Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101520 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gale (D17, Freehold, Tripartite Developers <Hong Leong>)

Quote Originally Posted by sswh218
    foundation for the Gale has just been completed.. I've paid 10% in the progressive payments. Wondering when will the next payment be.
    Just paid my 10% too.

Smile SPS staff quarters!!

Quote Originally Posted by 990113d03
    Singapore Prison Service (SPS) provide staff quarters at very low rates for their prison wardens not for no reason... there must be clear n present danger of prison breakout. There was once someone posted in the forum of straits times regarding using public monies to build staff quarters for prison wardens and questioned whether it is justifiable. Fyi, the staff quarters in the the new Changi Prison is like a condo with facilities like swimming pool, gym, free carpark lots etc. And it is known that a lot of prison wardens has double income by buying HDB or condos and rent out while staying in the staff quarters. SPS replied that there is clear and present danger of prison breakout that y it is justified to provide staff quarters for prison wardens so as to activate them in the short possible time in event of a breakout.
    i wish to correct some misconceptions abt SPS staff quarters.. while it is indeed akin to a private devt.. there are no facilities.. no swim pool, no gym, no tennis court.. only a small function room, and some bbq pits..

also, reasons for building n occupying the staff quarters is for operational reasons like quick response in times of contingency..

lastly, there has been zero incident of escape from SPS facilities for like more than a decade.. i think

the latest incident of mas selamat is whitley detention centre under ISD..

hope the above clarify..

Quote Originally Posted by Wynners
    My prison friends told me got swimming pool and gym facilities, just like condo., free parking also at a very cheap nominal rate. Think the quarters very big, the pool n gym shld be hidding somewhere. Actually SPS can justify the gym n pool as they can say these facilities are for their officers to train up physical fitness, then the public complain also lan lan.
    haha.. let me assure u there is no swim pool n gym.. i think sps is very clear that staff quarters are not meant for 'enjoyment', just simple housing for staff who choose to stay there for operational purposes..

Default Re-location of room door in condo unit

We see a need to change the design a liitle bit; i.e. re-locate a room door in the condo unit. Who do we approach for a request to change the internal layout design of the condo? I thought it is better to raise the issue now (during the construction stage) than to wait till TOP when the features are already built and then do the "amendments". A waste of money and resources. Any idea who we can approach ? Whether there is any fees or charges to request for change of the positioning of a room door? There are no addition of removal of room door, just a matter of re-positioning it.

We see a need to change the design a liitle bit; i.e. re-locate a room door in the condo unit. Who do we approach for a request to change the internal layout design of the condo? I thought it is better to raise the issue now (during the construction stage) than to wait till TOP when the features are already built and then do the "amendments". A waste of money and resources. Any idea who we can approach ? Whether there is any fees or charges to request for change of the positioning of a room door? There are no addition of removal of room door, just a matter of re-positioning it.
    i dun tink developer will entertain u....especially a big sized project

imagine almost everyone wants to alter here and there...

For minor modifications,

(1) You can ask to write in to the developer via the lawyer.

(2) You can write in yourself to the developer and get a quote for the modification.

However, not sure if your request is considered minor...

Default Unit owners in this thread.

Wondering who have actually purchased units? From what I gather from the thread, I have list out below. It seem that the construction works is very slow as only foundation is completed since last July launch.

1. sswh218 stack?
    2. sgkingkong stack?
    3. moomooteo stack23

Received another letter from the lawyer's office that a further 10% payment is due. The last payment was only in Sep or Oct (jus 2 or 3 months ago) and within such a short period, another 10% payment is due. Has anyone gone to the site and check on the construction progress?

If this payment is done, 40% of the condo unit would be paid up. Given the TOP is scheduled 2014 and we are not even stepping into year 2011, isn't it too 'quick' for the payments?

Received another letter from the lawyer's office that a further 10% payment is due. The last payment was only in Sep or Oct (jus 2 or 3 months ago) and within such a short period, another 10% payment is due. Has anyone gone to the site and check on the construction progress?

If this payment is done, 40% of the condo unit would be paid up. Given the TOP is scheduled 2014 and we are not even stepping into year 2011, isn't it too 'quick' for the payments?
    i assume u bot low flr unit?

Went down yesterday. Saw that the walls already up to third storey for those bloacks facing Flora Rd. Think it is blk 62, 64 and 66. So if you have bought 2-3 storey at these blocks , not surprising that they will collect the 10% for completion of wall.

I should say completion of reinforced concrete framework is done up to 3 storey for most blocks instead of walls. Walls is misleading as the developer will collect the other 5%.

I believe the project will TOP in 2013,first quarter, as the construction is expected to be done by Nov 2012. The construction expected completion date is from the Lian Beng project information board at the end of Flora Rd.

Below is a schedule for the progressive payment

Completion of foundation work10%Completion of reinforced concrete framework of unit10%Completion of brick walls of unit5%Completion of roofing/ceiling of unit5%Completion of electrical wiring, internal plastering, plumbing and installation of door and window frames of unit 5%Completion of car park, roads and drains serving the housing project5%Notice of Vacant Possession25%On Completion Date15%

The developer will collect money as they progress for each block and storey. Collect money, sure fast hand fast leg meh. But don worry, these money will not go to developer directly but into a project account. Even the developer belly up, these money are still in the project account and must be used for the construction of the project.

Quote Originally Posted by sgkingkong
    Just paid my 10% too.
    This must be my long lost relative.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    This must be my long lost relative.
    from the time of the apes... cheers!

Default Picture of construction Progress

Picture taken by standing on Mariam Rd end.

Default Is the Down Town Line 2 near to the Gale?

I understand that the DTL2 will be contructed and ready by 2017. I think the closest MRT station is the one along Upper Changi Road. I might have read from somewhere that a MRT station is to be built at the present site of the Shell petrol station along Upper Changi Road. Anybody have any insider news (from LTA) to verify this is true?

Where is the nearest MRT station to Gale when the Downtown line opens in 2017?

sorry..it is DTL 3 (not DTL2).

Where exactly is the Upper Changi MRT station in DTL3 ?

The Upper Changi East MRT station is rather near to expo actually... suppose to cater for 4th University built nearby. I would say the nearest estate to it is simei. It is not near to changi prison that side.

http://www.lta.gov.sg/images/Alignment%20of%20DTL.pdf

In that part of DTL3, the 2 closest stations to The Gale seems to be Tampines East and Upper Changi.

There is an Expo station which is nearer Simei.

Hope this helps.

The upper changi east station is nearer to Simei estate than the expo station. The shell station is just besides the Tropicana condo. The Gale with the other alphabet condos will not be within walking distance to any of these DTL3 stations.

Based on the map, the nearest DTL3 station to The Gale should be Tampines East located at junction of Tampines Ave 7 and 9, near to Tampines JC. If wanna walk, think its possible but will take you some time to commute by foot. The Upp Changi station is too far off.

Quote Originally Posted by moomooteo
    Picture taken by standing on Mariam Rd end.
    Hey moomooteo, you were ex-FPC?

Alex, yes I am ex FPC. U got yourself a unit in Gale?

Alex, yes I am ex FPC. U got yourself a unit in Gale?
    hehe, I didnt. Wish I could afford another though.

I have just paid another 10%. The reinforced structures has being completed till the 4 storey for most blocks. This construction pace is on track for TOP in 1 quarter 2013. If we are lucky, we might be able to celebrate the New Year of 2013 in GALE.

I have just paid another 10%. The reinforced structures has being completed till the 4 storey for most blocks. This construction pace is on track for TOP in 1 quarter 2013. If we are lucky, we might be able to celebrate the New Year of 2013 in GALE.
    Nice... Let's Lou Hai at The Gale together in 2013...

2013... you guys must be joking... so far ahead?

I understand that gale has pneumatic operated rubbish chute. Wondering whether this is any good? There is 1 or 2 condos in Singapore already using this system. Any body out there knows or receive any feedback from the users whether this system is really good? It is a system that 'sucks' in rubbish to a central refuse. The advantage I see maybe there should be no ants or cockroaches as they would be sucked into the central refuse.

Are you sure the suction force is so great that ants and cockroaches can be sucked away? My impression of these insects is that they can grip really well. I have ants or bees clinging onto my wind screen despite driving at 60 km/hr.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Are you sure the suction force is so great that ants and cockroaches can be sucked away? My impression of these insects is that they can grip really well. I have ants or bees clinging onto my wind screen despite driving at 60 km/hr.
    hehe i agree too...but this system still got advantage and benefits ground flr lovers....only one central rubbish bin ctr....cannot imagine ground flr unit near bin ctr

i tink can use the water flushing system to flush bugs?

Even without the pneumatic system, as long as the whole condo got basement carpark, the ground floor units will not be affected. The rubbish chutes opening points will be at the basement levels. But the "Ba Wu" will fill out the whole carpark when rubbish is being cleared.

I have not seem this pneumatic system, but will think that it will be better than the traditional type, especially if you are on the lower floors. The rubbish falling down from the hiher floors will often hit your rubbish chutes, creating noise at night and a horrible sight when you open up the chutes.