Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kembangan Suites (D14, Freehold)

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    Yes. I was surprised when I saw the rental. This kind of rental can get units at the Farrer Park mrt area already right? When I bought, my expectation for the studio was just 1800-2000. Anything more is jackpot.

Read from the D'Oasia thread that you are the proud owner of a studio. Great development from the amount of facilities and space at the top floor and 2nd floor. This developer is very unlike typical ones who squeeze buyers dry. Congrats.
    Thank you. Not exactly proud owner yet la - now waiting to collect keys and i hope dont get shocked by defects. U never know with n00b developers who had only done like one project before this.

Farrer Park rental can be high like 2.5k shouldnt surprise as it is close to city and Orchard. Do you know that Prestige Loft along T Kurau Rd a miserable tiny project by my other favorite Mm developer Fragrance can also rent out 2.2k even though 0 facilities?

Anyone keeping track of this development?

I have vested interest, bought a studio and 1+1 back in early 2009 during the launch and sort of forgot about this project. Passed by yesterday and saw that the back was all ready and the front is still under construction. Think its the limitation of space that they have to build it this way.

Looking at the asking prices of D'Oasia and the other units in KS at 1200-1300psf, sounds ridiculous for this area? Think I paid like 800 psf only. But then, anything is cheap now.
    Kembangan near mrt asking 1.3k psf is cheap liao. Considering Kovan area new launches asking 1.2k, Serangoon new launch asking 1.3k and Lakeside new launch 1.3k, what is a nearly TOP or completed brand new project steps from Kembangan mrt which is a generally low rise landed area asking 1.3k only?

1.3 k fh low rise without facilities is cheap.
    1.3 k lh high rise with facilities is cheap also.
    Which one to buy? Lh or fh? With facilities or not? It all depends on rentable or not.
    Best mm are fh low rise with facilities near mrt and rentable.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Thank you. Not exactly proud owner yet la - now waiting to collect keys and i hope dont get shocked by defects. U never know with n00b developers who had only done like one project before this.

Farrer Park rental can be high like 2.5k shouldnt surprise as it is close to city and Orchard. Do you know that Prestige Loft along T Kurau Rd a miserable tiny project by my other favorite Mm developer Fragrance can also rent out 2.2k even though 0 facilities?
    Yup. A relative of mine has a unit there renting at 2350 FF. His yield is easily at 5.5 - 6% given his purchase price. Read from another thread that you bought the Cotz? Good buy as well. Yield will easily be 5-5.5%?

Yup. A relative of mine has a unit there renting at 2350 FF. His yield is easily at 5.5 - 6% given his purchase price. Read from another thread that you bought the Cotz? Good buy as well. Yield will easily be 5-5.5%?
    Argghhhhhhh stalker!!!!! ........*running away*

I am considering a unit in an old project which is located very near the Kembangan mrt. Can anyone give any advice whether this is better rental return or Kembangan suites which is asking more than 1k psf?
    Older projects freehold near MRT also got high chance of enbloc?

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    I am considering a unit in an old project which is located very near the Kembangan mrt. Can anyone give any advice whether this is better rental return or Kembangan suites which is asking more than 1k psf?
    Older projects freehold near MRT also got high chance of enbloc?
    If you look at projects like kembangan plaza, and other older projects on the Astoria park side, asking at around 600-800 psf.? Not much meat left on the bone, even if enbloc. Over there, it makes more economic sense for developers to buy 2 semi ds or a a few terraces to build a boutique project.

In addition, what will be your rental yield? If it's without facilities like kembangan plaza, you get like 1.2 for an ensuite room, a 4 br gets you 4.4k, yield is not fantastic. Just MHO, may be wrong. Saw that there is a 5 br unit at kembangan plaza selling. The yield is pathetic.

Argghhhhhhh stalker!!!!! ........*running away*
    Haha. Success attracts unwanted attention. Btw, wonder where the devil guy went. He is also quite a guru from his posts.

say hi to the mosque imam 5 times a day

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    say hi to the mosque imam 5 times a day
    I used to stay beside a mosque at Jalan Sultan. Not that bad lah, they broadcast like 2 times a day. Once in the early morning and evening time. I anticipated this so will be changing my windows to block out the sound if need to. Must take care of your tenants.

I used to stay beside a mosque at Jalan Sultan. Not that bad lah, they broadcast like 2 times a day. Once in the early morning and evening time. I anticipated this so will be changing my windows to block out the sound if need to. Must take care of your tenants.
    Wise man you are Sir!

Haha. Success attracts unwanted attention. Btw, wonder where the devil guy went. He is also quite a guru from his posts.
    Devil bro real guru... I am kutu nia jump from head to head...

u refering to me?

i am devilplate...not devil guy

guru==expert....i dun tink i live up to this status...nobody pay me for consultation fees leh...haha

me jus a guy who treat ppty as a hobby

Devil bro real guru... I am kutu nia jump from head to head...
    mai humble la...u MM guru

Doasia for instance is a gd buy...the layout is cool

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    u refering to me?

i am devilplate...not devil guy

guru==expert....i dun tink i live up to this status...nobody pay me for consultation fees leh...haha

me jus a guy who treat ppty as a hobby
    Ya. I was referring to u buddy. Remembered that your posts were generally insightful. Not some bo liao bushit. But I was away for a long long time, took a 4 month vacation to look see the world.

Your nick avatar seem to suggest that you subscribe to the concept of fiat money. I am a long time subscriber so once save enough moolah will plonk into property. But must make sure satisfy the 50-3 rule lah.

mai humble la...u MM guru

Doasia for instance is a gd buy...the layout is cool
    "nose teeth nose teeth!" all gurus in their own right ya...

Talking

Ya. I was referring to u buddy. Remembered that your posts were generally insightful. Not some bo liao bushit. But I was away for a long long time, took a 4 month vacation to look see the world.

Your nick avatar seem to suggest that you subscribe to the concept of fiat money. I am a long time subscriber so once save enough moolah will plonk into property. But must make sure satisfy the 50-3 rule lah.
    What's the 50-3 rule? By age 50 must have 3 wives?

What's the 50-3 rule? By age 50 must have 3 wives?
    That was a good guess my friend but not quite close.

when I buy a unit, I make sure that I take 50% loan and always put aside 3 years worth of mortgage installment payments. In this way, I can sleep better at night regardless of upturn or downturn.

That was a good guess my friend but not quite close.

when I buy a unit, I make sure that I take 50% loan and always put aside 3 years worth of mortgage installment payments. In this way, I can sleep better at night regardless of upturn or downturn.
    like dat takes a long long time to accumulate wealth....

at times must SHOWHAND!

like dat takes a long long time to accumulate wealth....

at times must SHOWHAND!
    I guess it depends at which stage of the cycle that you are buying into. I did some show hand in the first half of 09 as capital gain upside was huge. At this stage, I see it as consolidating your properties and structuring them towards long term rental.

Looks like its almost ready to TOP by Feb or March 2011. Any more KS owners here?

Hmm... Seems like no KS owners among our gurus ? Looks like I made a bad choice...

Saw the latest caveat in November at 1200 psf.. This is getting ridiculous.

Anyway, hope to get 2.2k for the studio and 2.5k for the 1+1.

Hmm... Seems like no KS owners among our gurus ? Looks like I made a bad choice...

1200psf considered quite low....as launch price was around 9xxpsf rite...

looks like u aso into MMs....hoho

1200psf considered quite low....as launch price was around 9xxpsf rite...

looks like u aso into MMs....hoho
    They gave me a discount as I bought 4 units in total with another friend. My buy in was at 8xx psf. For me, MM units near mrt are really for rental yield. 2 and 3 BR in prime areas serve as capital gain tools.

They gave me a discount as I bought 4 units in total with another friend. My buy in was at 8xx psf. For me, MM units near mrt are really for rental yield. 2 and 3 BR in prime areas serve as capital gain tools.
    so u more likely to keep MM and sell bigger units to realise some profit?

so u more likely to keep MM and sell bigger units to realise some profit?
    Yes. Most people I know do that. CCR units are normally the first to react to a swing. Buy low and sell high theory applies classically here.

Yes. Most people I know do that. CCR units are normally the first to react to a swing. Buy low and sell high theory applies classically here.
    gd insight

i buy MM only after i cash out big unit

Cool

i find that kembangan suites is a good property due to its location being very near the mrt n having many makan places round the corner. i wouldnt opt for d'ossia cos its situated next to a big temple n also its quite a long walk to the mrt station.
    imo u have not made a bad choice as it will be easily rented out n also not forgetting it was sold out within a few hrs when the project was launched not long after the lehman brothers crisis. so i m sure its quite sought after.
    any good buys u can recommend for KS? which are the better facing units?

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    i find that kembangan suites is a good property due to its location being very near the mrt n having many makan places round the corner. i wouldnt opt for d'ossia cos its situated next to a big temple n also its quite a long walk to the mrt station.
    imo u have not made a bad choice as it will be easily rented out n also not forgetting it was sold out within a few hrs when the project was launched not long after the lehman brothers crisis. so i m sure its quite sought after.
    any good buys u can recommend for KS? which are the better facing units?
    I will recommend buying those units facing the telok kurau side.

The other side faces kembangan plaza and has no view to speak of. In addition, there may be residual mrt track noise.

However, due to some tall trees by the side of the development, make sure you buy level 4 or 5 to enjoy unblock view. I think that the last transacted was a level 4 ?

Alternatively, you can buy either of the 2 stacks facing the park connector and the trumps at the back, the view is acceptably green with a small drain water view thrown in for free.

However, avoid the other 2 stacks facing jalan masjid. They are too close to bliss residence and d'gallery for my comfort. Also, it may be dusty and noisy as jalan masjid is a pretty busy road despite it being a single lane.
    Last edited by bullman; 24-12-10 at 08:20.