Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891419 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gale (D17, Freehold, Tripartite Developers <Hong Leong>)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    too late liao, 90% sold already...your comments came too late or your agenda is also to help cdl clear units hahaha
    I wonder if those buyers actually studied the overall layout & realised the closeness of those units (back-to-back) ...

I cant remember The Gale's orientation le. I wonder there is any units which is prison facing? Can see the prisoners play basketball or can see the morning parade where they have to strip for the wardens to inspect at parade square? I tink Changi Prison has high walls is to prevent the A-F condos and the Gale from peeping into their activities right? Haha... sorry, im too over this time...

Quote Originally Posted by 990113d03
    I cant remember The Gale's orientation le. I wonder there is any units which is prison facing? Can see the prisoners play basketball or can see the morning parade where they have to strip for the wardens to inspect at parade square? I tink Changi Prison has high walls is to prevent the A-F condos and the Gale from peeping into their activities right? Haha... sorry, im too over this time...

i think most Gale buyers are china chinese or HK , Taiwan chinese or chinese Educated chinese ..... confused ?

becos according to Sun Zi Pin Fa ( sorry if i spell sala) ...the most dangerous place is the safest place

LOL ..... so sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i think most Gale buyers are china chinese or HK , Taiwan chinese or chinese Educated chinese ..... confused ?

becos according to Sun Zi Pin Fa ( sorry if i spell sala) ...the most dangerous place is the safest place

Maybe those pp who bought ever considerd this lah i.e. if do cooking, then can share the smell with ur good neighbours lor ..

I ask the agent who attended me at the Gale what if a prisoner escape or there is a prison breakout, wouldnt it be dangerous to the residents of the Gale and the A-F condos, he was stunned for a moment then sheepishly say that the prison wardens would conduct area search around the A-F condos and the Gale and the prisoners will not be able to hide in any of the condos easily. I laughed at his answer. Remember MSK... he crippled leg also can escape...

One man's meat is another man's poison.

With 300 investors in so short a time, somethng must be right about the gale... Think must be the top seller for the month of July. Maybe its got the x-factor : the G-spot.

Quote Originally Posted by greenhorn
    One man's meat is another man's poison.

With 300 investors in so short a time, somethng must be right about the gale... Think must be the top seller for the month of July. Maybe its got the x-factor : the G-spot.
    Check out Ris Grandeur (freehold), its location, its price against Livia (99LH)

can also be local chinese mah...added security good wat...not as easy to breakout as that whitley place.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

walls are high with barbed wires, unlike the whitley place.

I ask the agent who attended me at the Gale what if a prisoner escape or there is a prison breakout, wouldnt it be dangerous to the residents of the Gale and the A-F condos, he was stunned for a moment then sheepishly say that the prison wardens would conduct area search around the A-F condos and the Gale and the prisoners will not be able to hide in any of the condos easily. I laughed at his answer. Remember MSK... he crippled leg also can escape...

wah, you really HKG movie director. the prison there is maximum security until cannot escape lah. I would only say those living at ballota is more at risk, since theirs is just next to it.

Singapore Prison Service (SPS) provide staff quarters at very low rates for their prison wardens not for no reason... there must be clear n present danger of prison breakout. There was once someone posted in the forum of straits times regarding using public monies to build staff quarters for prison wardens and questioned whether it is justifiable. Fyi, the staff quarters in the the new Changi Prison is like a condo with facilities like swimming pool, gym, free carpark lots etc. And it is known that a lot of prison wardens has double income by buying HDB or condos and rent out while staying in the staff quarters. SPS replied that there is clear and present danger of prison breakout that y it is justified to provide staff quarters for prison wardens so as to activate them in the short possible time in event of a breakout.

With all these talks of proximity to Changi prison, the price of Gale for remaining 10% unsold units will fall ? I don't think so. Other than the famous Mas S. escape, not aware there are other escapees, especially in Changi Prison... More heads will roll if another escapee made the news !

I went to see about 2 weeks ago, the units are N-S direction (suppose to be good for Fengshui direction), not facing the prison which is towards the east direction, anyway B condo would have block the view too.

To be fair to Gale, compared this FH to those similar price LH 99years or even much more expensive LH in the east area, I believe the Gale do has its value (for the 90% owners).

Another way of looking at it is Ballota is the safest condo in Singapore since got 24hr armed guards keeping watch.

Quote Originally Posted by shespawn
    wah, you really HKG movie director. the prison there is maximum security until cannot escape lah. I would only say those living at ballota is more at risk, since theirs is just next to it.

Singapore Prison Service (SPS) provide staff quarters at very low rates for their prison wardens not for no reason... there must be clear n present danger of prison breakout. There was once someone posted in the forum of straits times regarding using public monies to build staff quarters for prison wardens and questioned whether it is justifiable. Fyi, the staff quarters in the the new Changi Prison is like a condo with facilities like swimming pool, gym, free carpark lots etc. And it is known that a lot of prison wardens has double income by buying HDB or condos and rent out while staying in the staff quarters. SPS replied that there is clear and present danger of prison breakout that y it is justified to provide staff quarters for prison wardens so as to activate them in the short possible time in event of a breakout.
    you are wrong, there's no condo facilities like swimming pool or gym at the quarters.

Shespwan, fyi, confirm there is gym n pool at the quarters. I have friends who are senior officers in changi prison. The quarters are very 'hot'. A lot of senior officers wan to stay in quarters and buy condo outside to rent. Double income, thats y prison officers are rich!

Quote Originally Posted by Wynners
    Shespwan, fyi, confirm there is gym n pool at the quarters. I have friends who are senior officers in changi prison. The quarters are very 'hot'. A lot of senior officers wan to stay in quarters and buy condo outside to rent. Double income, thats y prison officers are rich!
    Is it? i attended friend's birthday party there, and they don't have a pool. just a function room and small minimart there. but staying there has certain restrictions and i wouldn't want to see my colleagues everyday.

Spore Prison Service(SPS) actually got a few staff quarters in Singapore. The new changi complex has the newest staff quarters which has condo like facilities. Read below for complaint from public on cutting waste of public monies.

http://app.mof.gov.sg/cutwaste/sugge...w.asp?id=22675

Quote Originally Posted by Wynners
    Spore Prison Service(SPS) actually got a few staff quarters in Singapore. The new changi complex has the newest staff quarters which has condo like facilities. Read below for complaint from public on cutting waste of public monies.

http://app.mof.gov.sg/cutwaste/sugge...w.asp?id=22675
    they never mention whether there is swimming pool leh. i know there's security guard post. im also curious to know.

Default Construction for The Gale

Building contract has been awarded and work is expected to start next month and to be completed by November 2012. Good news for all Gale owners.

This project looks very promising and should set a new benchmark for condos in D17/18. The Gale's prices are holding up well in both resale and primary market sales.

My prison friends told me got swimming pool and gym facilities, just like condo., free parking also at a very cheap nominal rate. Think the quarters very big, the pool n gym shld be hidding somewhere. Actually SPS can justify the gym n pool as they can say these facilities are for their officers to train up physical fitness, then the public complain also lan lan.

any more 2 bedrooms including ground floor units left?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    any more 2 bedrooms including ground floor units left?
    Wah! Shopping for your 3rd properties?
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by URA
    Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of September 2009

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    The Gale ......... OCR ....... 298 ...................... 5 ...........................
    848 .............. 739 .............. 722
    Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of October 2009

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    The Gale ......... OCR ....... 300 ...................... 2 ...........................
    793 ............... 786 .............. 778
    Still have 29 units available.
    $848 psf remains its high.

Hong Leong's advertisement video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MgqtzIyTdQ

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of December 2009

The Gale ......... OCR ....... 301 ...................... 1 ...........................
    792 ............... 792 ............. 792
    Can't break September's new high of $848 psf.

Default New site to be launched for tender on Flora Dr

URA to launch the tender for the Reserve List site
    at Upper Changi Road North / Flora Drive in two weeks' time.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/UppChang...Dr-main(T).htm

Going by recent bidding trends by developers, this site should attract good bids. Also, since it was triggered from reserve list, must have some level of demand for it.

Owners of The Gale and all A-F projects there, look set for a good harvest from your investments in due time...

Quote Originally Posted by greenhorn
    URA to launch the tender for the Reserve List site
    at Upper Changi Road North / Flora Drive in two weeks' time.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/UppChang...Dr-main(T).htm

Going by recent bidding trends by developers, this site should attract good bids. Also, since it was triggered from reserve list, must have some level of demand for it.

Owners of The Gale and all A-F projects there, look set for a good harvest from your investments in due time...
    biggest gainer is Edelweiss owner, which is just beside.
    They got their unit at rather low cost 400-500psf few year back, and Ferraria, Gale is providing a good support price for thm. They are definitely laughing all the way to the bank...

Has the Gale's development started? Think the last time I visited the site, it was still a flat land...

foundation for the Gale has just been completed.. I've paid 10% in the progressive payments. Wondering when will the next payment be.