Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: Mi Casa (D23, 99 Years, Far East Organization)

Hi beverly

A similar matter of concern where I would need to consider too in 3 yrs time. Which school are you considering to move nearer for your kid/s? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by beverly
    Jonleelk, we stay at the same area .. but I will have to move soon, or in 2 yrs time ( can still wait ) , to be nearer to the school. Guess I will miss the convenience of Lot One, the 24hour kopi-tiam near the interchange etc.

Quote Originally Posted by zoros
    Hi beverly

A similar matter of concern where I would need to consider too in 3 yrs time. Which school are you considering to move nearer for your kid/s? Thanks!
    The school thingy has been firmed up since we are alumni .. Bt Timah area. Hence I am looking at properties in that area, and was eyeing on the beverly condo.

Bro beverly and zoros...I exactly the opposite. My kid now P2 in CCK Primary School. Within walking distance to my ave 3 flat. If I move from now till 2013, it has to be within CCK area. To move to any other area has to be 2014 or later.

CCK got 3 good primary schools that normally need to ballot.

De La Salle School (0.47 km from Yew Tee Residence, 0.94km from The Warren)
    South View Primary School (0.34 km from Palm Gardens, 0.35 km from MiCasa, 0.72km from The Warren)
    CCK Primary School (0.57 km from Palm Gardens, 0.65 km from MiCasa)

Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    Bro beverly and zoros...I exactly the opposite. My kid now P2 in CCK Primary School. Within walking distance to my ave 3 flat. If I move from now till 2013, it has to be within CCK area. To move to any other area has to be 2014 or later.

South View Primary School (0.34 km from Palm Gardens, 0.35 km from MiCasa, 0.72km from The Warren)
    Bro, call me sister .. am a lady

I think Southview is the most popular in CCK. Am sending my kids to school in BT since that is the easiest and most hassle free way for us. Need to move closer for convenience, with the CCAs and after school activities ..

The school thingy has been firmed up since we are alumni .. Bt Timah area. Hence I am looking at properties in that area, and was eyeing on the beverly condo.
    Alumi...swee...no need to be volunteers.

Beverly still selling at launch price (the agent that I was seeing The Warren last night just happen to be the same agent who served me when I went to Beverly show flat). However, IIRC, Beverly will not TOP in 2 yrs time.

2011 TOP will be Jardin. I quite like that development but super $$$ at $1350 psf (though likely can get discount).

Bro, call me sister .. am a lady

I think Southview is the most popular in CCK. Am sending my kids to school in BT since that is the easiest and most hassle free way for us. Need to move closer for convenience, with the CCAs and after school activities ..
    Waiting list for De La Salle School is usually longer the Southview...though in terms of PSLE results, Southview was better last year. I have an old classmate who is teaching in Southview who told me this.

And sorry sis. Paiseh. Which school in BT u sending ur kids?

Alumi...swee...no need to be volunteers.

Beverly still selling at launch price (the agent that I was seeing The Warren last night just happen to be the same agent who served me when I went to Beverly show flat). However, IIRC, Beverly will not TOP in 2 yrs time.

2011 TOP will be Jardin. I quite like that development but super $$$ at $1350 psf (though likely can get discount).
    Jardin and Floridian too ex, prefer Floridian to Jardin cos Jardin is by the main road, and towered over by the taller GardenVista building. Beverly is cheaper, but their 3 bedder sizes are relatively huge . I have seen High Oaks and HighGate which is near Beverly, all less than 700 psf, but HighOaks is 99 yr

Palm Garden's facade looks good after all these years .. but
    didn't like the big thai temple next to it. The penthouses looks nice too.
    Distance wise, not as ideal as The Warren, NorthVale or MiCasa.
    MiCasa looks just like La Casa at Woodlands, even the FEO agents said so.
    MiCasa will be good for staying, but not so for investments I think nor flipping. Then again, with that price of >$800k for a high floor 3 bedder ,
    I think perhaps one can consider to get one at District 21 or elsewhere which the value may appreciates better in the future .. ?
    I doubt Beverly construction can start soon since they have sold none when launched ,and managed to sell a few in Mar .. if it touches 700 psf I will prob buy it as I think the surrounding is quiet and surrounded by greenery, walking distance to toh yi amenities and is FH with private lifts.

Hi all

I'm one of the Warren folks & is the 1st generation since TOP.

Eversince I have a gal, I was trying to figure out which primary school to enrol. As Beverly pointed out, there are only abt 2 better schools within 1km vicinity of CCK central, i.e. De La Salle and Southview.

Since we touched on the Primary School issue, anyone has any comment on CHIJ Bt Timah, the one next to Boys Town and Esta Condo? Was thinking that at least it is a mission school and pure gals, so the chance should be higher to enrol if i move to Cashew or Hillview some yrs to now?

If i move out of Warren, intend to either rent or sell off since agents all said Warren is the most marketable condo in CCK/Yew Tee area due to location and quality of building.

Any comment is welcome! Thanks.

Palm Garden's facade looks good after all these years .. but
    didn't like the big thai temple next to it. The penthouses looks nice too.
    Distance wise, not as ideal as The Warren, NorthVale or MiCasa.
    MiCasa looks just like La Casa at Woodlands, even the FEO agents said so.
    MiCasa will be good for staying, but not so for investments I think nor flipping. Then again, with that price of >$800k for a high floor 3 bedder ,
    I think perhaps one can consider to get one at District 21 or elsewhere which the value may appreciates better in the future .. ?
    I doubt Beverly construction can start soon since they have sold none when launched ,and managed to sell a few in Mar .. if it touches 700 psf I will prob buy it as I think the surrounding is quiet and surrounded by greenery, walking distance to toh yi amenities and is FH with private lifts.

Hi all

I'm one of the Warren folks & is the 1st generation since TOP.

Eversince I have a gal, I was trying to figure out which primary school to enrol. As Beverly pointed out, there are only abt 2 better schools within 1km vicinity of CCK central, i.e. De La Salle and Southview.

Since we touched on the Primary School issue, anyone has any comment on CHIJ Bt Timah, the one next to Boys Town and Esta Condo? Was thinking that at least it is a mission school and pure gals, so the chance should be higher to enrol if i move to Cashew or Hillview some yrs to now?

If i move out of Warren, intend to either rent or sell off since agents all said Warren is the most marketable condo in CCK/Yew Tee area due to location and quality of building.

Any comment is welcome! Thanks.

CHIJ BT - have you seen ESPA ? It's next to Assumption, very near IJ.
    Since it is all gals school, your chance of getting in is doubled in the sense that no competition from boys.

CHIJ BT - have you seen ESPA ? It's next to Assumption, very near IJ.
    Since it is all gals school, your chance of getting in is doubled in the sense that no competition from boys.
    There are many CHIJ schools ard like Katong, Toa Payoh, BT and etc.. Just wondering is CHIJ (BT) one of the worst or? Just happen it is around CCK area.

I was from IJ,Katong branch .. one of the worst in my opinion.
    The CHIJ BT used to be located at Jln Jurong Kechil area, near Jln Rajawali, should be the better one .

I was from IJ,Katong branch .. one of the worst in my opinion.
    The CHIJ BT used to be located at Jln Jurong Kechil area, near Jln Rajawali, should be the better one .
    Thanks Miss. Just that cos CHIJ BT now is just located BESIDE the BOYS TOWN...which is unexpected, and wondering whether the standard will drop?

Thanks Miss. Just that cos CHIJ BT now is just located BESIDE the BOYS TOWN...which is unexpected, and wondering whether the standard will drop?
    I have friends who are sending their gals to CHIJ BT next year .. should be ok .. IJs at BT and TP are the better ones from what I know. Also, you may want to try St Anthony's at Bt Batok, but heard that it is now a mixed school , not all gals school.

Just to share with you some of the condos and showflat that I have visited :

I have been to ESPA showflat a year ago, marketed by KF.
    sad to say, the layout was not impressive at all, for a 3 bedder, the master bed room is at one end (after the kitchen area, next to maid's area/bomb shelter) , and the other 2 rooms are at the other far end next to living room. Also, the bath-tub , or should I say, the lack of a conventional long bath tub .. similar to MiCasa, it is a step down into a rectangular area as a shower area. Whilst I was at MiCasa, when I saw that kind of bath tub, I can still hear people whispering that maybe FEO did not have time to install the long bath tub yet .. the incomplete look.
    ESPA was going for >800k for a 3 bedder on the second floor back then.
    The facade looks pretty nice ..

When to Linear showflat too around the same time, I must say that Linear's layout is good, squarish, and the master bedroom toilet is fantastic too, with black granite top and within the master bathroom itself, there are built in full length "wardrobe" , spacious too. There is also a roof top pool. However, the facade is not exactly appealing, and the front facing ones faces the main road where heavy vehicles passes by often, and the back facing ones face the school ( but not that close ) .
    Price wise, back then, around 650k for a 3 bedder.

Resale unit at The Jade (Bt Batok) - so cramped . The balcony looks good from the outside, but within the unit, I find that it may be a waste of space. Kitche looks dark and small. Asking price was pretty high > 700k back then. However, the plus point is its proximity to the MRT, in fact , one of the side gates is just a few steps walk from the MRT.

Resale units at The Madeira (Bt Batok)- The penthouses looks really good from outside. Didn't fancy the units where the master toilet faces the master bedroom door. Price wise, 650K for a 3 bedder to 780k, depending on the floor level. The facilities within the compound looks good and is spacious.

Resale units at HighGate (Toh Tuck) - very good layout, there is proper maid's room, not bomb shelter, and the maid's room is of decent size.
    The corridor between units are very very spacious. Quiet and serene.
    Asking price was a high 800k for a 3 bedder ( various sizes ) in 2008.
    However, I find that it is too deep in and far from the main road, and there are no side gates .

Resale units at HighOaks (Toh Tuck) - very nice facade, lots of water features, very balinese resort feel. Every unit is different, and rooms are all of different sizes, layout is not ideal. The kitchen is way too dark and small , and somehow the kitchen ceiling seems to be lower than the other areas of the house too. Asking price was between 650k - 900k for a 3 bedder , depending on size. Some of the ground floor units comes with a small patio, and garden, some comes with private parking lots (1600 sq ft)

Resale unit at Palm Residences along Jln Rajawali - this is a small development, the unit that I visited was asking for 620k for a 1200 sq ft 3 bedder, FH. The layout was the shape of a hexagon, lots of wastage.

Meadowlodge at Chun Tin - meditteranean theme, but not the replica of La Casa ala MiCasa. 67 units, good squarish layout, however, next to a temple. 99 yr and the maintenance fee is $400, not much facilities to speak of, just a lap pool, a smaller pool, a small playground and a few bbq pits

RainTree - The showflat was nice .. I find it is way too deep in, at the foot of bt timah hill. Saw lots of monkeys around that area .

Woah sis, what a summary.

The "missing" longbath from FEO is supposed to be their speciality - sunken roman bath as they call it. Actually, both wifely and me quite like that.

FEO's layout is very nice. Squarish and good use of space. I was quite surprised when I visited Jardin 2+1 showflat and the FEO agent told me it was only 1098 sqft. Didn't feel cramp at all. Same feeling when visiting Mi Casa showflat. Unfortunately, Mi Casa's finishing is a bit cheapscape for the price they are asking . Living room is "marble lookalike" homogeneous. Kitchen's homogeneous looks lagi cheaper. Wardrobe can accept.

Comparing to FEO's layout, The Warren's unit felt very cramp (sorrie zoros ). Wifely and myself both felt our current ave 3 surrounding more homely than The Warren.

Mi Casa's 3rd floor pool facing 4-bedder is currently selling for $666+psf. $9##k for the 1356 sqft unit.
    Last edited by jonleelk; 02-04-09 at 01:19.

I used to have a gf from KC. omg was she hot in bed. and all her friends from KC were damn slutty too! slurp!! KC gals are the best

Man, those upgraders are really suaku. FEO did not have time to install bath tub? That is a sunken bath tub lah... boutique condos had it since 2003.

Hi jonleelk

No worries. Warren has different layouts for the normal 3 bedroom unit. I think the 3 bedroom unit where you viewed could be those < 1200 sqft unit. My is the largest size 3 bedroom unit @ > 1300 sqft.

For me, convenienece is very important as both my mum and mum-in-law do take turns to take care my kid, i.e. near to MRT/Shopping area is utmost importance.

As my kid grows older, I would need to consider rent out my Warren, and find another home where it is within 1 km from a school like CHIJ (BT) or MGS.

Every home buyer has different requirement (thruout their family life stages) when come to select which condo project to stay in.

Just my take.

The "missing" longbath from FEO is supposed to be their speciality - sunken roman bath as they call it. Actually, both wifely and me quite like that.

FEO's layout is very nice. Squarish and good use of space. I was quite surprised when I visited Jardin 2+1 showflat and the FEO agent told me it was only 1098 sqft. Didn't feel cramp at all. Same feeling when visiting Mi Casa showflat. Unfortunately, Mi Casa's finishing is a bit cheapscape for the price they are asking . Living room is "marble lookalike" homogeneous. Kitchen's homogeneous looks lagi cheaper. Wardrobe can accept.

Comparing to FEO's layout, The Warren's unit felt very cramp (sorrie zoros ). Wifely and myself both felt our current ave 3 surrounding more homely than The Warren.

Mi Casa's 3rd floor pool facing 4-bedder is currently selling for $666+psf. $9##k for the 1356 sqft unit.

Hi jonleelk

No worries. Warren has different layouts for the normal 3 bedroom unit. I think the 3 bedroom unit where you viewed could be those < 1200 sqft unit. My is the largest size 3 bedroom unit @ > 1300 sqft.

For me, convenienece is very important as both my mum and mum-in-law do take turns to take care my kid, i.e. near to MRT/Shopping area is utmost importance.

As my kid grows older, I would need to consider rent out my Warren, and find another home where it is within 1 km from a school like CHIJ (BT) or MGS.

Every home buyer has different requirement (thruout their family life stages) when come to select which condo project to stay in.

Just my take.
    yup bro...the 3 bedders which i viewed in The Warren are the smaller units at 1238sqft. Good for u to rent out The Warren as the rental it commands is quite attractive due to its locality to the MRT/interchange. U can then move to somewhere in BT/Hillview where it is more quiet to enjoy a different lifestyle.

yup bro...the 3 bedders which i viewed in The Warren are the smaller units at 1238sqft. Good for u to rent out The Warren as the rental it commands is quite attractive due to its locality to the MRT/interchange. U can then move to somewhere in BT/Hillview where it is more quiet to enjoy a different lifestyle.
    Jardin is altogether a diff league from MiCasa, quality finishing too .. you are rite bro, micasa a bit cheap skate in terms of quality. Looks like Jardin price has dropped .. but still high ..

Zoros, I studied in IJ Sec, I think the primary school standard should be ok, though I wasn't a pri sch student in IJ. BT should be good , just like TP.

Bro, More than 900K for a 3rd floor pool facing unit ?! Woah, that's alot. A 3+1 is 1259 sq ft, a 3 bedder is 1200, and a 4 bedder is 1356, so it's about another 50 sq ft more for additional room.

I like the Floridian, again by FEO, quality is pretty good. Price still >1000 psf.

Zoros, you are rite, diff stages with diff considerations .. which is why I also thought about secondary schools for the kids .. should be around/near the pri school too, as moving house is a big project, quite a bit of hassle packing and unpacking, and whatsmore with kids, their whole truck load of toys, books etc.

Jardin is altogether a diff league from MiCasa, quality finishing too .. you are rite bro, micasa a bit cheap skate in terms of quality. Looks like Jardin price has dropped .. but still high ..

Zoros, I studied in IJ Sec, I think the primary school standard should be ok, though I wasn't a pri sch student in IJ. BT should be good , just like TP.
    Beverly, I would think u can consider places like dairy fairm and Hazel Park. Future DT MRT line is beside them. The only negative part is, u ve to have a car for these few yrs before the DT MRT line is ready.

Beverly, I would think u can consider places like dairy fairm and Hazel Park. Future DT MRT line is beside them. The only negative part is, u ve to have a car for these few yrs before the DT MRT line is ready.
    Dairy Farm - Nice big units .. Hazel Park - didn't like the facade. We have a car , but I have no driver's license

Priority is still proximity to pri school, there is a MRT (DT line) at BT close to the pri school too, and I prefer new developments than resale if I can buy one that fits my budget. So far, The Beverly is one of them

Br .. which is why I also thought about secondary schools for the kids .. should be around/near the pri school too, as moving house is a big project, quite a bit of hassle packing and unpacking, and whatsmore with kids, their whole truck load of toys, books etc.
    Sis, when it comes to sec school, we will not have any control over our kids liao. Most of the time they will want to go to a sec school where majority of their friends are going.

By that time, leave it to them to take care of themselve lor.

Sis, when it comes to sec school, we will not have any control over our kids liao. Most of the time they will want to go to a sec school where majority of their friends are going.

By that time, leave it to them to take care of themselve lor.
    True .. I presume that their pri sch friends all stay around that area so prob majority will want to select sec schools near that area too .. anyway, it also depends on their PSLE results too.

Dairy Farm - Nice big units .. Hazel Park - didn't like the facade. We have a car , but I have no driver's license

Priority is still proximity to pri school, there is a MRT (DT line) at BT close to the pri school too, and I prefer new developments than resale if I can buy one that fits my budget. So far, The Beverly is one of them
    hi beverly,

have you ever consider Cashew Height, just next to Bukit Panjang Primary School, the price is attractive and has huge en-bloc potential (when MRT is up).

Quote Originally Posted by dragon
    hi beverly,

have you ever consider Cashew Height, just next to Bukit Panjang Primary School, the price is attractive and has huge en-bloc potential (when MRT is up).
    Hi Dragon,

How much psf for Cashew Height ? But it's a little far from my kids' school .. Are there en-bloc negotiations going on yet ?

Hi Dragon,

How much psf for Cashew Height ? But it's a little far from my kids' school .. Are there en-bloc negotiations going on yet ?
    What abt Maysprings ? Near amenities and future MRT stn, and also near CHIJ BT. Price-wise, slightly higher than Northvale. TOP almost same time as Northvale.

Quote Originally Posted by vale
    What abt Maysprings ? Near amenities and future MRT stn, and also near CHIJ BT. Price-wise, slightly higher than Northvale. TOP almost same time as Northvale.
    Maysprings in exterior-wise is very plain and vanilla in color, on some angles, it looked like those better-design hdb flats. It is as old as Northvale thou both are located near MRT/Amenities.

And Maysprings is famous for being a hot "tenant market" area, i.e. there could be more tenanted units than owner-stayed units at any one time. The carpark is not entirely basement unlike the Warren.