Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567121722 ... LastLast

Thread: Oasis Garden at Upper Paya Lebar

Quote Originally Posted by jtpy
    Yah, the shophouses along paya lebar road are really run down.. But that area is undergoing major road changes and redevelopment... The new expressway, MRT station, etc are all in the midst of development.. Also observe that the road in front of the shophouses are very awkward looking and narrow... Perhaps the govt will "clean up" that area abit after all the major developments are done..

I'll be doing some night driving to that area tonight to check out how safe the neighbourhood is..
    If you really get a unit there just write to the Authorities (BCA, URA etc) to complain about the state and uses of the shophouses nearby. Wahla.. They will be cleaned up in no time

Went to have a look at oasis garden today. I must say evania is in a different league as compared to oasis. 1 is an apartment with minimum facilities while the other has got almost full condo facilities. The oasis area though near to industrial buildings, is peaceful and quiet on a sunday which i will look forward to after a hard work week. Overlooking lowrise private estate, the unblocked view from the balconies of all the units (especially on the high floors) is an added advantage.

Evania's main entrance is located along a busy road and I don't think the owners will get the same peaceful enjoyment as oasis's owners. I foresee carparking is also a problem at evania as it is usual with small developments. Imagine if you have visitors coming and they probably have to park quite faraway out of the estate which I really got no idea where. If you are planning to stay long term, the maintenance contributions, especially sinking fund for a small development will escalate at a faster rate than a bigger development as age catches up. For oasis, it's only 100+ units, u will still get to enjoy certain extent of privacy and yet not too taxing on your pockets to pay high miantenance funds. Will seriously consider a unit there after observing the area further...

Was there last night for a drive through of that area. Was quite surprise that it is actually pretty ok at night with trickles of people mostly walking to the Gurkhas quarters from the main road. Also observed that the road (think is little road) leading inside does not have much foreign workers lurking around and chit chatting alongside the pavement... The road itself is also pretty decently litted, unlike those poorly and badly litted ones..

One other interesting observation is that when I parked my car outside the Bartley Sec Sch for a few minutes to take a good look at the frontage of the development, a Gurkha guard actually came out from his sentry post to "observe" me... Seemed like "free added security" to me..

Quote Originally Posted by skleehoh
    Just call my agent..he says we can try proposed another 5 % reduction to developer, he sound confident leh... also say bank evaluation is much higher...
    Bro, can share your quote? Is it consistent with what I posted earlier.... Share some notes..

Default Oasis Garden at Upper Paya Lebar

Hello, Brother JTPY,

I am looking at 4 bedroom unit which is higher in quantum and therefore slightly lower in psf ( in terms of 10s but not too drastic) than the one you quote.

I was told to get in priciple approval from bank first on the loan amount before committment to any property. So ...shopping for bank loan now..

Got an silly idea yesterday...if we are serious, we may want to join force to get bulk discount....just think only for now...

Just to share some shopping trip....I went to see the woodville 28 ( 99 lease term) yesterday, the location is good as it is in central and next to mrt but along very noisy road...price wise is a bit higher compared to Oasis but lower than Kovan Residence.

I am in favour of the "mass order" idea and push the price lower although may not be too much. Am seriously considering a Mid floor 3+1 unit for own stay and rent out my existing HDB.

How do we go about doing? Can i contact my agent or yours and how may parties interested?

I drove past oasis on Sunday but it seems that the construction has not complete much compared to what I saw 3 months ago....Wonder if they will delay the TOP?

I almost bought Evania, even brought my chequebook down but of course the agent don't know. In the end i didn't because the leftover units are all not ideal like the reasons some of you gave even though the pricing is attractive. Another issue i had with Evania is that it's a small development at 35 units, which means more $$ for sinking fund etc and the main entrance to Evania is only via the mainroad. That road is very busy during peak hours and imagine if i want to go home if there is a jam!

Oasis Garden seems to be better. A lot of 'extra' things for the interior to maintain your attention, i think the developer also know that people will look outside the window and frown at the surroundings. If you're ok with the location and is for homestay, i think it's a gd buy. Different people prefer different things.

Smile Oasis Garden at Upper Paya Lebar

Actually, I notice that Oasis is tilted in such a way that it is facing the Tai Keng Garden. That is what I see from the outside, hence I would imagine if you look out of the window, you will see half industry building and mostly Tai Keng Garden and Lor Lew Lian houses.

Not sure if the rest agree. What I am foreseeing is that the Terrace houses in front might be bought over by developer to build another condo in front that will block Oasis ... may be too far into future I know....

For that to happen, a substantial cluster of owners have to agreed on selling.. Guess if a few owners chose not to sell, developers will have problems "building around" those exisitng houses..

For info, the original site of this new development was an enbloc low rise 4 storey condo that was also know as Oasis Gdn. It wasn't a collective sales of a cluster of private houses...

I was told to get in priciple approval from bank first on the loan amount before committment to any property. So ...shopping for bank loan now...
    For this, you can approach any banker to get a "pre-approval" based on your income and monthly commitments.. I got my pre-approval on a principal loan amount a few weeks ago..

Just to share some shopping trip....I went to see the woodville 28 ( 99 lease term) yesterday, the location is good as it is in central and next to mrt but along very noisy road...price wise is a bit higher compared to Oasis but lower than Kovan Residence.
    I've also seen Woodville 28.. Like the layout but was worried about the traffic noises even though the agent kept assuring us the serangoon underpass will make things better.. But the huge serangoon road is really too near for comfort.. Also, observe that there is a super big sub-station (belonging to SMRT) right next to blk 28...

Got an silly idea yesterday...if we are serious, we may want to join force to get bulk discount....just think only for now...
    Bro, that would need a lot of discussions, coordination and finally agreement between all the potential owners..

Yes, Bro...I then realised that timing might be a problem as well, we might not have the same timing on our decision to buy...ok silly enough

My banker called yesterday and told me that bank can match the price after 15% discount. I ask her to evaluate again if bank can match before 15% so that we can be sure that we are way below bank valuation.

Yes, Bro...I then realised that timing might be a problem as well, we might not have the same timing on our decision to buy...ok silly enough

My banker called yesterday and told me that bank can match the price after 15% discount. I ask her to evaluate again if bank can match before 15% so that we can be sure that we are way below bank valuation.

No lah bro.. It is defintely not a silly idea.. It is just the matching of time and space.. As long as you can gather a few potential buyers who are ready to commit.. Why not..

Actually, I notice that Oasis is tilted in such a way that it is facing the Tai Keng Garden. That is what I see from the outside, hence I would imagine if you look out of the window, you will see half industry building and mostly Tai Keng Garden and Lor Lew Lian houses.

Not sure if the rest agree. What I am foreseeing is that the Terrace houses in front might be bought over by developer to build another condo in front that will block Oasis ... may be too far into future I know....
    Bro, the terrace houses plots do not have a plot ratio as high as OG so even if they are bought enbloc by a developer, the new development will not block OG high floor units.

However, there is a long and skinny plot of land beside the main road near to the Upper Paya Lebar Rd and Bartley Rd junction which is zoned residential with a plot ratio same as OG. Therefore, there may be a tall condo there in the future if Govt decides to sell that piece of land. Notwithstanding that, the view from OG is still excellent as the plot is still a distance away

Thanks Earth Bro !

There is a factory building behind OG , that is where the show flat is at this moment. My agent told that in order to have 2 sides unblock, you need to be at 14th storey of OG.

I am going down to see the place again tomorrow. Hopefully can see more of new development at site. Agent still told me that TOP will still be Jun this year.

IS the Showroom still open? Update us again after your 2nd look..

Smile Oasis Garden at Upper Paya Lebar

Yes, Rocksteel Bro, the show flat is still opened but in the factory building, on 7 th storey.

I want to take a good look at the model again and verify those on the book. Can see the actual site from the show flat. .. will sure to update....

pls let me know if there are anything you want me to look out for you all?

Yes, Rocksteel Bro, the show flat is still opened but in the factory building, on 7 th storey.

I want to take a good look at the model again and verify those on the book. Can see the actual site from the show flat. .. will sure to update....

pls let me know if there are anything you want me to look out for you all?
    Can asked them what are the floors available for unit 02 and 03 if possible?

thanks

Default Oasis Garden at upper paya laber

Hello,

Some update ...

For stack 3, there are only 2 units left 14 flr and 16 flr. For stack 2, quite a number left. The best selling stack because no west sun. I notice this afternoon that the sun is at the back of OG, the rooms behind will get some slight west sun for the rest of the units except stack 3 because block by stack 2. This may be the case for end of year as you know the sun shift during the year.

I confirmed with the agent that 14 flr and above have the best view, can see the city as well.

I heard that work at the site is running at 24 hrs and they have finished the interior at about 6 storey. They are still rushing to meet Jun 09.

Quite a number of shoppers today at the show flat...

Anyone looking for 4 bed room units, pls share some info.

Are there any adjustment in the psf prices? Did you put in an offer?

Cool Oasis Garden at Upper Paya Lebar

Ha ha...not yet lah..no hurry , want to wait for another 1-2 months..cos I think the market will not move that fast..though I had spotted one unit that my family like...

Agree with you bro! Maybe can check again after the CNY and see if the price go further south.

That's when more bad news will surface and company going into layoff in full force.

My prediction is to wait until Q2 to see the full impact and hoefully the developer may want to clear more units moving into TOP.

Ha ha...not yet lah..no hurry , want to wait for another 1-2 months..cos I think the market will not move that fast..though I had spotted one unit that my family like...
    So I presume the last quoted prices are still valid.. Seemed that they are not willing to "officially" lower their quotes.

The unit you are "eyeing" is 14 and above?

above 14 are taken up already...so only 14 is the current highest , otherwise it would be lower floor....as Chinese saying, if this house belong to you, you would be lucky to buy it....

Default Wait lor

You wait lor, by than that unit could be gone man! Don't think only u are interested, me too.

Wah.. thanks for telling me...have you made an offer so far ? Like I say, if it is yours, God will let you get it... hmmm...may be will stay below 14 then, ..we might decide later, still procastinating lah..

Bro,

Wah.. thanks for telling me...have you made an offer so far ? Like I say, if it is yours, God will let you get it... hmmm...may be will stay below 14 then, ..we might decide later, still procastinating lah..

Bro, pls

Bro, pls let

Bro, pls let us know the price that you bought so that we can be updated of the latest offer before publish at URA.