Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Sterling

Quote Originally Posted by AK47
    Yield seem bad for this area. Barely 3%.

$4,500 for 1500sqft...

short term rental yield is definitely bad but the potential long term capital yield because of the factors discussed earlier would be hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by spikey69
    didn't hear anything abt sterling...now checking with guys living there.

but it doesn't make sense to en bloc - sterling is just 10 yrs old and what kind of premium price can they draw anyway?

My sentiment too. No commercial sense, at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by satomilton
    Just my first hand experience to share. Have been living in a rental unit at maple woods since April 2010 saraca court. Can confirm that no floods happened here, at least at this car park block, since then.
    Someone told me that Maple Woods has good cockroach problem, is it true. Not sure what he meant, but can only only tink that there are more cockroaches than normal...true or not?

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Someone told me that Maple Woods has good cockroach problem, is it true. Not sure what he meant, but can only only tink that there are more cockcroaches than normal...true or not?
    Icon.sail aso got bugs problem......

tat tenant nvr take care the hse la....call pest control can solve the problem liao

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Icon.sail aso got bugs problem......

tat tenant nvr take care the hse la....call pest control can solve the problem liao
    guess, just have to do more regular control if got bugs problem....

Default Maplewoods

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-lp78QLJ7A

watch this video shot outside maplewoods.

see the guys walking by and the water is up to his calves. even if the carparks are not flooded, you want to live in this condo?
    See, I live at saraca court in a rental. As such have no real incentive to keep it's reputation etc but the video above may convey too drastic of a situation as the footage taken on bukit timah rd, entrance of the condo but it is not flooding inside condo.

Default Roaches

guess, just have to do more regular control if got bugs problem....
    Living on a Low floor I can say there are more coach roaches then I'd like. We have used the grocery store type pest control which helped but some still there especially at T the laundry area.

At least no ants as ones I used to battle with in another unit at st Thomas walk.

nice condo.....big pool and gym....not run down at all
    Generally nice environment, quiet and peaceful.
    Heard the resident committee is very on the ball.

Someone told me that Maple Woods has good cockroach problem, is it true. Not sure what he meant, but can only only tink that there are more cockroaches than normal...true or not?
    Is it because the cockroaches homes got flooded? so cockroaches have to run up?
    I remembered whenever neighbours do renovations, my house will have lots of cockroaches. all their hiding places disturbed.

I was studying the possibility of amalgamation of vacant plots to the left and right of Sterling. As if it happens the potential of Sterling is very good.

Extracted from a SLA document.

"Remnant lands are small and/or irregularly shaped plots of State Lands.

Due to their size and shape, there are limited uses for such lands. To
    optimise the use of State Lands, the Government may encourage or
    require developers of adjoining lands to purchase and amalgamate such
    lands into their projects."

However on closer inspection i realised the empty land are pretty large by its own. Its neither small and/or irregularly shaped. I doubt URA would allow it to be amalgamated.

Quote Originally Posted by ymgsterling
    Generally nice environment, quiet and peaceful.
    Heard the resident committee is very on the ball.
    The security ic is also damn on the ball...which is good.

btw, sterling built by FEO.....quality still goodie after 10yrs

duno y many condemn FEO quality wor...

i simply love their worksmanship.....personally witnessed lakeshore, vida, icon, clift.....

btw, sterling built by FEO.....quality still goodie after 10yrs

duno y many condemn FEO quality wor...

i simply love their worksmanship.....personally witnessed lakeshore, vida, icon, clift.....
    for this particular project, i agree. For their recent projects, the finishing better be good - they charge a premium over others in the area!

The security ic is also damn on the ball...which is good.
    I heard a lot of residents get into "trouble" with him. Sometimes
    he does more than required. On the wrong ball?

I heard a lot of residents get into "trouble" with him. Sometimes
    he does more than required. On the wrong ball?
    so far so good with him...if u flout the rules, of course, get into trouble la.

been monitoring the price movment, noted that asking price is between $1,400 to $1,500 now. One the ad., even noted that this is valuation price.
    What are your thoughts?

been monitoring the price movment, noted that asking price is between $1,400 to $1,500 now. One the ad., even noted that this is valuation price.
    What are your thoughts?
    Unrealistic asking px, but i lovin it...hahaha

Unrealistic asking px, but i lovin it...hahaha
    Haha! i asked which bank quoted that, agent can't reply.

Quote Originally Posted by satomilton
    Living on a Low floor I can say there are more coach roaches then I'd like. We have used the grocery store type pest control which helped but some still there especially at T the laundry area.

At least no ants as ones I used to battle with in another unit at st Thomas walk.

I actually have the opposite problem at MW..... we had a few roaches in the first year but we've not seen any now in a while but we got a lot more ants - ground floor. We just started tackling that problem now.

Flooding, none recently.

Next problem is the Access Hole for the DTL2 TBM right outside and MW now organising a petition to have it moved. Problem is mostly about the number of kids walking to MGS that will have to walk along the new footpath on the new bit of road installed above the river. The current footpath along MW boundary is to get dug up and nobody till recently told MW management. There's also a problem of a 3-Way bottleneck being planned for BT Road, MW and Truck Access to the hole.

I don't have/use Facebook but anyone that does can find the details on the MW petition page.

Sterling now is in the better position till construction is complete.

Went down to Casa Esperanza and Sterling yesterday in the late morning for some errands. Thankfully, the exit from Blackmore down to Bt Timah Road to Clementi Road was not blocked by the floods.

It appears that the flood prone area lies between Blackmore (not inclusive) all the way down to Tessarina. This means Maplewoods, Cascadia, Floridian, Nexus are all affected....

Yah. Flood prone area. But at least u have some comfort that the carpark of Sterling is not flooded lor. At least FEO has some conscience to plan the drainage properly and effectively within the condo compound. Outside the condo is not within the developer's control.

Went down to Casa Esperanza and Sterling yesterday in the late morning for some errands. Thankfully, the exit from Blackmore down to Bt Timah Road to Clementi Road was not blocked by the floods.

It appears that the flood prone area lies between Blackmore (not inclusive) all the way down to Tessarina. This means Maplewoods, Cascadia, Floridian, Nexus are all affected....

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Yah. Flood prone area. But at least u have some comfort that the carpark of Sterling is not flooded lor. At least FEO has some conscience to plan the drainage properly and effectively within the condo compound. Outside the condo is not within the developer's control.
    You're right...someone in FEO had the foresight to build just that bit higher that Bt Timah Road. But if the flood waters really reach the height of the entrance to Sterling, that's it!

But can you imagine the feelings of those who have purchased Cascadia?

You're right...someone in FEO had the foresight to build just that bit higher that Bt Timah Road. But if the flood waters really reach the height of the entrance to Sterling, that's it!

But can you imagine the feelings of those who have purchased Cascadia?

many moons ago ... bkt timah was a swamp
    the canal was built, land raised .. that the reason why the rows of landed on both side of bkt timah + dunearn have reserve land within their compound ... just in case the day come when govt need to raised the land ...they will take back that strip of reserve land ...

things have improved alot since ... but we are seeing a return of flood in that stretch ...

i wonder , apart from the schools there ... how can D11 still be prime ?

Can the mrt help? The water diverted into the tunnels up to track level. Still ok right?

I think the mrt tunnel should be converted to drainage system to support the long kang.

Ok, seriously, did Tessarina's new flood gates and warning signals work this time?

With these floods, the houses and condos are all affected one way or another, but I don't see anyone exiting/cashing out. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    I think the mrt tunnel should be converted to drainage system to support the long kang.

Ok, seriously, did Tessarina's new flood gates and warning signals work this time?

With these floods, the houses and condos are all affected one way or another, but I don't see anyone exiting/cashing out. Why?
    Based on the news reports, Tessarina survived. Wilby Road was raised by a metre and the surrounding storm drains beside and under Tessarina were deepened. They survived this round of floods.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Bukit Timah is D10 (not D11) right?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    the canal was built, land raised .. that the reason why the rows of landed on both side of bkt timah + dunearn have reserve land within their compound ... just in case the day come when govt need to raised the land ...they will take back that strip of reserve land ...

things have improved alot since ... but we are seeing a return of flood in that stretch ...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear

hhhmmm now you make me wonder too ...

i think some part is D10 and some part D11 ...

classified ads also use D11/21 right ?

hhhmmm now you make me wonder too ...

i think some part is D10 and some part D11 ...

classified ads also use D11/21 right ?
    from tessarina is D10, after tat is D21 until around sterling

shelford area is D11