Thread: Bluwaters vs Riz Haven

Default Bluwaters vs Riz Haven

I'm looking to purchase a unit in JLB area and appreciate some feedback in choosing between Bluewaters and Riz Haven.

Among the several boutique developments in this area that are within my budget, I particularly liked Bluwaters and Riz Haven for their resort-styled architecture (clay tiled pitched roofs and earth-tone materials amongst others). I do not quite fancy too much glass and steel and whitewashed walls for coastal developments like these. Although their location is somewhat inconvenient as they are located further away from Downtown East, I find it a bonus as the human and vehicular traffic near the round-about pretty jarring especially on weekends. The few developments such as Celadon View, although convenient, have their backs facing the park linking Downtown East and Costa Sands Resort, and are subject to noise from park goers. Besides, Bluwaters and Riz Haven is literally be a stone's throw away from the new road that is currently under construction.

I observed that Bluwaters have an edge over RH as its units are facing the low 2-sty townhouses, meaning most 2nd sty units and above could enjoy a distant view, and in the case of the upper storeys, this view sweeps from the sea view to the forrested area beyond Edgewater, where you could see the tree canopies. Whereas RH will be facing the back of Bluwaters, so any hopes of a sea view would be gone except for a narrow viewing window between the 2 buildings. Does anyone know of any re-development plans for the townhouses beside Bluwaters?

For the moment I favour Bluwaters, despite it being not a brand new development. Does anyone has a copy of the sales brochure? I would like to have the floor plans for the 2-bedroom units in particular. What psf would be considered a decent price for a 2-bedder in these 2 developments?

JIT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Junction
    I'm looking to purchase a unit in JLB area and appreciate some feedback in choosing between Bluewaters and Riz Haven.

Among the several boutique developments in this area that are within my budget, I particularly liked Bluwaters and Riz Haven for their resort-styled architecture (clay tiled pitched roofs and earth-tone materials amongst others). I do not quite fancy too much glass and steel and whitewashed walls for coastal developments like these. Although their location is somewhat inconvenient as they are located further away from Downtown East, I find it a bonus as the human and vehicular traffic near the round-about pretty jarring especially on weekends. The few developments such as Celadon View, although convenient, have their backs facing the park linking Downtown East and Costa Sands Resort, and are subject to noise from park goers. Besides, Bluwaters and Riz Haven is literally be a stone's throw away from the new road that is currently under construction.

I observed that Bluwaters have an edge over RH as its units are facing the low 2-sty townhouses, meaning most 2nd sty units and above could enjoy a distant view, and in the case of the upper storeys, this view sweeps from the sea view to the forrested area beyond Edgewater, where you could see the tree canopies. Whereas RH will be facing the back of Bluwaters, so any hopes of a sea view would be gone except for a narrow viewing window between the 2 buildings. Does anyone know of any re-development plans for the townhouses beside Bluwaters?

For the moment I favour Bluwaters, despite it being not a brand new development. Does anyone has a copy of the sales brochure? I would like to have the floor plans for the 2-bedroom units in particular. What psf would be considered a decent price for a 2-bedder in these 2 developments?
    If you really like the sea view....then should get Bluwaters. But Riz Haven interior design and floor plan is nicer. Personal view. And I will rather buy a new development. If you wan realli nice Sea View....why dun U consider getting Condo at East Coast area instead of low rise apartments?

Both have nice balconies although I am more inclined towards the longer/narrower balcony in Bluwaters compared to the squarish balcony in RH. I feel the longer balcony gives more breathing space.

As for the sea view, yes I have visited Bayshore Park and The Bayshore, the latter is not much of sea view anymore as it is blocked by Costa Del Sol and Bayshore Park (I'm not sure about the higher levels though). I prefer BP despite it being almost 12 yrs older than The Bayshore due to the layout of the units and the overall environment at ground level, it is much more spacious and breezy. That said, I find the sea view too distant compared to the more intimate sea view at JLB area. The sheer distance made the boats and trees look like miniature scale model. And it gets rather scary at that height. I like a closer feel to the sea and boats etc. Besides, I'm pretty much priced out of D15/16 developments especially the newer ones.

I wonder if the developer still has extra copies of Bluwaters sales catalogue?