Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 198

Thread: The Sterling

  1. #41

    Default

    blossomvale is over at dunearn with an entrace at sim darby to MRT
    might be a dark horse but again 10 year old condo, but surrounding area is more uncertain

    Could you elaborate why darkhorse? Darkhorse: "candidate who is not well known but could win unexpectedly".

    looking at masterplan: it has plot ration of 1.95 but has Mayfair Park on one side (99LH, 4 storeys) with 1.4 and the empty KTM land behind also 1.4 (likely to be part of land swap?) and Sime Darby/BMW zoned commercial at 1.8 on the right.

    The MRT entrance appear to be under constrcution at the side near Sime Darby as mentioned.

    Doesn't look too bad.

  2. #42

    Default

    yup, he probably meant undervalued/greater potential and that's even before u mentioned the higher plot ratio. now, its an even darker horse.

    Quote Originally Posted by livenlove
    blossomvale is over at dunearn with an entrace at sim darby to MRT
    might be a dark horse but again 10 year old condo, but surrounding area is more uncertain

    Could you elaborate why darkhorse? Darkhorse: "candidate who is not well known but could win unexpectedly".

    looking at masterplan: it has plot ration of 1.95 but has Mayfair Park on one side (99LH, 4 storeys) with 1.4 and the empty KTM land behind also 1.4 (likely to be part of land swap?) and Sime Darby/BMW zoned commercial at 1.8 on the right.

    The MRT entrance appear to be under constrcution at the side near Sime Darby as mentioned.

    Doesn't look too bad.

  3. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leslens
    too close to MRT is a strict NO NO
    in that aspect sterling can expect noise (not from train since its underground) but from masses of people utilising the MRT (school hours and wat not)

    maple is a good location but it is run down and seriously people will start to notice the cracks soon (i cant believe pple think maple is a good place to stay)

    blossomvale is over at dunearn with an entrace at sim darby to MRT
    might be a dark horse but again 10 year old condo, but surrounding area is more uncertain

    Nexus not many transactions, anyone knows why?

    Tessarina is D10 but too far to walk (past tan chong etc...)

    Cascadia/Flordian to pop up


    Oversupply or simply a hot spot?

    For Nexus, the outward units either face noisy Bukit Timah Road or Floridian construction at the back. The inward facing units face each other very closely....you can almost throw things into each other's house.

    Personally, I like the interior layout of the 3+1 but the poor facings, small plot of land and cramming with Cascadia and Floridian............

  4. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mamum
    so how abt casa esperanza? anyone has any opinions- very large units so very attractive to me but prices are too high..

    Plain exterior, relatively poor facilities. Large units means you have to pay higher quantum but good location and relatively low number of units perhaps make it attractive for enbloc.

  5. #45

    Default

    similar sentiments, its a pity because the interior layout for the 3+1 or even the 4 bedder are really quite alright!

    Quote Originally Posted by mm63
    For Nexus, the outward units either face noisy Bukit Timah Road or Floridian construction at the back. The inward facing units face each other very closely....you can almost throw things into each other's house.

    Personally, I like the interior layout of the 3+1 but the poor facings, small plot of land and cramming with Cascadia and Floridian............

  6. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by livenlove
    blossomvale is over at dunearn with an entrace at sim darby to MRT
    might be a dark horse but again 10 year old condo, but surrounding area is more uncertain

    Could you elaborate why darkhorse? Darkhorse: "candidate who is not well known but could win unexpectedly".

    looking at masterplan: it has plot ration of 1.95 but has Mayfair Park on one side (99LH, 4 storeys) with 1.4 and the empty KTM land behind also 1.4 (likely to be part of land swap?) and Sime Darby/BMW zoned commercial at 1.8 on the right.

    The MRT entrance appear to be under constrcution at the side near Sime Darby as mentioned.

    Doesn't look too bad.
    As agents will tell me, Blossomvale is Dunearn Road (hence should be cheaper) whereas the other condos across the road are BUKIT TIMAH if you care about such perceptions.

    Most sellers have adjusted their asking prices upwards to $1200+psf from $1000+psf since the building of the MRT station

    The bedrooms are quite big for the 3-rm units, which I like. They are generally bigger than condos across the road. High plot ratio is good for future enbloc

    Bad points are lousy gym, no sheltered walkway from the visitors' carpark to the main blocks, dunearn road address etc.

  7. #47

    Default

    Sorry, very new to all this.. hope someone can enlighten me...what does high plot ratio mean? large land size compared to number of units? ie not so crowded?

    I notice blossomvale is 999leasehold. Does that equate to lower potential value than freehold?

    Thanks

  8. #48

    Default

    correct me if i am wrong as i am no expert either:

    999 vs FH valuation difference is minimal or very slight. high plot ratio means upon en-bloc, it can be built higher or with more area and makes the existing plot of land more valuable.


    Quote Originally Posted by mamum
    Sorry, very new to all this.. hope someone can enlighten me...what does high plot ratio mean? large land size compared to number of units? ie not so crowded?

    I notice blossomvale is 999leasehold. Does that equate to lower potential value than freehold?

    Thanks

  9. #49

    Default

    mayfair gardens appears to be another "dark horse" if you are looking at rental yield...some nicely reno-ed units

  10. #50

    Default

    isn't that the one which has launched its en-bloc sale?


    Quote Originally Posted by spikey69
    mayfair gardens appears to be another "dark horse" if you are looking at rental yield...some nicely reno-ed units

Posting Permissions