Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sterling

Wink The Sterling

Hi owners, am looking for a unit at the sterling, willing to pay around 700psf. Private Message me for viewing if keen, thanks. No agents please.

$700 psf for bukit timah rd?? hahaha why don't you try upper bukit timah or hillview

Quote Originally Posted by orange
    $700 psf for bukit timah rd?? hahaha why don't you try upper bukit timah or hillview
    Dun laugh too soon, it is just 80psf away from last transacted and with bank valuations tightening, and credit conditions being weak, it is just a matter of time. In fact I am scared to offer this price cos during the previous recession it hit 600psf. I have caveats to prove it.

Oh. In that case, don't offer this price lah. Wait for $400 psf. Because this time is worse than last time. Now is mother of all recessions.

Quote Originally Posted by orange
    Oh. In that case, don't offer this price lah. Wait for $400 psf. Because this time is worse than last time. Now is mother of all recessions.
    I cannot wait 2 years to buy leh if not I will surely do so. That's why i scared to offer this price also, but no choice buying now have to pay the steep price of 700psf

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTan
    I cannot wait 2 years to buy leh if not I will surely do so. That's why i scared to offer this price also, but no choice buying now have to pay the steep price of 700psf
    if i remember Sterling location correctly ...

you can consider South haven II (FH) and Springdale (FH) ...i think their psf is slightly lower than 700 psf

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

you can consider South haven II (FH) and Springdale (FH) ...i think their psf is slightly lower than 700 psf
    Thanks Proud Owner, I have viewed over 50 projects and am aware of all their recent psf. that one should be worth around 500psf soon.

Thanks Proud Owner, I have viewed over 50 projects and am aware of all their recent psf. that one should be worth around 500psf soon.
    care to share your view on the south haven and springdale ?

i feel they have a better location than those in hillview

Both are 999, not FH.

care to share your view on the south haven and springdale ?

i feel they have a better location than those in hillview
    For 3 and 4 bedrooms, Southhaven has the bigger unit size, springdale smaller unit size.

Depends on what you like, wife does not like either, i prefer spirndale due to the koi ponds very relaxing.

how would southaven 2 drop to 500psf when it is near amenities n 999yr?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    how would southaven 2 drop to 500psf when it is near amenities n 999yr?
    $598 psf transacted in Feb-09. In this way, $500 psf is not impossible in time to come.

wow that means a 9xxsf unit costs on 4xxk. Are u saying that the price of 999yr southhaven can be cheaper than a 90sqm 4rm hdb flat beside westmall going for 475k? I think u dont seem to knw the market

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    wow that means a 9xxsf unit costs on 4xxk. Are u saying that the price of 999yr southhaven can be cheaper than a 90sqm 4rm hdb flat beside westmall going for 475k? I think u dont seem to knw the market
    ah that's where you fail to understand, not sure the 2 bedroom how large but will be much bigger than 9xxsqft. 3 bedroom is already 1440sqft and above.

Also 475k westmall hdb current price is 475k, 2 years confirm 300k plus must compare within the correct timeframe.

This is sterling thread, we should stick with discussing sterling and not discuss too much on other hillview condo Can always do it on the relevant thread

This is sterling thread, we should stick with discussing sterling and not discuss too much on other hillview condo Can always do it on the relevant thread
    if buying for own stay ... then wouldnt south haven / springdale be a better choice ? at least price -wise ?

one question that has always bugged me. Why are people paying $700-800psf for 99LH projects in the heartlands when they can get a FH condo in west coast for $600psf?

How do Singaporeans make their purchase decision?

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    one question that has always bugged me. Why are people paying $700-800psf for 99LH projects in the heartlands when they can get a FH condo in west coast for $600psf?

How do Singaporeans make their purchase decision?
    Maybe they wanna be near certain schools? near mrt? near certain amenities? near parents?

I think as of now, west coast is still not quite as accessible without a car unless u wanna take bus.

if buying for own stay ... then wouldnt south haven / springdale be a better choice ? at least price -wise ?
    I am like you, buy to stay but need to rent out in near future. So cannot consider springdale. BTW hows mahanttan, u staying mid town or downtown, if I go head office can look u up for tea!

I am like you, buy to stay but need to rent out in near future. So cannot consider springdale. BTW hows mahanttan, u staying mid town or downtown, if I go head office can look u up for tea!
    midtown 8 mins walk to central park ... 5 mins Times sq

downtown is quite a dead town ...apart from tourists going to see the WTC ruins ...Walls St ... ntg much ...

back to Sterling/Springdale ..to me if price diff is a lot ..i will go for cheaper one .. as these 2 really not much difference in terms of location ...

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast