Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345671217222732 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascentia Sky (D3, 99 years, Wing Tai / United Engineers)

Quote Originally Posted by august
    know someone who simply refused to sell cos the home is a retirement home for him... End up place kena enbloc, pocketed a bundle, but till today still kpkb and unhappy about the loss of his home... the irony hahaha
    This is a special case. He just want to retire there w/o the hassle of moving & getting himself familarize in the new place.

I've a few friend with many years investing in property. He shared with me some of his advises. The first one is actually very obvious but easily neglected. That is don't fall in love with your home. If you're too deeply in love with your house, you'll miss a good opportunity. The affection you have for the house can make you go blinded even when presented with a good offer in front of you. You get stuck there for many years and the same offer may never come again.

Don't stay in the same place for more than 5 years. There is a link between this and the first advise. If you buy a property at a good bargain, the chances is the value will rise in 4-5 yrs time. Sell at a profit & wait for the opportunity to invest in another property. Never never think that this is the best house you'll ever have. There's always an equivalent or better one out there.

Then where should you stay after selling the house? You need a backup property. Live in one & rent out the other one. When you sell one, move in to the property temperally. At some point you'll also need to sell this property.

It's something which is not easily executeable. The hassle of moving house every few years is not what everyone will enjoy. But my wife & I really like this idea. The exitment of waiting for key collection, revonation, buy new furnitures, etc make you busy & life suddenly becomes more interesting again.

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    It's something which is not easily executeable. The hassle of moving house every few years is not what everyone will enjoy. But my wife & I really like this idea. The exitment of waiting for key collection, revonation, buy new furnitures, etc make you busy & life suddenly becomes more interesting again.
    To make life more interesting is the reason why I look for property as well... 8)

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    This is a special case. He just want to retire there w/o the hassle of moving & getting himself familarize in the new place.

I've a few friend with many years investing in property. He shared with me some of his advises. The first one is actually very obvious but easily neglected. That is don't fall in love with your home. If you're too deeply in love with your house, you'll miss a good opportunity. The affection you have for the house can make you go blinded even when presented with a good offer in front of you. You get stuck there for many years and the same offer may never come again.

Don't stay in the same place for more than 5 years. There is a link between this and the first advise. If you buy a property at a good bargain, the chances is the value will rise in 4-5 yrs time. Sell at a profit & wait for the opportunity to invest in another property. Never never think that this is the best house you'll ever have. There's always an equivalent or better one out there.

Then where should you stay after selling the house? You need a backup property. Live in one & rent out the other one. When you sell one, move in to the property temperally. At some point you'll also need to sell this property.

Hi PN, totally agree with yr friend's simple but realistic and effective way of "playing" properties. In order to execute it, u must have at least 2 properties, be it 1 private, 1 HDB or 2 privates. U will then have the benefit of relocation almost immediately once the price is right for u to let it go. I am currently renting 1 out to service the 1 I am staying. Even though I bought at a high price, I am fortunate my tenants are paying my bank loan for the next 2 years. After that, I can decide whether to sell one of them or continue to rent 1 out to service the other loan.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.straitstimes.com/Invest/S...ry_344386.html

March 1, 2009

property

Property market starting to stir

Success of two new launches encourages a few developers to release their projects

By Joyce Teo, Property Correspondent

Over the weekend, 30 units of the 102-unit St Patrick's Residences in St Patrick's Road in the East were launched. The 646-unit Double Bay Residences in Simei should go on sale soon, with prices set at around $650 psf to $680 psf. -- PHOTO: TG DEVELOPMENT PHOTO: UOL GROUP

View more photos

Thanks to the mini-buzz created by two new successful launches - Caspian in Jurong and Alexis @ Alexandra - a few developers have decided to release their projects for sale.

It is an improvement, even if it is just a slight one, from the very sombre mood a month ago, when market watchers were expecting the lull in the market to continue.

Over the weekend, TG Development launched 30 units of the freehold, 102-unit St Patrick's Residences in St Patrick's Road in the East.

On average, prices start at around $675 per sq ft (psf) for a two-bedroom unit and rise to about $900 psf for a four-bedroom penthouse.

Unit sizes range from 1,152 sq ft for the two-bedroom units to 3,423sqft for the four-bedroom penthouses. Some three-bedroom units can cost just under $1 million.

The interest absorption scheme, which allows buyers - if they take a loan from the start - to defer making any payments beyond the initial down payment until the project is completed, is offered at a 3 per cent premium.

Marketing agent Savills said the condominium offers quality furnishings and fittings usually associated with prime projects, and that a few units have been sold since the preview a week ago.

Near Upper Bukit Timah, Hiap Hoe has launched The Beverly, its 118-unit condo in Toh Tuck Road.

Each unit is served by a private lift. Prices start at $648 psf; the average price is $750 psf. This means that the total price per unit should start from just below $1 million.

Unit sizes range from 1,120 sq ft for the two-bedders to 4,187 sq ft for the four-bedders. There are also double-storey penthouses from 2,099 sq ft to 3,757 sq ft. Hiap Hoe is not offering the interest absorption scheme.

Other projects expected this month include Double Bay Residences in Simei, The Arte in Thomson, Domus in Irrawaddy Road and an 18-storey project in River Valley.

These are in the mass- to mid-market categories that, unlike the high-end segment, are still attracting buyers.

New home sales in January had plunged to a new low as developers and buyers kept to the sidelines.

The two new projects that sold very well about two to three weeks ago - Caspian and Alexis - helped revive the market mood to a certain extent.

The Caspian showflat was packed during the preview, when 300 out of 712 units were sold at average prices starting from $580 psf. So far, more than 500 units have been sold.

The 293 Alexis units were all sold at $950 psf to $1,250 psf, but the absolute prices were reasonable, given that most units are small.

At a results briefing last Thursday, City Developments' Kwek Leng Joo cited the good take-up at the two projects as proof that there is still demand.

'The good response to recent launches is true,' he said.

Still, the stock market and buying sentiment remain weak.

Ms Phylicia Ang, director of Savills Residential, said: 'The affordability threshold is key at this point. In the current market, it is important to price projects at an attractive level to attract buyers.'

The UOL group should start selling the 646-unit Double Bay Residences near the Simei MRT station soon. It declined to give pricing details of the 99-year leasehold condo until the launch, but there is talk that prices will be around $650 psf to $680 psf.

The one-bedders start at 538 sq ft, the two-bedroom units from 915sq ft, while the big units can go up to 3,703 sq ft.

Along Thomson Road, The Arte is expected to be released for preview sale by the middle of the month.

Property agents have advertised the preview of the 336-unit, freehold condo at prices starting at more than $950 psf.

About half of the project, or 164 units, are three-bedroom units from 1,399 sq ft to 1,625 sq ft. Another 100 units are 1,873 sq ft four-bedders.

There are also advertisements for the preview of the 18-storey, 67-unit project in River Valley, which offers the interest absorption scheme. It has mostly small units - 32 are 635 sq ft apartments and 30 are 1,044 sq ft units.

A Chinese developer, Lakeview Developments, may also push out its 104-unit Domus this month.

High-end launches will likely be few and far between this year, as current demand is coming only from owner-occupiers or very small investors, according to a developer.

There should be more mass- to mid-market projects coming up in the next few months. These could include projects like the 99-year leasehold Ascentia Sky next to the Redhill MRT station. It offers two- to four-bedroom units from approximately 1,000 sq ft to 1,800 sq ft.

[email protected]

Anyone knows why are they removing all the furnitures and fittings from the Ascentia Sky showflat?

Wow that's odd. Can't be they sold out right? Why build showflat then tear it down again without using it?

imagine when they launch A. Sky at 1200 psf !!!!!!!!!

Ascentia Sky at 1200psf? I would rather buy Valley Park at 700 psf (if what you said was true) and use the change to buy a studio at UE square.

Quote Originally Posted by propertyguru
    Anyone have any idea what will be the indicative pricing for this project? Location is excellent. Bigger plot of land than neighbouring Metropolitan, away from MRT noise but still near enough (2 minutes walk). Orchard facing side has unblocked views though Harbourfront side is blocked I believe (partly by Metropolitan). Con is obviously the 99 yr leasehold.

If I am not wrong, the land was acquired in 2007 at a very high price. Reports at that time indicated > 750psf to break even. The pricing of this project will be rather interesting.
    compare to this one, Thought tanlin view is better... it is good to close to mrt, but not that close... very noisy... either face to mrt otherwise face to mainroad... tanlin view's site area is 3-4 times bigger than ascentia and metro....lifestyle is different...and the maintainance is still good for tanlin view. suggest to see tanlin view since all the three projects are so close Just call me if u want to see tanlin view.. 8428 1056

Quote Originally Posted by jessicasun
    compare to this one, Thought tanlin view is better... it is good to close to mrt, but not that close... very noisy... either face to mrt otherwise face to mainroad... tanlin view's site area is 3-4 times bigger than ascentia and metro....lifestyle is different...and the maintainance is still good for tanlin view. suggest to see tanlin view since all the three projects are so close Just call me if u want to see tanlin view.. 8428 1056
    The feel of Tanglin view seems a bit dated and is only close to MRT and not near...

Quote Originally Posted by vin002
    The feel of Tanglin view seems a bit dated and is only close to MRT and not near...
    for buying to stay ... a traffic light more to the MRT (compared to Metropolitan) ... But facing Good class bungalow ... yet cheaper ...

i feel it is worth it ...

Quote Originally Posted by orange
    Ascentia Sky at 1200psf? I would rather buy Valley Park at 700 psf (if what you said was true) and use the change to buy a studio at UE square.

U show me there is a VPark being offered at 700psf
    I buy u sharks fin

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    for buying to stay ... a traffic light more to the MRT (compared to Metropolitan) ... But facing Good class bungalow ... yet cheaper ...

i feel it is worth it ...
    agree, too near to mrt is not ideal

Quote Originally Posted by NoodyGirl
    U show me there is a VPark being offered at 700psf
    I buy u sharks fin
    ascentia 1200 psf ?? no way ..

metro is already crazy at 850 psf ... considering all 99 yr lease ...

i would go for the older tanglin view and regency anytime ...

and yes valley park ...though older ...can get 800-850 psf ....

Metro 850? Bro, agents been calling me with 950psf offer already.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Metro 850? Bro, agents been calling me with 950psf offer already.
    that makes Tanglin regency / park even more attractive ...

I think Valley Park guys would now fish for 1000 psf but Im sure everyone is smart enuf not to pay this price
    as the stock market would collapse in June and then what
    we go back to 900 psf which I think is better priced
    anyone who says Metro selling at 950 psf...just go buy the newspapers
    more than ample evidence of a lot of units still offered at the 800s

One must be smart enuf to know if u overpay for Metro
    in the end u suffer
    cos of the divergence in prices left rite center
    next time u sell people will use the lower benchmark

I think Valley Park guys would now fish for 1000 psf but Im sure everyone is smart enuf not to pay this price
    as the stock market would collapse in June and then what
    we go back to 900 psf which I think is better priced
    anyone who says Metro selling at 950 psf...just go buy the newspapers
    more than ample evidence of a lot of units still offered at the 800s

in the end u suffer
    Actually the timing to sell play a very impt role... Therefore, whether you bought the property at 800psf, 900psf or 1000psf, you can still always sell at a profit. It is just a matter of how much and when to sell. Whether it is your choice or forced by circumstances.

I doubt very much on the collapse of stock market in June although I do agree that it should not be recover so fast. However, no one can truely tell how the markets work. But at 2,200 level, the most it will go down to 1,400 level. Similarly, there is a potential that it will go to 3,600 level.

In Stock market, it is always not so preditable especially to rationale. People says not the lowest yet, don't buy, the market goes up and more people buy and the price goes up further.
    People says not the highest yet, don't sell, the market goes down and more people sell and the price goes down further. No one can truely predict the high and low point of price as demand and supply is very subjective.

Try using that to property. As long as the price is reasonable and you are getting a good deal (may not be the best deal) go for it. Opportunity don't strike twice in property unlike stock market.

Try using that to property. As long as the price is reasonable and you are getting a good deal (may not be the best deal) go for it. Opportunity don't strike twice in property unlike stock market.
    I like this sentence. You might not get the unit you wanted.

in the end u suffer
    But Metro is not the most expensive in that area??? I think the most expensive in that area is AS and I believe that the launch price will be around $1K psf.

But Metro is not the most expensive in that area??? I think the most expensive in that area is AS and I believe that the launch price will be around $1K psf.
    But to launch at 1000psf and who will buy? Will thy cut cost like Whafe and market it at 900psf?

This is 99yr just like the beacon, so might as well go for the beacon at 8xxpsf. do you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    But to launch at 1000psf and who will buy? Will thy cut cost like Whafe and market it at 900psf?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    This is 99yr just like the beacon, so might as well go for the beacon at 8xxpsf. do you agree?
    morning lim kopi with kakis they told me might be launch below 1000psf. If they launch 900psf then die leh. Better let go my unit go for better buy. Yup, beacon at 8xxpsf is much better in team of location. rental dun think it's good even near mrt. over there too many hdb for rent too.

i Heard it is going to launch at $1350psf

Seems like soft launch for AS is next week. Many ads start appearing in sg-house liao.

did the ads say wat price?

Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    Seems like soft launch for AS is next week. Many ads start appearing in sg-house liao.

Quote Originally Posted by DealsHunter
    i Heard it is going to launch at $1350psf
    Launch at $1350? Siao ah?

Asking price at $1K psf for Metro already got many people talk the property like shit.

But if the launch is really above $1K psf and it is successful, what opinions are those against $1K psf and above tells you?

Launch at $1350? Siao ah?

Asking price at $1K psf for Metro already got many people talk the property like shit.

But if the launch is really above $1K psf and it is successful, what opinions are those against $1K psf and above tells you?
    My insider source expect Price for big unit 4bdr & PH will be 1100 to 1250psf. 2 rms will be 1400psf, 3 rms about 1300 to 1350psf. Discount for first 20 or 50 customer if NOT wrong is 3-5%. Dont know have IAS or not

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter
    My insider source expect Price for big unit 4bdr & PH will be 1100 to 1250psf. 2 rms will be 1400psf, 3 rms about 1300 to 1350psf. Discount for first 20 or 50 customer if NOT wrong is 3-5%. Dont know have IAS or not
    If your pricing is confirmed, those people laughing at Metro asking price at $1K psf will have to . Even at $1k psf, units at Metor is much affordable compared with AS selling 2 bedroom units at avg from $1m onwards. This will make those interested in staying at that area to consider Metro as the units are immediate and cheaper.

If u think I am not right we can wait till next week and see. 2 bdr is at 1350psf and above from mid floor onward. I Know Wing Tai well. I am a value long term customer since from my dad time