Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 381314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Oasis Garden at Upper Paya Lebar

As usual, well said!!

Yup, couldn't agree more! Actually, there are several locations with similar conditions but somehow some people seem to have not noticed or forgotten. E.g. Rafflesia also near to light industries. Just some thoughts

Most of the older factory building will be gone soon. Take a walk around that area and you will see new office buildings under construction. A lot of companies are relocating their back offices outside Orchard and the CBD as rents are too high in those areas.

I've been doing business around the Paya Lebar area for the past 3+ years and I'm amazed at the area's transformation.

OG is a FH building located near 2 MRT stations. The CTE, PIE & KPE are just minutes away. The new STAMFORD AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL main campus will be build mere minutes away. We will be 1 MRT stop away from the new Serrangoon Mall.

I've been receiving brochure's from various suppliers. Has anyone else been receiving these?

Yup, got. Received a few already.

Brochures? For?

Brochures with Oasis Garden printed on it.... for window grille, door grille, tv console, curtains, blind, etc... all in 1 envelope attention to your name...

Quote Originally Posted by jtpy
    Brochures? For?

Default My Desktop Wall Paper...

Took the shot 2 weeks back on a sunny afternoon with my N97...
    And now its my Desktop Wall Paper...

Oh... Am I CRAZY.... Ah.... TOP TOP TOP TOP ...
    Attached Images Attached Images

haiz ....

等到劲项都长了

Quote Originally Posted by nadoey
    Brochures with Oasis Garden printed on it.... for window grille, door grille, tv console, curtains, blind, etc... all in 1 envelope attention to your name...
    Just curious, where you get the envelope from? They mail it to your current address??

Yes, they mail it my current address...
    Wonder who give them my address...

Quote Originally Posted by Hello
    Just curious, where you get the envelope from? They mail it to your current address??

Quote Originally Posted by nadoey
    Yes, they mail it my current address...
    Wonder who give them my address...
    You submitted your particulars when you bought yr unit.. Think that's how they got it.. No wonder I never recv it.. My address had changed..

Any bro/sis kind enough to scan a copy of the grilles & gates offers to post it here? I need to build grilles for my unit..

Any bro/sis kind enough to scan a copy of the grilles & gates offers to post it here? I need to build grilles for my unit..
    Yup, I didn't get brochures too cos of change in address.
    I second jtpy's suggestion if anyone can upload the scanned pics of grilles or anything helpful/useful
    I've very young children and a grille is a must although we are on super low floor. Just wondering, the designs on the brochure are the 'pre-approved' ones by the management?

Just back from OG...

Notice the lift lobby wall color change to yellow... thou previously was white.. or maybe I remember wrongly...
    Can see plants along the lift lobby block..
    Also notice that some work are on going at the main foyer...

Chat with the friendly Security hero, he say the developer not satisfy with the foyer ceiling color, so work need to be done there... And he also say block 51 will collect keys in mid Nov.. * as usual *

Just before I move off, saw another OG owner... have a short chat and he mentioned that someone did receive the key already... and some agents are bringing people into OG to see see look look but by appointment... Anyone want to clarify with your agent ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Told that OG owner who I met at OG about this forum.... hopefully he join us and update us with more news... as he say he work very near OG..

Let's hope Nov really got thing moving... TOP TOP TOP TOP...

Wow, the work at the foyer looks massive..

I'm kinda skeptical about the TOP date.. Even if that happens in mid-Nov, think my plan to celebrate Xmas in O.Gdn is almost down the drain.. This is based on my ID's input that they need 4 weeks to complete the reno job. Add another 2-4 weeks of inspection and rectification of defects from developer before the reno, the earliest move in date may be mid-Jan 10..

Wow, the work at the foyer looks massive..

I'm kinda skeptical about the TOP date.. Even if that happens in mid-Nov, think my plan to celebrate Xmas in O.Gdn is almost down the drain.. This is based on my ID's input that they need 4 weeks to complete the reno job. Add another 2-4 weeks of inspection and rectification of defects from developer before the reno, the earliest move in date may be mid-Jan 10..
    Oh no... definitely not good news if TOP date keeps on being pushed back.... thought we can celebrate New Year at OG

The project had TOP early last week (I heard). But the BCA website has not shown projects TOPped in Oct. http://www.bca.gov.sg/plan_enquiry/ProcessTop1.asp

The problem is developer is still not issuing letters!

There must be some problems why developer is not issuing the letters and this is indeed fustrating. I don't think the developer wants to change the foyer ceiling colour, probablty that is just an excuse to cover some problems on the foyer ceiling and that is why they need to change or repair it.

Developer won't want to spend extra $$ because they don't like the colour of the foyer ceiling. Went there during the weekends and saw one unit on the left hand side, the glass windows shattered. Now I have doubts if the windows installed are safe or not.

We brought someone who is a project director of another developer to OG site to see why it took so long for OG developer to issue out the letters and he told us that by looking this development, it should have TOP a few months back but it seems that they are still repairing the foyer and it could be due to some defects and problems.

Developer will normally tell the guard what to say to people like us when we ask them about what the workers are doing so that we will not get angry and call the developer up as they are trying to so called 'beautify the place more'.

Quote Originally Posted by edwinleeap
    The project had TOP early last week (I heard). But the BCA website has not shown projects TOPped in Oct. http://www.bca.gov.sg/plan_enquiry/ProcessTop1.asp

The problem is developer is still not issuing letters!
    Perhaps the BCA wesite only updates at end of each month? Think Oct 09 data not ready..

But then again, if they received TOP, they should be in a hurry to collect the 25% payment from us, which amounts to about 30+M in total!!!

There must be some problems why developer is not issuing the letters and this is indeed fustrating. I don't think the developer wants to change the foyer ceiling colour, probablty that is just an excuse to cover some problems on the foyer ceiling and that is why they need to change or repair it.

Developer won't want to spend extra $$ because they don't like the colour of the foyer ceiling. Went there during the weekends and saw one unit on the left hand side, the glass windows shattered. Now I have doubts if the windows installed are safe or not.

We brought someone who is a project director of another developer to OG site to see why it took so long for OG developer to issue out the letters and he told us that by looking this development, it should have TOP a few months back but it seems that they are still repairing the foyer and it could be due to some defects and problems.

Developer will normally tell the guard what to say to people like us when we ask them about what the workers are doing so that we will not get angry and call the developer up as they are trying to so called 'beautify the place more'.
    You may be right.. There might be defects internally that we can't tell from the exterior... Must really find a way to get into the units to see what exactly is happening man!!

The developer called us to mention that they already have TOP however they needed to get the final approval for the electrical wiring, which will happen sometime this week. They expect to release the keys by the middle of November.

Quote Originally Posted by Singapore_Rat
    The developer called us to mention that they already have TOP however they needed to get the final approval for the electrical wiring, which will happen sometime this week. They expect to release the keys by the middle of November.
    Oh, you received a call from KL already?!! So did you get the letter as well? Perhaps those with units in the first few stack have better chance of aiming at CNY celebration ...

Quote Originally Posted by cutematilda
    Oh, you received a call from KL already?!! So did you get the letter as well? Perhaps those with units in the first few stack have better chance of aiming at CNY celebration ...
    yes we received a call from the developer but no letter. I'm sure will get that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Singapore_Rat
    yes we received a call from the developer but no letter. I'm sure will get that soon.
    You're so the lucky, at least got a call from KL. Hope you managed to fish more out

Electrical wiring should have already been approved before TOP as they will need to test all the electrical points to make sure all are in working condition.

If I am not wrong, developer will need to turn on the lightings for weeks to make sure that the wiring are all in order and working fine before TOP.

But it may be a fact that we might be receiving the letter somewhere in mid Nov for the first block and then end Nov follow by early Dec or probably it will drag again? Hv to be prepared for another excuse or reason??

But it may be a fact that we might be receiving the letter somewhere in mid Nov for the first block and then end Nov follow by early Dec or probably it will drag again? Hv to be prepared for another excuse or reason??
    Think they are well capable of excuses rather than reasons..

Electrical wiring should have already been approved before TOP as they will need to test all the electrical points to make sure all are in working condition.

If I am not wrong, developer will need to turn on the lightings for weeks to make sure that the wiring are all in order and working fine before TOP.

First you need to test the electrical wiring and all electrical points and then you proceed with the inspection.

Wasn't that inspection conducted some time ago according to a forummer here?

Quote Originally Posted by cutematilda
    Wasn't that inspection conducted some time ago according to a forummer here?
    yes inspection was conducted by the BCA, which according to the developer was approved last week. The Final inspection is conducted by another govt organization, which checks all electrical wiring this would include all circuits and fuses.