Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678914192429 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascentia Sky (D3, 99 years, Wing Tai / United Engineers)

i guess the big contrast is Met and AS are super high rise while jervois side is limited to 12 storeys (if i m not wrong). contrast in styles so for those who do not need a good view, Jervois is good (and prime!). Further from MRT but if you don't mind walking, its a nice place. also more freeholds at jervois area vs 99 at these 2 (people do not seem to differentiate these days esp. if AS really sold at 1350psf).

Quote Originally Posted by dragonred
    Thanks to all who contributed to the this thread in the previous pages. I have been looking in the neighbourhood and was quite curious about the Met & AS. You folk have sorted it all out for me. Giving both a miss, and wondering if I should fish around at Jervois - which is right behind

Quote Originally Posted by propertyguru
    The image of the condo is such a misrepresentation. It suggests that the condo is surrounded by greenery and there are no tall buildings in the vicinity!

dear propertyguru .... go look at ALL project brochure ... 90 pct of them misrepresent... showing nothing but greenery

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    still seems inconveivable to me. The smallest unit is 947sq ft for a 2 bedroom. 1350psf would mean $1,278,450 for a 99 year leasehold 2 bedroom condo. Its not like the 2nd bedroom is big sized, can only fit in a single bed.

Congratulations! BAY WINDOWS + PLANTER FOR ALL BEDROOMS. BIG BALCONY + ALMOST AS BIG PLANTER THROWN IN FOR LIVING ROOM. WOW! MUST GRAB!
    living room balcony + planter > living room.

But must say...the exterior very classy.

what a lousy design of the plan. 1350psf.. If this is sold out, i will be laughing at their foolishness.

plse support wingtai, they r a solid developer with a sound track record.. the planters will be smashing ~

buy buy buy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter
    If u think I am not right we can wait till next week and see. 2 bdr is at 1350psf and above from mid floor onward. I Know Wing Tai well. I am a value long term customer since from my dad time
    Nope, I think your pricing is correct. What I meant is Metro which is just beside and selling at $1,000psf and AS selling $1300psf. Everything is the same for both which will you buy?

Quote Originally Posted by vin002
    Nope, I think your pricing is correct. What I meant is Metro which is just beside and selling at $1,000psf and AS selling $1300psf. Everything is the same for both which will you buy?
    Metro will all start asking for $1400psf this fri.

Default Buyer keen to invest $800k in a good unit around this area

I have a buyer who can afford about $800k (Cash + CPF + Loan) and is looking for an unit in this area for him and his mother to stay in. His requirement is that it should be a 2-roomer at least, and be relatively near to MRT.

Anyone knows if there is something within his budget?

Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    living room balcony + planter > living room.

But must say...the exterior very classy.
    Actually cannot trust the floor plan, need to check with developer exactly how big is the planter & aircon ledge in terms of sqm, typically it will be listed in a document approved by BCA/URA.

Quote Originally Posted by vin002
    Neither, both sucks big time. Would either buy FREEHOLD at Tiong Baru area, HDB across the road or just rent until both this projects drop to $700 psf in a few years time if die2 must stay at Redhill. It has happended to early buyers of Queens and it will happen to buyers of Metro and AS above $700 psf. So what if Wingtai bought the land at over $650 psf from govt? Let the developer die and I say it even though I hold shares of Wingtai and other developers. They are getting greedy again and if developer is greedy, there can be only 1 loser and that is the buyer.

for their mistake, wing tai should be thanking their lucky stars if they are able to sell at a tiny margin of 1000psf on average. Look at Frasers Centrepoint, getting out with thin margins on Caspian and deservingly slightly more margin on 8@Woodleigh (since they are credited for kickstarting this current run). What has Wing Tai done? Just riding the wind and suddenly raise prices to earn an obscene margin! Buyers must do their part, use their brain to think clearly and boycott unreasonable prices!

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    Neither, both sucks big time. Would either buy FREEHOLD at Tiong Baru area, HDB across the road or just rent until both this projects drop to $700 psf in a few years time if die2 must stay at Redhill. It has happended to early buyers of Queens and it will happen to buyers of Metro and AS above $700 psf. So what if Wingtai bought the land at over $650 psf from govt? Let the developer die and I say it even though I hold shares of Wingtai and other developers. They are getting greedy again and if developer is greedy, there can be only 1 loser and that is the buyer.

i guess the big contrast is Met and AS are super high rise while jervois side is limited to 12 storeys (if i m not wrong). contrast in styles so for those who do not need a good view, Jervois is good (and prime!). Further from MRT but if you don't mind walking, its a nice place. also more freeholds at jervois area vs 99 at these 2 (people do not seem to differentiate these days esp. if AS really sold at 1350psf).
    OneJervois is next to petrol pump
    and also smelly canal...how to say prime?
    thats why price can not go up versus like Cosmopolitan etc

from what i observed, the higher the developer priced a project, the faster it will sellout

low price = something must be wrong, don't buy
    high price = good buy, quick cheong in before other people grab them

Ang Sua: HDB living @ $1350psf (vs Redhill HDB)
    Arte: Expressway living @ $1350psf (vs Toa Payoh HDB)
    Woodleigh: Cemetary unliving @ $900psf (vs St Theresa's columbarium)
    Alexis: Hobbit living @ $900psf (vs rent a bombshelter at Alexandra, bigger somemore)
    Dakota: HDB living by the longkang @ $1000psf (vs Punggol HDB)

i am not referring to One Jervois. There are other older projects in Jervois area with reference to what Dragon Red was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by NoodyGirl
    OneJervois is next to petrol pump
    and also smelly canal...how to say prime?
    thats why price can not go up versus like Cosmopolitan etc

Quote Originally Posted by ostralek
    I have a buyer who can afford about $800k (Cash + CPF + Loan) and is looking for an unit in this area for him and his mother to stay in. His requirement is that it should be a 2-roomer at least, and be relatively near to MRT.

Anyone knows if there is something within his budget?

Got...the HDBs opposite Metro / AS. Can get 3-bedroom somemore.

Prices already coming out. I was quoted 1200psf for mid-floor low #2x for 4 bedder at 1200psf AFTER the 5% early bird discount. "ONLY" 2.2m! Wow! Buy and Regret!

'bay window + planter' combo, truly one of the "best" i hv seen so far hahahaha

imagine telling relatives during chinese new year

'I paid $2.2m to stay in Ang Sua'

pay 2.2mil to be neighbours with hdb dwellers

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    imagine telling relatives during chinese new year

'I paid $2.2m to stay in Ang Sua'

i hope it is another sold out project ~

well, to be part of the "exclusive" club, only need 1.2m for a 2 bedder. I could have sworn that is a reasonable price for a FH 2 bedder in D9, 10 or 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    pay 2.2mil to be neighbours with hdb dwellers

no cow sense lor. Got $2.2m, go D15 buy one super old f* up terrace for $1.3m, tear it down and rebuild swee swee for $700k, and you got another $200k spare to buy a nice LS or downpayment for a 750.

Those that buy AS - i totally respect you as you've either got balls of solid rock; or that you're a complete retard but yet can do good enough in life to make the initial deposit.

There's a church in front of Metro/AS. Those who buy can go there and pray after they buy. But I still hope enough pple boycott this kind of unreasonable prices. Otherwise, developers will just get bolder with future launches.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    no cow sense lor. Got $2.2m, go D15 buy one super old f* up terrace for $1.3m, tear it down and rebuild swee swee for $700k, and you got another $200k spare to buy a nice LS or downpayment for a 750.

Those that buy AS - i totally respect you as you've either got balls of solid rock; or that you're a complete retard but yet can do good enough in life to make the initial deposit.

There's a church in front of Metro/AS. Those who buy can go there and pray after they buy. But I still hope enough pple boycott this kind of unreasonable prices. Otherwise, developers will just get bolder with future launches.
    somehow i've got this feeling that it'll be sold out as well. If this is the case, it'll not be so much of a bunch of morons praying hard, they will need a papal blessing or a sign from God. (is the TOP 2012? )

I'm really considering blowing a few bucks to post up this ad on propguru and other places - just afraid it'll piss people off for sure, so i'll prob just take one of the agents numbers scribbled behind toilet doors as a contact number.
    _______

For Sale: The XXXX, $3500psf
    Excellent potential, and grossly underpriced considering people are paying $900psf for views of a cemetary; $1100psf to overlook the PIE and KTVs at Balestier; and $1200psf to live life as Ikea-shopping hobbits.

The XXXX delivers some of the freshest sea and gardens air around; and ensures NO lingering fragrance of decomposing bodies; NO lao pek pek peeking from his flat with binoculars on your nubile wife; and is certified fit for those above 1.2m to live in comfortably.
    With low conservancy and truly central to where it matters in Singapore, save heaps of money on hefty exorcism fees and avoid stuff like resurfacing corpses and midget fetishes. And because it's truly central, you can put on your drabs and indulge in HDB fantasies by walking to the nearby Chinatown HDB estate for free! Save the millions which other developers are obviously charging you extra for that 'Heartland' experience.

For male buyers, in a couple of years, you can start to indulge in the company of multitudes of tier-1 eastern european beauties, drink expensive martinis, and pretend your first name is James. For female buyers, fill up your obviously newly freed time from your husbands with in-condo spas and pilate classes; or get a buff personal trainer from the Dominican Republic just for yourself.
    Last edited by gfoo; 29-06-09 at 16:06.

Ha ha... i blow mine big big....

If anyone is thinking of getting a unit at AS for $1350 psf.... i got a better option for you...

The Wharf Residence, high floor, biggest of the 2 bedder.... same price, $1350 psf. Why settle for fringe of the City, when you can be IN THE CITY for the same price.

PM for more details!

cheers,

Hi Guys

I have been wanting to buy somewhere in these area but in recent short time, ppty are being snapped up before i can pronouce A-se-c-e-n-t-i-a s-k-y,

No foundamental, no logic but still selling out fast before public launch. how how?

Crazy market.

Quote Originally Posted by pweesng

If anyone is thinking of getting a unit at AS for $1350 psf.... i got a better option for you...

The Wharf Residence, high floor, biggest of the 2 bedder.... same price, $1350 psf. Why settle for fringe of the City, when you can be IN THE CITY for the same price.

PM for more details!

cheers,
    some buyers like the soothing sound of mrt leh.. wharf got??

yeah, good chance for you to exit your wharf at a tidy profit. not to forget, luxurious sized capitaland bedrooms without planters in them.

Quote Originally Posted by pweesng

PM for more details!

cheers,

unrelated.
    i wonder if Wing Tai had a sense of humor and purposely called it Ascentia Sky as the historical name for the area is really Ang Sua