Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910152025 ... LastLast

Thread: Casa Merah: For owners only.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Foo
    Does anyone know whether all Casa Merah 3 & 4 Bedroom units
    "Master Bedroom " come with Walk-in wardrobes standard?

Anyone who visited the showroom back then care to comment?
    I think the floorplan shows walk-in wardrobe for 3 bedders. I never see floorplan for 4 bedders but I guess should be the same. Only thing is that there isn't a door between the WIW and toilet. So need to install one yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by hkching
    I think the floorplan shows walk-in wardrobe for 3 bedders. I never see floorplan for 4 bedders but I guess should be the same. Only thing is that there isn't a door between the WIW and toilet. So need to install one yourself.
    Brudder Ching, thanks for the reply. What is WIW?
    Incidently what is your built in area for your unit at stack 10? 1216sq ft or 1227sq ft?

You receive any news on collection of keys for your side?
    DF

Does anyone know whether all Casa Merah 3 & 4 Bedroom units
    "Master Bedroom " come with Walk-in wardrobes standard?

Anyone who visited the showroom back then care to comment?
    you can check out www.casa-merah.com they have floorplans for all types of units.

I'm not sure, but I think it pretty cheap to install it yourself if required. IKea also got sell some. Of cos BLUM System is the better choice. Also more expensive lah..
    how much is it to do from BLUM system? any rough estimation (for kitchen only)?

will anyone do chengai decks at the balcony? not sure developer allows or not?

Quote Originally Posted by WolleyDragon
    you can check out www.casa-merah.com they have floorplans for all types of units.

I am aware fo the floor plans.
    The floor plan does not show the WIW (Walk in Wardrobe) clearly.
    Would be good if we can have some input for those who actually saw the actual showroom
    Is it decently spacious?

Which stack are you at WoolleyDragon?

Brudder Ching, thanks for the reply. What is WIW?
    Incidently what is your built in area for your unit at stack 10? 1216sq ft or 1227sq ft?

You receive any news on collection of keys for your side?
    WIW = Walk-in Wardrobe.

My built-in area is 1227 sqft

Quote Originally Posted by doragirl
    will anyone do chengai decks at the balcony? not sure developer allows or not?
    I'm thinking of doing. Still waiting to receive my sales agreement so I can check.

how much is it to do from BLUM system? any rough estimation (for kitchen only)?
    Hmm... think its about $4 per hinge. Not sure about latest price.
    Maybe you want to look at www.blum.com or do a search in www.renotalk.com.sg for more information.

I'm thinking of doing. Still waiting to receive my sales agreement so I can check.
    i ask my ID to do it but she said it's better to ask management on this because they may not allow, so my quote didn't include that.

anyway have u meet up with any ID? not sure is it I'm doing a lot of stuff but mostly quoting me $30K for the reno. I'm not sure if it's too expensive to reno a new condo since almost half the house is done up.

i just went to sign my SNP agreement with my lawyers, and asked them to submit a request to developers asking for the detailed floorplan. the law firm admin said the developers' lawyers have been very busy, so may not have time to entertain...*#@*&!@*(&!@#

hkching, did you manage to get the floorplan yet? last heard you were trying to get hold of that.

Quote Originally Posted by cksonic
    i just went to sign my SNP agreement with my lawyers, and asked them to submit a request to developers asking for the detailed floorplan. the law firm admin said the developers' lawyers have been very busy, so may not have time to entertain...*#@*&!@*(&!@#

hkching, did you manage to get the floorplan yet? last heard you were trying to get hold of that.
    I've got a "to-scale" floorplan which they emailed me. Its Type B4. If you interested, PM me your email address.

i ask my ID to do it but she said it's better to ask management on this because they may not allow, so my quote didn't include that.

anyway have u meet up with any ID? not sure is it I'm doing a lot of stuff but mostly quoting me $30K for the reno. I'm not sure if it's too expensive to reno a new condo since almost half the house is done up.
    I've already signed up with my ID. It's an old friend who did my present place in Sengkang. Overall cost is around $20K. Chengal decking i'm doing separately as it is cheaper than the one quoted by my ID. If you interested, you can see my entry in http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21673

I've got a "to-scale" floorplan which they emailed me. Its Type B4. If you interested, PM me your email address.
    Hi hkching,

Is the florrplan with specific dimension or just in terms of scale ratio only? Just want to confirm if mine recieved is the same. TQ!

Quote Originally Posted by andyng76
    Hi hkching,

Is the florrplan with specific dimension or just in terms of scale ratio only? Just want to confirm if mine recieved is the same. TQ!
    Its the same as yours i think. But they indicated 600 for the washer width and 700 for the fridge width..

I've already signed up with my ID. It's an old friend who did my present place in Sengkang. Overall cost is around $20K. Chengal decking i'm doing separately as it is cheaper than the one quoted by my ID. If you interested, you can see my entry in http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21673
    that means your quote quite reasonable, maybe because he gave u special discount as well.
    my ID actually discourage me to put chengai decks because she said usually are those people who wants to cover up planter box. And ours come with tiles, so should just leave it like that.

btw, i tried replying your pm but your mailbox storage exceeds.
    Thanks for your ID recom.

thanks in advance bro. did you request for this through your lawyers, or direct emailing to NTUC Choice Homes?

i can't get through to your mailbox, cos its full. lemme know when you have cleared, so that i can PM you my email addr. thnks!!

The usual practice is to start before the 7th month and thereafter it's alright if reno work is done during the month. My hubby is a bit against 'opening the door' if it happened to be key collection within the 7th month. but I told him no choice because we need to do check for defects within the time frame.
    I've drop a note to NTUC Choice Home to ask them to consider bringing forward the key distribution to before Lunar 7th month. Maybe you will like to lodge your request too. Never hurts to get another supporter..

You can do so here... They are usually quite responsive...
    http://www.ntuc-choicehomes.com/contact.html

that means your quote quite reasonable, maybe because he gave u special discount as well.
    my ID actually discourage me to put chengai decks because she said usually are those people who wants to cover up planter box. And ours come with tiles, so should just leave it like that.

btw, i tried replying your pm but your mailbox storage exceeds.
    Thanks for your ID recom.
    I'm thinking of doing the chengai decking as it is easier to maintain. If the outside tiles get heavy rain and sun, it will turn yellowish pretty quickly if not property maintained.

Default Casa Merah Carpark entrance

CM owners, just want to get some feedback on whether you guys find the car park entrance to the condo to be rather narrow and sharp.

Also :-
    1) do all cars entering the condo including "residents" having to turn left i.e going through the round-about drop off point before going down to the underground carpark

or

2) for CM residents only, you can straightaway turn right and hit straight down to the underground carpark.

The security guard told me it is No. (2). But if you observe the arrow drawn on the driveway, it proves otherwise. Anyone care to comment?

If residents having to go through the roundabouts everytime they enter CM entrance ,that would be a hassle.

CM owners, just want to get some feedback on whether you guys find the car park entrance to the condo to be rather narrow and sharp.

1) do all cars entering the condo including "residents" having to turn left i.e going through the round-about drop off point before going down to the underground carpark

or

2) for CM residents only, you can straightaway turn right and hit straight down to the underground carpark.

The security guard told me it is No. (2). But if you observe the arrow drawn on the driveway, it proves otherwise. Anyone care to comment?

If residents having to go through the roundabouts everytime they enter CM entrance ,that would be a hassle.
    Not sure.. But I think it should not be too much of a bother.. Let us try it out when we collect the keys..

I've drop a note to NTUC Choice Home to ask them to consider bringing forward the key distribution to before Lunar 7th month. Maybe you will like to lodge your request too. Never hurts to get another supporter..

You can do so here... They are usually quite responsive...
    http://www.ntuc-choicehomes.com/contact.html
    really ?? I'm so going to put up this request. hopefully, they will accede to this special request. Thanks!

or

i don't think they will 'force' everyone to take the loop to drop off before going down to carpark. Shouldn't be a concern because singaporeans are very good with sharp turns and bends unless your car very big or lorries, then it will pose a concern with the turn.

I'm thinking of doing the chengai decking as it is easier to maintain. If the outside tiles get heavy rain and sun, it will turn yellowish pretty quickly if not property maintained.
    is it easier to maintain? My friend shared that underneath the decks could be a dust collection point.
    maybe when we move in, check with main contractor their quote.

Also one thing, for those staying at stack 45, 41, 37 etc, let's say I am returning from the MRT. Then I enter the side gate. Does that mean I have the climb up the stairs everytime? What about a person old and not so agile?

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Also one thing, for those staying at stack 45, 41, 37 etc, let's say I am returning from the MRT. Then I enter the side gate. Does that mean I have the climb up the stairs everytime? What about a person old and not so agile?
    Thomas,
    I think technically "Yes" based on my observation as Casa Merah is build on slightly elevated ground. You need to climb the stairs.
    On the flip side, Feng Shui is good as the Chinese saying goes "Bu Bu Gao Shen". But it may be a hassle for old people or those pushing baby prams exiting from Tanah Merah MRT station. Good for youngster as it is a good form of exercise.
    Maybe they should build a ramp like those for handicap people at the extreme left end near to the rubbish collection area. This would facilitate people who want to take the side gate or those who want to ride their bicycle to the park connector or East Coast Park nearby. Maybe you should put a feedback to the management.

i don't think they will 'force' everyone to take the loop to drop off before going down to carpark. Shouldn't be a concern because singaporeans are very good with sharp turns and bends unless your car very big or lorries, then it will pose a concern with the turn.

I still think the entrance area is quite badly designed. The entrance area is quite cramp. If you notice other condo example our neighbour East Meadows the same area the other side, you will notice the orientation of the entrance area is very pleasant to drive in. Anyways, we cannot expect everything to be perfect lah...

I still think the entrance area is quite badly designed. The entrance area is quite cramp. If you notice other condo example our neighbour East Meadows the same area the other side, you will notice the orientation of the entrance area is very pleasant to drive in. Anyways, we cannot expect everything to be perfect lah...
    after staying in, i expect more imperfections to come.. we went to view the site and notice that the corridor (lift landing space) actually quite narrow between 2 opposite units. The current place i stay has unblock front door view with strong wind, need to get used to the crampy layout next time.

the only good thing to rave about is location (as of now).

after staying in, i expect more imperfections to come.. we went to view the site and notice that the corridor (lift landing space) actually quite narrow between 2 opposite units. The current place i stay has unblock front door view with strong wind, need to get used to the crampy layout next time.

the only good thing to rave about is location (as of now).
    You mean you went in to take a look?

Anyway, I guess everyone have their own expectations. I'm currently sharing my small common corridor with 2 other neighbours. The front is blocked but I still get strong wind (my dining lights cracked cos the strong wind blow and hit them against one another). So I may enjoy the layout of Casa Merah..

Have anyone went to see the place this weekend? The pool is filled with water and so ready to swim. The noise of water is so nice to hear near sta\
    \\\\