Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kembangan Suites (D14, Freehold)

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    A good observation on this aspect. In my dream again, I can see a trend towards a base psf of $1500 for most MM units.

An easy way to calculate will be looking at rental yield ? Studio rental PSF in the kembangan area looks like hovering at $5. At $1200 psf buy in, the yield is 5%. Even at a record $1500 psf, the yield is still 4% and reasonable for many.

Beyond $1500 psf would be anyone's guess. Take PI as a good example.
    abit tough to hit 1500psf for KS ...mabe only for the smallest units in KS....quantum plays a big role...goto keep it below 650k....very good chance for the 420sqft to hit 1500psf which is only 630k

as for rental psf...its distorted....if 400sqft is deemed livable...it will fetch almost same rental compared to 500sqft within the same devt

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    Thanks for all your comments and feedback. Really appreciate the diversity of opinions and views here. This apartment is near the Kembangan plaza side and so is D14 and from what I checked out, Kembangan plaza units listings have been at a high of 1kpsf which looks crazy for an old project. The only plus point which warrants that type of price is the close proximity to the MRT station. But then again, it is not easy to find a freehold unit so near MRT nowadays. Any other such projects near MRT anyone can suggest ?

Kembangan suites is commanding 1200psf at the moment based on caveats lodged so I reckon the price will go up some more closer to TOp. This may well bring up the prices of older apartments in the vicinity.
    I was attracted by 2 points to the apartment. So near MRT and spacious layout for a 2 bedroom. I am thinking like what bullman suggested to partition another room to make it into a 3 room unit if I do purchase this. As usual, the agent is playing with buyer's sentiment saying that the unit is a rare find and grab before it is gone etc.

I am also looking at Guillemard View which is about 500-600 m from Dakota MRT station and Aljunied MRT station, which of course is not as near to MRT as the kembangan unit. Kembangan is a more affluent area I guess than Guillemard? So would attract richer people? But Guillemard is closer to town .... Any one has any views on older apartments nearer to the Geylang side ??

The new launches have gone out of reach for small time investors like myself and resale market is the next best alternative to look at.
    Hi buddy,
    IMHO, anything more than 300 meters is considered not so near. 500-600 meters sounds like a long road march to me.

When you buy rental units, nearby amenities are important. They should be self-sufficient for the tenant.

Apartments located at the end of geylang area(nearer to Paya Lebar side) has already appreciated significantly. Look at Regal 35 for a good example. Will there be more upside? It depends on your vision and risk profile.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    abit tough to hit 1500psf for KS ...mabe only for the smallest units in KS....quantum plays a big role...goto keep it below 650k

as for rental psf...its distorted....if 400sqft is deemed livable...it will fetch almost same rental compared to 500sqft within the same devt
    That's true to some extent. KS do not have balcony so usable space is also maximized I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    That's true to some extent. KS do not have balcony so usable space is also maximized I guess.
    a/c compressor is installed underneath the baywindows for KS rite?

i wonder how the a/c man service it....

if siglap v can do it, i dont see why ks cannot.

abit tough to hit 1500psf for KS ...mabe only for the smallest units in KS....quantum plays a big role...goto keep it below 650k....very good chance for the 420sqft to hit 1500psf which is only 630k

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    if siglap v can do it, i dont see why ks cannot.
    power of new launch...furthermore....launch so long haven fully sold

some more dont forget, siglap has no mrt, so comparing both, ks is a better buy.

power of new launch...furthermore....launch so long haven fully sold

Comparing Guillemard area and Kembangan, which area would be a better choice to invest?

Comparing Guillemard area and Kembangan, which area would be a better choice to invest?
    This is a hard question to conceptualize. Although I am vested in Kembangan. Guillemard area has its own charms as well. At the end of day, its all about the amenities for tenant, rental yield and capital gain potential.

In terms of pricing wise, Kembangan would be more expensive compared to Guillemard as of now?

In terms of pricing wise, Kembangan would be more expensive compared to Guillemard as of now?
    I would saw Kembangan has a 100-200 psf premium? It boils down to proximity to MRT. Paya Lebar mrt is really quite a road march from Guillemard area.

Guillemard is close to Dakota MRT and Aljunied though the proximity is not as close as Kembangan unit to Kembangan MRT

Its a 15 year old freehold apartment with swimming pool common facilities. 2bedroom asking 800K with floor area 1200 sqft very spacious. Internal conditions look good. 2 mins walk to Kembangan MRT. Ready tenant. Rental yield at 4%. Should I consider this or new project like Vacanza? Any suggestions/ideas?
    Hi Im interested in this vacanza, any agent selling it?

Default Selling Kembangan Suites

I'm selling my unit at kembangan suites before it TOP. 52sqm asking 750K facing P stack (facing KB plaza 3th level). Current estimate valuation @ 711K. May shoot higher by march 2011 or TOP, please contact me if you have interest.May not sell after TOP..
    Sean Tan. (HP:81888170)

Reason for buying kembangan
    1) easy to rent out
    2) fetch 2.5k - 3.5k per month (Profit 30k above per year)
    3) 20- 25 Years earn back 750K without selling the house and juz by rental.
    4) Freehold and near MRT, no worries about property price ups or down or rental.
    5) Suites at Sims (red light distreet area) already advertisng 1500psqft
    6) Nearest FH condo to MRT compare to surronding new build condo.
    7) Price Pqft will rise again sharply upon comming to TOP for new launches around the areas which is 2012 - 2013. ( good time to sell again )

So definetly good purchase, reason for me to sell is , i bought it as an investment and intend to purchase HDB, now get stuck with the new HDB implementations, can't afford 2 condo, so need one bigger condo.

Quote Originally Posted by sean tan
    I'm selling my unit at kembangan suites before it TOP. 52sqm asking 750K facing P stack (facing KB plaza 3th level). Current estimate valuation @ 711K. May shoot higher by march 2011 or TOP, please contact me if you have interest.May not sell after TOP..

1) easy to rent out
    4) Freehold and near MRT, no worries about property price ups or down or rental.
    7) Price Pqft will rise again sharply upon comming to TOP for new launches around the areas which is 2012 - 2013. ( good time to sell again )

So definetly good purchase, reason for me to sell is , i bought it as an investment and intend to purchase HDB, now get stuck with the new HDB implementations, can't afford 2 condo, so need one bigger condo.
    If KS so good, don't sell now, sell only in 2012-2013.
    Your statement contradictory, maynot sell after TOP march 2011, yet can't afford 2 condo, so need 1 bigger condo. which is which?
    Please don't sell, you can earn back 750k after 20-25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    If KS so good, don't sell now, sell only in 2012-2013.
    Your statement contradictory, maynot sell after TOP march 2011, yet can't afford 2 condo, so need 1 bigger condo. which is which?
    Please don't sell, you can earn back 750k after 20-25 years.
    Sorry for the contradictory,
    I need to decide this few months because my wife need to choose a good primary school next year.
    I'm choosing between staying comfort(bigger apt) or staying convinience (smaller unit with good locations)
    I cannot rent out as i only have 1 property currently, so rental is impossible.

Sorry for the contradictory,
    I need to decide this few months because my wife need to choose a good primary school next year.
    I'm choosing between staying comfort(bigger apt) or staying convinience (smaller unit with good locations)
    I cannot rent out as i only have 1 property currently, so rental is impossible.
    here all bargain buyers....i feel only 1200psf or less they will b keen...LOL....so try other sources yay....gd luck

1) easy to rent out

Suites @ Sims is not Red Light District area.

There are no brothels at Sims area close to Paya Lebar. Most areas there now are Interior Designer shops area.

Those brothels are at Kallang area.

Guillemard Rd area is also not red light district area.

Half of Geylang is no longer red light district.

Red light district is now well spread to Orchard, Kovan, Joo Chiat, Katong, Jurong etc

Would anyone think kembangan court unit is a good investment?
    Older than Kembangan suites but floor area bigger for the same price.
    Enbloc potential if new projects around all increase in price near TOP

its a cheap FH to keep as investment..
    520k for 732sft 2bedder in 2010 2nd quarter
    but valuation is 460-480k due to the low transaction volume,especially in a old boutique development

u got so good lobang sia....

how come pptyguru only got one listing at crazy price...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...embangan-court

few mths bck right after 30Aug got some 3bedders selling at the champagne ....tink ard 750psf..tot quite reasonable but i din buy...lol....

u got so good lobang sia....

how come pptyguru only got one listing at crazy price...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...embangan-court

few mths bck right after 30Aug got some 3bedders selling at the champagne ....tink ard 750psf..tot quite reasonable but i din buy...lol....
    i saw the lobang on some realtor frd website,and i didnt buy that unit when i hear the valuation cant match..
    oh that unit 828k. agent agreed that owner trying luck, and i told her valuation dont even smell 600k.

I did not see any transaction of 520K for Kembangan court. How do you get the valuation?

I did not see any transaction of 520K for Kembangan court. How do you get the valuation?
    maybe u can check with our proud owner,cos i rember i did ask him on kembangan court. let me search my send msg.
    valuation from bank

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    maybe u can check with our proud owner,cos i rember i did ask him on kembangan court. let me search my send msg.
    valuation from bank
    Originally Posted by jwong71
    Happy New Year..

Haha,sorry to disturb you and seeking your advice again.

Recently i found a apartment with pool and lift build in yr 1994, Kembangan court.
    With retail shops,internet cafe on 1st floor.
    786sqft,2bedder,Freehold,and 2min to Kembangan mrt. Asking 520k.

I feel the upside is on the rental,and being FH and near to MRT. Potentially to hold for long term. As main stretch of road being enbloced,and build new condos.

But still having 2nd thoughts,might need to hear out from your advice b4 i proceed along.

Comparing to Vista park of 775sqft,studio. Transacted at 528k. Despite of 99yr LH,and far from MRT.

I think this Kembangan court might be a better bet.

Looking forward to your professional advice. Thkq in advance

i saw the lobang on some realtor frd website,and i didnt buy that unit when i hear the valuation cant match..
    oh that unit 828k. agent agreed that owner trying luck, and i told her valuation dont even smell 600k.
    i din buy due to valuation too(feels undervalued but dunwan to make a record price...whaha)....but bankers can match up to about 750-780k lor....not 600k so low la...u exagerate too much..

i din buy due to valuation too(feels undervalued but dunwan to make a record price...whaha)....but bankers can match up to about 750-780k lor....not 600k so low la...u exagerate too much..
    look at my previous post.. thats the price for the 732sqft.. no joke
    BUT the valuation is a turn off.. just like the new measures, totally turned off

look at my previous post.. thats the price for the 732sqft.. no joke
    BUT the valuation is a turn off.. just like the new measures, totally turned off
    i tink misunderstanding...i am refering to the champagne.....

i tink misunderstanding...i am refering to the champagne.....
    oh paisei.. propertychap asking for kembangan court.. sala

Originally Posted by jwong71
    Happy New Year..

Haha,sorry to disturb you and seeking your advice again.

Recently i found a apartment with pool and lift build in yr 1994, Kembangan court.
    With retail shops,internet cafe on 1st floor.
    786sqft,2bedder,Freehold,and 2min to Kembangan mrt. Asking 520k.

I feel the upside is on the rental,and being FH and near to MRT. Potentially to hold for long term. As main stretch of road being enbloced,and build new condos.

But still having 2nd thoughts,might need to hear out from your advice b4 i proceed along.

Comparing to Vista park of 775sqft,studio. Transacted at 528k. Despite of 99yr LH,and far from MRT.

I think this Kembangan court might be a better bet.

Looking forward to your professional advice. Thkq in advance
    the size is being over quoted by the agent, bcos the bank/valuers told me is 732sqft. thats also part of the reason,dispute over the sqft that i didnt proceed the purchase