Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101520253035 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tropica (Next to Temasek Poly)

oic. you doing major overhaul.

hacking is not expensive. it's redoing the kitchen that's expensive.

will be lagi expensive if you touch the bathrooms.

you're welcome to visit my pad to see which areas you can save on.

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    3 major things:
    1. hack off storeroom, and shift it to kichen, as i need space for altar table, and need to arrange according to fengshui
    2. hack off kichen wall, to make it as glass door and panel, in order to bring light, relocate entry etc
    3. redo entire kichen - the current one does not maintain well, need to redo.

not mention the small things like wardrobe, TV console, shoe rack...

That's why I got quotation all from 70K to 90K+! the 50K is contractor quoted me, not Stanley. His not so competetive lah. If he giave me $50K quotation, i will no hesitate to hire him.

Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon
    oic. you doing major overhaul.

hacking is not expensive. it's redoing the kitchen that's expensive.

will be lagi expensive if you touch the bathrooms.

you're welcome to visit my pad to see which areas you can save on.
    Initially I wanted to redo all the 3 bathrooms (except maid's), after got key, seeing the actual condition, we decided just change the accossories instead. and the ID only reduce 10K.

So I'm also very confused.... where is most costly part? hacking? titling? or capantries?

Yes, my agent friend already warned me not to spend too much on reno, as trend changes from time to time, reno not driving up the price, but the market sentiment...

Also a lot of build-in will frighten potential buyers...

So do you think those suspended TV console, feature wall etc worthy to build? especially in the master bedroom?

The wardrobes are old fashine. need to change. 3 only already 6K liao, but silver river only $899 for 6 ft and measure-n-custormize type leh... how?

haha.. i understand your situation.

most expensive is carpentry, followed by flooring and wall tiling. it's like taking $50 notes on sticking on ur bathroom walls.. ha.

my view in order of importance: #1 living room, #2 mbr, #3 dining area.

kitchen you hoot 20k redo oso wun see much difference.

maybe you want to talk to stanley again, he helped me minimize alot by suggesting which areas dunnid to redo.

happy reno-ing.

Initially I wanted to redo all the 3 bathrooms (except maid's), after got key, seeing the actual condition, we decided just change the accossories instead. and the ID only reduce 10K.

So I'm also very confused.... where is most costly part? hacking? titling? or capantries?

Yes, my agent friend already warned me not to spend too much on reno, as trend changes from time to time, reno not driving up the price, but the market sentiment...

Also a lot of build-in will frighten potential buyers...

So do you think those suspended TV console, feature wall etc worthy to build? especially in the master bedroom?

The wardrobes are old fashine. need to change. 3 only already 6K liao, but silver river only $899 for 6 ft and measure-n-custormize type leh... how?

haha.. i understand your situation.

most expensive is carpentry, followed by flooring and wall tiling. it's like taking $50 notes on sticking on ur bathroom walls.. ha.

my view in order of importance: #1 living room, #2 mbr, #3 dining area.

kitchen you hoot 20k redo oso wun see much difference.

maybe you want to talk to stanley again, he helped me minimize alot by suggesting which areas dunnid to redo.

happy reno-ing.
    thank you thank you!

running out of time liao, need to relook into it again this weekend. maybe ask stanley to do a site visit, see where to minimize the effort and $$$.

you are right. the ID proposed the new kichen on the floor and wall, except the diff color of cabinets...

no sweat bro.

instead of hacking away and building new wardrobes, it's cheaper to re-laminate the doors.

bottomline, if can still use, why waste $ redoing it?

thank you thank you!

running out of time liao, need to relook into it again this weekend. maybe ask stanley to do a site visit, see where to minimize the effort and $$$.

you are right. the ID proposed the new kichen on the floor and wall, except the diff color of cabinets...

Hi Tropicans

I just noticed that my service balcony doesn't have a space for washing machine.... how can this happen? How you solve this problem? Is it just the layout of my particular unit?

mine is just between the maid's toilet and the window. perfect fit.

Quote Originally Posted by gjdm
    Hi Tropicans

I just noticed that my service balcony doesn't have a space for washing machine.... how can this happen? How you solve this problem? Is it just the layout of my particular unit?

Hi Tropicans

mine is 4 bedder, type A. have a particular small space for washing machine, just next to kichen entry, opp maid's room.

what's your room type?

From this URL, it seems all type of units have located for washing machine leh...
    http://www.hongleong.com.sg/hl.nsf/t..._floorplan.htm

no sweat bro.

instead of hacking away and building new wardrobes, it's cheaper to re-laminate the doors.

bottomline, if can still use, why waste $ redoing it?
    seeing him tomorrow! hope can have a better solution!

mine is 4 bedder, type A. have a particular small space for washing machine, just next to kichen entry, opp maid's room.

what's your room type?

From this URL, it seems all type of units have located for washing machine leh...
    http://www.hongleong.com.sg/hl.nsf/t..._floorplan.htm
    Mine is 3-bedder. I also find one small space next to maid's room for washing machine, however the drain is at the other end of the service balcony....
    Last edited by gjdm; 01-09-09 at 20:50.

Mine is 3-bedder. I also find one small space next to maid's room for washing machine, however the drain is at the other end of the service balcony....
    that's illogical leh.

by the way, if yours is type G and you are going to do reno, then you may ask your contractor to drill a hole in the wall next to maid toilet, to redirect washing machine water into maid's toilet, to re-use the water, and also environment friendly

Some contrator visited my unit, and all of them said no problem for doing so...

that's illogical leh.

by the way, if yours is type G and you are going to do reno, then you may ask your contractor to drill a hole in the wall next to maid toilet, to redirect washing machine water into maid's toilet, to re-use the water, and also environment friendly

Some contrator visited my unit, and all of them said no problem for doing so...
    What a brilliant idea!!!!! Thank you East Lover....

However mine is type H .... http://www.hongleong.com.sg/hl.nsf/t..._floorplan.htm

Any Type H owner here? Any advice?

Default URA Tranasactions on Aug 09

Total Floor Area psf
    750,000 1,238 606
    660,000 1,335 494 (2 bedder ground floor???)

Standard 2 beder already asking for 690K liao!

Total Floor Area psf
    750,000 1,238 606
    660,000 1,335 494 (2 bedder ground floor???)

Standard 2 beder already asking for 690K liao!
    It must be the same unit I viewed before. Yes, it is at ground floor, 2 bedder including patio. Was very tempted to bid as well due to low price but noticed morning sun directly hit the living room, plus the unit directly facing children's playground, a bit noisy. For me, noise is a no no. Plus, two bedder is too small for my family....

"Standard 2 beder already asking for 690K liao!" Really? I know someone just bought 2 bedder not long ago at 620+k only. So the market up again??? Crazy... guess who is the last one to catch the ball....
    Last edited by gjdm; 04-09-09 at 15:27.

mine is just between the maid's toilet and the window. perfect fit.
    ehm? I can squeeze in if I want... but then the washing machine will be sitting right on the drain outlet/gutter, thus blocking it...

Hi guys, my contractor helped me out with the space for washing machine.. now I can sit back and enjoy.... the views and the wind...

Hi guys, my contractor helped me out with the space for washing machine.. now I can sit back and enjoy.... the views and the wind...
    congrates!
    me headache in finalizing ID leh...

The ID McKinnon recommended is super super busy, not sure he can complete my task on time or not... really hope he can do my reno

the previous ID go overseas, I just couldn't like the the lady boss who took over her recently. ai! headache, headache

how about your contractor? big reno company? can share?

It must be the same unit I viewed before. Yes, it is at ground floor, 2 bedder including patio. Was very tempted to bid as well due to low price but noticed morning sun directly hit the living room, plus the unit directly facing children's playground, a bit noisy. For me, noise is a no no. Plus, two bedder is too small for my family....

"Standard 2 beder already asking for 690K liao!" Really? I know someone just bought 2 bedder not long ago at 620+k only. So the market up again??? Crazy... guess who is the last one to catch the ball....
    Is it this one? blk 57 stack 4 should be near the gym, not facing the children's playground... should be very quiet instead...

by the way, 3 bedder unit already above 600 psf liao
    --------------------------
    Blk Unit psf floor area total
    63 #09-06 $606 1238 $750k

57 #01-04 $494 1335 $660k

the unit you visited before is stilling selling, and asking for 750K!
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...le-the-tropica

the unit you visited before is stilling selling, and asking for 750K!
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...le-the-tropica
    I can't believe my ears....ok, eyes.

I said too soon about I can sit back and relax... I didn't engage the contractor in the end though he gave me some free advice..... lots of reasons... take forever for him to get back to me on simple enquiries is one, price quoted is about 50% higher than competitors price...blah blah blah... So my search has not ended.

There are some construction at the field behind the Caltex station. What are they building?

Quote Originally Posted by hycondo
    There are some construction at the field behind the Caltex station. What are they building?
    Maybe some sport venue ba.

Heard a roumour that Tao Nan is moving to Tampines... not sure how true is it. I'm wondering where is the best location for Tan Nan, maybe that big field you mentioned?

cricket field.

Quote Originally Posted by hycondo

blk 51 #06-06 3br transacted 818k!

maybe i ask for 1mil since blk 51 always commands a premium krkrkr.

cricket field.
    Plus point will be: This will bring additional crowd/activities to that area and it is just beside the UWC. Tropica and the surrounding property value would be raised.
    Minus point: Less quiet in that area, more traffic anticipated

This is a discussion from Double Bay thread, for the bedroom size, maybe DBR BR not be able to put a standard single bed in...
    Quote Originally Posted by xebay11
    If the BR so small, I bet cannot put study table, how your children going to study next time? Dining table? How to concentrate?
    I'm glad that Tropica does not have such constraint. I'm going to buy a queen size bed for my little boy. In my son's room, we can manage to put a kinderfun table, a queen size bed with 1 bedside table, 2 bookcase and a chest of drawer, and his room is just a standard room with standard 6 ft wardrobe, not MBR.

I can't believe my ears....ok, eyes.

I said too soon about I can sit back and relax... I didn't engage the contractor in the end though he gave me some free advice..... lots of reasons... take forever for him to get back to me on simple enquiries is one, price quoted is about 50% higher than competitors price...blah blah blah... So my search has not ended.
    How is your reno?

I don't like baywindow, because it wasted a lot of space. however, there are a small piece of ledge in both living hall and MBR, how will you handle that? it's too narrow to site, too big to ignore....

I may going to build 2 window bay seatings, with actual storage below ...

Default All above $600 psf liao

Except the ground floor unit, all the 3 bedders are exceeding $600 psf liao
    ----------------------
    Unit PSF Area Total Price
    51 #06-06 $685 1195 $818k (Why this unit so high? designer's reno?)
    51 #08-05 $640 1238 $792k
    63 #09-06 $606 1238 $750k

And the average psf is slightly higher than Aquarius by the Park, and not far away from the "new" project Baywater

We went to Tropica this weekend, for the final preparation of our reno, and I did see quite a few good cars in the carpark

AND, the car park is so spacious! If you ever visited those carpark in the "new" projects, you will appreciate the Tropica carpark. Anyone been to The Water Place in TANJONG RHU? the carpark is really a nightmare

AND, the car park is so spacious! If you ever visited those carpark in the "new" projects, you will appreciate the Tropica carpark. Anyone been to The Water Place in TANJONG RHU? the carpark is really a nightmare
    Is the price for real?... amazed and amused.....

East Lover, are you suggesting a good reason for a bigger car?

Blk51 seems quite so popular... why? so close to petrol station and road leh..... but maybe the view is better or fengshui?

Is the price for real?... amazed and amused.....

East Lover, are you suggesting a good reason for a bigger car?

Blk51 seems quite so popular... why? so close to petrol station and road leh..... but maybe the view is better or fengshui?
    price definetly real lah, you can check URA website

Blk 51 has both pool view and reservior view. yes, got a bit road noise. there are total of 3 block joined as blk 51 and all are 3 bedders, so easy to sell i guess.

The primary block 57 and 61 only 4 bedder have unblock reservior view, and it's either very very few people selling or asking sky high price now - 960K to 980K depending on layout. The 2 bedder got pool view and north facing. also very few supplies.

hope that explains why block 51 so popular
    Last edited by East Lover; 22-09-09 at 12:39.