Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Linear (D23, 999 yrs, Amara Holdings)

Quote Originally Posted by moneymatters
    Did verify with developer marketing agent. Almost all units sold except for a few units that were rented out by developer. Think those who bought recently at 500-550psf got a very good deal and stands to profit much when DTL2 starts operation in 2015.
    They are seeing a lot of showroom traffic since the re-launch prices and more importantly, they managed to move quite a no. of units. The back-facing units were snapped up very quickly followed by some of the front ones.... They even managed to sell a couple the penthouses during this period as well.

Seems like The Linear will not be as "vacant" and "left empty" as it use to be..

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwrx
    They are seeing a lot of showroom traffic since the re-launch prices and more importantly, they managed to move quite a no. of units. The back-facing units were snapped up very quickly followed by some of the front ones.... They even managed to sell a couple the penthouses during this period as well.

Seems like The Linear will not be as "vacant" and "left empty" as it use to be..
    Did a caveat check on Maysprings too for period Jan 2008 to Apr 2009. A total of 54 units transacted....quite an achievement in a recessionary period.

Quote Originally Posted by apple3
    Can't help but feel the need to comment on this Linear.

1. The good thing is it LH999 and available immediately + superb price reduction from developer after empty so long.

2. The bad thing, Because it is facing Mindef, it have a height restriction and the land shape deny its development to be North-South Oriented which then could go high like Maysprings behind Linear.

3. The train pass by minimum 4 times a day and could be hear as far as Hazel Park.

4. At the last check, the future MRT is not going to be on the empty land beside the LRT. Maysprings MCST + some residents had taken this thing all the way to Teo Ho Pin to request to have an integrated MRT/LRT/Interchange but however, this last station of the line could not be bend enough to cater. Tentatively it will be along Petir Road which is not exactly walking distance for Linear unless they could cut through or fly over Maysprings diagonally. (Chk Maysprings thread)

5. For goodness sake, Linear is an apartment classification not a condominium.

The prawn noodle beside Linear is good though. The Sze Char also not bad, do try their flower crab on Friday.
    The indian Karu Briyani also not bad!

Quote Originally Posted by moneymatters
    Did a caveat check on Maysprings too for period Jan 2008 to Apr 2009. A total of 54 units transacted....quite an achievement in a recessionary period.
    I was considering Maysprings too since the development falls under the geographical boundary that I was focusing on. But somehow the internal layout of the units (a lot of odd angular corners) did not appeal to me, plus it is LH99 and about 8~9 yrs old already. And the units I saw were tenanted units so the maintenance and upkeep of the interior were quite poor...

At the end just felt more comfortable with Linear.

So far, I have seen two configurations for the 3 bedders... one is 1227sqft and the other type is 1249sqft. The developer is selling the back facing units for $550psf and the front facing ones for $520psf. However apart from the penthouses, I am not sure if the developer have anymore back facing units left to sell...

As for the 2 bedders, I was offered a front facing unit at 936sqft asking for about $560psf.... but this was from the secondary market. Not sure whether it is still available or not....
    Hi,

May i know how much is the maintenance fee ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenziT77
    Hi,

May i know how much is the maintenance fee ?

Thanks
    Think it's about $272/mth

I was considering Maysprings too since the development falls under the geographical boundary that I was focusing on. But somehow the internal layout of the units (a lot of odd angular corners) did not appeal to me, plus it is LH99 and about 8~9 yrs old already. And the units I saw were tenanted units so the maintenance and upkeep of the interior were quite poor...

At the end just felt more comfortable with Linear.
    Putting comfort aside and just focus on costing, at 550psf of Linear and 550psf of Maysprings, of course get Linear.

Putting comfort aside and just focus on costing, at 550psf of Linear and 550psf of Maysprings, of course get Linear.

I have to agree with apple3. I am also one of the buyers that bought the back facing units. I have to admit that the exterior does not fancy me much, but its the interior and the price that make me decide to buy it. Now I am really looking forward to the day to collect my keys.

Quote Originally Posted by mezzy
    I have to agree with apple3. I am also one of the buyers that bought the back facing units. I have to admit that the exterior does not fancy me much, but its the interior and the price that make me decide to buy it. Now I am really looking forward to the day to collect my keys.
    congrats ..

i've always thought Linear is a very unique designed project ... apart from the fact that its near the road .. it has its potential ...

Quote Originally Posted by mezzy
    Cool! Another fellow Linear resident-to-be...

Just exercised my option last week. I can't wait to get hold of my keys too! Hope to catch you around some time....

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    congrats ..

i've always thought Linear is a very unique designed project ... apart from the fact that its near the road .. it has its potential ...
    The factor is still the relaunch 550psf. And just decent for an apartment classification.

If you have follow my earlier comment, you could notice that with
    West road East drain, no further land could be merge up. And it have very limited potential on height restriction unless Mindef shift home.

Just buy to stay lah, lease out also average yield for 550 grabber.
    Capital appreciation forget it. Emblock near impossible.

The factor is still the relaunch 550psf. And just decent for an apartment classification.

If you have follow my earlier comment, you could notice that with
    West road East drain, no further land could be merge up. And it have very limited potential on height restriction unless Mindef shift home.

Just buy to stay lah, lease out also average yield for 550 grabber.
    Capital appreciation forget it. Emblock near impossible.
    like that how to sell later if want to get out?

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    like that how to sell later if want to get out?
    Then sell now lor.....

Just dropped by the sales office on Sun and apparently instead of lowering price to clear the remaining units, they just upped the price of the penthouses to $560psf....

And the only back-facing unit left is the sales office on the ground floor and even for that, they got an offer for $600psf but they are not selling that unit.

Developer is stupid. Only a few $psf between successful sale (locked in profit) and no sale (liability/risk of holding unsold stock). If I were them, i'll just try to sell all asap instead of arguing over a few $psf.

hazel park is going much less psf. am renting a unit here and been here for close to 2 years. ok on maintenance. neighbours ok.

recently exterior was repainted.

better facilities although older. >600 units hence more facilities available

mrt line up in 5 years. potential upside. used to see my rented unit being looked at for $900k. now $700k....my view is that this price is still high

"And the only back-facing unit left is the sales office on the ground floor and even for that, they got an offer for $600psf but they are not selling that unit."

Did you offer $600psf or they told you ?

Quote Originally Posted by flying bear
    "And the only back-facing unit left is the sales office on the ground floor and even for that, they got an offer for $600psf but they are not selling that unit."

Did you offer $600psf or they told you ?
    They told me..... but it didn't matter because I already gotten an unit.

Maybe they just blowing hotair about the $600psf offer but indeed there are no more back-facing units left except for the penthouses and the sales office unit itself.

Quote Originally Posted by orange
    Developer is stupid. Only a few $psf between successful sale (locked in profit) and no sale (liability/risk of holding unsold stock). If I were them, i'll just try to sell all asap instead of arguing over a few $psf.
    Damm Weird tactic by the developer.... not sure what they trying to achieve by upping the psf by a mere $10?? A symbolic move maybe??

But even before this, the penthouses are priced at the same psf as the "normal" units... which in itself is already odd given that penthouses are usually priced on a lower psf basis as they are bigger sized than the "normal" units.....

Quote Originally Posted by orange
    The above quoted is the wisdom of the day..

i got a suggestion for the front facing units. maybe developer can apply to convert road facing units to some kind of office...

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    i got a suggestion for the front facing units. maybe developer can apply to convert road facing units to some kind of office...
    since we are all going green... just tell the management office or developer to plant a row of pine (?) trees .. or bamboo ..

its a low rise .. the tree can easily reach the max height, filter noise and dust ..

indeed developer not very smart ...

Default New To Linear

Hi:

Since no more back row units available, had just signed OTP for one of front row unit.

It seems rather "noisy" as read from this forum.....could that be minimized.....? But I think for S$520psf LH999....is a good value buy for mid-to-long terms holdings....

Well I look forward moving in after the tenancy expires next year.......

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Wah $520 psf, So cheap! Even those HDB will no facilities and 99LH were sold for $600 psf!

Quote Originally Posted by ET-68
    Hi:

Since no more back row units available, had just signed OTP for one of front row unit.

It seems rather "noisy" as read from this forum.....could that be minimized.....? But I think for S$520psf LH999....is a good value buy for mid-to-long terms holdings....

Those who had bought it like I do would probably thought so....only set-back is the monthly maintainance is too high @$272/mth....! Wonder why and when the committee will consider to reduce.....???

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Think of it this way: If you own a HDB, you still pay car park of $100 (sheltered car park), conservation charges of $85 (e.g. 5rm flat). This is already $185! Pay a bit more & you get the swimming pool, the gym, the BBQ pit, etc!

Any goon-du will also know private properties at HDB prices is too good to be true! Either private property prices will have to rise more to create the gap or HDB prices have to drop (since we still have the EC which is supposed to be priced at a level sand-wiched between private and HDB). As a rule of thumb, I would expect that the price of private property (masss-market) to be 2x that of HDB in same vicinity.

Those who had bought it like I do would probably thought so....only set-back is the monthly maintainance is too high @$272/mth....! Wonder why and when the committee will consider to reduce.....???

....2x!.... that would be a day for those Linear proud owners will like it to happen of soonest.

Hi:

smart move, get passive income for the next few months and stand to gain big time when more plans are announced for DTL and Bukit Panjang Town centre. Come 2015, Linear owners who bought the last few remaining units will be laughing their way to the bank. At 520psf for Kenzo/Paul Tange designed project , it is an absolute no brainer.

Smile Greetings!

Hi:

Cool! Another fellow Linear resident-to-be....

Hi did any of u guys out there bought your unit with tenancy ?...What are the things to look out for....cost developer still can't arrange viewing of my unit even though already exercised OTP.....(alwys gave excuse tenant never pick up phone)....Any advise?

Hi did any of u guys out there bought your unit with tenancy ?...What are the things to look out for....cost developer still can't arrange viewing of my unit even though already exercised OTP.....(alwys gave excuse tenant never pick up phone)....Any advise?
    Few things worth looking out for are:
    1 Air Con in good working condition as the units are left vacant for 2 yrs
    2 Any cracks outside your unit or inside your rooms
    3 Any missing items for example, glass panels in the master bedroom
    4 Problem with the flushing system.

Do bear in mind that there is no warranty and any defect will cost money...