Thread: Pinnacle 16 (D12, Freehold, Soilbuild)

Intrepid Explorer 2.0 Guest

Default Pinnacle 16 (D12, Freehold, Soilbuild)

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Pinnacle 16 (D12, Freehold, Soilbuild)

The blue building match the sky blue..where is this locate?

Unregistered Guest

along irrawaddy road, past tan tock seng. opposite new phoenix park.

Unregistered Guest

soilbuild always have unique design for their condos. very nice to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    The blue building match the sky blue..where is this locate?
    On some days, the concrete part of the building is light greyish and pale cream. Depends on the time of day and lighting. It looks very stylish in the evening light as well.

The address is at 16 Shan Road.

soilbuild always have unique design for their condos. very nice to look at.
    Yes I agree.

Unregistered Guest

What are the chances that it will be blocked - can the park in front be re-categorized?

Somehow, I feel being surrounded by the TTS hospital; old folks home; communicable diease centres, skin centre etc doesn't make it highly desirable in terms of its neighbours and view. .The more superstitious might even find it rather inauspicious.

On top of that, there have been sightings of heavily madeup karaoke lounge girls in the balestier area towards the evenings. Cheaper rentals of the older nearby properties also increase the possibilities of rather dodgy neighbours.

The only desirable factor is that it is close to Novena MRT and amenities. It is relatively affordable compared to the newton neighbour.

Appears to be up and coming with many of the big boys developers wanting a piece of action there.

Unless that place gets cleaned up completely, I don't think it is desirable for me to want to raise my family there...even though the properties look cool and affordable.

However, give it another 10 to 20 years.. when all the old properties have been enbloced and redeveloped, things might be different.

Unregistered Guest

Yah I agree about everything you said, although I am not superstitious about hospitals.

I like the location and proximity to city (plus points) but the hospital is the sore point with regard to local buyers. However I noticed expats and foreigners don't have the same concerns about hospitals as locals. Maybe they are not as superstitious as the Chinese culture is. In fact I have heard an expat tell me that "location near hospital is very convenient". I think he's thinking of taking a lot of MCs.

Maybe another 3 or 4 years things may be different. Boon Teck apartments just tendered for en bloc, CDL is buying up everything on the Thomson Road side of Balestier, UOL and Soilbuild got sizable presence here. More developers will come in when available land plots in city and city fringe areas get exhausted. Who knows, maybe one day the Government Medical branch who owns all the low rise land around Tan Tock Seng and Moulmein Road decide to develop the land themselves. Like SPH.

Quote Originally Posted by **
    Somehow, I feel being surrounded by the TTS hospital; old folks home; communicable diease centres, skin centre etc doesn't make it highly desirable in terms of its neighbours and view. .The more superstitious might even find it rather inauspicious.

On top of that, there have been sightings of heavily madeup karaoke lounge girls in the balestier area towards the evenings. Cheaper rentals of the older nearby properties also increase the possibilities of rather dodgy neighbours.

The only desirable factor is that it is close to Novena MRT and amenities. It is relatively affordable compared to the newton neighbour.

Appears to be up and coming with many of the big boys developers wanting a piece of action there.

Unless that place gets cleaned up completely, I don't think it is desirable for me to want to raise my family there...even though the properties look cool and affordable.

However, give it another 10 to 20 years.. when all the old properties have been enbloced and redeveloped, things might be different.

Unregistered Guest

What are the chances that it will be blocked - can the park in front be re-categorized?

Pinnacle 16 rear view confirmed blocked by Centrio. But i think the owners expected this already. That is also why developers of P16 designed it to be facing the little hill between P16 and TTSH. I don't think the land on the little hill will have anything built on it, right?

Unregistered Guest

Unhappy Re: Pinnacle 16 (D12, Freehold, Soilbuild)

Will front (green hill) facing apartments be disturbed by construction sound?

The green hill currently has a bus stop and so may not be disturbed for a while. But its only a matter of time I am sure...

Unregistered1 Guest

The green hill is directly above MRT tunnel. Developer will not interest(cost to construct is much highier). Unless they have no better choice!

This condo no good, there are hidden cam videoing your night scene from the MHA.

Reviving this thread cos I am looking at this place. Any comments on this dev either for stay or investment n rental income?

good, keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by KC76
    Reviving this thread cos I am looking at this place. Any comments on this dev either for stay or investment n rental income?
    Have a friend who rented out his studio at 2.6-2.8k. Location wise quite good but generally the build quality not that fantastic.

Pinnacle16 used to be one of best in terms of rental yield in that area.

because this condo is quite near to Novena mrt, (within 4min walking distance to mrt) and quite convinient with many malls but yet price is not much high compared to other condos in Novena with similar condition with Pinnacle16.
    It is also because it is under D12.
    Actually most of condos in Irrawaddy roads seems much undervalued with same reasons. (But rental yield is good!)

There are some sub-sale units of I Residence, Domus which are under construction, but if you look for already built units, then The Centrio & Marque are there. Centrio`s layout is better than Marque.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

How much are they selling or transacted now?

Quote Originally Posted by trump7
    Pinnacle16 used to be one of best in terms of rental yield in that area.

because this condo is quite near to Novena mrt, (within 4min walking distance to mrt) and quite convinient with many malls but yet price is not much high compared to other condos in Novena with similar condition with Pinnacle16.
    It is also because it is under D12.
    Actually most of condos in Irrawaddy roads seems much undervalued with same reasons. (But rental yield is good!)

There are some sub-sale units of I Residence, Domus which are under construction, but if you look for already built units, then The Centrio & Marque are there. Centrio`s layout is better than Marque.
    Hi, thanks for ur inputs. Between studios in irrawaddy and shanghai road (RV area), which one would hv greater investm potential?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    How much are they selling or transacted now?
    1.4k-1.5k psf

Wah! Rather buy Novena Suites, Lincoln Residences (for eg)

1.4k-1.5k psf

Hi, thanks for ur inputs. Between studios in irrawaddy and shanghai road (RV area), which one would hv greater investm potential?
    projects along irrawaddy can be tricky...ppl tend to compare their prices with balestier....and of coz when they trying to sell u pinnacle 16..they will compare with novena suites for eg.

RV area starting to have MM project coming up(3xxsqft types)....may tarnish the gd image

2 different areas...cannot really compare. but i will pay abit more for RV area of coz..haha

just realised some very profitable subsale done at nathan residences...1300psf resold at 16xxpsf..not bad

Better avoid Shanghai Road. (Avoid Nathan too).

Better avoid Shanghai Road. (Avoid Nathan too).
    y? mind sharing?

For you to go to find out. (Wait owners there hammer me too! )

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    y? mind sharing?

Wah! Rather buy Novena Suites, Lincoln Residences (for eg)
    Now Noena Suites studio`s asking price is about 1700psf.

Novena Suites studios are bigger than those studios in that area. they are about 700sft for studio and 800psf for 1+study, but Pinnacle16 studio size is about 600psf, so in terms of rental yield, Pinnacle16 is always better than Novena suites. (it is always at least more than 4%. When in the good times, it ever came out with 5% before. )

Well, Shanghai One studio yield is also quite good.
    Most of tenants for Studio doesn`t drive a car, so better to think about convenience for transportation.
    There will be mrt station on Kimseng road(or Zion road?) but better check when. If too far, then find the studio near MRT within your budget.

The rental in July 2016 is as low as 2k. But the asking price is still around 900k. Yield is really coming down.
    Anyone selling 2 bedders there?

Thanks!