Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Warren - sharing of info

Default The Warren - sharing of info

With Mi Casa selling at such high price, those interested in CCK development will likely also start looking at The Warren. As there is not much info on this development here, I'm starting a thread and hope all bros will share their views about this development which TOP in 2004.

In terms of facade, I personally find that Northvale (next to Warren, but much older) looks better and the management just repainted Northvale. Didn't quite like the facade of Warren with the blue/green/yellow .
    Price wise, north vale is relatively cheaper too.
    Facilities, both are comparable.
    In terms of location, both are across the Bus Interchange and very accessible to Lot one,MRT and nearby amenities

Anyone knows the psf price of Warren when it just TOP?

Wink

Hi,

hear say that tis project NorthVale had lots of problem with celing leakage since TOP. The agent that brought us to some units viewing last year also agreed & say to look out for sign of roof leaking when viewing. We got scare off the idea of Northvale as compare to Warren. But warren pricing aso very stiff for past 1~2 years. tink that's why Micasa can price high.

Good luck.

In CCK central, current condos ard are just The Warren and Northvale.

Warren is developed by one of the best quality developer, MCL Land, and is about 4yrs since TOP. Northvale basically is more than 10yrs old, and if one looks carefully, it's easy to see that design of Northvale is under those "older version" of Condos, especially if you compare the Windows for BOTH Northvale and The Warren.

It's quite a known fact that some units @ Northvale has water seepage and leaking issues, esp. known to those familiar agents.

So overall, you are looking at a just 4 yrs old condo vs a > 10 yrs old condo.

Others to note, Warren has 2 vehicle exits while Northvale has just 1 main exit.

Quote Originally Posted by soul118
    Hi,

hear say that tis project NorthVale had lots of problem with celing leakage since TOP. The agent that brought us to some units viewing last year also agreed & say to look out for sign of roof leaking when viewing. We got scare off the idea of Northvale as compare to Warren. But warren pricing aso very stiff for past 1~2 years. tink that's why Micasa can price high.

Good luck.

Went to see 2 units of The Warren this evening. Now I really experienced "too near" to a transport hub. The place is a bit noisy. Don't get the "home to a resort" type of feeling.

Because of micasa, The Warren owners have increased their asking price. Both units asking close to $600 psf neg.

I think Warren was 500+ psf when launched, I have a friend who bought a unit at Warren , a 4 bedder, and with bay windows and his unit is not facing the MRT track and it's on the other end .Oh, didn't know about the water leakage problems at Northvale, sounds like it is poorly maintained .

Quote Originally Posted by beverly
    I think Warren was 500+ psf when launched, I have a friend who bought a unit at Warren , a 4 bedder, and with bay windows and his unit is not facing the MRT track and it's on the other end .Oh, didn't know about the water leakage problems at Northvale, sounds like it is poorly maintained .
    It's not maintenance problem, I think more of a wear-and-tear over the 10+ years. The owners should have requested free repair by the developer, and get all repaired by now as the developer's warranty has just expired not too long ago.

I have been to the soft-launch of Warren, if not because the developer didn't want to release the unit we have selected, we would have moved (from 2 bdroom in NV to 3 bdroom in Warren). But after it was completed, we have 2nd thought: it's just too near to the bus terminal only entrance, bus+mrt noise may be worse than just suffering from MRT noise in Northvale. SMRT maintenance on tracks/trains has got worse, it was not so noisy several years ago.

Having stayed in Northvale for the past 8+ years and seen a few new projects launched recently, I feel that Northvale has the most greenery. There are lots of grass patches/open spaces that you won't find in mass-market devt now. Micasa is so cramp, blocks are so close together, there is even little space between the edge of the swimming pool and the blocks.

I would say NV is value for money, Warren is good if u want a newer devt. Micasa is too ex. Palm Garden is far from amenities, compared to NV/Warren/Micasa. Of course, for buying any old unit, caveat emptor applies.

Quote Originally Posted by vale
    It's not maintenance problem, I think more of a wear-and-tear over the 10+ years. The owners should have requested free repair by the developer, and get all repaired by now as the developer's warranty has just expired not too long ago.

I have been to the soft-launch of Warren, if not because the developer didn't want to release the unit we have selected, we would have moved (from 2 bdroom in NV to 3 bdroom in Warren). But after it was completed, we have 2nd thought: it's just too near to the bus terminal only entrance, bus+mrt noise may be worse than just suffering from MRT noise in Northvale. SMRT maintenance on tracks/trains has got worse, it was not so noisy several years ago.

Having stayed in Northvale for the past 8+ years and seen a few new projects launched recently, I feel that Northvale has the most greenery. There are lots of grass patches/open spaces that you won't find in mass-market devt now. Micasa is so cramp, blocks are so close together, there is even little space between the edge of the swimming pool and the blocks.

I would say NV is value for money, Warren is good if u want a newer devt. Micasa is too ex. Palm Garden is far from amenities, compared to NV/Warren/Micasa. Of course, for buying any old unit, caveat emptor applies.

Yes, Agree that Northvale is value for money .. the facilities in the compound are pretty good, and spacious too. 2 yrs back, one of the penthouse was going for slightly more than 700k, almost 3000 sq ft, but half is occupied by the open terrace which is not live in space.
    As for MiCasa, can't get pass the fact that it is a replica of the La Casa, and the lack of originality , coupled with the higher than average pricing in CCK area.

Yes, Agree that Northvale is value for money .. the facilities in the compound are pretty good, and spacious too. 2 yrs back, one of the penthouse was going for slightly more than 700k, almost 3000 sq ft, but half is occupied by the open terrace which is not live in space.
    As for MiCasa, can't get pass the fact that it is a replica of the La Casa, and the lack of originality , coupled with the higher than average pricing in CCK area.
    That guy is actually buying a 4 bedrm unit at $700k ! A useable space of 160+sqm, and it's a penthouse, so not that bad at all at ~$400/sqft !

That guy is actually buying a 4 bedrm unit at $700k ! A useable space of 160+sqm, and it's a penthouse, so not that bad at all at ~$400/sqft !
    Not sure how much the original seller bought it for, but he was migrating and willing to let go at slightly more than 700k. The open terrace space on top is huge, but not live in space and it's hard to maintain and it's more like a yard to put junk from what I saw.

Not sure how much the original seller bought it for, but he was migrating and willing to let go at slightly more than 700k. The open terrace space on top is huge, but not live in space and it's hard to maintain and it's more like a yard to put junk from what I saw.
    It may cost a million at that time, as a studio unit costs ~$500k and a 2bedder ~$700k during launch. Those are the prices at property mkt peak. So, in such a gloomy economic condition now, Micasa is comparatively too ex.

Looking back at some of the launching price lists of Warren (ya, I still keep them as reference), it's a pity that we didn't select another unit as 2nd or 3rd choice at that time (I was overseas). Anyway, we will be stucked in CCK for many years (kids studying here), so it will be Warren, Micasa or even within NV, for upsizing.

Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    Anyone knows the psf price of Warren when it just TOP?
    Just digged out the price list (only partial, have all blks but not all units) during launch. Got different psf for different blks and floors. I just take the blk that I like at that time as an example: Blk 53, unit 29, ~$460-480 aft discount for 1238sqft 3 bedrm

Just digged out the price list (only partial, have all blks but not all units) during launch. Got different psf for different blks and floors. I just take the blk that I like at that time as an example: Blk 53, unit 29, ~$460-480 aft discount for 1238sqft 3 bedrm
    Hi Vale

Do you have the psf for Blk 53, unit 30 of 1302 sqft unit during launch?

Thks

Ops, sorry, after double check with the site plan, the blk I like most at that time shd be blk 51 not 53. An example of unit 24 is ~$470-500psf aft disc

Quote Originally Posted by zoros
    Hi Vale

Do you have the psf for Blk 53, unit 30 of 1302 sqft unit during launch?

Thks
    Ya, u r lucky, I got 2nd fl to 13fl (except 8fl), $454-480psf

So, u can see, Micasa's launch price is >25% higher comparing with Warren (both aft disc and during soft launch) ! That's within 7+years (late 2001 and now).

Does anyone know of any free online repository that keeps the siteplan and unit floorplan of condos launched over the years? I guess some of u might encounter the lack of info problem as me while searching for completed properties.

Currently, the only way is to get it from agent(if he has) or go for actual viewing, but sometimes, u just want to take a look on paper b4 even making a call.

Default Guilin view, warren, parc oasis north wale or floravale

Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    With Mi Casa selling at such high price, those interested in CCK development will likely also start looking at The Warren. As there is not much info on this development here, I'm starting a thread and hope all bros will share their views about this development which TOP in 2004.

Can anyone help me to decide which is the best condo for investment as well as staying Guilin view, warren, parc oasis north wale or floravale?

which is the best psf price for each condo

I'm one of those turned off by Mi Casa exhorbitant price and low quality materials.

Went to view a unit at The Warren, high floor, offering just below $900K. Pool view. Love the unit, bright, breezy and very well maintained. BUT can't stand the noise! MRT station and bus interchange right in front of 2 of the bedrooms & kitchen windows (each bus that comes in and pulls out creates alot of engine noise, the MRT too). Expressway on the balcony side, could hear the motorbikes zoom zoom zoom (higher floor, louder noise). Noise from all directions and it's going to be all day long (can't imagine having to bear with the noise of buses and MRT that start operation from 5+ in the morning?!! unless you close all the windows and switch on the aircon all day).

I would still consider Mi Casa if only the materials are better with the kind of price it's asking for (wish it's marble for the flooring & toilet walls, better wardrobe wood & accessories...that's my personal preference). Comparing with Warren, I think Mi Casa location is better, quieter and it's a brand new development. But the price and the kind of materials offered don't seem to gel.....

The Warren unit that I viewed has very nice marble flooring in the living room and toilets. As mentioned previously, my personal preference and perception of 'better quality' materials are marble flooring (at least for the living room, and a bonus if the toilet walls are also of marble), solid wood for wardrobe and kitchen cabinets and more durable internal gadgets/accessories for drawers, etc.

Homogenous/ceramic tiles are to me; 'low quality', especially for a condo unit that costs close to $1M. It's difficult for me to commit to plonk down so much $$$ when it offers only these kind of materials.

I stay on a lower flower in Blk 59, 4-br. Convenience was the main reason to move there 2-yrs ago as well as general layout of pools etc.

Overlook condo entrance, pool, clubhouse, bus i'change entrance though the MRT is far enough away not to hear unless the wind blows a certain way at a certain time.

The noise can get a bit much at times, especially after a long day but at night i close up to get some rest from the noise and wind down for bed.....also, wind drops to zero after dark and it can get a bit warm inside - the blocks directly opposite the main entrance i think are cooler at night.

The windows are great, really great.....cut out a lot of noise for night time.

For some reason we have a faulty window in one room letting water in when it rains heavily. Also one wall in our main room seems to suffer water ingress from the main wall outside. Cannot see cracks or anything so at the moment no idea where it's coming from and will get that checked soon.

Some of the wood in the kitchen cabinets, and those of some of the built in wardrobes are beginning to show signs of age. Some of the drawer runners no longer fit, for some strange reason.

The main a/c blower in the main room needs to be constantly cleaned. One of the service guys told me it was a design flaw in the layout of the drainage pipes that causes them to always "furr-up" and the unit in the master bedroom is the same, though not as bad.

Overall.......7/10

Nice condo ground and I like the way they layout the pools and jacuzzis...

Was considering The Warren but maybe my timing was bad because it was around the same time that Mi Casa did their launch and interest in cck spiked...

Almost all available units in the The Warren were snapped up even before I had the opportunity to view them.... which even my agent felt was weird because there were a lot of listings in his company's data base in the months prior to that....

I visited the neighboring development, Northvale instead but somehow the layout just feels dated and pales in comparison to The Warren.....

seems like the warren not that popular...

Actaully for The Warren, it largely depends which unit you are interested. I had viewed units that face dthe highway and the noise is unbearable unless you close all windows (which is sound proof) and on the aircon. This is not possible at all.

Thus, you should choose units that faced the pools (including the balcony). I am currently living in Blk 49 and would say that the noise is still bearable except that the dust that is casued by the buses and MRT may be a bit more as my blk/unit is not blocked by any buildings. This is a small price to pay if you want to live near all amenities.

Comparing the prices offered by MiCasa and The Warren, I would say that The Warren is still a better buy and a hsort walking distance to interchange (especially when raining) and eateries.

Quote Originally Posted by RacNic
    Actaully for The Warren, it largely depends which unit you are interested. I had viewed units that face dthe highway and the noise is unbearable unless you close all windows (which is sound proof) and on the aircon. This is not possible at all.

Thus, you should choose units that faced the pools (including the balcony). I am currently living in Blk 49 and would say that the noise is still bearable except that the dust that is casued by the buses and MRT may be a bit more as my blk/unit is not blocked by any buildings. This is a small price to pay if you want to live near all amenities.

Comparing the prices offered by MiCasa and The Warren, I would say that The Warren is still a better buy and a hsort walking distance to interchange (especially when raining) and eateries.
    So, u must be staying at unit 20/23 as these 2 units get "direct hit" of the noise from the buses. Is lower floor less affected?

So, u must be staying at unit 20/23 as these 2 units get "direct hit" of the noise from the buses. Is lower floor less affected?
    Maybe as sounds travel but the noise level is not as bad as if you are staying right besides the MRT track (which I had experienced before).

It is still bearable but it is a small price to pay ( in my own opinion) for the conveniences, which is why I choose to buy The Warren in the first place. For those who like the quietness, then The Warren and Northvale may not be suitable for them as the traffic (including human) is quite heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by RacNic
    Maybe as sounds travel but the noise level is not as bad as if you are staying right besides the MRT track (which I had experienced before).

It is still bearable but it is a small price to pay ( in my own opinion) for the conveniences, which is why I choose to buy The Warren in the first place. For those who like the quietness, then The Warren and Northvale may not be suitable for them as the traffic (including human) is quite heavy.
    I have visited Blk 41 before. It is the best facing as Living and all the 3 bed rooms are inward unblock facing pool view. The unit is far from MRT track and not directly facing the road. Only set back is the kitchen is a bit dark as the light is being blocked. The agent shows me the last one year transaction price was above $700k for 1216 sqf size or above $600/sqf. The $ per SQF is higher than other block as agent told me this is due to premium facing and location.

Quote Originally Posted by HCL
    I have visited Blk 41 before. It is the best facing as Living and all the 3 bed rooms are inward unblock facing pool view. The unit is far from MRT track and not directly facing the road. Only set back is the kitchen is a bit dark as the light is being blocked. The agent shows me the last one year transaction price was above $700k for 1216 sqf size or above $600/sqf. The $ per SQF is higher than other block as agent told me this is due to premium facing and location.
    I think the blk you are referring faces the lap pool which is indeed unblocked and a bit far from the noises . Anyway, The Warren has quite a number of layouts for 2-bedder and 3 bedder. Mayb, u can ask your agent to show another layout for those blks that face the long lap pool. I bought my resale unit two years ago at about 470/psf which I know that I would not be able to get this kind of price anymore (somemore with amenities/transportation) nearby... Look at Mi Casa price........