Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456781318 ... LastLast

Thread: Meadows @ Pierce, former Green Meadows site (D26, Freehold, UOL)

Hopefully they will sell the tower block at a lower price.....

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Hopefully they will sell the tower block at a lower price.....
    wait long long.....hearsay tower block going for $1000psf......coz got THE VIEW THE VIEW.......

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    u can wait long long. these days developers are all blood suckers. i think better off buying old projects....
    Yah I will wait...in the meantime build up cash...in a few years time, price down cash up...hmmm ideal time to buy a condo....

nothing to lose by waiting....

Ever wonder why developers hurrily jump in to push their projects when the sentiment improves a little? Cause they dun see how the price can be sustained...

I may be wrong but I will take my chances....

Quote Originally Posted by KarenK
    wait long long.....hearsay tower block going for $1000psf......coz got THE VIEW THE VIEW.......
    yes..heard tower block going fr $1000 psf, the lower blocks going fr $850 psf

Checkout the $1000 psf view here.

http://meadows-pierce.com/new-projec...FdEvpAodbhuh-w

Quote Originally Posted by tick
    yes..heard tower block going fr $1000 psf, the lower blocks going fr $850 psf
    I will not pay for such a price in this area, It is too high now.

The price from developer is far too high, if it is $1000 psf, how much you think you can sell to the next buyer?

I can buy from the resale market at a better price.

If price so high confirm turn off potential buyers one... maybe they are spreading high priced rumors then when actual preview day sell at $850psf then people will think ... waaa very cheap very cheap then all rush to buy. Then actual launch sell at the real 1000psf....

Cool House in a Valley

Personally, I think the developers are trying to have their last burst of fire to catch all the buyers, before the worst performing months for property arrive (i.e. 2nd half of the year). For example, centro residence have brought forward their launch to next friday instead of end of the year.

For this development, all the units are sunken in a valley, which is bad for health (e.g. dust from the vehicles on the road and bad airflow as it is in a valley) and and fengshui (sunken in a valley). At 900 psf, may as well get calrose (average 700-800psf) which is on highground with better facilities (e.g. with a tennis court, half basketball court, bigger swimming pools), and better facing (i.e. N-S facing). Don't really understand why it was mentioned that the development comes with a 360-degree unobstructed views, when probably only the penthouse unit for the refurbished block could achieve that (the highest 5 storey units would probably be blocked by the trees/road in the surrounding).

Initial had though of getting a unit there, but decided to give it up due to the unjustified high price and numerous cons which exceed the pros. May as well look at other better developments.

Singapore will soon be the most expensive place to live in if this sort of crazy price continues and keenly supported by all the crazy buyers.

developers pegged their price based on the price they buy the land. if they get it cheap, they can afford to give better discounts to buyers. with land prices appreciating over the years do you think you can get a condo the price ur grandfather or parents paid for many years ago? it is simple logic. if you have more condos coming up in the future, these condos will be priced based on other new projects launched in that area. with lesser and lesser land available in years to come and fewer enbloc opportunities, the price can only go higher, not lower. for established suburban areas, you can forget about buying a condo at 4xxpsf now (some hdbs are already priced in that range) as even caspian in ulu CCK is already priced at close to 7xxpsf and Lakeshore in ulu ulu jurong west close to 900psf. there is nothing wrong with waiting, but many never catch the wave coz they wait too long.

Quote Originally Posted by kurby
    Yah I will wait...in the meantime build up cash...in a few years time, price down cash up...hmmm ideal time to buy a condo....

nothing to lose by waiting....

Ever wonder why developers hurrily jump in to push their projects when the sentiment improves a little? Cause they dun see how the price can be sustained...

I may be wrong but I will take my chances....

developers pegged their price based on the price they buy the land. if they get it cheap, they can afford to give better discounts to buyers. with land prices appreciating over the years do you think you can get a condo the price ur grandfather or parents paid for many years ago? it is simple logic. if you have more condos coming up in the future, these condos will be priced based on other new projects launched in that area. with lesser and lesser land available in years to come and fewer enbloc opportunities, the price can only go higher, not lower. for established suburban areas, you can forget about buying a condo at 4xxpsf now (some hdbs are already priced in that range) as even caspian in ulu CCK is already priced at close to 7xxpsf and Lakeshore in ulu ulu jurong west close to 900psf. there is nothing wrong with waiting, but many never catch the wave coz they wait too long.
    Caspian is NOT situated in CCk btw... its Jurong West... I think you mean MiCasa.

The simple question is demand and supply. Not so much of what price the developer bought their land.

At 900-1000psf, if there are no buyers at all...how long do you think the property developer will hold on to their unsold units at that same price?

I have no doubt land price will increase over years, it is a question of whether the curent price has run ahead of GDP/income growth...if it has then price will adjust downwards to match the income/gdp growth...if it didn't then I think Meadows@Peirce will be a sell out on the first day it launch!

Green Meadows Condo is located near Upper Thomson Road; near Old Upper Thomson Road; near Upper Thomson Road; 0.1 kilometre away from Tagore Avenue; 0.1 kilometre away from Iqbal Avenue.

I would expect UOL to price M@P at least at $900psf as even fortaine parry 999 project has done well in their sale with 780psf. Remember UOL is a hard nut to crack which believe they produce quality finishes and I do believe that they will not reduce M@P. Just sharing my 2 cents piece of advice..

Agreed...well said

they acquired the land @$400+ psf, and now after factor in construction cost, they wants to sell it @$900+ psf??

the growing affluence of the nation n rising cost of land wud certainly gv developers an indicatn how ptys r to be pxed. Hypothetically if The Sail was priced at 1k psf 20years ago in that same locatn, people wud deem it as madness to buy anythng within that range. Back then ppl were earning less than 1k a mth n even a hdb flat at 200k was unthinkable to many. Today, we see our ptys appreciate 10 fold n when we sell our old ptys to upgrade to a new cndo or pte pty, pxs differ significantly. 20yr ago, 30-yr mortgages were structured for ppl earning 1k to 2k a month but today's housing pxs for mass mkt cndos are basing on a much higher incme bracket n developers study that closely whch is reasn for the redesigng of a number of several proj to cater to low budget mickey mouse hme buyers.
    The simple question is demand and supply. Not so much of what price the developer bought their land.

At 900-1000psf, if there are no buyers at all...how long do you think the property developer will hold on to their unsold units at that same price?

I have no doubt land price will increase over years, it is a question of whether the curent price has run ahead of GDP/income growth...if it has then price will adjust downwards to match the income/gdp growth...if it didn't then I think Meadows@Peirce will be a sell out on the first day it launch!

i believe developers wud hv to pay sme development fee based on number of units they are going to cnstruct. If 400psf is developers cost of air space per unit, u factor in anther 300psf for building n developer earn 200psf per unit whch seems about right.
    Quote Originally Posted by tick
    they acquired the land @$400+ psf, and now after factor in construction cost, they wants to sell it @$900+ psf??

When prices peaked in 2008, many people said the same that price will just keep going up etc etc....but here we are 20% lower than 2008. The point is - is the current price a realistic and sustainable price?

I think not. The Mickey Mouse house syndrome is a very good case that price is not that affordable. Developer are downsizing the house to make it more affordable.

So the higher income that we are earning today can't buy a house that is the same size as that of our parent's house??

Soon, staying in old HDB is more luxury than private property... 5room flat 120m2....exec 145m2....vs private condo 2 bedroom 70m2, 3 bedroom 100m2.

you dont understand the term luxury, it is not about size. how do you compare a 5xxsft apartment in One Devonshire costing about 900k and a 1500sqft HDB flat in woodlands costing 4xxk?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Soon, staying in old HDB is more luxury than private property... 5room flat 120m2....exec 145m2....vs private condo 2 bedroom 70m2, 3 bedroom 100m2.

Hi Bro/Sis,

I wonder anyone here went for the sales presentation for the M@P yesterday at the Grassroot Club at Yio CHu Kang by the agents from KF and ERA?

What new that was not already in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by vinlow
    Hi Bro/Sis,

I wonder anyone here went for the sales presentation for the M@P yesterday at the Grassroot Club at Yio CHu Kang by the agents from KF and ERA?

What new that was not already in this thread?
    According to someone who was there, 50-60 cheques were collected in that 2 hour and potential buyers will only know the selling psf next week...something that cannot happen in this thread.

The design for most units is like very unconventional...bedrooms all over the place...very messy. But some units got private lifts...so i guess this is a more upmarket project.

The property mkt has been quite strange lately with people committing without seeing the showroom nor the selling price first. Possibility of bubble forming......

is 50-60 cheques considered an exceptional performance out of the 400+ units?

Is it common to see people booking before even knowing the confirmed launch price?

Or did they already have the pre-booking price?

What happens if the launch price is sky high and people decide to withdraw their booking? Can that be done?

I just find it crazy to place booking without even knowing whats the price?

They probably using the pre-booking response rate to decide how hot is the demand....before they disclose the launch price....my logical thoughts.

Is it common to see people booking before even knowing the confirmed launch price?

Or did they already have the pre-booking price?

What happens if the launch price is sky high and people decide to withdraw their booking? Can that be done?

I just find it crazy to place booking without even knowing whats the price?
    The pre-booking cheque is just an unsigned blank cheque to express ur interest to be first inline for the softlaunch. Only on actual day then u will know the unit and selling price, then can fill in the cheque with 5% of the selling price.

If last minute buyer think the launched price is too high, just take back the cheque lor (agent will ~!@#$%^ inside...)

Default VVIP Preview of MEADOWS @ Pierce on FRIDAY, 24th July by appt: Shareen 98515704

Dear all,

We are having a VVIP Preview of the Project on FRIDAY, 24th July. Please register for a viewing of the place or if you would require more details. Contact Shareen 98515704 if you are interested. The developer is open for appointments only for the first release of the project.

Here are some details of the place:
    VVIP PREVIEW! BOOK NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT!
    CONTACT ME SHAREEN LIM @ 98515704 TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT/BOOKING/Get Floor plans NOW! Cobroke welcome

- Minutes Drive to SLE and CTE
    - 360-degree unobstructed views with Lush Greenery & Serene Environment
    - Close proximity to highly prestigious schools such as. SAP School, CHIJ St Nicholas Girl's School, Catholic High Primary School, Anderson Primary School and Nanyang Polytechnic.
    - Amenties- Ang Mo Kio Community Library, Thomson Plaza, Varies of Food @ Food Central,Cafe and Resturants.
    - Walking distance to Lower Pierce Reservior Park.

FREEHOLD DEVELOPMENT

MEADOW @ PIERCE

TENURE: Freehold

DISTRICT: District 20

TYPE OF Units

1-Bedroom: 517 - 635 sqft

2-Bedroom: 915 - 1195 sqft

2-Bedroom + PES : 969 - 1238 sqft

3 Bedroom: 1184 - 1518 sqft

3 Bedroom + PES : 1356 -1776 sqft

4 Bedroom: 1625 - 2077 sqft

4 Bedroom + PES : 1981 - 2121 sqft