Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345671217 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gale (D17, Freehold, Tripartite Developers <Hong Leong>)

Thumbs up

Hi bro keep a look out at my webby for more information day by day! Will put them up once available!

Cheers!
    Pet

Quote Originally Posted by heutistmeintag
    E and F parks are launched when the market price was low then, how can compare with now?
    since market price is not low,as you said, then it is indeed exp.
    Are we taught to buy low and sell high...IMHO

I have a place to stay so I am in no rush for 2nd ppty. I just do my $ accumulation and wait... for those who are in need of a place to stay, any price is a right price, as long as you like it.
    Last edited by marktkt22; 07-07-09 at 22:01.

Quote Originally Posted by condo101
    marktkt22, you can't compare Edelweiss & Ferr park launch price with The Gale.
    A 3A HDB use to cost only $60k - $70k. Now? $200k - $3++k!

azeoprop, you will be saying the same thing few year later if you do not buy now.
    Maybe you will be said something like this: I still remember The Gale last time launch 1 bedroom unit only 5++k.....should have bought.

Take action now, be realistic. There are no more project going to be launch at the price that marktkt22 mentioned.

Don't, IF ONLY! or I SHOULD HAVE! again.

Sincerely
    condo101

To be frank, E was launched during dot com bubble/SARS. F was launched before the mkt rally. Both are quite recent, within say 6years but as you would put it, launched at low price .
    HDB 3rm at 60K was like perhap at least 10 years ago. Cannot really compare them.

Anyway, I am actually more keen to know : Among all the A to G project, which is better located , from a general perspective. They are either at mariam or Flora.If I remeber correctly, Ballota, G and Edelweiss are along mariam. The rest A,C,D F are along Flora.

Also, Not sure whether you notice, There an hugh empty piece of land opposite Ferr (at the current G showflat)....

Hi people

Went down to the Gale to have a look. dont ask me how. I have my network.

Anyway the project is really nice. A private corner allocated to spa related stuffs with facilites like hot spa. land shape abit funny (jagged at the bottom). highest floor 10th due to proximity to airport. Have a glass shelter pathway cutting btw the feature and lap pool leading to a clock tower. nice water features with clubhouse within 4 blocks.

definitely one of the nicest big projects i've seen! quiet and surreal. the stars are especially nice there. hahaha. Layout is ok. quite big for a 3br. plus about $650 psf for FH. hmmm.. imho worth a look.

can PM me if you need more info. don't want to spoil the thrill for you. But honestly if you drive and would like a quiet place to come back to. definitely worth a look.

But the usual observation, two way single lanes will jam. but understands there is plan to link up flora road to mariam drive so traffic will improve by TOP i hope.

If you know something abt coastal breeze pls go to the thread. i'm looking at this project now and definitely welcome your inputs. thanks in advance.

nay, got info that 2/3 bedder priced at 750psf and above....not going to see anymore coz for the price its too FAR!!!

sorry the price range is 710 ~ 740 psf

So how is the VVIP preview?

Heard by afternoon more than 100 sold.

waaa...so ulu yet so popular? What kind of price are they selling at? If very high price, might as well buy Ferreria Park TOP soon, can get immediate rental yield.

Quote Originally Posted by venus
    Heard by afternoon more than 100 sold.
    Heard from who?? If at this time still can sell 100 units within one day, then confirm Singaporean are very very rich. No wonder the govt need to consider property gain tax from speculator. Don't worry about the market up or down, JUST BUT IT!!! VERY BRAVE!!!!

nowsadays alot of agents talking in this forum, not much sincere contributions and feedbacks from here......

Went to hv a look in the afternoon, was very very crowded. The agent claimed 100 plus units sold. 30plus units were sold even b4 today's preview, i guessing should be bought by their staff, relatives, business associates, etc.

So I guess I no need to go for my appointment this Sunday liaoz, by that time nothing left for me to buy....

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    So I guess I no need to go for my appointment this Sunday liaoz, by that time nothing left for me to buy....
    Go tmr lor. I didnt even make any appointment. This agent followed me behind my car as i drove in, so scary.

correct me if i am wrong, but isn't A to G all within close proximity of Changi Prison? I have never been to the area before and am just looking at the street directory so i have no idea what the area is like and why it was once touted as the cheapest freehold area in singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    To be frank, E was launched during dot com bubble/SARS. F was launched before the mkt rally. Both are quite recent, within say 6years but as you would put it, launched at low price .
    HDB 3rm at 60K was like perhap at least 10 years ago. Cannot really compare them.

Anyway, I am actually more keen to know : Among all the A to G project, which is better located , from a general perspective. They are either at mariam or Flora.If I remeber correctly, Ballota, G and Edelweiss are along mariam. The rest A,C,D F are along Flora.

Also, Not sure whether you notice, There an hugh empty piece of land opposite Ferr (at the current G showflat)....

Walked in today without appt, showroom packed with lots of agents, bank staff and potential buyers. Price for 3+1 around 650 to 700psf (depending on stacks and floors). The 3+1 layout of the rooms (masterbed, study and rest of rooms) look good.

Agreed location is an issue, no nearby amenities (mall, food court, ...) within walking distance, though shuttle service provided for the first year.

It was reported on news today (also reported earlier om news few days ago), somehow it able to get into the news.

It is near the airport, anyone knows if it is noisy (especially during the night) ?

over half sold -165units over these few days- my gosh. $700psf for loyang?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemenceLY
    Walked in today without appt, showroom packed with lots of agents, bank staff and potential buyers. Price for 3+1 around 650 to 700psf (depending on stacks and floors). The 3+1 layout of the rooms (masterbed, study and rest of rooms) look good.

Agreed location is an issue, no nearby amenities (mall, food court, ...) within walking distance, though shuttle service provided for the first year.

It was reported on news today (also reported earlier om news few days ago), somehow it able to get into the news.

It is near the airport, anyone knows if it is noisy (especially during the night) ?

Civil aircraft noise is not a problem. But there are now fighter jets stationed in changi, i dun know whther they have been causing any noise problems.

The bigger negative of this area is the need to travel to tampines or pasir for amenities. taking shuttle is a turn-off to me.

why didn't hong leong, the biggest landlord here, build a cluster of amnenites to enhance the convenience of the area?

I went to this development an hour ago. Saw big crowd, spoke to ERA agent and found show house look nice. Many units sold within the last 2 days, left the more expensive units like 700+ psf. People look see look see alot. Most cars at the carpark have HDB labels, likely upgraders more.

Just came back from the showroom, very crowded indeed. Was thinking of picking up a 1 bedroom unit for my own stay, but the last one sold out this morning. The price range for 1 bedroom units is from 490k to 550k all at 689sqft. The fittings and flooring is quite upmarket for a mass market condo, but still seems quite expensive for loyang. Maybe its better to wait for the property heat to cool down first.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Just came back from the showroom, very crowded indeed. Was thinking of picking up a 1 bedroom unit for my own stay, but the last one sold out this morning. The price range for 1 bedroom units is from 490k to 550k all at 689sqft. The fittings and flooring is quite upmarket for a mass market condo, but still seems quite expensive for loyang. Maybe its better to wait for the property heat to cool down first.
    This is really hype! This place is really ulu. No amenities nearby, no MRT in the vicinity, no shops,............... Unless you want a trully 'exclusive' place, .................... no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspinner
    This is really hype! This place is really ulu. No amenities nearby, no MRT in the vicinity, no shops,............... Unless you want a trully 'exclusive' place, .................... no thanks.
    To be honest, I really don't understand why people rush to buy in this vicinity at sure a high price.

At loyang there are so many developments from A to F already and now G. So many units there, how to sell or rent high the next time, so many competition. And I think Gale is the most expensive one.

This rich people really got nothing better to do...

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspinner
    the same could be said for those freehold condos in grange rd, tanglin, napier, bukit timah and holland (those far from the main road). but those cost a bomb.

Default mindless herd instinct

really seem to me it a mindlesss herd instinct to buy at such a price, for such remote location with no amenties or any future in sight.
    Except hong leong with continue to launch H , I, K projt for more "herd" to snap up...good reference with be ferr and edelweiss, and G should just be slightly higher ...not to that extent

700 psf is pretty high for a ulu location with no amenities. but again, i'm sure there is always a real reason for the hdb upgraders to buy there.

I've notice that most of the units do not have household shelters, what is the leagal requirement for household shelters in Singapore nowadays?

Think previously got some discussion at some other threads ... no longer a requirement in new projects (after dunno which year, maybe 07?) ... common shelter shld be availabe though ..

SINGAPORE: About 65 per cent or 215 units of The Gale condominium development in Loyang were sold at a preview that started last Friday.
    The units were sold at an average price of S$650 to S$700 per square foot.

July new home sales breaking record again?? GDP expected to contract only -4 to -6% this year. S&P500 rebounds strongly at support level at 875 ... people will rush to showflats again this weekend ... good for the developers

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    SINGAPORE: About 65 per cent or 215 units of The Gale condominium development in Loyang were sold at a preview that started last Friday.
    The units were sold at an average price of S$650 to S$700 per square foot.

July new home sales breaking record again?? GDP expected to contract only -4 to -6% this year. S&P500 rebounds strongly at support level at 875 ... people will rush to showflats again this weekend ... good for the developers
    ""Government has released information on how much supply is coming onto the market, the transacted prices and how many units have been sold on the deferred payment scheme.
    This gives buyers complete information, rather than to have reports of high prices alone, he said.

‘For example, there are about over 40,000 units coming onto the market in the next three or four years – I think people must know that.’""

HDB prices are stable....how about private property????? 40,000 units coming how to digest

Flip through a few websites to gather some info to share (please highlight if I missed out any major figures...)

Supply :
    HDB flats to offer this year : 8,000 (as announced by Mah in early July 2009, last year 7,800)
    The rest to be covered by private housing...

Demand :
    Annual marriages : > 20,000 (23,966 in 2007) => assume 80% of them eventually need a new house, the demand from this group is 16,000. Note that while some in this group will buy from re-sale, the seller of the re-sale unit would need to get a new unit.

New Immigrants : est 50,000 (34,800 new PRs for first 6 months in 2008) => assume 20% (worst case min) need housing as some may share or come as a family, the demand from this group is about 10,000. Again this group may buy from resale but the overall demand for new units remain.

Hence the total demand yearly est is 26,000 (did not consider the details on some families leaving S'pore, upcoming en-bloc, ...)

Overall :
    Housing shortfall = 18,000 (26,000 - 8,000)
    Previous record condo sold is about 12,000 units and this year sold fuigures could be close to the record figure. This still leaves about 6,000 units short fall (or room for error in my estimation)...

I believe the gov plays an important role on the housing prices. It used to build more than 20,000 units yearly in the 1990s but it has reduced significantly when there was a reported huge number of unsold units in early 2000s. It has cleared most by now but new building units remains relatively low. At this rate, the private housing could sustain building >10,000 units per year.