Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sophia Residence (D9, Freehold, Guocoland)

just my guess, let's see if i guessed right that this is what developer is thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by dunatos
    Wahhhh.... So ex!

my guess would be $1500< .... since it's 1 of the biggest development in that area....i wonder those facing KTV will be price higher or lower

Any idea what is the recent launch price around that sophia area ?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    that's too big a hat. i am just a one unit amateur. I was thinking, if US economy is going through a slow recovery, I do not think the 2 IRs are going to do the trick for our economy.
    can the two IRs single handedly kick start our economy? i a bit doubtful, not say they won't help a bit, but not a big sure bet

no recent launches at sophia. recently, i heard the relaunch of wilkie studios further up at wilkie area is around 1200+ to 1300+. anyone can confirm? that's why i built in, for better location, better landscape/awards etc should "justify" a 1400psf and above launch price.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder
    Any idea what is the recent launch price around that sophia area ?

yeah, that's why i think there is potential for secondary market asking prices to cool off later this year esp. after all the pent-up demand has been filled in the coming few months.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    can the two IRs single handedly kick start our economy? i a bit doubtful, not say they won't help a bit, but not a big sure bet

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    my guess would be $1500< .... since it's 1 of the biggest development in that area....i wonder those facing KTV will be price higher or lower
    Hahaha... largest development might also seem less exclusive...
    Yea, 'imagine' Ge Tai singing in front of ur house

At that type of pricing. almost certainly overpriced

Heard launch push to next weekend, price around 1.8k psf....

Is definately overpriced.

If overpriced, Just wait lah....no hurry to buy....many many many new projects coming on the way...

Probably due to the lower sentiments in the stock markets (sg & US) right now about the larger than expected job losses... means economy not picking up and humming along any time soon. Citibank went back down to below 3.0.. 80% of movements on the US market before the 4th of July is all red and sliding downwards. not surprised if they hold back the launch even further.
    Heh... no profit taking to plough in to property lah...

To be paying 1.8kpsf at this time must have balls of steel....

even at the earlier said 1500 to 1600psf, it was already quite ex. greedy developers think buyers are stupid, keep raising prices. its time for buyers to fight back by boycotting sky high prices. sentiment is indeed cooling in stock market. ppty market maybe not so soon but at best can only last until ghost month, after ghost month, momentum is gone if the market has not suffered from indigestion by then.

Quote Originally Posted by dazzle
    Probably due to the lower sentiments in the stock markets (sg & US) right now about the larger than expected job losses... means economy not picking up and humming along any time soon. Citibank went back down to below 3.0.. 80% of movements on the US market before the 4th of July is all red and sliding downwards. not surprised if they hold back the launch even further.
    Heh... no profit taking to plough in to property lah...

To be paying 1.8kpsf at this time must have balls of steel....

Sophia preview on this Friday. Heard Preview price with upto 13% discount (NPS) and stamp duty absorption by developer.

Price range 1.5k to 1.8k psf

stock market falling liao, who want to buy these overpriced prime projects? after poor response, 13% becomes 20%.

Sophia preview on this Friday. Heard Preview price with upto 13% discount (NPS) and stamp duty absorption by developer.

Price range 1.5k to 1.8k psf

stock market falling liao, who want to buy these overpriced prime projects? after poor response, 13% becomes 20%.
    DJ was down close to 95 pts earlier now down 77

slow drift down .. 50 points everyday is enuff ..

yeah, i should correct my statement, its gonna be a slow drift downwards. how are things in the US? any green shoots whatsoever at all???

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    DJ was down close to 95 pts earlier now down 77

slow drift down .. 50 points everyday is enuff ..

yeah, i should correct my statement, its gonna be a slow drift downwards. how are things in the US? any green shoots whatsoever at all???
    trust me not at all ..

i believe so too. my friend worked for lehman, he said he is one of the lucky few to have survived the multiple rounds of retrenchements and is now with barclays. he sees no green shoots whatsover either.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    trust me not at all ..

2rms $1530-1767psf for release units
    3rms $1129-1686psf

studio units price so high until i dun dare put here... see already balls will shrink

Above are based on 12% discount somemore hohoh...

heard developer brought forward the release to tomorrow from friday (probably thinking people still have not heard the news yet). hahaha, panic liao after the tax announcement today. the action is all happening now!

now let's see how good the sales are, the 1st test.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    3rms $1129-1686psf

studio units price so high until i dun dare put here... see already balls will shrink

i post for you. 1 bedroom asking for 17xx to 18xx or was it more?! was told 614sq ft from 1.1m so derived a rough estimate that way.

3rms $1129-1686psf

noooooooo u juz made my balls shrink again 2nd time in 1 day

heard developer brought forward the release to tomorrow from friday (probably thinking people still have not heard the news yet). hahaha, panic liao after the tax announcement today. the action is all happening now!

now let's see how good the sales are, the 1st test.
    as usual smaller units will go off first... probably harder to sell the 3bedders those > $2m

but might be a bit tricky with 1 and 2 bedder pricing so close, maybe more pple snap up 2 bedders but will hesitate with 1 bedder.

as usual smaller units will go off first... probably harder to sell the 3bedders those > $2m

Went to the showroom. They only show case the 4 bedder. It has a private elevator. Looks quite spacious. Lots of DTZ and a few ERA agents standing around.
    They are pushing the 2,3 and 4 bedders. There is not even a scale plan model for the 1 bedder (They have scale models for the 2,3 and 4 rooms) - guess they are know that it will not sell as well as the 2-3 bedders. Entrances from development to Adis Rd, Sophia Rd and Handy Rd - based on the scale model of the whole project.
    Bed rooms using dark laminate floring. Halls marble. Washing machine & dryer - Ariston; Oven and stove - Bosch...

ratio of cusotmers to agents 1:20?

ratio of cusotmers to agents 1:20?
    Looking at it its like about 1:15. Security guard at the door.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

How much are they selling for 2-4 bedders? Looking at the brands of appliances they are providing, I thought that they are selling at <=$1000 psf (some mid-market condo project).

Went to the showroom. They only show case the 4 bedder. It has a private elevator. Looks quite spacious. Lots of DTZ and a few ERA agents standing around.
    They are pushing the 2,3 and 4 bedders. There is not even a scale plan model for the 1 bedder (They have scale models for the 2,3 and 4 rooms) - guess they are know that it will not sell as well as the 2-3 bedders. Entrances from development to Adis Rd, Sophia Rd and Handy Rd - based on the scale model of the whole project.
    Bed rooms using dark laminate floring. Halls marble. Washing machine & dryer - Ariston; Oven and stove - Bosch...

Hi, how does a private elevator work? It means you got to have a security pass for the lift to stop at your floor? What if your upstairs neighbour get into the same lift as you ... when it opens at your floor, he can see the inside of your unit?

just saw the floorplans of 2 and 3 bedder and noted the total open kitchen concept and just cant find where is the yard area !!!

did anyone notice this ??