freehold condo, comprising mostly smallish units costing between $420,000 and $800,000, spread to showflats of several other small and mid-sized developers. Some of them trimmed prices to give buyers an incentive to commit to a purchase.

The mini home-buying wave sparked earlier this month by Frasers Centrepoint's launch of its Caspian condo in the Jurong Lake District, has led other developers to speed up launch plans for new projects, or to relaunch existing ones, with a price cut.

This weekend, GuocoLand will relaunch The Quartz condo near Buangkok MRT Station with a price cut of nearly 10 per cent.

The 625-unit, 99-year leasehold project is slated to receive Temporary Occupation Permit in a few months and is left with 182 units. For a start, GuocoLand is likely to push out about 60-odd units, all three-bedders and most of which will cost below $650,000. The average price of the units to be relaunched will be about $595 psf, compared with an average price of $650 psf that GuocoLand was selling the project at during the height of the market in 2007.

The project is being marketed by CB Richard Ellis and ERA.

In the River Valley area, Fortune Development has sold 12 units at RV Suites since Saturday. The 96-unit freehold project's average price is $1,300 psf and most of the units are smallish, at about 500 to 550 sq ft and cost about $630,000 to $730,000. This brings total sales in the seven-storey project to 42 units, according to Fortune general manager Victor Soh.

Over in the Shelford Road area, East Coast Properties sold 14 units at D'Chateau @ Shelford during the weekend at an average price of about $1,000-1,100 psf. Units cost between $900,000 (for a three-bedroom apartment) and $1.7 million (for a penthouse). About half or 16 of the total 31 apartments in five-storey freehold project are now sold, said the company's managing director Alvin Ng.

Macly Capital is also said to have sold about 10 units over the weekend at Newton Edge.

Property market watchers say specuvestors may have been drawn to Alexis, near Queenstown MRT station, by developer EC Prime's decision to offer buyers an interest absorption scheme without charging any premium (usually buyers have to pay about 3 per cent more for such schemes), as well as the relatively affordable investment sums for the mostly smallish units.

However, EC Prime's director Melvin Poh refuted talk in some quarters that the company generated demand from agents who bought units, and that a substantial number of buyers picked up multiple units.

'We have checked our sales records; there were only two families that bought multiple units - one family bought five units, and the other, three units. The rest of the buyers all picked up one unit each.

'If agents from Huttons (Alexis's marketing agent) or their close relatives bought, they would have to declare to us, and so far there have been none,' Mr Poh said.

Alexis's buyers were mostly Singaporeans and EC Prime, a joint venture between Yi Kai Group and Fission Group, has given them up to three weeks to decide whether they would like to opt for the interest absorption scheme (IAS).

Buyers had to pay 5 per cent of the purchase price when they booked a unit, that is, when they were issued an option by the developer. Eight weeks later, they will have to pay up another 15 per cent, with no further payment (under IAS) until the project receives Temporary Occupation Permit in about three years.

Those who do not exercise their options will forfeit a quarter of their 5 per cent deposit. For a $500,000 unit, that will amount to $6,250.

Those who buy on IAS will have to immediately sign up for a home mortgage with United Overseas Bank, and the credit assessment is expected to sift out financially weak buyers.

'Alexis has drawn investors. Based on our sale prices, they could earn about 5-6 per cent yield from renting their units, given the location near an MRT station close to town,' Mr Poh said.
    Hmmm....These 2 buyers so lucky?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SL

benchmarking is on basis on sizes rather than prices. i do not know in what manner does huttons does disappoints you in anyway but somehow whether you wishes to buy or sell is definitely up to you. huttons represent developer to market the units according to the request of the developers. as much as we would like developers to price their selling price according to what the buyer an afford or wishes to pay but then its still entirely up to developer to decide. Likewise when i handle resale, i may present the case to my seller on the market comparison, market asking, banks' fair market value, etc and propose a marketable price for seller to decide, however, its still up to him to decide. if he decided so to price it too high, even if he wishes to pay me a 10% commission, i will never be able to sell.. thus for these cases, i do not take up this unit to market as i feels its not marketable. also depending situation, especially current market sentiments. I rather advise my clients not to sell instead of pushing them to sell knowing that most of them may not even be recovering their cost. nevertheless, if any one of you does think we are not man of integrity then i prefers not to debate on such matters. client whom i had attanded to knows whether i am a cheat or liar.

Thanks & cheers!!!

Pet

Quote Originally Posted by orange
    hehe! g'day biggest big boss towkay sir chowahbeng san! king of geylang, balestier and joo chiat!
    Biggest of Biggest Bosses Chief of Chief OKTs Sir Orange san