But I personally abhor Maysprings due to its location and internal layout

Quote Originally Posted by zoros
    So are you part of Warren family?
    Yeap, u are right....

Happy owner since about 2years ago..

Quote Originally Posted by RacNic
    Yeap, u are right....

Happy owner since about 2years ago..
    Nice to know you anyway. I been in warren since TOP.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Cashew Heights owners eye second shot
    Azhar Khalid
    TODAY
    Monday, 12 April 2010

Owners of Cashew Heights condominium are planning to take a second shot at a collective sale after the first attempt fell through about 3 years ago.

Some 170 owners of the total 598 units in the estate signed a requisition on Saturday to hold an extra-ordinary general meeting (EGM) which will kick off the en-bloc sale process.

The date of the EGM has not been decided yet but the issues to be discussed include the formation of a sales committee, the appointment of a property consultant and lawyer, as well as considering the terms of the collective sale agreement (CSA).

This was disclosed in an unsigned letter sent to all owners on April 1 to seek their signatures for the requisition of an EGM.

According to a copy seen by MediaCorp, the letter said that "we are only at the initiation of the first step and we encourage and welcome all owners to attend the EGM when it is held and for those with relevant experience to step forward to serve."

To temper expectations, the letter also said that "Cashew Heights is a big project with a large plot of land and many owners and as such all matters pertaining to en bloc will have to move at a moderate speed unlike smaller projects".

Yet, the letter added that by starting the en bloc process early, the owners could perhaps catch the market peak when the deal is to be concluded.

While it is still early days to settle on a price, MediaCorp understands that some owners of larger-sized units in the condominium are already looking at payouts of close to $2 million each.

One owner, who lives in a 1,650 sqft unit and who wants to be known only as Mr Jeffrey, told MediaCorp,

"I'm already 60. If the price is right, in the $2 million plus bracket, I would love to sell and move on to a smaller unit in an HDB estate, continue to work part-time, kick back and relax."

Cashew Heights is a 999-year leasehold development located at Cashew Road in District 23, off Upper Bukit Timah Road. The first phase of the development was completed in 1985 and it was fully completed in 1992.

The resort-style condominium was developed by City Developments and comprises units with 2- and 3-bedrooms, and maisonettes. The unit sizes range from about 950 sqft to the bigger maisonette units which span about 1,900 sqft.

Analysts believe that while the en bloc process may be challenging, some are confident it will succeed this time round.

Mr Colin Tan, head of research and consultancy at Chesterton Suntec International, said: "Since this is the second time, the owners are more familiar with the en-bloc process and it can be successful now."

He also said there are owners in the estate which have not done major renovation works to their units for years in anticipation of a collective sale.

"They would be eager to agree to the collective sale if the price is right," Mr Tan said.

Quote Originally Posted by zoros
    Nice to know you anyway. I been in warren since TOP.
    I drop by the warren few days ago and notice the building paintworks was not properly maintain. this project only exist few years and why the building so run down, it suppose to repaint after every 5 years right?

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise
    I drop by the warren few days ago and notice the building paintworks was not properly maintain. this project only exist few years and why the building so run down, it suppose to repaint after every 5 years right?

yeah all greenish rite...not necc some 10 yrs than get painted..depend on mgmt, mostly use sinking fund so buy those which just get painted if not sinking fund not enough owners have to co pay...

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    yeah all greenish rite...not necc some 10 yrs than get painted..depend on mgmt, mostly use sinking fund so buy those which just get painted if not sinking fund not enough owners have to co pay...
    I think the management never do work after collecting the maintenance fees. same like the mrt.

You interested to buy a unit there?

price almost the same as micasa now leh...vis a vis size or psf..

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    You interested to buy a unit there?
    may consider a resale unit after they finish the building paintwork haha..
    the location is much better than the micasa and rainforest. very near to the shops, mrt,bus interchange and highway.
    Last edited by sunrise; 14-01-12 at 07:19.

Wrong. (No offend but seem like I'm fated with you..)

BCA mandatory not more then 5 years. Less appeal.

http://www.bca.gov.sg/BMSM/bmsm_faqs.html#general_q20

20. How often do I have to paint my building?

Building owners are required to paint the external walls of their buildings at intervals of not more than five years. However, if the paintwork on your external walls is still in good condition after a period of five years, you may write to the Commissioner of Buildings for approval to delay the painting.

Loop hole.
    Less TOP development which can take legal completion date so become 6-9 years.

may consider a resale unit after they finish the building paintwork haha..
    the location is much better than the micasa and rainforest. very near to the shops, mrt,bus interchange and highway.
    Their agm coming and there are series of proposal for upgrading of facilities (eg commom toilet upgrade , landscaping etc). . My opinion is that the Place is quite will maintenance ...not too bad for a 6-7 year plus condo ..

To me it seem good, now psf is about 700plus , the new ec over there is offering 700 plus also....

What I notices is the paintwork at the balcony external parapet is slightly greenish , seem like the when rain it get wet and these stack don face the sun will get these greenish algey stain ..

That time when visit a unit, I also asked the agent to check how much they have in their fund but never get back to me... But base on the proposal for their agm, the fund seem sufficient..

Anybody got a idea how much is the range of fund is considered healthy? Say min 3 mil for a 7-8 years condo? As is coming to 10 and waterproofing warranty is gonna to be due, these amount sufficient?

Quote Originally Posted by apple3
    Wrong. (No offend but seem like I'm fated with you..)

BCA mandatory not more then 5 years. Less appeal.

http://www.bca.gov.sg/BMSM/bmsm_faqs.html#general_q20

20. How often do I have to paint my building?

Building owners are required to paint the external walls of their buildings at intervals of not more than five years. However, if the paintwork on your external walls is still in good condition after a period of five years, you may write to the Commissioner of Buildings for approval to delay the painting.

Loop hole.
    Less TOP development which can take legal completion date so become 6-9 years.

well in that case, it definitely questionable about the conditions of exterior wall of warren(or bo cho kang someone?)... whatever cases, I am not going to co pay anything erelated to the painting cost LET say if JUST move in within a short period of time....
    Last edited by peterng8; 15-01-12 at 11:10.

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    That time when visit a unit, I also asked the agent to check how much they have in their fund but never get back to me... But base on the proposal for their agm, the fund seem sufficient..

Anybody got a idea how much is the range of fund is considered healthy? Say min 3 mil for a 7-8 years condo? As is coming to 10 and waterproofing warranty is gonna to be due, these amount sufficient?

Should be sufficient...based on the place currently residing as an example...

Their agm coming and there are series of proposal for upgrading of facilities (eg commom toilet upgrade , landscaping etc). . My opinion is that the Place is quite will maintenance ...not too bad for a 6-7 year plus condo ..

To me it seem good, now psf is about 700plus , the new ec over there is offering 700 plus also....

take a look at mi casa...now it is negotiable too...it is new..warren is 6 to 7 yrs old...which has more upside acc to your opinion? or put it the other way..which one has more downside Risk?

What I notices is the paintwork at the balcony external parapet is slightly greenish , seem like the when rain it get wet and these stack don face the sun will get these greenish algey stain ..
    yes..balcony and the surrounding walls color which is good for our eyes(green color good for eyes mah), night lamps spoilt, water features not working.... ..

take a look at mi casa...now it is negotiable too...it is new..warren is 6 to 7 yrs old...which has more upside acc to your opinion? or put it the other way..which one has more downside Risk?
    I had viewed micasa too, definitely a competition to Warren . Appreciate your pts...

yes..balcony and the surrounding walls color which is good for our eyes(green color good for eyes mah), night lamps spoilt, water features not working.... ..
    Seem like the condo manager not dong the job ....a quick fix is to complain to the mc chairman...this is the basic maintenance routine ...

I had viewed micasa too, definitely a competition to Warren . Appreciate your pts...
    u mean showroom last time ? as it is going to TOP maybe somewhere this year only... price showhow close to warren and it is new ...warren price now is at high side for 7 years old place..by 2014 will be ten yrs whereas mi casa only 2 yrs...so price wise which will erode soon? I think u also know that very well...good luck

Seem like the condo manager not dong the job ....a quick fix is to complain to the mc chairman...this is the basic maintenance routine ...
    after the facelift (repainting work) the warren definite price better.
    this place have potential. info says to do re-painting on june this year.
    just wait and see.

after the facelift (repainting work) the warren definite price better.
    this place have potential. info says to do re-painting on june this year.
    just wait and see.

if like that, than northvale(also LH) which is over 10 yrs old, also got potential ...

MCL vs FEO, pretty obvious.

Yet to comment on the distance to Lot 1 and pools.

if like that, than northvale(also LH) which is over 10 yrs old, also got potential ...
    Not really matters, but just FYI.
    Northvale is apartment status, not condominium status.
    Warren is condominium status.

u mean showroom last time ? as it is going to TOP maybe somewhere this year only... price showhow close to warren and it is new ...warren price now is at high side for 7 years old place..by 2014 will be ten yrs whereas mi casa only 2 yrs...so price wise which will erode soon? I think u also know that very well...good luck
    Yap , seen e show room..
    It was a matter of timing.
    The age is a factor to note , that why.

I was there about 8 years ago, and it already looked quite run down.

Quote Originally Posted by apple3
    Not really matters, but just FYI.
    Northvale is apartment status, not condominium status.
    Warren is condominium status.
    what's the diff?

Quote Originally Posted by testtest
    what's the diff?
    northvale is also well known for leaking roofing. also, it does not have a insulation (noise trap) inside the wall. so how to touch warren in terms of quality?

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

ummm.... what are the differences between apartment and condominium ??..
    condominium has more facilities ??... northvale like have all the facilities...

in technical... what are the differences between apartment and condominium ??.. can help explain ??..
    to me they looked the same...