Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678131823 ... LastLast

Thread: Oasis Garden at Upper Paya Lebar

Happy NIU Year to all the active bros/sis in this thread!! Cheers...

Hi all

Happy New Year to all. It's good to see some interest in oasis garden. I am a proud owner of one of the units there and really looking forward to its TOP.

Default Oasis Garden at Upper Paya Lebar

Hello,

Congratulation !!!!

Pls share with us why you like the property

bro, good for you.Can disclose the price and stack?

Quote Originally Posted by skleehoh
    Hello,

Congratulation !!!!

Pls share with us why you like the property
    Well, like some of you mentioned, I compared OG with Evania and also Acacias which are quite nearby to each other. Of course, I like OG's full facilities and also the unblocked view. I upgraded from a 5-room HDB with unblocked view so I have an affinity with that I think Evania is not as good as OG as it has a bad entrance along a busy road and is also a small development with not much to offer. Though psf is cheaper but think quality of life is not there. As for Acacias, it's completely sold out and no good subsale unit is in the market for consideration. Overall, the location of OG is perfect for me. With just minutes away, you can hit CTE, PIE and KPE. Maris Stella is also within the proximity range for my boy when he reaches primary one.

By the way, both my brothers and I got 3 units (stack 01,02,03) on the same floor at 700psf.

700psf is a good price . Did the developer gave a bulk discount for the 3 units purchase together?

now i have to convince some of my family members as they dislike the promity to factory before i commit...

Wow.. 700psf... Damn good price...

I just saw from the URA website that there are 3 caveats lodged in Jan 09 for 3 units at 700psf.. I believe they are what Bro cadencrh and his family bought.. I suppose the developer gave a damn good discount for bulk purchase..

Yup, its a deal negotiated in bulk. Individual units I don't think Dev will let go at that psf amount. But you can try though as don't think their sales are good Just tell them you saw caveats lodged at 700psf and see what they say...

The best 3 bedder stack 03 almost sold out, so got to be quick..

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteel
    700psf is a good price . Did the developer gave a bulk discount for the 3 units purchase together?

now i have to convince some of my family members as they dislike the promity to factory before i commit...
    Imo, near to factories is not too much of an issue so long as there's no heavy industrial activities which cause air and noise pollution. I surveyed the place and found it to be ok. Most of them which are just beside OG are used as showrooms, storage and offices. In fact, it's a plus point for me as I noticed that weekends are pretty quiet there with not much activities and hence, I can enjoy the peaceful environment during the weekends when I am home. Also, we got the stack 01,02 and 03 which is supposed to be the furthest away from the factories. Stack 07,08 and 09 will be the block nearest to the factory (think it's called Clearlab)

Quote Originally Posted by cadencrh
    Imo, near to factories is not too much of an issue so long as there's no heavy industrial activities which cause air and noise pollution. I surveyed the place and found it to be ok. Most of them which are just beside OG are used as showrooms, storage and offices. In fact, it's a plus point for me as I noticed that weekends are pretty quiet there with not much activities and hence, I can enjoy the peaceful environment during the weekends when I am home. Also, we got the stack 01,02 and 03 which is supposed to be the furthest away from the factories. Stack 07,08 and 09 will be the block nearest to the factory (think it's called Clearlab)
    Hi, sorry to disagree, Friday and Weekend there may not be as quiet as you think. The show rooms and warehouses do have "Sales" which attract a lot of locals and foreigners. I think the location of another project Evania better for those stacks facing away from main road.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    Hi, sorry to disagree, Friday and Weekend there may not be as quiet as you think. The show rooms and warehouses do have "Sales" which attract a lot of locals and foreigners. I think the location of another project Evania better for those stacks facing away from main road.
    If you observe carefully, there are not many furniture showrooms there. The nearest furniture showroom to OG is OM from Noble design, I don't think there will be any major clearance sales from them to attract such a big crowd. Even there is a sale, not many people can afford the furnitures there. Recently, there was a 30% clearance sale but the showroom was still empty on a Sunday.

The only place I feel that will attract a big crowd is Silver River if there is a sale but that's faraway from OG. The parking will not spill over to the vicinity of OG.

I think cadencrh got a very good deal at 700psf. Evania though cheaper but that's an apartment, so can't compare to OG

Default Oasis Garden at Upper Paya Lebar

Hey, I just got my in principle loan approval. The bank can match the selling price of OG and they say I can loan 80%. The banker say nowadays, there are alot of property that the bank cannot match the property price and the loan may be affected.

However, I am still not sure if I should wait till Q2, cos I heard alot about prices will drop badly in Q2. Hope by then, the unit that I want is still available.

hi Bros,

Went down to the showroom again onFriday. Was proposed an unit on stack 9 - 15-09 and looking at those pictures taken by the agent, it overlook the city area with Flyer and other buildings on sight.

Was quoted 850K for an area of 1033. 2+1

Still considering and the agent request me to submit a revised price to the developer if i am firm.

Any comments?

hi Bros,

Went down to the showroom again onFriday. Was proposed an unit on stack 9 - 15-09 and looking at those pictures taken by the agent, it overlook the city area with Flyer and other buildings on sight.

Was quoted 850K for an area of 1033. 2+1

Still considering and the agent request me to submit a revised price to the developer if i am firm.

Any comments?
    Wow, didn't know 09 stack can see the city and flyer That works out to be $822.85psf.. seems pretty high still, maybe you try something around or just below the $800psf benchmark? Then again, if you really like the unit for own stay with such a nice view, why not?

Default Oasis Garden @ Upper Paya Lebar

Bro, I am not sure how many children you have, you need to take closer look at the room size. It should be relatively smaller than the show flat since it is 2+1.

I took measurement on the brochure and they will give us some idea on the relative size. The show flat is 3+1 bedroom unit.

My feel is that the price that you are paying may be too high for a view of flyer.

Bro rocksteel, considering the price of 850psf may be abit high in this economic climate.. But then again, it is a super high flr unit to start with.. Perhaps another 8-10% off what was quoted would be a fairer price IMO..

Bro skleehoh, showflat is a 3 bedder with the exact layout of stack 03.. You brought up a good point in advising Bro Rocksteel on the room size if he is planning to "grow" his family tree.. A 2+1 may not be optimal for a family with more than one kid..

Thanks to all Bros for the advice.

YEs, It is for my own stay and my main objective is OG is within 1 KM of Maris Stella. My son will be enrol in 2010.
    I have 2 kids and I did consider the relatively small area of a 2 +1. But I have a limited budget and cannot go for 3 bedder. I will rent out my current 4 room HDB to get some rent to lessen the burden.

Anyway I will propose a bid with the developer at 750PSF and see how it goes. If not I will go for lower floor - 04-09.

Well, good luck you !!!

I studied tha floor plan again and may be you can tear down the wall of the study room and that would make the room 2 bigger. I think you should be comfortable before they turn teenage.

Bro thanks for the idea. Did thought about that too but would confirmed again after seeing the acutal unit.

Bro rocksteel,

I would not advise #04-09 as there would be limited view as the clear lab bulding would block a substantial part of it... Also, for #04-09... You may want to consider carefully paying $750psf for it..

My personal views...

thanks for the advise. Just got a call from agent and mentioned 11,14,15 floor are available.

thanks for the advise. Just got a call from agent and mentioned 11,14,15 floor are available.
    Try 750psf for 15 floor first, it dev rejects then go for 14 or 11...

A status of the construction as at today...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default expensive

Quote Originally Posted by cadencrh
    Try 750psf for 15 floor first, it dev rejects then go for 14 or 11...
    S$750 psf is still expensive in my opinion.

agredd bro. I believe the average price should be in the range of 680-700. But of course if i really like the unit, I dun mind paying more. Still eyeing on 15-09 and doing my sums now..

Hi Bros,

I got a news update from one agent, #06-09 just sold. I did not ask for the selling price. I thought may be is rocksteel bro...

Let see what is the selling price and this may be a good indicator to you on your #15-09.

Is there a revision in price? My agent never call me to update leh.. Saw their advertisment quite big on Sat ST.. But unlike the other advert where the main focus were on the price slashing..

Default Oasis Garden

Ya.. I agree.. not very prominent as well...

Quote Originally Posted by skleehoh
    Ya.. I agree.. not very prominent as well...
    They have not slashed price yet...still waiting...

What is the latest price for OG? Interested in getting a high floor unit.