Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sterling

Wink The Sterling

Hi owners, am looking for a unit at the sterling, willing to pay around 700psf. Private Message me for viewing if keen, thanks. No agents please.

$700 psf for bukit timah rd?? hahaha why don't you try upper bukit timah or hillview

Quote Originally Posted by orange
    $700 psf for bukit timah rd?? hahaha why don't you try upper bukit timah or hillview
    Dun laugh too soon, it is just 80psf away from last transacted and with bank valuations tightening, and credit conditions being weak, it is just a matter of time. In fact I am scared to offer this price cos during the previous recession it hit 600psf. I have caveats to prove it.

Oh. In that case, don't offer this price lah. Wait for $400 psf. Because this time is worse than last time. Now is mother of all recessions.

Quote Originally Posted by orange
    Oh. In that case, don't offer this price lah. Wait for $400 psf. Because this time is worse than last time. Now is mother of all recessions.
    I cannot wait 2 years to buy leh if not I will surely do so. That's why i scared to offer this price also, but no choice buying now have to pay the steep price of 700psf

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTan
    I cannot wait 2 years to buy leh if not I will surely do so. That's why i scared to offer this price also, but no choice buying now have to pay the steep price of 700psf
    if i remember Sterling location correctly ...

you can consider South haven II (FH) and Springdale (FH) ...i think their psf is slightly lower than 700 psf

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

you can consider South haven II (FH) and Springdale (FH) ...i think their psf is slightly lower than 700 psf
    Thanks Proud Owner, I have viewed over 50 projects and am aware of all their recent psf. that one should be worth around 500psf soon.

Thanks Proud Owner, I have viewed over 50 projects and am aware of all their recent psf. that one should be worth around 500psf soon.
    care to share your view on the south haven and springdale ?

i feel they have a better location than those in hillview

Both are 999, not FH.

care to share your view on the south haven and springdale ?

i feel they have a better location than those in hillview
    For 3 and 4 bedrooms, Southhaven has the bigger unit size, springdale smaller unit size.

Depends on what you like, wife does not like either, i prefer spirndale due to the koi ponds very relaxing.

how would southaven 2 drop to 500psf when it is near amenities n 999yr?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    how would southaven 2 drop to 500psf when it is near amenities n 999yr?
    $598 psf transacted in Feb-09. In this way, $500 psf is not impossible in time to come.

wow that means a 9xxsf unit costs on 4xxk. Are u saying that the price of 999yr southhaven can be cheaper than a 90sqm 4rm hdb flat beside westmall going for 475k? I think u dont seem to knw the market

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    wow that means a 9xxsf unit costs on 4xxk. Are u saying that the price of 999yr southhaven can be cheaper than a 90sqm 4rm hdb flat beside westmall going for 475k? I think u dont seem to knw the market
    ah that's where you fail to understand, not sure the 2 bedroom how large but will be much bigger than 9xxsqft. 3 bedroom is already 1440sqft and above.

Also 475k westmall hdb current price is 475k, 2 years confirm 300k plus must compare within the correct timeframe.

This is sterling thread, we should stick with discussing sterling and not discuss too much on other hillview condo Can always do it on the relevant thread

This is sterling thread, we should stick with discussing sterling and not discuss too much on other hillview condo Can always do it on the relevant thread
    if buying for own stay ... then wouldnt south haven / springdale be a better choice ? at least price -wise ?

one question that has always bugged me. Why are people paying $700-800psf for 99LH projects in the heartlands when they can get a FH condo in west coast for $600psf?

How do Singaporeans make their purchase decision?

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    one question that has always bugged me. Why are people paying $700-800psf for 99LH projects in the heartlands when they can get a FH condo in west coast for $600psf?

How do Singaporeans make their purchase decision?
    Maybe they wanna be near certain schools? near mrt? near certain amenities? near parents?

I think as of now, west coast is still not quite as accessible without a car unless u wanna take bus.

if buying for own stay ... then wouldnt south haven / springdale be a better choice ? at least price -wise ?
    I am like you, buy to stay but need to rent out in near future. So cannot consider springdale. BTW hows mahanttan, u staying mid town or downtown, if I go head office can look u up for tea!

I am like you, buy to stay but need to rent out in near future. So cannot consider springdale. BTW hows mahanttan, u staying mid town or downtown, if I go head office can look u up for tea!
    midtown 8 mins walk to central park ... 5 mins Times sq

downtown is quite a dead town ...apart from tourists going to see the WTC ruins ...Walls St ... ntg much ...

back to Sterling/Springdale ..to me if price diff is a lot ..i will go for cheaper one .. as these 2 really not much difference in terms of location ...

Quote Originally Posted by Autonomy
    Maybe they wanna be near certain schools? near mrt? near certain amenities? near parents?

I think as of now, west coast is still not quite as accessible without a car unless u wanna take bus.
    it really depends on which part of west coast yor are talking about ...
    the west side spans from South buona vista rd to end of west coast rd ..

if you are near SBV rd and clementi rd ..its very very accessible ... i used to live at SBV rd .. taking a bus from shenton way home took me total ..28 mins ... and soon MRT by 2010 ..

people always think it is damn far and ulu .. i recommend people go spend a few weekends there and explore .. you will like the peace , parks , amenities ...

rich man like him dun stay downtown or midtown one. he stay park ave or upper east or west side, overlooking central park. can see gwyneth paltrow and paris hilton jogging in the park. he has such a good view that he can see whether they wear sports bra or not his apartment is three levels, each level takes up the whole floorspace and his neighbours are robert de niro upstairs and jay leno downstairs.

poor me only got money to stay in pigeonhole in tribeca or china town my neighbours are Borat and ron jeremy. sometimes if I am lucky, can see annabelle chong re-enacting her 400 men marathon.

it really depends on which part of west coast yor are talking about ...
    the west side spans from South buona vista rd to end of west coast rd ..

if you are near SBV rd and clementi rd ..its very very accessible ... i used to live at SBV rd .. taking a bus from shenton way home took me total ..28 mins ... and soon MRT by 2010 ..

people always think it is damn far and ulu .. i recommend people go spend a few weekends there and explore .. you will like the peace , parks , amenities ...
    Yes I tend to agree on the peacefulness, the greeneries and the tranquility part. Who knows if what is suggested in the news is true, then west coast might be up and coming...

Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin
    rich man like him dun stay downtown or midtown one. he stay park ave or upper east or west side, overlooking central park. can see gwyneth paltrow and paris hilton jogging in the park. he has such a good view that he can see whether they wear sports bra or not his apartment is three levels, each level takes up the whole floorspace and his neighbours are robert de niro upstairs and jay leno downstairs.

poor me only got money to stay in pigeonhole in tribeca or china town my neighbours are Borat and ron jeremy. sometimes if I am lucky, can see annabelle chong re-enacting her 400 men marathon.
    sorry ah i not rich hor ...

and by the way park ave, madison ave, lexington ave ... upp east all not my choice location ... they are too 'high crass' and all pre-war houses ..look quaint on the outside like you see on movies and TV but inside very scarey .. no washer /dryer but common laundry room ..

also becos i watch too much of Haunting on discovery every sat night .. those prewar on the east side really frightens me ..

Quote Originally Posted by Autonomy
    Yes I tend to agree on the peacefulness, the greeneries and the tranquility part. Who knows if what is suggested in the news is true, then west coast might be up and coming...
    i really miss the peace and kent ridge park ..pepys hill area .. i still have a house there ... will never sell .. the back to kent ridge park..the front has sea view ... the early morning dew, insects and birds waking you ..and evening serenity ..cannot beat that ..can see cars but cannot hear them ..thats they beauty ..

Smile

midtown 8 mins walk to central park ... 5 mins Times sq

downtown is quite a dead town ...apart from tourists going to see the WTC ruins ...Walls St ... ntg much ...

back to Sterling/Springdale ..to me if price diff is a lot ..i will go for cheaper one .. as these 2 really not much difference in terms of location ...
    Mid town is great! I made the mistake of taking an express train and headed beyond my intended stop. Ride MRT too much until assume that the subway will stop at every station like how it does in SG.

I agree with you but also when the upturn comes, there is also a price difference upwards. Anyway Sterling or Nexus is my choice for now.

i really miss the peace and kent ridge park ..pepys hill area .. i still have a house there ... will never sell .. the back to kent ridge park..the front has sea view ... the early morning dew, insects and birds waking you ..and evening serenity ..cannot beat that ..can see cars but cannot hear them ..thats they beauty ..
    Yes pepys hill quite nice. At the end is a staircase leading down to hort park and also there is the boardwalk to kent ridge park. The apartment at the top call The Peak also very nice. Units are huge...

Looking for a unit in Sterling at least 1000sqft for less than 1mil. Main reason is 1km within MGS. Email me at [email protected]

haha.. sterling now calling for 1250psf! hope u have not missed the boat like me!!!

anyone looking at this condo lately...any indication of a do-able psf? seems like all the units have taken a step back to holding after the MRT station construction appeared right next to the tennis court and the railway track is supposed to disappear next year.