Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891419 ... LastLast

Thread: Robertson 100 (D9, Freehold, MCL Land)

if buy now with 4yrs SSD at least 2yrs later IF ur property does get a 20% appreciation, it is at least better than pay 20% more when buying at a later time

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i still remain neutral even though got gd offer.....

cant see any direction yet....bcoz any excessive hike in ppty px will b capped by cooling measures for sure....and if the next cooling measures r not well calibrated....it may cause a govt-induced correction

so now, perhaps ppty px can only go up gradually or stablised....but to buy somemore and tio slammed by 4yrs SSD....(imagine prices suddenly surge within next 2yrs....mabe by 20%...u cannot cash out).....
    Very Good point, I have totally forgotten about that!

That is why ONLY SELECT Properties with SHORT RENTAL LAG TIME. My humble view is that the Rental demand in that particular project must be strong enough to make you hold steadily onto the property within the 4 years locked in period.

How so? Some properties located in supposedly good location has no rental demand for dunno what reasons ( fengshui maybe ? ) your humble brother here also got no clue.

A way to know this is to observe the lag time or how fast a vacant unit is taken up within a project. I am sure you got relatives who are agents. They know the best and can tell you.

That is why, be steady la....

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    if buy now with 4yrs SSD at least 2yrs later IF ur property does get a 20% appreciation, it is at least better than pay 20% more when buying at a later time
    4yrs very far ahead.... If u sense smthing is wrong (smell blood), u cant cash out to protect ur profit....

However, if u oredi hf a few ppty..... Can consider new launches.... If smell blood, sell other existing ppty n keep the BUC ppty as future stock....

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    4yrs very far ahead.... If u sense smthing is wrong (smell blood), u cant cash out to protect ur profit....

However, if u oredi hf a few ppty..... Can consider new launches.... If smell blood, sell other existing ppty n keep the BUC ppty as future stock....
    but new launches are priced 20% higher than properties already built. So, either way, there is high risk in buying more.

There is no right or wrong.. as long as you dun over commit if you intend to buy now (in case u cant cash out in future). As for buying properties, I'm sure many of u gurus know far better which are the better buys.. no one is forcing you with a gun to buy the current overprices newly launched mass market projects which imo is crazy at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader

3) Rental markets. If rental returns remain above 3% like now. It will be better to buy than to rent. Foreigner expats are quick to find out this rental arbitrage rates. Why I called this rental arbitrage rates is because it is more worthwhile to buy than to rent. How so? Imagine you rented at the market for 3% of a property value BUT the bank loan rates are 2%. For a $1 million property, u paid about $3800/month while for a banking loan, you are paying $2800/month ! Even after they packed up and go home, they still can collect good rentals from India or China on the properties here. What do you think the expats will do? Yes . Like what they are doing now in the mass market segment!
    Well it is logical to say that but assume you are right, shouldnt the resale vol be higher since expats need to purchase a TOPed unit instead of renting? On the other hand sellers are not selling also due to low interest rates and gd economy. Or r u saying the most FT bot direct from developers instead? If so that means they need to handle rental+new purchase loans which is heftier. Figures show that most new launch are still bought by locals/pr albeit the multiple CMs. Herd mentality or not I am not sure, but the so-called old money will definitely return when we prices of the real CCR condos with huge quantum ssoars coupled with increasing transaction vol.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Well it is logical to say that but assume you are right, shouldnt the resale vol be higher since expats need to purchase a TOPed unit instead of renting? On the other hand sellers are not selling also due to low interest rates and gd economy. Or r u saying the most FT bot direct from developers instead? If so that means they need to handle rental+new purchase loans which is heftier. Figures show that most new launch are still bought by locals/pr albeit the multiple CMs. Herd mentality or not I am not sure, but the so-called old money will definitely return when we prices of the real CCR condos with huge quantum ssoars coupled with increasing transaction vol.
    I did not see a huge or sudden increase in expat buying into new projects . But my sources did see an increase in the number of foreign talents ( Not the usual Indonesian or Malaysians) shopping for properties in the resale market. Whether there is actual transaction, we will all know in a few months' time.

Do not forget, China is facing inflationary problems. She will definately curb her domestic property markets. This is because a big proportion of the population is the most feared middle class. But curbing domestic property markets is equivalent to tell the investing savy young middle class to go elsewhere to park their cash.

For India, the younger educated expats overseas are always the smarter investors than their local businessman. Unless you are talking about Indian businessman like Ratan Tata who are the few exception. No offence intended, just my humble opinion only.

You brought up a very good point which deserves further investigation ! I shall gather the relevant data on and then meditate on it. You have actually pointed into the correct direction to dwell on this question. Hopefully, I can give you a good answer and contribute here after the election.

DO NOT end up like the current retired ah pehs- used to be high income earners but had no clue how to invest or build an income line after retirement.

Now they lament they are left behind. Well, they should have known better in their younger days to upgrade their investment skills instead of merely playing stocks!

There were many opportunities for them like ETFs, Standard Chartered Pref Shares, etc during their times ( BUT NOT NOW HOR ! ) . But, what did they do then ? They WERE SLEEPING !

The current inflationary era totally caught them by surprise. If they had invested well, they would not be crying now.

Let your humble brother tell you what will happen next:

Singapore PRIVATE property market WILL BE GLOBALISED !

i find your post very interesting. Hope u can share more. Thanks

Retirees with $ can invest in Prudential M class when it goes below one dollar. Monthly returns is 4 cents per unit and this is equivalent to 5% pa. Better than putting money into annuity. Alternatively, you have more $ can invest in Capitaland bonds. The price was $94 when tsunami hits japan. Now has already gone up. One has to buy in block of $250,000.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    i find your post very interesting. Hope u can share more. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Retirees with $ can invest in Prudential M class when it goes below one dollar. Monthly returns is 4 cents per unit and this is equivalent to 5% pa. Better than putting money into annuity. Alternatively, you have more $ can invest in Capitaland bonds. The price was $94 when tsunami hits japan. Now has already gone up. One has to buy in block of $250,000.
    thanks for your kind sharing. Congrats on your 2009 bet btw, saw your sharing on other thread. High Risk period = High Return.

Expected time of arrival: Exactly 200 days.
    Left 170 days...

I did not see a huge or sudden increase in expat buying into new projects . But my sources did see an increase in the number of foreign talents ( Not the usual Indonesian or Malaysians) shopping for properties in the resale market. Whether there is actual transaction, we will all know in a few months' time.

Do not forget, China is facing inflationary problems. She will definately curb her domestic property markets. This is because a big proportion of the population is the most feared middle class. But curbing domestic property markets is equivalent to tell the investing savy young middle class to go elsewhere to park their cash.

For India, the younger educated expats overseas are always the smarter investors than their local businessman. Unless you are talking about Indian businessman like Ratan Tata who are the few exception. No offence intended, just my humble opinion only.

You brought up a very good point which deserves further investigation ! I shall gather the relevant data on and then meditate on it. You have actually pointed into the correct direction to dwell on this question. Hopefully, I can give you a good answer and contribute here after the election.

Now you believe my grassroots has faster information than the mass media?

Haha.... So is your grassroots afraid of KBW? Will he anyhow slam brakes on the market? The jurong east GLS winning bid quite scary....

dear blackjack,
    which of robertson quay condos are you looking?

dun need to wait for the data liao. confirmed Chinese buyers are in the making..

If you are lucky enough to get a unit here... DON'T SELL IT !

KA NI GONG, NI MAI TIA. TIO LIAO BO ?

Pssssssssssssssssssssst...so u wanna know where is the next in-location? hehehehehhehehehehhehehehehhehehe

HINT: Near J.C. hehehehheheheheh

Hinted you guys several months ago to "Choop" the river area, but some brothers here were too "iron teeth" ( read the replies above ) and sniggered at my posts AGAIN. See, you guys always missed my bull's calls. Want to help you make monies also difficult la. Those in another forum who are not as iron teeth already making liao la...

Sad....
    halor halor...hehehehehhehehe

Since now it is out in the media. Let your humble brother here tell you what is going to happen in the next 5 years to the River Area. There will be massive shortages of hotels in this area.

For the past 5 years, developers had been too focused on building residential properties around the River. With the confirmed success of the 2 IRs now, travelers volume to this city is confirmed going to be explosive.

Where else in Singapore can you get a private condo within a good class hotels area? But then again, some iron teeth will definately come out to bash my logic again and missed the whole bull call again.

This is the best I can help la.

神龙股侠。
    repeat again in case u forgotten hor..heheheheh

brother mage, you are too humble to call urself a noob. i was beginning to suspect i am talking to myself here. So happy someone finally responded.

It is very easy to identify times of greed: This will be the time sellers will keep refusing your bids on every higher offer you give to them. You will not be able to close any transaction with them. Every week, you will see higher and higher asking prices in the newspaper. Panic buyers will instead flock to developer's showrooms because it is easier to close the transaction with the developers. Many projects will be fully sold within a week or a few days.

During times of fear, very few buyers in the market. There will still be respectable transaction volume. But mostly resale ones as owners gave up their trophies to you. They will still ask for a higher price but will compromise for a lower offer.

Whether there will be an upcoming time of greed/fear depends on :

1) China further tightening her local property market thus causing many Chinese instead to invest assets overseas as a hedge against their domestic inflation. How so ? Because their forex is inelastic while ours are getting stronger and more elastic. So, they have low exchange rates which is killing their buying power because the more sort after luxury goods by the middle class like cars are foreign made.

2) If US will keep the interest rates below 3%. 3% is the magic number because below this number is the real arbitrage rates as they are effectively negative real rates for your cash in the banks. Unless the banks are able to offer 3% deposit rates which are highly unlikely due to many factors. Beyond 3%, you will be paying more and more for your bank loans.

3) Rental markets. If rental returns remain above 3% like now. It will be better to buy than to rent. Foreigner expats are quick to find out this rental arbitrage rates. Why I called this rental arbitrage rates is because it is more worthwhile to buy than to rent. How so? Imagine you rented at the market for 3% of a property value BUT the bank loan rates are 2%. For a $1 million property, u paid about $3800/month while for a banking loan, you are paying $2800/month ! Even after they packed up and go home, they still can collect good rentals from India or China on the properties here. What do you think the expats will do? Yes . Like what they are doing now in the mass market segment!

4) The Big Fish ( Or the High End Property Investors ) will enter the market when rental arbitrage rates beyond 5% which many time is unlikely but your humble brother here think it is coming soon due to the Japanese earthquake.

Last month was the month of Fear. But starting this week, I think greed is coming back although it is very subtle and low profile now. ( a few pojects in Geyland was fully sold within a day, if my grassroots sources are accurate. )

Good Luck. Just My Humble Opinion Only, Do Not blame me for anything!
    remember every single word I said hor..hehehehhehe

wah, BJ21, u have been absent for so long. nobody remember you anymore le.

how is your greece trip?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    wah, BJ21, u have been absent for so long. nobody remember you anymore le.

how is your greece trip?
    brother hopeful ! So happy to see u again. Actually I was back earlier la, I was busy in ChannelNewsAsia Forum lor. hehehehehheheheheh

Pssssssssssssssssssssst...so u wanna know where is the next in-location? hehehehehhehehehehhehehehehhehehe

HINT: Near J.C. hehehehheheheheh
    yo bro blackjack, wat is JC? give more hints...

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    yo bro blackjack, wat is JC? give more hints...
    let's have some fun first, i invite brothers & sisters here to make a guess. heheheheehehhe

JC = JC Draycott?

let me guess a non prime location, J Cube

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    JC = JC Draycott?

Joo Chiat.... lol trying for the most out answer

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Joo Chiat.... lol trying for the most out answer
    YES! Brother carbuncle is so right! well, maybe not in Joo Chiat BUT NEAR THERE . heheheheheheh.. Well, the skeptics might say I talk cork again but here's my rationale:

The next ERL MRT line should pass through Marine Parade, no ? Then is it not logical to assume that because Joo Chiat is so rich in heritage, that one of the transport link exit should be located near there ? hehehehehehe As to where......I will tell you once my third eye made a scan on the district la.

hehehhehehehehehehehhehe

bro bj21t, 3 guesses liao, anyone of us hit?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    bro bj21t, 3 guesses liao, anyone of us hit?
    Yes bro, read above Aim near there, but not within the Joo Chiat noisy area hor !