Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE OCEANFRONT @ SENTOSA COVE

Default THE OCEANFRONT @ SENTOSA COVE

Project Name-THE OCEANFRONT @ SENTOSA COVE
    Developer-TC Development Pte Ltd(City Developments Limited / TID Pte Ltd)
    Property Type-Condominium
    Tenure - 99 Yrs From 10/08/2005
    Total Units - 264
    Completion Date - Est 30 Jun 2010
    District - 4

>>>> click here for more floor plans >>>>

For more details ,click here

THE OCEANFRONT @ SENTOSA COVE OCEAN DRIVE Condominium 1 2,476,500 1,905 1,300 Sep-08
    THE OCEANFRONT @ SENTOSA COVE OCEAN DRIVE Condominium 1 4,400,000 2,454 1,793 Sep-08
    THE OCEANFRONT @ SENTOSA COVE OCEAN DRIVE Condominium 1 2,091,690 1,647 1,270 Sep-08
    THE OCEANFRONT @ SENTOSA COVE OCEAN DRIVE Condominium 1 2,700,000 1,711 1,578 Sep-08
    THE OCEANFRONT @ SENTOSA COVE OCEAN DRIVE Condominium 1 3,926,400 2,045 1,920 Aug-08
    THE OCEANFRONT @ SENTOSA COVE OCEAN DRIVE Condominium 1 2,006,400 1,216 1,650 Jul-08
    THE OCEANFRONT @ SENTOSA COVE OCEAN DRIVE Condominium 1 2,841,600 1,776 1,600 Jun-08
    THE OCEANFRONT @ SENTOSA COVE OCEAN DRIVE Condominium 1 4,100,000 2,454 1,671 May-08
    THE OCEANFRONT @ SENTOSA COVE OCEAN DRIVE Condominium 1 2,857,370 1,711 1,670 May-08
    THE OCEANFRONT @ SENTOSA COVE OCEAN DRIVE Condominium 1 6,317,500 3,326 1,899 Apr-08
    THE OCEANFRONT @ SENTOSA COVE OCEAN DRIVE Condominium 1 7,200,000 2,982 2,415 Apr-08
    THE OCEANFRONT @ SENTOSA COVE OCEAN DRIVE Condominium 1 2,130,000 1,216 1,751 Feb-08
    THE OCEANFRONT @ SENTOSA COVE OCEAN DRIVE Condominium 1 2,128,000 1,216 1,750 Feb-08
    THE OCEANFRONT @ SENTOSA COVE OCEAN DRIVE Condominium 1 3,000,000 1,744 1,720 Feb-08

Sorry to say but this project is ****ed beyond understanding.

S$700-800 psf is the real value now ... Maintanence is crazy high over $1,000 per month for smaller units
    - remote location
    - lack of facilities apart from overpriced bullshit One 15 Marina
    - Morning and afternoon massive traffic jams
    - 40km/hour speed limit ( just imagine if you are driving a nice sport car and you have to stand still at 40kms/h or colleting speeding tickets everyday)
    - failure of previous projects ( Azzure, The coasts)
    - impossible to get tennats in
    - 95 years leasehold

The buyers already down by 20% who bought from developer , means lost their depoists, and TOP is looming in the horizon .. Banks asking for Top ups .. DPS will hurt .. ahhh, so many defaults .. hence price will collapse even further , and on top of that old granny said never touch that location the land belongs to Death and ghosts who were killed there some 100s of years ago and were mass graved right on that spot... you can not succsess on the bones of dead men ..

Jdog,
    Thanks for the reminder that Sentosa is called Paula Mati ..is it?
    But it's for those foreigners who do not know the history and who are not superstituous... Though I think it's the domain of the rich to buy at their comfort level pricing of >$1000psf.. for a 99yr leasehold... strange people..

Anyway, what you think of the stretch of Jalan Loyang...
    Is it also beach for the dead? ... I really loved that stretch..
    now eyeing the 999 or FH properties there..

Hi Focus, I think that stratch has a long term potential , nice place, a bit remote but if you can get at cheap price there psf then why not ??
    I am watching Central area will see if can get something closer to June-July as now no point buying , it's like catching a fallen knife ..

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dog
    Sorry to say but this project is ****ed beyond understanding.

S$700-800 psf is the real value now ... Maintanence is crazy high over $1,000 per month for smaller units
    - remote location
    - lack of facilities apart from overpriced bullshit One 15 Marina
    - Morning and afternoon massive traffic jams
    - 40km/hour speed limit ( just imagine if you are driving a nice sport car and you have to stand still at 40kms/h or colleting speeding tickets everyday)
    - failure of previous projects ( Azzure, The coasts)
    - impossible to get tennats in
    - 95 years leasehold

The buyers already down by 20% who bought from developer , means lost their depoists, and TOP is looming in the horizon .. Banks asking for Top ups .. DPS will hurt .. ahhh, so many defaults .. hence price will collapse even further , and on top of that old granny said never touch that location the land belongs to Death and ghosts who were killed there some 100s of years ago and were mass graved right on that spot... you can not succsess on the bones of dead men ..
    bro.. sentosa cove is reclaim land right?

Quote Originally Posted by code01
    bro.. sentosa cove is reclaim land right?
    yes it is, but the road leading up to the main gate of sentosa cove, esp next to the satellites is very very dirty.

my friend has a contract to do security for that area, together with cisco who does the satellites. the cisco guards don't even dare to do patrols there - they will always 'pretend' to log in and walkie 'all ok', but they are nowhere near that stretch of road. so bo pian, my friend's company was given the subcontract. luckily he has the liberty to use banglas and other foreign talent.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    yes it is, but the road leading up to the main gate of sentosa cove, esp next to the satellites is very very dirty.

my friend has a contract to do security for that area, together with cisco who does the satellites. the cisco guards don't even dare to do patrols there - they will always 'pretend' to log in and walkie 'all ok', but they are nowhere near that stretch of road. so bo pian, my friend's company was given the subcontract. luckily he has the liberty to use banglas and other foreign talent.
    oh no sometimes im ard that area at night...

Quote Originally Posted by code01
    oh no sometimes im ard that area at night...
    of course if you are doing unspeakable things with a SYT in the middle of the nite, i think pontianak also kena scared off by the sound of the car suspension

wah! got stories to share share?

Quote Originally Posted by august
    wah! got stories to share share?
    he didn't mention. but he said the drydock at carribean at night got some scary shit. his employee twang duty go there and fish, next day ask for reassignment or he resign.

imho, perhaps the 'dirtiest' new project is the peak @ balmeg hill. teen drowned to death at balmeg court pool where the peak's pool is, directly next to haw par villa dump where statues that 'cannot be disposed of' are left in the forest, and of course, right next to the halls of hell where tons and tons of chinese last time went to 'pray' to evil gods and, raise kwee kia, and other shit

he didn't mention. but he said the drydock at carribean at night got some scary shit. his employee twang duty go there and fish, next day ask for reassignment or he resign.

imho, perhaps the 'dirtiest' new project is the peak @ balmeg hill. teen drowned to death at balmeg court pool where the peak's pool is, directly next to haw par villa dump where statues that 'cannot be disposed of' are left in the forest, and of course, right next to the halls of hell where tons and tons of chinese last time went to 'pray' to evil gods and, raise kwee kia, and other shit
    hmm.. always felt pasir panjang that side feels a bit dunno how to describe.. like got this "pre-war" feeling

gFoo really does his research.. ..
    but I think this dirty thing is very important...
    I'm the very paranoid one..

Just watching the Jap version of "The Ring".. gave me umpteen nights where I always go home very early ...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    gFoo really does his research.. ..
    but I think this dirty thing is very important...
    I'm the very paranoid one..

Just watching the Jap version of "The Ring".. gave me umpteen nights where I always go home very early ...
    lolz...

Pet

Default balmeg

are you certain of the 'dirty' status ? or you joking ?

i am actually quite keen on balmeg project ...

haha, please lah, i stayed in caribbean for 2 years also never heard of any ghost. What kind of rumour is this.

Quote Originally Posted by hayata1972
    haha, please lah, i stayed in caribbean for 2 years also never heard of any ghost. What kind of rumour is this.
    ok tell ur what.. why dun we get ghost buster in n verify

Quote Originally Posted by hayata1972
    lol, not rumor, just a recount of a story by a friend at siglap prata shop. he probably had too much prata mai hum.

maybe the kwee is caste/race sensitive? or his bangla security guard had an agenda to twang somemore.

but cfm sign chop stories on sentosa and haw par being dirty is deeply rooted in history. and that teenage death in balmeg did happen - just google 'balmeg court'

touch 1190psf back in Feb liao ...

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Done Deals
    Paradise Island prices back to 2007 peak
    The Edge
    Monday, 7 Dec 2009

Interest in waterfront homes at Sentosa Cove seems to have returned in recent months, as the opening of Resorts World at Sentosa looms. Since the beginning of November, a total of 6 properties — 3 luxury condominiums and 3 landed homes — have changed hands in the resale market at $1,406 to $2,423 psf.

In the week of Nov 6 to 13, one of the 29 villas on Ho Bee Group’s Paradise Island — a double-storey unit on 8,105 sqft of land — was sold for $11.4 million, or $1,406 psf. The villas were completed in May and Ho Bee sold the last one for $22 million in August. Each villa has a private berth and all rooms have views of the waterways. The owner had purchased the villa in April 2007 for $9.18 million, or $1,133, hence reaping a 24% capital gain. In early November, a 7,029 sqft villa sold for $10.8 million, or $1,536 psf. The owner had lso purchased it at launch for $7.1 million ($1,010 psf) in April 2007 and saw the price appreciate 52% in the past 2˝ years.

When the villas at Paradise Island were launched, prices ranged from $1,047 to $1,208 psf, according to the URA Realis database of caveats. Since then, prices have climbed, reaching $1,500 psf two months ago, a level last seen in October 2007.

Meanwhile, a terraced house in the 99-year leasehold Ocean 8 enclave developed by IJM Properties Sdn Bhd, a unit of the Malaysian conglomerate IJM Corp Bhd, was sold for $6.4 million, or $2,423 psf, in a caveat dated Nov 13. The 2,637 sq ft house had changed hands twice before. The original owner purchased the property in October 2006 for $2.92 million ($1,109 psf), and flipped it in January 2007 for $3.5 million ($1,326 psf), enjoying an 20% gain.

The $2,423 psf is the highest psf price achieved at Ocean 8 to date. The last time a unit in the stretch of eight terraced homes changed hands above $2,000 psf was in May last year, when two units were sold for $5.5 million each — a 2,626 sq ft unit went for $2,097 psf, while a 2,691 sq ft unit was sold for $2,046 psf.

Just up the street along Ocean Drive is the 116- unit The Azure, a 99-year leasehold waterfront condo development by Frasers Centrepoint and completed last year. The property was launched in September 2005 at around $900 psf.

According to a Nov 10 caveat, a 1,701 sq ft apartment on the 3rd floor was sold for $2.9 million, or $1,705 psf. This is the second time this year the unit has changed hands. It was last sold in June for $2.43 million ($1,429). The original owner purchased the property in October 2005 for $1.77 million ($1,043 psf).

The Oceanfront @ Sentosa Cove

At the end of Ocean Drive is the 264-unit The Oceanfront @ Sentosa Cove, which is being developed jointly by TID Pte Ltd and City Developments Ltd and expected to be completed in 1Q2010. A 2-bedroom apartment on the 8th floor has changed hands 3 times since it was purchased in August 2006. The 1,711 sq ft unit was most recently sold for $3.1 million, or $1,811 psf. The seller appears to have made a quick flip as, according to URA Realis, the previous transaction was just this September for $3 million, or $1,753 psf. The initial owner purchased the unit at launch in 2006 for $2.28 million ($1,337 psf) and sold it in April 2007 for $3.25 million ($1,899 psf), a 42% price gain.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

CDL's advertisement video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqEsYd6vDCA&NR=1

heard there is a firesale for this project. is it true?

size : 1884sf
    facing : marina facing
    price : $1730psf

its even lower now. just under 1700psf can close. but i think its more like POCKETED marina facing to be exact. anyone can confirm that its stack 7 and not 14?

1884sq ft. either #06 or #07.

Quote Originally Posted by RE_Owner
    heard there is a firesale for this project. is it true?

size : 1884sf
    facing : marina facing
    price : $1730psf

in addition, i heard that 2 premium sea facing units have been taken back by developer as buyer has failed to secure financing. look out for sales by developer but won't come cheap.

among all the condos in sentosa..i prefer azure...wat u guys tink? which condo project best value buy now?

i think oceanfront, seems like there are some eager sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    among all the condos in sentosa..i prefer azure...wat u guys tink? which condo project best value buy now?

Why "firesale" in that area.. No rental demand?
    or is the sea getting too close for comfort?

But $1700psf for marina view sounds good ..

hantu.....

hantu.....
    Haha.. ya.. I'll add that to the possibility of why there is a firesale..keke

today's paper also reported Oceanfront is one of the property that go under auction sale.