Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regentville in Hougang

Default Regentville in Hougang

Anyone stay in Regentville? Can you share how is the environment there?

I noticed the selling price in Regentville is slightly cheaper than other area. Do you know why?

Thxs.

Quote Originally Posted by ksoon106

I noticed the selling price in Regentville is slightly cheaper than other area. Do you know why?

Thxs.
    I got a good friend staying there. Went to visit her there a few years back. Just opposite NTUC Fairprice Mega Mall at Hougang Point. So very convenient. Used to have bus services to MRTs....but dunno the current MCST stilll got maintain it. Quite beautiful function room and other facilities. If you can get a 3 bedroom below $600K there, guess should be quite good deal.

Some people say one bad point is no undergound carpark....multi storey carpark design and living space wise too compact. I think it is a good place to live in tot my friend told me never to buy one resales unit there......haha.

Just brought a unit there....Before I sign on the line, notice that alot of people going round there looking for units, therefore feel that this developement still very competitive. I can say is developement not bad as the price that compare to other area is relatively cheaper. But I do agree that the MSCP is the only disappointment, but no choice la....money speak louder then very thing. But overall still a very present place. Before I forget, maybe someone tell me that what is the maintanence fee?

Quote Originally Posted by sls1973
    Just brought a unit there....Before I sign on the line, notice that alot of people going round there looking for units, therefore feel that this developement still very competitive. I can say is developement not bad as the price that compare to other area is relatively cheaper. But I do agree that the MSCP is the only disappointment, but no choice la....money speak louder then very thing. But overall still a very present place. Before I forget, maybe someone tell me that what is the maintanence fee?
    Sorry, what do you mean by MSCP?

I asked an agent before few month ago, i think is $250.00 per month.

May i ask how much did you paid for it?

Nice place, I almost bought it.

Hi, MSCP is multi storey car park which I don't like about it. My purchase is 630k a high flr, not a high price I assume for currently property boom time.....Or anyone who got a good offer???? Please share

Hi, MSCP is multi storey car park which I don't like about it. My purchase is 630k a high flr, not a high price I assume for currently property boom time.....Or anyone who got a good offer???? Please share
    Thanks, I think is good price, I saw some already ask for $680k to $700K.

I hope so, never robert by the agent too much..... Anyone just brought a unit there, maybe would like to share the price you have purchase.....

I hope so, never robert by the agent too much..... Anyone just brought a unit there, maybe would like to share the price you have purchase.....
    Hi sls1973,

Recently, just bought one unit (3 bedrooms, 100sqm), mid-floor at 620K. So we are new neighbours : )

Any residents care to share ur opinion on Regentville? other than the MSCP. How's the maintenance and security there?

Quote Originally Posted by coolman
    Any residents care to share ur opinion on Regentville? other than the MSCP. How's the maintenance and security there?
    my SIL has been staying there for 10 years since it TOP. she complains abt the numerous Filipino tenants (coz nobody else wants to rent the apts there) and also that the usage of the swimming pool is not very well monitored. the swimming instructor on the pretext of teaching the kids in the condo lessons will also subtly bring in kids from the neighbouring housing estates. she has also seen a Malay woman in tudung & full attire enter the swimming pool once! nobody stopped her.

anyway these are just some "horror" stories from my SIL that I've heard over the years. just a bit of spice to add on to the positive reviews from the earlier posters

I was not impressed by her 3BR unit. very small with a triangular-shaped living room & tiny bedrooms. she personally hates it too but has to live with her own folly

Quote Originally Posted by KarenK
    my SIL has been staying there for 10 years since it TOP. she complains abt the numerous Filipino tenants (coz nobody else wants to rent the apts there) and also that the usage of the swimming pool is not very well monitored. the swimming instructor on the pretext of teaching the kids in the condo lessons will also subtly bring in kids from the neighbouring housing estates. she has also seen a Malay woman in tudung & full attire enter the swimming pool once! nobody stopped her.

anyway these are just some "horror" stories from my SIL that I've heard over the years. just a bit of spice to add on to the positive reviews from the earlier posters

I was not impressed by her 3BR unit. very small with a triangular-shaped living room & tiny bedrooms. she personally hates it too but has to live with her own folly
    Thanks for the feedback. Yup, 2 of the units I viewed are rented out. One tenant was filipino family. Another one was indian family. The swimming pool is not veri nice compare to recently built condo. The seller told me the interior structure is design based on feng shui.
    As a saying: you pay what u get : )

I totally agree with you coolman....you pay what you get. If you are welling to come up with 100+k to 200+k more, of course you can get a better pool and everything....but what the gov say I total agree with them, live within your means.......what for you upgrade your house but downgrade your life style because of needing to pay for the high mortage loan.

sls1973,

when will you be getting ur key? Mine will be Jan.

glad to know more people like us are buying for own staying instead of leasing out.

I will be getting my key somewhere mid of Oct. Estimate moving time will be end Nov. Do you intend to renovate your new house????

I will be getting my key somewhere mid of Oct. Estimate moving time will be end Nov. Do you intend to renovate your new house????
    sls1973,

It will be partial renovate. Change the kitchen cabinet, change the bathroom vanity top, basin, toliet bowl, change the build-in wardrobe for 3 bed rooms etc..

Wat abt u?

Me too....changing the kitchen cabinet, change the 3 bedroom wardrobe (as they look out of date) and also some minor touch up here & there lor......

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Fire at Hougang's Regentville condo, 5 casualties reported
    Evelyn Choo
    Channel NewsAsia
    Thursday, 22 October 2009, 1950 hrs

Regentville Condo

A fire broke out at a condominium in Hougang at around 10am on Thursday.

Smoke and flames were seen coming from the 5th and 6th floors of Regentville condominium.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said three casualties suffered from smoke inhalation. One other casualty was a firefighter who suffered from exhaustion. Also, a child was sent to the hospital for treatment of shock.

The SCDF is investigating the cause of the fire, which was brought under control within 20 minutes.

A big selling point, of course, is that Regentville is very near Rosyth school. Be a parent volunteer who lives within 1km of school, it's almost a certainty to get your kids into Rosyth.

Sure????I throught nowaday the sch don't entertain volunteer anymore because of too many on waiting list la. I heard doing RC work is better, don't know how true is it....or anyone have lobang????

Sure????I throught nowaday the sch don't entertain volunteer anymore because of too many on waiting list la. I heard doing RC work is better, don't know how true is it....or anyone have lobang????
    isst?? tat sch dun entertain volunteer? yup. heavily involvement in RC work will let you have the choice of the sch u want. My friend also did tat. U bought this condo becos of Rosyth sch? me bought the condo bcos is less than 1km from Rosyth, Hougang pri and xin min pri. at least i can choose one of these.

got ur key already? I m counting down till Jan.

I think there is a pool of volunteer on waiting list for the sch....therefore no point to go on the waiting list waiting list. Near the sch is also part of the reason I choose there another thing is the reasonable price and good surrounding. I really like te surround as nowaday condo dont have such a big place for human to walk around especially the large greenery area. Some area the walk way is so small that even you walk if people laying at the side of the pool give you a kick you can fall into the pool.
    I got my key in Sept and now doing reno, and it going to complete and plan to move in mid Nov....

I think there is a pool of volunteer on waiting list for the sch....therefore no point to go on the waiting list waiting list. Near the sch is also part of the reason I choose there another thing is the reasonable price and good surrounding. I really like te surround as nowaday condo dont have such a big place for human to walk around especially the large greenery area. Some area the walk way is so small that even you walk if people laying at the side of the pool give you a kick you can fall into the pool.
    I got my key in Sept and now doing reno, and it going to complete and plan to move in mid Nov....
    How much is ur total renovation cost? Wat did u do? Did you change the air-con? Did u do the window grill?

I did the window grill as I have little kidds around. I replace the 3 existing bedrm cupboard and kitchen. Varnishing and painting of parquet flooring and wooden door. Change all toilet door to flip type. Install 3 TV console. A shoe rack. Install lighting point and power power. Aircon I also change as they can quite old already. Excluding ac it is 20k+

So did you start your renovation??? Before CNY move in? Did you ask the contractor for quotation?

Default Regentville in Hougang

Quote Originally Posted by ksoon106

Thxs.
    I think someone wrote in forum about serious littering in this condo.....

So did you start your renovation??? Before CNY move in? Did you ask the contractor for quotation?
    Not yet. The previous owner had a 1 year tenant lease which end Mar 10. So we can only start the reno on Apr. Most probably shld be shifting in on May. I will look for the contractors coming Jan.

Btw, do ur kids go to childcare?

Ya, manage to find a place for him. The one nearest to our home (NTUC) is full when I ask them during Oct 09, therefore I walk further down the abit to look for another one which is along Hougang St 92. Not very near actually, it is about 5 min walk from our home.

Went there to look for a place to stay back in 2007 - cos my parents live nearby. Back then was looking at a 2+1 for around 400K++ (they were going at 420-450psf)

Plus points was the proximity to the Hougang Festival Marrket (NTUC) just opposite and near to CTE / SLE.

Things that caused me ultimately not to buy was the MSCP, small pool, proximity to main road and the weird layout of the apartment.

With new projects coming up there i think the prices will go up in time (like almost every property), though the increase will be linear.

What you mention hopefully come true, now property price sky rocket high. I agree with you the main setback for this area is the MSCP which I personally dont like it too, but what to do....budget constraint. Today, saw it the New paper that recently here got littering problem, hopefully those people who have done it wake up your idea and be more considerate....Negative feedback regarding this area will definitely affect the price when you want to sell it off in the future, please be considerate that we are all living together.

Ya, manage to find a place for him. The one nearest to our home (NTUC) is full when I ask them during Oct 09, therefore I walk further down the abit to look for another one which is along Hougang St 92. Not very near actually, it is about 5 min walk from our home.

Wat is the childcare name? I also intend to change my boy childcare to somewhere nearby our condo.