Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hilltop grove

Merawoods is very big, and when 3+1 units in hilltop was going for $600K plus, they were going at $900K plus.

Merawoods is 999yrs.

Montrosa last year got one "fire sale" $800K plus for a 3+1, auctioneer asked me if I wanted, but I was committed elsewhere. It is 999 ys here, too. The development is small, pool is small.

Pool at Hilltop is very big, can do laps, and not just soak the toes.

Quote Originally Posted by sfwoo
    Merawoods is very big, and when 3+1 units in hilltop was going for $600K plus, they were going at $900K plus.

Merawoods is 999yrs.

Montrosa last year got one "fire sale" $800K plus for a 3+1, auctioneer asked me if I wanted, but I was committed elsewhere. It is 999 ys here, too. The development is small, pool is small.

Pool at Hilltop is very big, can do laps, and not just soak the toes.
    Hi, which is a better sought after? Hilltop or Merawoods then? If you are a buyer, which one would you go after? I have been looking around hillview area for past 3 years. Is there any other good developments around there?

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Hi, which is a better sought after? Hilltop or Merawoods then? If you are a buyer, which one would you go after? I have been looking around hillview area for past 3 years. Is there any other good developments around there?
    Depends on many factors.

The price difference can be $200K-300K for 3+1. Also one is 99yrs, the other is 999yrs, makes no difference to us, but will make a difference to our children and their children.

If money, no object, no brainer.

There are so many developments in Hillview, I have seen Hillbrooks, Chantilly Rise, Merawoods, Hillview Green, Hillington Green, Summerhill, Glendale Park, Hillview Heights, Hillview Park...all got plus and minus points, dpends on what you looking for, and also the paricular unit that has come up for sale.

But I love the "resort" feel at poolside of Hilltop Grove, though I dun live there anymore. It was a wonderful place to go home to.

Depends on many factors.

The price difference can be $200K-300K for 3+1. Also one is 99yrs, the other is 999yrs, makes no difference to us, but will make a difference to our children and their children.

If money, no object, no brainer.

There are so many developments in Hillview, I have seen Hillbrooks, Chantilly Rise, Merawoods, Hillview Green, Hillington Green, Summerhill, Glendale Park, Hillview Heights, Hillview Park...all got plus and minus points, dpends on what you looking for, and also the paricular unit that has come up for sale.

But I love the "resort" feel at poolside of Hilltop Grove, though I dun live there anymore. It was a wonderful place to go home to.

If all the other factors being equal, there will be no difference when you invest for rental. It will be competitive when you try to sell later as there are so many developments for buyers to choose. How is the traffic in that area? You should try driving on weekdays morning from there towards PIE.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    How is the traffic in that area? You should try driving on weekdays morning from there towards PIE.
    HAHAHA!

Hillview Avenue is like a car park from Hillview Green to Bukit Batok East Avenue 6 during morning rush hour the last time I lived there(1 yr ago). And if people dun respect yellow boxes, very hard to turn out from side roads to main roads.

As for buying for rental gains, 99yrs being cheaper to buy, will give better yields as tenants dun care if freehold, 999 or 99.

Competition for tenants already very hot, and tenants know it, so, if you try to rent out, there will be potential tenants trying luck and ask for low, low rents, cheaper then renting HDB. Not joking. Got people want me to rent to them at $1600 per month for a 3+1. Just asked them to fly kite.

Understand that there is a ERP at the former fire station going towards bukit timah. Bukit Regency, Springlead and southaven is just before this and therefore not affected. They are also nearer to the Beauty World MRT stn and eateries, ntuc, etc.

Understand that there is a ERP at the former fire station going towards bukit timah. Bukit Regency, Springlead and southaven is just before this and therefore not affected. They are also nearer to the Beauty World MRT stn and eateries, ntuc, etc.
    Sprindale 3+1 asking $900K recently! Very "original" condition some more!
    Agree that eateries are closer.
    But traffic is horrendous during peak hours towards entry point to PIE.

Sprindale 3+1 asking $900K recently! Very "original" condition some more!
    Agree that eateries are closer.
    But traffic is horrendous during peak hours towards entry point to PIE.
    Hope the Downtown Line will help when it is ready in 5-6 years time. is a blessing that residents staying at these developments join the queue later and closer to PIE.

Traffic is no worse than other parts of Singapore during PEAK hours. There is some change in Anak Bukit traffic lights timing recently - so there is no longer bottleneck at that junction. Having said that, from my experience, there will always be traffic light waiting everywhere you stay during peak hours. At least this area doesn't have annoying pedestrian crossing every 10 meters, as Upper Bukit timah only has overhead bridge

While there are many developments, there are not that many units on sale at any point in time because it is not a "speculative" area. You can try classifieds and realise that D23 probably has the least columns - maybe 3 columns? (and D15/16 goes into 3 full pages and 50 columns). So supply is not as scary as many other parts of Singapore. Also, units are quite large by today's standard and therefore less liquid as the "fashion" now is small format units. If you like to stay in an area dominated by private properties, then there will always be competition when you try to sell/rent. At least, Upper Bukit Timah is favoured by Koreans which are very desirable tenants who will take care of your house.

This is not an area on a speculator's radar but it would have potential in the future with the MRT running up and a unique proposition of being surrounded by nature reserves while being relatively close to the 2nd CBD in Jurong. But it will take YEARS for the potential to be realised.

If all the other factors being equal, there will be no difference when you invest for rental. It will be competitive when you try to sell later as there are so many developments for buyers to choose. How is the traffic in that area? You should try driving on weekdays morning from there towards PIE.

March got one unit 1302 sq ft sold at $524 psf.
    2 recent transactions are for ground floor 2+1 units, with PES and VOID SPACE, hence, PSF looks cheaper.

A Hilltop Grove resident with a high floor, pool facing, 3+1, was offered $800K for her 1238 sqft unit.

But she did not sell.