Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Emerald Gardens - your view

Default Emerald Gardens - your view

Hi,

I'm looking to find a condo in town, for own stay and capital appreciation. Was looking at emerald gardens. Any view? Agents told me that this is the only 999 condo in District 1. and with the new cross street MRT, it's only 1 stop away from MFC and 2 stops from IR. Do you think it's a better buy than the Sail, the icon which is 99yrs? What's a price you guys think is a good entry price?

any views welcome. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lyn
    Hi,

I'm looking to find a condo in town, for own stay and capital appreciation. Was looking at emerald gardens. Any view? Agents told me that this is the only 999 condo in District 1. and with the new cross street MRT, it's only 1 stop away from MFC and 2 stops from IR. Do you think it's a better buy than the Sail, the icon which is 99yrs? What's a price you guys think is a good entry price?

it's going for about $1300psf right?

i think it's better living than icon simply coz there's much better food and entertainment all around you but it's different than the rest as it's considered outside of CBD, more chinatown than CBD.

you can't compare it to the sail or mbr - very different type of living, which nobody knows how it's gonna turn out until the IR, MBFC, CLP and Gardens is built. Will it be Central Park NY, Manhattan, or Las Vegas living? no one knows now.

Quote Originally Posted by lyn
    Hi,

I have the opposite point of view though.
    If you happen to often take a walk around that aread, you will find that area actually very quite and have that kind of laid back feeling.
    Its only occasionally that the tranquility is being punctuated by vehicles passing by.

I like that aread a lot as there's a lot of nice eateries around, western, chinese, good cake shop, quite a handful of boutique wine bar and good spa and massage shops. If you want to have down to earth food, Amoy and Maxwell is within walking distance.

Walking to work at Raffles, Capital Square, ORQ,and Shenton is also very convenient. Near Chinatown and most importantly, its in between two future station.

I will go for EG as compared to ICON, the ambience is just very different.

Its a place where you want to be near town and near workplace but does not have the usual "concrete " feeling. In summary, a very livable place despite being so near to 'CBD'.

But if you had not been to that area often, advice is to park car somewhere and spend 45 mins or so exploring that area.

Cheers and have a good weekend.

Thanks gfoo and blackswan for your view. I love the place too but not sure if 1300 is a good price to buy for stay and for capital appreciation….icon and sail is going for even more. Which I dun understand why esp for icon. I don’t really like to stay at the Sail, as it feels very office like and it’s not my type.

Anyone else with other opinion? Appreciate any feedback.

I am looking for a place and older condo in RV is going for 1100+psf and not as convenient as Emerald gardens.

I have check and recce several time and I can't find a development around town like EG which is nested within the 'CBD' and yet have a feeling that its not in 'CBD' (my personnel feeling though) with the amenities around. Used to had lunch often at Club Street at the restaurant called Windows at Club Street (closed and change owner liao) and a couple of years ago, beside it, there was this cosy eatery that's sell curry chicken, think the name is called Helen Deli or something like that.
    Also had a couple of rub down at Qi Mantra (but expansive).

But must say that 1300psf is a bit on the ex side. A couple of months ago was only somewhere 1000psf if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by blackswan
    I have check and recce several time and I can't find a development around town like EG which is nested within the 'CBD' and yet have a feeling that its not in 'CBD' (my personnel feeling though) with the amenities around. Used to had lunch often at Club Street at the restaurant called Windows at Club Street (closed and change owner liao) and a couple of years ago, beside it, there was this cosy eatery that's sell curry chicken, think the name is called Helen Deli or something like that.
    Also had a couple of rub down at Qi Mantra (but expansive).

But must say that 1300psf is a bit on the ex side. A couple of months ago was only somewhere 1000psf if I remember correctly.
    tenure aside, 999... this condo is too "short".. a look from the maxwell road makes it seem so small as compared to the tall white towers behind it. I won't consider it at this price. Why move to older developments when tenants prefer newer ones. I like the oriental theme though... no sure if ang mohs will like it.

I like the location, near office and in town...anyone know who is the developer? Oxford Gardens Pte Ltd?

near supermarket - cold storage, near food place, near train stations, and near office...seems like all fit my criteria...just the price, I'm not sure what's a reasonable price...what is a good price for an unblock unit ie 6flr up, and does not face the wall or the pool?

not sure if any such unit price at that range thou'? sorry i have too many questions as i am a property novice. any expert advice greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by lyn; 5th June 2009 at 05:03 PM.

Can't agree more with you.
    Fits my criteria like a glove but price wise.........

what would be a price you will be comfortable to buy at?

I am worried inflation will kick in soon, hence looking to buy a place, for stay and also to fight inflation.

just check the caveats back to 07, and considering the price a couple of months ago, 1000psf +/- will seem right.....but believe you might have bigger firepower.

cheers and have a wonderful weekend ahead.

Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast