Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891419 ... LastLast

Thread: Meadows @ Pierce, former Green Meadows site (D26, Freehold, UOL)

Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    The pre-booking cheque is just an unsigned blank cheque to express ur interest to be first inline for the softlaunch. Only on actual day then u will know the unit and selling price, then can fill in the cheque with 5% of the selling price.

If last minute buyer think the launched price is too high, just take back the cheque lor (agent will ~!@#$%^ inside...)
    I see....but still dun understand what purpose does that unsigned cheque serve hahaha.....

Something like putting tissue paper pack on the table to reserve seats? haa haa...

Default meadow review

Check out this review on Meadows@pierce;

http://singaporepropertyreviews.blogspot.com/

Excellente review!
    thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by vinlow
    Check out this review on Meadows@pierce;

http://singaporepropertyreviews.blogspot.com/
    But i must say that the whole piece of land and teacher's estate are sunken in a valley. From the bus stop at Yio Chu Kang road, you can see everything. I think even if u stay on the 5th floor, yio chu kang road is higher than you....

I agreed that the land is sunker and this is what I think:

1st floor - see nothing outside.
    2nd floor see road surface
    3rd floor see tree trunk
    4th floor see branches
    5th floor see leaves and (maybe, maybe only) can see water.
    No way you get 360deg unobstructed view. Even in point block, the view is not 360deg.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    But i must say that the whole piece of land and teacher's estate are sunken in a valley. From the bus stop at Yio Chu Kang road, you can see everything. I think even if u stay on the 5th floor, yio chu kang road is higher than you....

Meadows @ Peirce - Initial Thoughts

The action has already started in preparation for the preview of UOL's new freehold launch, Meadows@Peirce at Upper Thomson. Agents are busy texting and mailing prospects with details of the property and we understand cheque collection has also begun. We were quite amazed to see a few agents standing along Upper Thomson Road on Sunday evening, waving at cars and collecting details of interested buyers! Will this be the next 8@Wooldleigh?

In terms of location, Meadows@Peirce occupies the erstwhile Green meadows condo. The location is quiet and tranquil, but for the noise from the traffic on Upper Thomson. Greenery surrounds the area and it is definitely an attraction. But does it warrant paying a premium? Over the weekend we saw the launch of Volari @ Balmoral at S$2000-2200psf - the reason - unblocked views of greenery on Goodwood Hill! We seriously urge buyers to consider if it makes sense to pay a hefty premium for greenery view. While it might give you a quiet surrounding, it doesnt give you the same tranquility as water does. So think twice.

Upper Thomson is quite far from the city and driving is probably the best way out from here - unless you dont mind sitting patiently in the buses that snake along the long Upper Thomson road. Nearest MRT is probably Yio Chu Kang which is about 2.5kms away. Traffic gets congested during peak hours especially as you near Lornie viaduct.

We are told that the developer might even test the market around S$900+psf. Does this place warrant this premium? We dont think so. This makes Tresalveo prices reasonable!. Check around for transacted prices of similar units nearby or even closer to city. The Calrose transacted prices are between S$700-800psf. Even prices nearer to McRitchie and Balestier have not reached this level yet for resale properties. Even The Arte started at S$880psf. Be sure before you commit on the psf price.

Given that the layout of site resembles number 8, there are bound to be odd corners in the different layouts. The developers have done their best to keep such odd shapes to a minimum. However be sure that you get rectangular units as much as possible.

The tower block is going to be a refurbished block. Each wing is now broken down into 1 three bedder and 1 single bedroom unit. Worth considering if you plan to get your parents to stay with you. This is much better than the dual key concept we saw at 8@Woodleigh. If you are picky that you dont want a refurbished tower, choose the newly built ones.

The units are laid out as thin strips along the 8 shaped layout. So units have one view into the facilities and the other one facing either the road or greenery depending on which side you choose. Avoid the units that face the road - at 70kph, the traffic is definitely noisy.

We would recommend pool facing units - they are 3 bedroom units but the unit sizes larger than usual thanks to planters and balcony! The layouts of most units have master bedroom on one side and other bedrooms on the other side of the apartment - check the layout before you sign the check (rather cheque!)

We have to see the showflats to understand the level of finish. 479 units in around 450,000 sqft plot is definitely reasonable. The aerial view of the site plan though gives a feel that the units may be very close to each other. While there is a dog running court, bird watching tower, tree house - we did not find any tennis courts in the site map.

We will update further after we get to see the show units during launch.

Quote Originally Posted by vinlow
    I agreed that the land is sunker and this is what I think:

1st floor - see nothing outside.
    2nd floor see road surface
    3rd floor see tree trunk
    4th floor see branches
    5th floor see leaves and (maybe, maybe only) can see water.
    No way you get 360deg unobstructed view. Even in point block, the view is not 360deg.
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/newhome/210
    I think the photos were taken at the top of the tower block, even at this 14th level, u are only just about the tree tops, how to see reservoir?

And they quote "full condo facilities"...hmmm where is the tennis court?

Mati liao, even at a out of place location is selling at $900psf

not bad leh... like one of the dun-noe what project on goodwood? also see green green and very expensive also....at least half price... must buy must buy... very exlcusive....lush lush greeneries!

at 900psf..a 3 bedroom of 1500sf will cost $1.35m...and that is gonna cost me a lifetime to repay...not to mention the interest cost as well...

How come double income also doesn't seems to be enuff to buy condo nowadays??

Classic UOL, in 2007 peak, insiders buy at 1500psf on their own preview day, the very next day VVIP preview sell to others at 1800 to 2100psf. Say what 2% discount, more like 20%. Maybe they are trying to do a re-run at Meadows: Insiders buy at 7xx to 8xxpsf on 23rd July, the very next day sell to VVIP preview at 9xx to 10xxpsf. Good luck to buyers.

July 7, 2007

DUCHESS RESIDENCES

Wee Cho Yaw, family buy units in UOL project

UNITED Overseas Land (UOL) chairman Wee Cho Yaw and his family have picked up six units in UOL's latest project, Duchess Residences, in Bukit Timah.

Mr Wee bought a third-floor, 1,485 sq ft apartment for $2.31 million, UOL said in a statement yesterday.

This works out to about $1,555 per sq ft (psf). UOL said earlier this week that prices for the development went up to $2,100 psf.

Two of Mr Wee's children also bagged units. Daughter Wei Ling paid $2.57 million for a 1,604 sq ft unit, while son Ee Cheong bought a 3,035 sq ft unit for $4.72 million. The in-laws of another son, Ee Chao, picked up a fourth unit of 1,604 sq ft for $2.59 million.

The other two units were taken by Mr Wee Cho Yaw's nephew, Mr Wee Boo Tee, and his sister-in-law, Madam Cheng Soh Chin.

Each bought a 1,485 sq ft unit. Mr Wee Boo Tee forked out $2.59 million for his unit, while Madam Cheng paid $2.46 million for hers.

Duchess Residences units were also bought by UOL director James Koh, as well as Madam Low Rowee, the wife of UOL's president and chief executive Gwee Lian Kheng. Mr Koh paid $2.37 million for a 1,485 sq ft unit, while Madam Low paid $4.59 million for a 2,971 sq ft unit.

Mr Koh, Madam Low and Mr Wee Cho Yaw all enjoyed a 2 per cent discount. The other buyers did not receive a discount.

FIONA CHAN

heard there is no tennis court? i find that a lot of developers omit tennis court these days though seems like many of us do like to have tennis courts. there is a dog running court though. i find that very very amusing

Quote Originally Posted by kurby
    And they quote "full condo facilities"...hmmm where is the tennis court?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

By just taking away the tennis court, they can save a lot on land (a tennis court takes up considerable space particularly for those project with small piece of land) and also save on costs (costs quite a lot to fit out a tennis court that follows proper specs).
    Dogs running court? I will avoid such properties because I hate dogs running around and poo-poo and pee-pee every where (especially when you met those inconsiderate residents leaving their dogs' poo-poo every where).

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    heard there is no tennis court? i find that a lot of developers omit tennis court these days though seems like many of us do like to have tennis courts. there is a dog running court though. i find that very very amusing

Something like putting tissue paper pack on the table to reserve seats? haa haa...
    yes...i like this.

I would rather have the tennis court than the tree houses that they have...and they have so many treehouses....

The novelty of the tree houses will die off and then the structure will be wasted...

agreed, such novelty items such as tree houses and dog running court...i still find the latter extremely amusing whenever i type those 3 words...

Quote Originally Posted by kurby
    I would rather have the tennis court than the tree houses that they have...and they have so many treehouses....

The novelty of the tree houses will die off and then the structure will be wasted...

that is very true but this is a more than 400,000sq ft site. so stingy. but their theme is nature lah, so tennis balls going pok pok pok disturbs the serenity maybe.

they give u dog running court liao mah so they hope residents will be considerate since even dogs have their own space. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    By just taking away the tennis court, they can save a lot on land (a tennis court takes up considerable space particularly for those project with small piece of land) and also save on costs (costs quite a lot to fit out a tennis court that follows proper specs).
    Dogs running court? I will avoid such properties because I hate dogs running around and poo-poo and pee-pee every where (especially when you met those inconsiderate residents leaving their dogs' poo-poo every where).

Just got info from agent that the lowest floor 1+1 stack 80 going for around 620k!

Just got info from agent that the lowest floor 1+1 stack 80 going for around 620k!
    OMG......it's 635sqft so works out to $976psf???? so it's true that the tower block has units at $1000psf!!!

1 bedroom 517 - 635 sqft, so if its the 517sq ft 2 bedder?????? 1200psf? don't think so lah, you guys have the site plan should know better in any case, i think the higher floor 1 bedders will indeed be above 1000psf.

Quote Originally Posted by KarenK
    OMG......it's 635sqft so works out to $976psf???? so it's true that the tower block has units at $1000psf!!!

Wow .. now D26 this kinda pricing liao ah .. tresalveo, centro ... & now this one

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    Wow .. now D26 this kinda pricing liao ah .. tresalveo, centro ... & now this one
    Aiya, they can ask for any price they want but can the people afford?

Those people who pay sure a high price will regret later as no buyer can afford to anything higher to buy from them n the future.

All they need to do is use their brain to think, now is really too high already.

Quote Originally Posted by Honesty
    Aiya, they can ask for any price they want but can the people afford?

Those people who pay sure a high price will regret later as no buyer can afford to anything higher to buy from them n the future.
    Well said indeed...which is why I said cost of the land and construction costs are the developers problem, not the buyer. So when the developer wants to sell high to make profit, dun be silly to take on this problem by buying high. Property is all about valuation, not costs.

1000psf for this???!!! WAHAHAHAHA!!!!

i must kow tow to any buyers for this project

Was quoted 987psf for the 'non-tower' 4th floor 3 room unit.

I think this project is way overpriced. Not worth buying.

any news on how well is the take up for this? this place is so far away i don't think i will go down to the showroom.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    any news on how well is the take up for this? this place is so far away i don't think i will go down to the showroom.
    they will have to reimburse my petrol or cab fare for me to go!