Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Warren - sharing of info

Quote Originally Posted by RacNic
    I think the blk you are referring faces the lap pool which is indeed unblocked and a bit far from the noises . Anyway, The Warren has quite a number of layouts for 2-bedder and 3 bedder. Mayb, u can ask your agent to show another layout for those blks that face the long lap pool. I bought my resale unit two years ago at about 470/psf which I know that I would not be able to get this kind of price anymore (somemore with amenities/transportation) nearby... Look at Mi Casa price........
    Wah! If yours is mid to low floor, you are actually buying it at developer's price (after discount) in 2001 ! You are really lucky !

Quote Originally Posted by vale
    Wah! If yours is mid to low floor, you are actually buying it at developer's price (after discount) in 2001 ! You are really lucky !
    Yeah, I totally agree with you. I am lucky i guess cos the unit is also very well maintained....

Yeah, I totally agree with you. I am lucky i guess cos the unit is also very well maintained....
    It's impossible to get a 3 bedrm one at $500psf now ! Too bad, the developer didn't want to release the unit we choose during launch in 2001, so end up didn't buy although all the paperwork have already been prepared. It's really a good buy at that time.

Now, thinking of upsizing, so looking around either within Northvale or Warren for a 3bedrm or a 2+study. Anyone interested to sell can PM me.

Yesterday visited Warren for the first time (no mood to visit after being "rejected" in 2001). Glad that my choice of the stack in 2001 was correct, it is still the top few best unit in the devt. Even the agent admit so. The open house stack was just next to my 2001's choice. Somebody offer him $565psf and waiting there for the open house to end. Since got offer, I left, no point bidding with another person.

Felt that the place is very cramp, compared to Northvale. Even the walkway in the devt also quite narrow, u are almost like walking at the edge of the swimming pool. There seems no way for kids to ride a bike within the garden, I guess they got to ride on the road surrounding the devt ! To those who like water/swim, this is a good place, with so many pools.

Btw, the fountain near the lap pool is noisy, I wonder if they switched it off at nite, similar to the one at the main entrance. The units nearby must be wearing hearing protection all day!

Surprisingly the units at block 41, 45 and left-side of 47 are so soothingly quiet. The space in front (lap pool) let u feel a sense of relieve from the lack of space in the central and eastern side of the devt.

Yesterday visited Warren for the first time (no mood to visit after being "rejected" in 2001). Glad that my choice of the stack in 2001 was correct, it is still the top few best unit in the devt. Even the agent admit so. The open house stack was just next to my 2001's choice. Somebody offer him $565psf and waiting there for the open house to end. Since got offer, I left, no point bidding with another person.

Felt that the place is very cramp, compared to Northvale. Even the walkway in the devt also quite narrow, u are almost like walking at the edge of the swimming pool. There seems no way for kids to ride a bike within the garden, I guess they got to ride on the road surrounding the devt ! To those who like water/swim, this is a good place, with so many pools.

Btw, the fountain near the lap pool is noisy, I wonder if they switched it off at nite, similar to the one at the main entrance. The units nearby must be wearing hearing protection all day!

Surprisingly the units at block 41, 45 and left-side of 47 are so soothingly quiet. The space in front (lap pool) let u feel a sense of relieve from the lack of space in the central and eastern side of the devt.

I went to view Warren Penthouse yesterday afternoon, Blk 59.
    It is a 4 bedder, single storey with balcony that stretches from the living area to the master bedroom. Wastage of balcony space, with noon sun.
    It was move in condition, as in no need to renovate, but nothing to shout about, doesn't even feel like a penthouse at all - looks more like a normal 4 bedder unit to me if you take away that long stretch of balcony. with noon sun, and worst still, it faces other units, cluttered feeling.
    Owner asking for 930k for 1650 sq ft of this penthouse. They rejected previous offer at 850k, and 900k. I pressed on to ask about the bank valuation, agent said the way the bank valuate the place is not accurate etc , I pressed on further, she said bank valuation is about 880k-910k.

Warren has nice pools etc .. but the estate is way too cluttered.

Yes, the lap pool is often quiet for most of the time. Even if there any people swimming, it is usually serious swimmers who are doing laps in the pool.

As for the fountain near the lap pool, it is indeed "noisy" if you want to call it but to us, who are staying nearby, it is like living in a resort with a "waterfall" kind of feeling.

Acutally, when someone asked me earlier if the nosies created by the buses in the interchange is unbearable, I am at a loss too as I dont seem to hear that much of the noises... Is it because I am too used to the noises that I did not realise it? I asked myself?

Then, I try to stand at the balcony and realised that it is actually the noise of the fountain that minimise the noises projected by the buses. Mayb not many pple can take it but it is still acceptable for me.

FYI, the fountain will be switched on at 11am every day and off at 10.00pm every night.

However, I do agree that the walkway is indeed too cramp and not much space to cycle except the area near the fitness corner (under the MRT track). Again, the question is, what are you looking for when buying a property......

Hi

I'm also a warren resident. For kids wanting to cycle, there is a running/cycling track just behind the 2 Tennis Courts. Guess i dun think much house agents bother to bring buyers to there to see, thus not many outsiders knew it. The area is directly underneath the MRT tracks.

IMO, it's better to buy warren unit than micasa if we look into the pricing factor alone. In terms of distance, warren is nearer to lot 1/mrt station than micasa. For residents of micasa, they have to cross the major town road.

Default Nice condo grounds..

Whoah... seems like there are a few Warren owners around here...

I was looking at this development a few months back... Nice condo grounds and I particularly like those individual jacuzzi pavilions. Very convenient in terms of proximity to the MRT/ Interchange and the shopping mall.

Unfortunately due to the "Mi Casa" effect, Warren also suddenly became very hot and sellers started to up their asking compared to the few months before the launch of Mi Casa despite all the economic data telling us that we are in a "deep recession"....

Ya, I visited the jogging track (as labelled in the sitemap inside the brochure in 2001) under the MRT track. Kind of small, not much space for kids to play badminton/basketball/football/cycle safely. I actually saw 1 ang moh who brought her kids all the way to CCK park to cycle when I walk back home.

If yr kids like to swim, this is really a good place, with kids activity pool. And there are 3 Jacuzzi Pavilions for those who like some aqua massage, plus 1 main pool and a lap pool to swim.

Personally, feel very stuffy inside Warren ground, too congested. Btw, also visited Maysprings last weekend, feel so much better with the open spaces, just like Northvale. May be I'm a bit Claustrophobic

Ya, unfortunately the price increased a lot now due to Micasa and P1 registration (within 1km of South View/ De La Salle). If I were to buy Warren, it will definitely be due to price (when it drops), else, I would rather consider upsize within Northvale.

Btw, I'm looking either to upsize my unit and/or buy another unit for investment purpose, so looking at both big and small units and several areas at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwrx
    Whoah... seems like there are a few Warren owners around here...

I was looking at this development a few months back... Nice condo grounds and I particularly like those individual jacuzzi pavilions. Very convenient in terms of proximity to the MRT/ Interchange and the shopping mall.

Unfortunately due to the "Mi Casa" effect, Warren also suddenly became very hot and sellers started to up their asking compared to the few months before the launch of Mi Casa despite all the economic data telling us that we are in a "deep recession"....
    Yeah, becasue the selling price of Mi Casa is so much higher. In addiiton, I also find that the kitchen in Mi Casa too small for comfort with the basin located outside the toilet (at the kitchen) instead of in the toilet, although the rooms are well spacious.

Ya, I visited the jogging track (as labelled in the sitemap inside the brochure in 2001) under the MRT track. Kind of small, not much space for kids to play badminton/basketball/football/cycle safely. I actually saw 1 ang moh who brought her kids all the way to CCK park to cycle when I walk back home.

If yr kids like to swim, this is really a good place, with kids activity pool. And there are 3 Jacuzzi Pavilions for those who like some aqua massage, plus 1 main pool and a lap pool to swim.

Personally, feel very stuffy inside Warren ground, too congested. Btw, also visited Maysprings last weekend, feel so much better with the open spaces, just like Northvale. May be I'm a bit Claustrophobic

Ya, unfortunately the price increased a lot now due to Micasa and P1 registration (within 1km of South View/ De La Salle). If I were to buy Warren, it will definitely be due to price (when it drops), else, I would rather consider upsize within Northvale.

Btw, I'm looking either to upsize my unit and/or buy another unit for investment purpose, so looking at both big and small units and several areas at the same time.

Will people buy Mi Casa just because of South View and De La Salle school ? I mean, these are not top notch schools or cream of the crop , but def are the better ones in this area .. but will that be a major selling point or a just a fringe benefit ?

Mi casa - not even built yet so can't see what the actual thing looks like , esp it is commanding such a high price .. Warren def better buy.

I stayed in Maysprings before. The 2 blocks are quite a distance to each other. One of the setback the garden is not so friendly to kids and senior citizens. There are many staircase and the garden / pool are split into few levels.

I am a frequent visitors to Northvale and Warren. It is true that the Warren is congested during weekend (actually same as Northvale which was very crowed during weekend). The development has a 3 big pools (lap pool (12 x 35m), main pool, kid pool and fun pool) with total of 1800+ sqm pools size, which is considered quite big compare with other developments. The tradeoff is the cut back the garden space. Northvale outside look nicer than Warren but the quality and finishing is so so... I visited Warren during weekday at night and find it is quite peaceful. This is espcially so for those blocks beside lap pool. The lighting is beautify at night.

Yes. i been to many condos these yrs and IMO warren has one of the niciest pool scene esp. at nite within the west/west-central part of the island.

Quote Originally Posted by HCL
    I stayed in Maysprings before. The 2 blocks are quite a distance to each other. One of the setback the garden is not so friendly to kids and senior citizens. There are many staircase and the garden / pool are split into few levels.

I am a frequent visitors to Northvale and Warren. It is true that the Warren is congested during weekend (actually same as Northvale which was very crowed during weekend). The development has a 3 big pools (lap pool (12 x 35m), main pool, kid pool and fun pool) with total of 1800+ sqm pools size, which is considered quite big compare with other developments. The tradeoff is the cut back the garden space. Northvale outside look nicer than Warren but the quality and finishing is so so... I visited Warren during weekday at night and find it is quite peaceful. This is espcially so for those blocks beside lap pool. The lighting is beautify at night.

Quote Originally Posted by beverly
    Will people buy Mi Casa just because of South View and De La Salle school ? I mean, these are not top notch schools or cream of the crop , but def are the better ones in this area .. but will that be a major selling point or a just a fringe benefit ?

Mi casa - not even built yet so can't see what the actual thing looks like , esp it is commanding such a high price .. Warren def better buy.
    I'm referring to Warren, not Micasa, I think the price increase is driven by Micasa fever and P1 registration (in 2 months time).

Usually, if one stay at a place long enough, he just don't wanna move out of the area, as such, rather move within the area and preferably near a relatively good school if the kids are due for P1. I think that's also the reason u are looking at CCK/Hillview/Bt Timah area and not other corners of S'pore.

Side track a bit, I think I rather be the "cream" of a neighbourhood school than a "residue" of a elite school. The psychological effect is much desirable on the learning journey . So, no point fighting for a place in elite school and suffer, well, unless yr kid is a genius and remain so for all 6 years in the school.

Quote Originally Posted by zoros
    Yes. i been to many condos these yrs and IMO warren has one of the niciest pool scene esp. at nite within the west/west-central part of the island.
    I agree with HCL and Zoro, swimmers will love Warren. And I like the blocks around the lap pool too, quiet and relaxing feel .

I don't know abt others, if I were to choose a resort, I would rather find one with a view of open sea or view of grassland/paddyfield, definitely not a little congested garden with swimming pool. So, to me, Warren has little "resort" feel" , but squeezee leh!

HCL, if u were to look around in Northvale, u will see that there are many open spaces for many activities, as such, it may not be as crowded as Warren (just compare the area of open spaces, u will know). There is definitely a wide open area between each block, be it a swimming pool, grass patch, playground, basketball court, putting green etc. Kids can also cycle around the estate and within the estate in a safe environment (not on the road).

For Maysprings, although the garden is not elderly/kid-friendly (landscaping also sub-standard), it's still a big open space that u seldom find in any new devt. Hmm.... big open space, could it mean better chance of en-block in future......?

The3 current land in Maysprings can build up to 3.0 plot ratio according to 2008 Master Plan. If current Maysprings plot ratio is 2.1 or below, it shall have better chance of en block in the future espcially after Down Town MRT line is up in 2005.

I agree with HCL and Zoro, swimmers will love Warren. And I like the blocks around the lap pool too, quiet and relaxing feel .

I don't know abt others, if I were to choose a resort, I would rather find one with a view of open sea or view of grassland/paddyfield, definitely not a little congested garden with swimming pool. So, to me, Warren has little "resort" feel" , but squeezee leh!

HCL, if u were to look around in Northvale, u will see that there are many open spaces for many activities, as such, it may not be as crowded as Warren (just compare the area of open spaces, u will know). There is definitely a wide open area between each block, be it a swimming pool, grass patch, playground, basketball court, putting green etc. Kids can also cycle around the estate and within the estate in a safe environment (not on the road).

For Maysprings, although the garden is not elderly/kid-friendly (landscaping also sub-standard), it's still a big open space that u seldom find in any new devt. Hmm.... big open space, could it mean better chance of en-block in future......?
    Personally, for me, I would still prefer a development with baclony (of cos must be big enough to put in chairs and table for relaxation) as it would provide a little more "resort" feeling. That is why I would still prefer warren to northvale.

I'm referring to Warren, not Micasa, I think the price increase is driven by Micasa fever and P1 registration (in 2 months time).

Usually, if one stay at a place long enough, he just don't wanna move out of the area, as such, rather move within the area and preferably near a relatively good school if the kids are due for P1. I think that's also the reason u are looking at CCK/Hillview/Bt Timah area and not other corners of S'pore.

Side track a bit, I think I rather be the "cream" of a neighbourhood school than a "residue" of a elite school. The psychological effect is much desirable on the learning journey . So, no point fighting for a place in elite school and suffer, well, unless yr kid is a genius and remain so for all 6 years in the school.
    Yes, agree that no point being the last in a good school.
    Rather be a big fish in a small pond.

I am thinking of renting out my CCK point block and buying another units elsewhere to be nearer BT since that is their future pri school. I dun have much choice with the schools since I dun do volunteer work and dun believe in buying a place 1 km to school just to secure a place .
    Pri registration in Jul.

Quote Originally Posted by beverly
    Yes, agree that no point being the last in a good school.
    Rather be a big fish in a small pond.

I am thinking of renting out my CCK point block and buying another units elsewhere to be nearer BT since that is their future pri school. I dun have much choice with the schools since I dun do volunteer work and dun believe in buying a place 1 km to school just to secure a place .
    Pri registration in Jul.
    Is that legal

Same as me, just happen to be 1km away, so ballot for fun and got it . I rather the kids go to a nearby school than to travel miles away for a good school, too tiring !

The3 current land in Maysprings can build up to 3.0 plot ratio according to 2008 Master Plan. If current Maysprings plot ratio is 2.1 or below, it shall have better chance of en block in the future espcially after Down Town MRT line is up in 2005.
    It's 2015.

Hmm..... sure can consider ....

Cashew Heights, Hazel Park Condo, Diary Farm and Maysprings are likely candidates for upwards plot ratio revision come 2013(next masterplan). Hazel not so likely as it faces MINDEF directly, Diary Farm may have height restriction as it is too close to Diary Farm Park and Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. That leave you with Cashew Heights and Maysprings as likely contenders. Both developments sit on huge piece of land. Do your homework. Your guess is as good as mine which one will be picked.

Quote Originally Posted by moneymatters
    Cashew Heights, Hazel Park Condo, Diary Farm and Maysprings are likely candidates for upwards plot ratio revision come 2013(next masterplan). Hazel not so likely as it faces MINDEF directly, Diary Farm may have height restriction as it is too close to Diary Farm Park and Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. That leave you with Cashew Heights and Maysprings as likely contenders. Both developments sit on huge piece of land. Do your homework. Your guess is as good as mine which one will be picked.
    Thanks for the info. I think Cashew Heights is further in, and it's 999, and does not have small units, so I would rather seek a unit in Maysprings (location, location, location) and can hold on for long term even without rental.

Ops, this is a Warren thread .... sorry..

Quote Originally Posted by moneymatters
    What I understand Cashew Heights, Diary Farm and some other developments around that areas were talking for en bloc 2 years ago but did not materialized due to the down turn of property market last year. What I heard the residents in Diary Farm has a strong objection of en block. I am not sure what was the results in Cashew after the en block survey. If Cashew Height plot ratio can revise to 2.8 or more from current 2.1 (2008 Master Plan), the chance to get through will be higher.

What I understand Cashew Heights, Diary Farm and some other developments around that areas were talking for en bloc 2 years ago but did not materialized due to the down turn of property market last year. What I heard the residents in Diary Farm has a strong objection of en block. I am not sure what was the results in Cashew after the en block survey. If Cashew Height plot ratio can revise to 2.8 or more from current 2.1 (2008 Master Plan), the chance to get through will be higher.

I read about the objection in DF on the en bloc somewhere too.
    however anyone knows what is the price per psf for enbloc ?
    note that good luck garden enbloc price was about 480 psf.
    my friend in construction told me that the selling price will factor in
    another $200-3++ psf . so if enbloc price is 600 psf, which means the new
    condo built at that en bloc site will cost at least 600 + 200-3xx psf = 800-900 psf min. ??
    if so, when buy at say 650 psf, can't earn from it ? Can enlighten me on this ?

I'm not in construction biz, but common sense tells me:

If a devt has 10 units of 1000 sqft each and because of revised plot ratio, it can now build 15 units.

If the en-bloc price is $600psf, developer pays to residents: 10X1000X600 =$6,000,000.

If construction cost of each new unit is $300psf, 15X1000X300 = $4,500,000

So, at breakeven, developer needs to sell each new unit at $(6,000,000+4,500,000)/15 = $700,000 or at $700psf

Because no. of current units and future units are different, u can't just simply add the psf.

I have always been the creme de la creme in the elite skool of OKTs

Personally, for me, I would still prefer a development with baclony (of cos must be big enough to put in chairs and table for relaxation) as it would provide a little more "resort" feeling. That is why I would still prefer warren to northvale.

I thought the balcony was a great idea for this too, sitting outside in the breeze to have a coffee and read the paper etc. but as soon as step outside, i don't know i feel like everybody's watching me. It's a bit scary actually maybe given opposite units are so close.

Basically balcony is now only used to dry clothes and for my 2-yr old to have his little waterplay.

What I understand Cashew Heights, Diary Farm and some other developments around that areas were talking for en bloc 2 years ago but did not materialized due to the down turn of property market last year. What I heard the residents in Diary Farm has a strong objection of en block.

I had heard the DF owners were really against enbloc, fiercely so in some cases. I think DF has many owner/occupier so they have plenty space and a community feel.

I went to have a look around a unit there a few months back. Whilst the one unit i did see was very bad, old and neglected with a backside on DF Road, the actual development would have been great for my little boy. A short walk to the Railway Mall and of course the ucoming MRT line with a stop just outside.

Obviously in the shorter term that means a lot of construction and headaches together with really bad traffic but maybe longer term is still a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Snail
    I thought the balcony was a great idea for this too, sitting outside in the breeze to have a coffee and read the paper etc. but as soon as step outside, i don't know i feel like everybody's watching me. It's a bit scary actually maybe given opposite units are so close.

Basically balcony is now only used to dry clothes and for my 2-yr old to have his little waterplay.
    Yeah, initial, I was abit self conscious too but after a while, u will get used to it as everybidy mind their own business and not many pple stands on the balcony looking at one another.

Anyway, for me, a good indciation that a new owner has taken over a unit is seeing them standing at the balcony "admiring" the views (which we initial did, haha).

Yeah, initial, I was abit self conscious too but after a while, u will get used to it as everybidy mind their own business and not many pple stands on the balcony looking at one another.

Anyway, for me, a good indciation that a new owner has taken over a unit is seeing them standing at the balcony "admiring" the views (which we initial did, haha).
    So are you part of Warren family?