Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: The Linear (D23, 999 yrs, Amara Holdings)

ko Guest

Default Re: The Linear condo by Amara versus Espa condo by Soilbuild

I just checked the website that cashew hill is asking for 1.6M up., definitely not within my budget.

Hillview area is nice tranquil area, however, transport and amenities are an issue especially for my old folks. I know there are 2 launces by FEO in hillview area if I recalled correctly - hillvista and glensprings.

I have went round looking at second hand resale condos in that district, such as northvale penthouse (asking 710K), the Jade (asking between 750-800K), the Madeira ( 650K up for high floors), and the Warren (650k up for high floors).

Has been losers u r Guest

Your district is crap loh. No resale value, only downwards value. I rather buy Johor waterfront projects, got more upside than your area. Still can discuss somemore, really got no shame you losers.

J Chia Guest

Default Beware Of Malaysian Property

Melissa Sim
    6 May 2007

Where the Malaysian Property Exhibition goes, Mr Jackson Chia, 63, follows with his own mobile exhibition - a collection of newspaper articles stuck onto his grey Toyota.

From 10am to noon yesterday, he stationed himself at the Suntec City Tower Three bus stop, 50m from the Malaysian Property Exhibition.

The show featured a group of developers selling property in Malaysia, and Mr Chia was warning the public of the pitfalls of investing in Malaysian property.

When people stopped to look at his newspaper cuttings, he encouraged them to read the articles and handed out fliers summarising his experience at Anjung Seri Condominium in Johor Baru.

Mr Chia, a copywriter at a design firm, is one of 37 Singaporean buyers who paid between RM150,000 (S$66,800) and RM400,000 for units in the Anjung Seri Condominium.

Problems soon followed. Two of the five blocks were left uncompleted because the developer ran into funding problems. Maintenance was poor and as time passed, residents started to move out.

In December 2005, the place was looted. Even fixtures like windows, grilles and doors were stolen. The group lodged police reports and wrote to the Malaysian authorities.

In January this year, some of the owners went to the Malaysian High Commission here to seek redress. They have yet to hear from the authorities.

This is somewhat like the problem faced by the Singaporean owners of the Taman Permata residential estate, also in Johor Baru. As reported in The Sunday Times last month, the estate's developer went bankrupt and the homes might be taken away by the bank.

Mr Chia said he hopes proper channels can be set up to safeguard future investors. He also wants to educate the public on the dangers of investing in Malaysian property.

As part of his efforts to educate the public, Mr Chia will put together a book titled Malaysian Property: A Painful Experience.

The book will be ready by the end of this year.

'Now it's not just a campaign for personal compensation, but a campaign to educate other Singaporeans,' said Mr Chia.

'I think it's a good idea,' said Mr Ahmad.

'It would be educational for people who have not read about the dangers of property investment in Malaysia.'

ko Guest

I am looking for a place to stay as the primary priority, not as a primary investment tool to get high returns.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ko
    I am looking for a place to stay as the primary priority, not as a primary investment tool to get high returns.
    Then stay in JB lah, half the price for food lodging and sex.

IDR Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Then stay in JB lah, half the price for food lodging and sex.
    JB is the best.
    Everything halved!
    You only get robed/killed half the time - not all the time.
    JB! JB! JB!

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: The Linear (D23, 999 yrs, Amara Holdings)

Hi, did anyone know that the price of Linear had gone up twice this week???

Unregistered Guest

Yes, apparenly demand for these units must be quite strong. Linear was also briefly mentioned in Straits times as "upmarket apartment" when they were featuring Kenzo Tange.

While front facing may have a little noise, back is quite quiet.

Yes, heard that prices have headed upwards quite drastically.

Unregistered Guest

I was there, the entire block facing school towards the coffeshop is fully sold. Will see how it goes after the price increase.

Unregistered Guest

Hi, did anyone know that the price of Linear had gone up twice this week???
    So price increases have really spread to the suburb properties!!

Unregistered Guest

So price increases have really spread to the suburb properties!!
    A property that few wanted over past 3 years, now had become so hot without any major simulator except the hot property market over last 6 months ? More speculation than anything.

Unregistered Guest

Anyone knows how much will it cost to rent a unit at the linear? Say 3BR.

A property that few wanted over past 3 years, now had become so hot without any major simulator except the hot property market over last 6 months ? More speculation than anything.
    could be the lack of launches... while the en-bloc frenzy continues...

some developers are waiting for the hungry ghost month to pass, till then, there will be a few more launches.

Unregistered Guest

Had a friend who bought a unit a few days ago and was told price had jump +200psf a few days later!!! Hard to believe....

Had a friend who bought a unit a few days ago and was told price had jump +200psf a few days later!!! Hard to believe....
    200psf !!! it's getting ridiculous !!

It's harder to believe if pple will buy after the increase, given that they already had problems selling at the old price.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ht

It's harder to believe if pple will buy after the increase, given that they already had problems selling at the old price.
    well, let's see whether there will be new transactions in the coming days/months.

Unregistered Guest

Ya! you are right, who will buy after the increased Look like a flatted factory from the outside and the carpark also.

Unregistered Guest

I have a differing view. This development is under-valued at the moment. There will be many new launches in the months ahead at Bukit Timah area and will probably be setting new records for BT area. This will in turn filter down towards Upper BT (Dist 21/23).

I have a differing view. This development is under-valued at the moment. There will be many new launches in the months ahead at Bukit Timah area and will probably be setting new records for BT area. This will in turn filter down towards Upper BT (Dist 21/23).
    It has been undervalue for a long time, the last 6-9 mths were the best times for it to find its value....but nothing happened, looking ahead, the more conservative forumers are already warning everybody about "the shock" and "something is coming"....
    it better find its value fast !!!
    but good luck to the guy who bought at the "value", coz it's may take a long time to rediscover "the value" when he decides to sell...

Unregistered Guest

It has been undervalue for a long time, the last 6-9 mths were the best times for it to find its value....but nothing happened, looking ahead, the more conservative forumers are already warning everybody about "the shock" and "something is coming"....
    it better find its value fast !!!
    but good luck to the guy who bought at the "value", coz it's may take a long time to rediscover "the value" when he decides to sell...
    Hi HT,

I'm that guy and buying to stay. Thanks for your concern.

Hi HT,

I'm that guy and buying to stay. Thanks for your concern.
    Hi,

You bought it after they have increased by 200psf?

Unregistered Guest

Hi,

You bought it after they have increased by 200psf?
    Before. Hopefully the "big shocking news" will not affect me so much....anyway, as long as the owners are not into speculation but genuine buyers, they should not be worrying so much. Peace....

Before. Hopefully the "big shocking news" will not affect me so much....anyway, as long as the owners are not into speculation but genuine buyers, they should not be worrying so much. Peace....
    Then, really, you have nothing to loose.... in fact, you should be happy since the developer has raised the price so substanitially.

The "guy" in my post, I was refering to those who buy after the increase.

Cheers !!

Unregistered Guest

Then, really, you have nothing to loose.... in fact, you should be happy since the developer has raised the price so substanitially.

The "guy" in my post, I was refering to those who buy after the increase.

Cheers !!
    Even if the "guy" in your post bought after the increase, they should have nothing to fear as long as they like what they buy and plan to stay. BTW, what so bad about the development? The sun, noise and canal? The units at the back have no direct sunlight, noise level is extremely low and the canal was not dirty and etc.... 5 to 10 mins walk and you will reach the bus interchange and LRT. Shopping centre just a few bus stop away and there are coffeeshops just beside the development. As long as you are not comparing it with Dist 9, 10 and 11, do not see what so bad about the place. Maybe I am wrong here but just my thots. By the way, prime Dist now $2000 to $5000psf, any new development below 900psf with 999 yrs lease should not be that expensive right?

Even if the "guy" in your post bought after the increase, they should have nothing to fear as long as they like what they buy and plan to stay. BTW, what so bad about the development? The sun, noise and canal? The units at the back have no direct sunlight, noise level is extremely low and the canal was not dirty and etc.... 5 to 10 mins walk and you will reach the bus interchange and LRT. Shopping centre just a few bus stop away and there are coffeeshops just beside the development. As long as you are not comparing it with Dist 9, 10 and 11, do not see what so bad about the place. Maybe I am wrong here but just my thots. By the way, prime Dist now $2000 to $5000psf, any new development below 900psf with 999 yrs lease should not be that expensive right?
    good to hear your are more than happy with your purchase, especially when you are getting to stay.

cheers !!

Unregistered Guest

There are loads of good things about the linear. The back facing units are very quiet, the canal is more like a little river (not dirty at all) , layout is terrific and best of all- its near all major amenities and the future MRT.
    It is also 999 years.

I guess that the developer is pegging it at its real value now. So, price increase is in order.

Unregistered Guest

There are loads of good things about the linear. The back facing units are very quiet, the canal is more like a little river (not dirty at all) , layout is terrific and best of all- its near all major amenities and the future MRT.
    It is also 999 years.

I guess that the developer is pegging it at its real value now. So, price increase is in order.
    The is the worse project I have ever seen and experienced in terms of site, layout and design (except the exterior looks quite OK).
    I was at the site twice and some of the rooms and courtyard (first floor unit) were so poorly designed that I felt suffocated (extreme poor ventilation) just by standing there for 5 mins. I guess you can turn the air condition on 24h a day to stay alive. If you decide to turn off the aircon while you are at work, the good thing is you will probably generate sufficient heat to kill off the bugs in your units.

Unregistered Guest

The is the worse project I have ever seen and experienced in terms of site, layout and design (except the exterior looks quite OK).
    I was at the site twice and some of the rooms and courtyard (first floor unit) were so poorly designed that I felt suffocated (extreme poor ventilation) just by standing there for 5 mins. I guess you can turn the air condition on 24h a day to stay alive. If you decide to turn off the aircon while you are at work, the good thing is you will probably generate sufficient heat to kill off the bugs in your units.
    Not sure which units you visited. The one I did see twice (morning and afternoon) had no aircon, ground floor, rear facing: breezy with main door closed and only living room windows open. Good layout with no toilet bowls sharing walls with bedroom headboard walls and awkward corners like in the projects I have been visiting this year. Plus nice block numbers. For all the plus points already mentioned by others and these here observations, I bought that unit last week before price went north. Very happy with it. Cheers.

Unregistered Guest

In URA's press release today:

"...The increase in private housing prices in recent quarters is in line with greater economic growth and rising confidence. Private housing prices are now increasing at a faster pace because of good economic prospects going forward and the increasing attractiveness of Singapore as a global city."

Unregistered Guest

It's true !! the developer has increased the price last week! this is despite there are still unsold units. The developer felt that it is grossly undervalued at previous pricing and the move is to reflect the strong property sentiment filtering down to the suburbs.