Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621263136 ... LastLast

Thread: Mi Casa (D23, 99 Years, Far East Organization)

I like the Mi Casa siteplan better than Caspian and Double Bay. In term of location, Caspian is better.

Quote Originally Posted by beverly
    You will also be able to get a District 21 condo at that price. e.g. HighOaks is 99 yr, but almost same price as Mi Casa, albeit much older but the location is so much better in the sense that it is very near future Beauty World MRT and close to amenities too. Or FH HighGate condo ..
    If u r not driving, staying in Hillview area is OK if u r near MRT. Upp Bt Timah Rd easily jam with so many residents along that road.

Lot1 area is good for both drivers and non-drivers:
    Drivers - easy access to KJE/BKE/PIE, and sometimes I told my friends that once I drive out of my home, it's expressway all the way to KL.

Non-drivers - bus terminal and MRT/LRT stn, easy access to most part of S'pore

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    I like the Mi Casa siteplan better than Caspian and Double Bay. In term of location, Caspian is better.
    Personally, I don't like the area around Caspian/Centris, having running abt that area for many many years. The smell from the factory, the fighter plane noise, the traffic (lots and lots of buses), the crowded MRTs/bus terminal/shopping ctr, workers etc.

Quote Originally Posted by vale
    Personally, I don't like the area around Caspian/Centris, having running abt that area for many many years. The smell from the factory, the fighter plane noise, the traffic (lots and lots of buses), the crowded MRTs/bus terminal/shopping ctr, workers etc.
    agreed, surrounding of caspian is chaotic... but location wise is better than Mi Casa... nearer to city and not far to the north as well.

some may think 10-15 mins further from city is fine to them during purchase... but once stay there longer, may think it's too far.

Any way, once DTL2 is ready, Mi Casa to city and bukit timah can be quite convinient.

agreed, surrounding of caspian is chaotic... but location wise is better than Mi Casa... nearer to city and not far to the north as well.

some may think 10-15 mins further from city is fine to them during purchase... but once stay there longer, may think it's too far.

Any way, once DTL2 is ready, Mi Casa to city and bukit timah can be quite convinient.
    For Caspian, it may take u longer to drive to the expressway than the expressway itself, due to the start-stop traffic and lots of buses/vans/lorries.

For MRT, definitely, Caspian has an edge over Micasa, but by just 1 stn less. CCK has the advantage of having a circle loop of MRT line, so u can travel in both dir. With DTL2 completed, residents at Lot1 area and Bt Panjang Plaza area will be overjoy with a choice of 2 MRT lines serving them (linking with LRT/bus) to reach city.

Also 2% loyalty discount
    You're right. Currently 16% off the list price

While Non-Choa Chu Kangers get 15%

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    You're right. Currently 16% off the list price

While Non-Choa Chu Kangers get 15%

It has always been 16% whether or not you stay at CCK, so long as you register your interest with them.

Agree with you that Hillview is out of the way in terms of convenience and accessibility, with or without a car, with the same price, one can afford another place with better amenities and accessbility. My friend bought glendale park in 2001, can't wait to sell it off.

HighOaks and highgates are definitely much older, but in terms of resale value and rent, much better.

As a layman, I would see stack 17/18 as the best blk/unit, it is like a king overseeing the whole devt; with less obstructed view (if higher than the 5-storey multi-storey carpk); less noise (not facing busy road); and more importantly, no west sun.

Have leisurely read some feng shui info on high-rise apartment selection recently, it says block facing supercedes unit facing, fyi.
    bro, i believe u are referring to stack 19 and 20. The original pic posted at the first page of this thread is not updated.

Yes, in general layout, stack 19 and 20 are the best. The balcony will be facing NE which will be very windy (those who stay around CCK will know wat I mean). If I will to get any units in Mi Casa, these 2 are the only ones. However, so far it seems these 2 stacks are 4-bedders only. A 3rd floor is selling at $666 psf...resulting in about $900k for an unit.

However, when it comes to feng shui, the facing of stack 19 and 20 are a bit touch and go.

On paper, both units are still considered as a good SW facing (based on the direcion of the door). However, if during construction, the actual building is tilted a little bit more clockwise, the units will become a west facing...which is not recommended.

It is the touch-and-go orientation plus the not too friendly $700psf for unit #10-19 that is holding me back...
    Last edited by jonleelk; 07-04-09 at 12:37.

Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    I believe there could be different ways of determining the "direction" of the unit. The one that I am consulting is looking at the facing of the main door and living room windows.

If the door and the living room windows are on the same wall or opposite walls, the door determines the direction. If the door and the windows are facing 90 degree, the window determine the direction of the unit.

Example ;

If door is facing north, window is facing south, unit is considered north facing.

If door and windows both facing north, unit is north facing.

If door is facing north but window facing east, unit is considered east facing.

If door is facing north but window facing west, unit is considered west facing.
    which is the best facing? North or south?

bro, i believe u are referring to stack 19 and 20. The original pic posted at the first page of this thread is not updated.

Yes, in general layout, stack 19 and 20 are the best. The balcony will be facing NE which will be very windy (those who stay around CCK will know wat I mean). If I will to get any units in Mi Casa, these 2 are the only ones. However, so far it seems these 2 stacks are 4-bedders only. A 3rd floor is selling at $666 psf...resulting in about $900k for an unit.

However, when it comes to feng shui, the facing of stack 19 and 20 are a bit touch and go.

On paper, both units are still considered as a good SW facing (based on the direcion of the door). However, if during construction, the actual building is tilted a little bit more clockwise, the units will become a west facing...which is not recommended.

It is the touch-and-go orientation plus the not too friendly $700psf for unit #10-19 that is holding me back...

Bro, you still wanna buy Mi Casa ?

which is the best facing? North or south?
    Getting OT, but just for infor sharing. Again, have to mention there are different ways of Geomancy. The following is just what I am consulting.

General unit orientation, best is N-S, 2nd comes NE-SW.

Then, depending on one's "ba zhi" (the chinese 8 characters determined by the birth year/month/day/time), one will have some auspicious and inauspicious directions. It will be the best to the owner if the unit is in the auspicious direction. This is supposed to enhance the owner's luck.

If that is not possible, then choose between N-S or NE-SW, but take care to avoid the owner's inauspicious direction. If there is any conflict in the owners'auspicious direction, the male owner will take pirority.

Using my family as example:

For myself : South is auspicious. West is inauspicious.
    For my wife : South is auspicious. West and North are inauspicious.
    For my daughter : South and North are auspicious. Southeast and Northwest are inauspicious.

So the best for my family will be a South facing unit (door facing South, window facing North). If that is not possible, any NE or SW units are the 2nd choice.

Bro, you still wanna buy Mi Casa ?
    Most likely no. Discussed with wifey and decided to hunt for a South facing unit since we had already consulted Feng Shui.

宁可信其有,不可信其无.

Most likely no. Discussed with wifey and decided to hunt for a South facing unit since we had already consulted Feng Shui.

宁可信其有,不可信其无.
    Actually, if you are still looking within CCK, the only 2 options are Warren and Northvale .. unless you wanna consider Yew Tee , which Regent Grove and Quintet (EC) are better choices than YT Residences .

Ya, bro jonleelk, u r right, stack 19/20 in the image, but on FEO's brochure, it's 17/18, guess they have no time to re-print. Have told FEO before blk release that if it were 3 bedder , I'll consider, too bad, it's a 4-bedder. My 2nd choice was stack 7/8, but it's 3+1 and not release yet, without discount the price will be even more unimaginable.

I think I may still consider Micasa, but definitely not now, may be in 1-3 years time, or even longer, go in only when the price is right, anyway I can still afford to wait, and there are still choices like Warren, NV, and not forgetting the 2 empty plots of land between Micasa and the mosque.

Actually, if you are still looking within CCK, the only 2 options are Warren and Northvale .. unless you wanna consider Yew Tee , which Regent Grove and Quintet (EC) are better choices than YT Residences .
    Quintet is impossible for now...as it's just 2006 TOP..ANOTHER 5 years to go b4 1st owners can sell to Singaporeans.

Resale price for Yew Tee Condos will not be as good as those in CCK central.

If not Mi Casa, Warren is the next best choice as it generally doesn't have those water seepage/leaking issues as Northvale, and Design-wise is still on par or same generation with Mi Casa or any current Condo project. Northvale's design and layout belonged to those 1 decade ago design theme.

If you take a good look between Northvale and Warren, you would know what i mean.

Ya, bro jonleelk, u r right, stack 19/20 in the image, but on FEO's brochure, it's 17/18, guess they have no time to re-print. Have told FEO before blk release that if it were 3 bedder , I'll consider, too bad, it's a 4-bedder. My 2nd choice was stack 7/8, but it's 3+1 and not release yet, without discount the price will be even more unimaginable.

I think I may still consider Micasa, but definitely not now, may be in 1-3 years time, or even longer, go in only when the price is right, anyway I can still afford to wait, and there are still choices like Warren, NV, and not forgetting the 2 empty plots of land between Micasa and the mosque.
    Vale, I don't think FEO will let down the prices over the years, so far, I have seen them pushing up prices over the years, and letting it down slighlty after when it was pushed up sky-high , take for example, hillview regency project, GardenVista, Jardin. then again, you can also buy from those sub-sales who may want to let go when it's nearer the TOP too

As for the 2 empty plot of lands, so far no news yet from URA website.

Quote Originally Posted by zoros
    Quintet is impossible for now...as it's just 2006 TOP..ANOTHER 5 years to go b4 1st owners can sell to Singaporeans.

If not Mi Casa, Warren is the next best choice as it generally doesn't have those water seepage/leaking issues as Northvale, and Design-wise is still on par or same generation with Mi Casa or any current Condo project. Northvale's design and layout belonged to those 1 decade ago design theme.

If you take a good look between Northvale and Warren, you would know what i mean.
    We saw Quintet years ago, penthouse was quite nice and affordable, but not eligible to buy so can only appreciate its nice facade and layout.

Agreed totally, location-wise CCK central is so much better.

For water seepage problem, it's all depends on luck, any property reaching the 10-year mark will have this possibility (warranty for water proofing is 10 years), no matter where.

If u want newer devt/design -- Warren, if u want spaciousness/greenery -- NV. Facilities-wise, sama sama. Maintenance fee, I think NV is cheaper, correct me if I'm wrong.

No $650psf No Buy!

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    No $650psf No Buy!
    to me not worth more than $590psf

Quote Originally Posted by august
    to me not worth more than $590psf
    Yew Tee Residences doesn't have a tennis court, other than that is quite convenient... less than 1 min to Yee Tee MRT

Plus lots of newly opened good yummy offerings there

Agreed totally, location-wise CCK central is so much better.

For water seepage problem, it's all depends on luck, any property reaching the 10-year mark will have this possibility (warranty for water proofing is 10 years), no matter where.

If u want newer devt/design -- Warren, if u want spaciousness/greenery -- NV. Facilities-wise, sama sama. Maintenance fee, I think NV is cheaper, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Just to highlight, I been to NV before for investment viewing purpose. Facilities-wise, Warren is so much better. The 5 pools layout theme is the most beautiful among all condos within CCK/Yew Tee area, has 3 outdoor balinese style jacuzzi bath corners. You should come during one of the nites and view the entire Pool Area from one of the mid to high units at either Blk 39, 41 and 45. Til then, you would know that it's nice.

Just to highlight, I been to NV before for investment viewing purpose. Facilities-wise, Warren is so much better. The 5 pools layout theme is the most beautiful among all condos within CCK/Yew Tee area, has 3 outdoor balinese style jacuzzi bath corners. You should come during one of the nites and view the entire Pool Area from one of the mid to high units at either Blk 39, 41 and 45. Til then, you would know that it's nice.
    Agree...the pools of Warren look very nice at night. If want to pick, the only complaint is not too windy due to the blocks almost totally surrounding the pools.

Agree...the pools of Warren look very nice at night. If want to pick, the only complaint is not too windy due to the blocks almost totally surrounding the pools.
    May be I'm a practical person, having more pools or more lights, although more aesthetically appealing, is just adding on to more unnecessary recurring maintenance and costs. 1 adult pool+kids pool and adequate lighting is all that's needed, it doesn't make u more likely to swim with more pools.

If u are staying there, u will count $ & cents, but if u are investing for rental, then by all means look for the best looking condo day & night to attract potential customers as they are the ones paying for it.

If u want BOTH windy + surrounding pools, then blocks 37, 39, 49, 51 and 59 are the best among cos they have units which are unblocked cos these blocks are corner blocks among all in The Warren. But of course, it will be best if you stay among the higher floors in these blocks.

If u want BOTH windy + surrounding pools, then blocks 37, 39, 49, 51 and 59 are the best among cos they have units which are unblocked cos these blocks are corner blocks among all in The Warren. But of course, it will be best if you stay among the higher floors in these blocks.
    I think the wind factor is quite seasonal.

If u see the site plan, the best blk (best unit 24/27) that is shielded from noise(bus/mrt/expressway), west sun, and have better view is blk 51. If I were to buy, I'll look for these 2 units.
    Attached Images Attached Images

[quote=august]to me not worth more than $590psf [/quo

i bought windermere at launch ... at 466 psf ..in 1997 ..
    at that time, i was staying in Hougang, waiting in my queue for a maisonette , which when i applied, was 160k in 1993..

i failed in every ballot . Then went into the q ..and hougang became NE zone ..then the Punggol 21 project ..and HDB prices rallied so so much ..that by 1996-1997 ..a maisonette in NE zone was 450k ...plus renovation would have cost 500k ...simply not worth it for a HDB ..

hence i bought Windermere at about 600k ..just needed to buy furnitures and lightings .. it has a very squarish layout .. makes it feel big .. 3+1 bedroom 1281 sqft .....
    unlike yew mei ..sort of triangular toilet, living room etc ...

anyway i sold it last year at 490 psf and moved to a FH in dist 5

i must say i still LOVE my unit .. 16 floor .. unblock view as far as JB .. the wind is strong .. walking dist to Yew Tee station ..every now and then, my wife still tells me how much shes misses the view from the bedroom and the living room ..especially on rainy days..then rain on the full glass window ..the view of the greenery .. i miss it too ..

behind the project ..is the Park link ...will soon be a park with canoeing facilities etc etc ..

its coming to 10 yrs soon for Windermere ... if i am not mistaken ..its only 460 psf now ...

so why pay even 590 psf for the others .. if you are buying to live in ...

[quote=proud owner]
    Quote Originally Posted by august
    to me not worth more than $590psf [/quo

i bought windermere at launch ... at 466 psf ..in 1997 ..
    at that time, i was staying in Hougang, waiting in my queue for a maisonette , which when i applied, was 160k in 1993..

i failed in every ballot . Then went into the q ..and hougang became NE zone ..then the Punggol 21 project ..and HDB prices rallied so so much ..that by 1996-1997 ..a maisonette in NE zone was 450k ...plus renovation would have cost 500k ...simply not worth it for a HDB ..

hence i bought Windermere at about 600k ..just needed to buy furnitures and lightings .. it has a very squarish layout .. makes it feel big .. 3+1 bedroom 1281 sqft .....
    unlike yew mei ..sort of triangular toilet, living room etc ...

anyway i sold it last year at 490 psf and moved to a FH in dist 5

i must say i still LOVE my unit .. 16 floor .. unblock view as far as JB .. the wind is strong .. walking dist to Yew Tee station ..every now and then, my wife still tells me how much shes misses the view from the bedroom and the living room ..especially on rainy days..then rain on the full glass window ..the view of the greenery .. i miss it too ..

behind the project ..is the Park link ...will soon be a park with canoeing facilities etc etc ..

its coming to 10 yrs soon for Windermere ... if i am not mistaken ..its only 460 psf now ...

so why pay even 590 psf for the others .. if you are buying to live in ...
    I also can't resist the temptation to consider Yew Mei Green and Windermere for upsizing because of the low psf, but to give up the convenience of staying opp Lot1 is also very very painful.

[quote=vale]
    Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

I also can't resist the temptation to consider Yew Mei Green and Windermere for upsizing because of the low psf, but to give up the convenience of staying opp Lot1 is also very very painful.
    Fortunately or unfortunately to either side, a condo beside all shopping and transport amenities will have better resale value and more popular with tenants/families than those located in a corner of the estate.

Time has changed since decades back when people commonly perceived that a very ulu-located FH is worth > than a super-convenient located 99 LH condo.

And do REMEMBER, the WORLD is always changing, and mindsets change too.....

I think the wind factor is quite seasonal.

If u see the site plan, the best blk (best unit 24/27) that is shielded from noise(bus/mrt/expressway), west sun, and have better view is blk 51. If I were to buy, I'll look for these 2 units.
    I think more likely 24/27 will be "no wind" as they are facing SE...because the wind is 6 mths coming from NE, 6 months coming from SW. Unit 41/42 will likely "eat more wind" as they are unblocked , but also more noise from the passing MRT.

My existing HDB flat is also NW-SE facing...min wind coming into my unit , where else my next door neighbour is facing NE (mine is corner unit), almost cannot open window due to too windy.