Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Emerald Gardens - your view

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Recent 99LH development, Waterbank, at Dakota already reached 1200-1300psf and does not have enough carparks. This 999LH place in District 1 is near Chinasquare and Raffles place, and has enough parking lot and does not need to pay monthly parking. $1500psf is still reasonable.
    $1500psf i go for Marbella. Dist 1 near Raffles Place & Chinasquare so? What does that go to do with price? Ardmore Park is not near any D1
    Last edited by jc; 20th April 2010 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jc
    Overpriced based on current value of land vis a vis other parts of the island & future potential is a ? as surrounding are all conservation. This project cannot be comparable to One Shenton or Clift as they are in different location.
    I thought this is nearer to raffles city and future mrt stn. What will happen 30 years later when the Lease for one shenton and clift is down to 60 odd years while EG has still 800 years LH?

I thought this is nearer to raffles city and future mrt stn. What will happen 30 years later when the Lease for one shenton and clift is down to 60 odd years while EG has still 800 years LH?
    Well pal i am not disputing that one shenton and clift is LH99 n this is 999. But they are of a different location, although same District.

$1500psf i go for Marbella. Dist 1 near Raffles Place & Chinasquare so? What does that go to do with price?
    Why Marbella?

Well pal i am not disputing that one shenton and clift is LH99 n this is 999. But they are of a different location, although same District.
    In fact, it has better rental yield and lots of expatriate (bankers) prefers this place as they can walk to work. In future, Telok Ayer MRT stn which is just 150m away and one stop from Marina Bay Financial Centre.

Why Marbella?
    Just an example at a certain px a certain project is worth (not vested in Marbella or EG). The point is EG is in D1 but not equal to Sail, MBR, One Shenton, Clift, as they are of different location. Proximity to Raffles Place has no bearing on the price, else People's Park would have worth a lot more.

In fact, it has better rental yield and lots of expatriate (bankers) prefers this place as they can walk to work. In future, Telok Ayer MRT stn which is just 150m away and one stop from Marina Bay Financial Centre.
    Then that's a different consideration already cos u r going for yield. Suburbs can give much higher yield. My SMRT & Reits also give me very good yield.

Just an example at a certain px a certain project is worth (not vested in Marbella or EG). The point is EG is in D1 but not equal to Sail, MBR, One Shenton, Clift, as they are of different location. Proximity to Raffles Place has no bearing on the price, else People's Park would have worth a lot more.
    I fully agree with you that EG is different from the other newer developments. They draw a different crowd. People's park has a different crowd. You may want to visit EG to see who is there.

I fully agree with you that EG is different from the other newer developments. They draw a different crowd. People's park has a different crowd. You may want to visit EG to see who is there.
    Well i am not sure whether who stays there actually affects the value of the Land where the property sits. No offense to anyone staying there, it may be a nice place to stay to some, but still overpriced at $1.4psf now. If the whole mkt moves up, yes i believe the px of it will move too.

Then that's a different consideration already cos u r going for yield. Suburbs can give much higher yield. My SMRT & Reits also give me very good yield.
    It is not really a fair comparison. The absolute gain is not much. as compared to Capital Gain of property besides the rental yield. If you were to compare the value of blue chips, some has gone up by more than 300% since last March. They are just different instruments. One can use equity to build up cash faster and then invest in real estate,etc.

Well i am not sure whether who stays there actually affects the value of the Land where the property sits. No offense to anyone staying there, it may be a nice place to stay to some, but still overpriced at $1.4psf now. If the whole mkt moves up, yes i believe the px of it will move too.
    They do not stay there but they own them.

They do not stay there but they own them.
    Well i don't know who owns them Well if u don't mind can PM me if the names are too private to be mentioned.

i think pty play is capital appreciation and upside, for yield as jc pointed out reits and some stocks give much better yield

i wont be surprised if some of them are cashing out of EG and moving on to marina bay ~

I believe so but some of them may not need to do that as they are cash rich.
    Quote Originally Posted by august
    i wont be surprised if some of them are cashing out of EG and moving on to marina bay ~

I believe so but some of them may not need to do that as they are cash rich.

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich

wah! you the man!

Default LATEST CAVEATS LODGED

Address Tenure PSF Area Sqft Price Contract Date
    #08-12 999 Yrs $1478 1055 $1559k 08 Apr 10
    #10-07 999 Yrs $1295 1055 $1366k 29 Mar 10

Address Tenure PSF Area Sqft Price Contract Date
    #08-12 999 Yrs $1478 1055 $1559k 08 Apr 10
    #10-07 999 Yrs $1295 1055 $1366k 29 Mar 10
    pricing is very reasonable (aka mai-tu-liao) indeed....

but seems like all owners are now asking for $14XXpsf onwards. The $1295psf transaction looks like a fantastic deal.

Agree. That is a bargain. the unit has pool views and is quite windy.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    pricing is very reasonable (aka mai-tu-liao) indeed....

but seems like all owners are now asking for $14XXpsf onwards. The $1295psf transaction looks like a fantastic deal.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast