Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Emerald Gardens - your view

Floor to ceiling height is standard.
    First floor has higher ceiling height than the rest.
    Strength is in build floor area maximized, no wasted floor area on planter, bay window, and balcony.
    Weakness is few facility, swimming pool small, no tennis court.
    This one is condominium status, may be because of larger site area.

I thought there is tennis court there cos when you drive in, the guard will give you a piece of papers that show where all the blocks are and it does show there is a tennis court on the other side of the entrance. Or maybe I am wrong.

Can you explain how to have en-bloc potential when there's no revision in plot ratio in the last master plan? If developer wants to buy, there'll probably not pay more than $1k (or best case $1.2k psf) because you need to factor in construction cost and developer's margin. make no sense to enbloc.

Quote Originally Posted by NTG
    Arris surrounded by HDB and small site. Not attractive.

Emerald Garden two levels of basement car park.
    Very few car parked there ( under utilized )
    Most owners are investors.
    Easy to enbloc.
    108,000 sf * 3.5
    = 378,000 psf
    = 378 units of 1000sf 2 bedder
    = 630 units of 600sf studio

Sail, One Shenton, Marina Bay Residences as price reference.
    Developer easily sell at $1800 psf onward.

Quote Originally Posted by NTG
    Agent liar.
    Easiest way to attract buyers.
    Don't think she typed wrong, see her wording.

"High floor. $1220 psf - Cheapest PSF at Emerald Garden. Similar units are asking around $1350 psf so grab a fantastic bargain deal today."

Emerald Garden very few transactions.

No buyer or No seller ?

A hidden gem, the only 999 residential in Raffles Place ( D1 not China town ).
    High Enbloc potential at 3.5 plot ratio and 108k sf site and just nice 10 years old this month.
    what is the height limit?

Quote Originally Posted by durian
    Can you explain how to have en-bloc potential when there's no revision in plot ratio in the last master plan? If developer wants to buy, there'll probably not pay more than $1k (or best case $1.2k psf) because you need to factor in construction cost and developer's margin. make no sense to enbloc.
    Exactly, my ??? is also "What's the current plot ratio now?"
    If its already 3.5, then its the same case as Pacific Mansion, lots of talk about enbloc potential but in actual fact not so as the plot ratio had already been max out.

Was also told that the stretch at the back where Beng Hiang is, they are all conservation house, hence its unlikely that in any instance where EG is being enbloc, the developer can built too high a project as the conservation house in front and back is only 2 - 3 storey high.

Exactly. It will be very odd if there's a 20 or 30 storey block sticking out. One agent mentioned about possibility of en-bloc to me and when i asked him how can it be done, he couldn't tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by blackswan
    Exactly, my ??? is also "What's the current plot ratio now?"
    If its already 3.5, then its the same case as Pacific Mansion, lots of talk about enbloc potential but in actual fact not so as the plot ratio had already been max out.

Was also told that the stretch at the back where Beng Hiang is, they are all conservation house, hence its unlikely that in any instance where EG is being enbloc, the developer can built too high a project as the conservation house in front and back is only 2 - 3 storey high.

This is definitely not correct.

Quote Originally Posted by blackswan
    ..... its the same case as Pacific Mansion, lots of talk about enbloc potential but in actual fact not so as the plot ratio had already been max out....

Quote Originally Posted by SL
    This is definitely not correct.
    Bro, you have the current plot ratio, can enlighten us?
    If not, can point us to where to obtain this info?

Have a great weekend.

You may wish to refer to online masterplan at URA web site.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/MP2008/

its says 3.5 there

I know the 2008 Master Plan show 3.5 but that's for the future right?

Current utilization or the existing project might be or lower than 3.5 right? Or did I interpret it wrongly?