Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345671217 ... LastLast

Thread: Parc Imperial

Luxe Villa which is launched in around Mar 09 - The studio is selling only at around $804 psf. Include a club house, lap pool, etc.

I would said the only difference to Parc Imperial is that it was slighter further away from MRT, 3 bus-stop away. Personally, felt parc imperial is a bit too pricey as I would rather get Luxe villa.

Walk 3 bus-stop or take a bus to MRT and save $400psf. Too bad that the market run up too fast, else I believed that parc imperial would be selling only abt $950psf if launched at the same time as Luxe Villa.

Anyway, personal opinion, not vested as I still prefer D15 due to nearer to work-place, ECP, etc, etc.

wqmai - agree with you on Luxeville giving more value considering its location but as you pointed out the launches were at different times. Irrationale market has gone up about 10-15% in the past 2 months!!!!

Selling point is proximity to MRT. But still at 1k+ psf, its crazy especially when you look at prices at D9-11. I seriously wonder how they are going to move the bigger units cos i dun think people will buy at that price to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by booshi0712
    wqmai - agree with you on Luxeville giving more value considering its location but as you pointed out the launches were at different times. Irrationale market has gone up about 10-15% in the past 2 months!!!!

Selling point is proximity to MRT. But still at 1k+ psf, its crazy especially when you look at prices at D9-11. I seriously wonder how they are going to move the bigger units cos i dun think people will buy at that price to stay.
    if i get the lcoation correctly ... Parc is sandwiched between pasir panjang road and west coast highway ... the noise and dust is a real concern ...

look at Redwood ... same situation, between PP Rd and WCHway ... if not for the price, no one would even consider renting redwood ...

buyer should really do their homework and go down and walk that area ..and dont just buy becos its 2 mins from MRT ..

like i mention in other thread ... if proximity to MRT if so so important .. go buy that condo in SengKang ..where the condos are upstairs, shopping downstairs .. and MRT basement ..

Yap, the West Coast Highway is quite scary. I only found out how bad it was with I viewed one of the unit in another development facing the highway that was on sale. The seller had installed another layer of windows to keep out the pollution (noise and dust)!!!!

Thats a blemish of PP, everything quite good except for those facing the highway. Too bad Tuas and our ports on the south coast are there to stay.

Default Parc Imperial

Agreed with all on the minus points for Parc Imperial. The 3-Bedder penthouses are going at $9XX per square feet and willl cost over a million. The smallest unit studios (388 sq ft) are all going at $12XX per square feet which I definitely agree that the price is steep! Rivergate near Robertson, when launched, is only $1000 per sq ft. Like what someone has pointed out, you need to bring in Time $ Space factor. 3 months different already will have an impact.
    I did drive around the area to recce the site. Hence, I chose a unit which is pool facing, and away from the highway. If you look at the picture (artist impression) of Parc Imperial which I posted, the pool is facing Pasir Panjang Road. There will be units facing the highway which I agree buyers will resent from choosing it. By the way, the highway is quite a distance from the condo site. I doesn't know how great is the impactof noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado1967
    Agreed with all on the minus points for Parc Imperial. The 3-Bedder penthouses are going at $9XX per square feet and willl cost over a million. The smallest unit studios (388 sq ft) are all going at $12XX per square feet which I definitely agree that the price is steep! Rivergate near Robertson, when launched, is only $1000 per sq ft. Like what someone has pointed out, you need to bring in Time $ Space factor. 3 months different already will have an impact.
    I did drive around the area to recce the site. Hence, I chose a unit which is pool facing, and away from the highway. If you look at the picture (artist impression) of Parc Imperial which I posted, the pool is facing Pasir Panjang Road. There will be units facing the highway which I agree buyers will resent from choosing it. By the way, the highway is quite a distance from the condo site. I doesn't know how great is the impactof noise.
    Since you already bought it then just be happy with it. Guess you must have put through some thought process before you buy it. You dont have to justify to anyone but yourself.

Desperado 1967 - sound like a good unit! All is good so long as dun face the highway.

Btw, is the showroom open already? Thinking of see see look look tomorrow for knowledge and fun!

went today at bout 4plus. showroom not open yet. i was a little confused by agent. from what i understand some of the units sold were booked 1 year ago?? is that so? did not really clarify as i thought psf too high.

anyway i live in a landed in the area so i can tell you about the noise. units facing highway, noise is very bad from what i heard from a friend living in the Spectrum (end of pasir panjang road).
    the units facing pasir panjang road are also noisy but less. i can attest to that. the buses are a nuisance in terms of noise. i have gotten used to it but my gf occasionally stays over and the noise keeps her awake the whole night if window is open.
    but the plus is that you should have no problem renting out it out due to its small size and demand due to proximity of NUS (according to my real estate friend).
    i did not do any check but i am not sure if the mrt will open. if you notice, there is one more mrt that is being constructed about 3 or 4 bus stops away(near pasir panjang food centre). i am guessing that only one will open and the pasir panjang food centre one seems to have a better chance. the population density at the har par villa mrt is very low and har par villa is now just a free entry normal park that i wouldnt exactly classify as a tourist attraction. of course i could be wrong. anyone got any idea about this? I will be very happy if the har par villa one opens though. my house is very near there too.

Default Parc Imperial

Quote Originally Posted by eng00701
    I will be very happy if the har par villa one opens though. my house is very near there too.
    Ah ... I did not think of that! Reminds me now of the Buangkok MRT saga! And the white elephant sign board!

As this is my investment property, ease of renting out is my primary consideration, so I hope it's fine. If it's for own stay, to be frank, I won't buy it. The unit is too small! And I could not afford the bigger unit.

The showflat was opened on Thursday and Friday for buyers to sign OTP and VVIP preview. I was told it will be launched next weekend! I was also told about 50% has already been sold. But I am not aware some of the units have been booked one year ago? When I was choosing my unit, the centre block facing the pool have been fully booked at all levels except all ground floor units and units located on the extremem left and right. The showflat has studio and 3-Bedroom units. I wanted to take some photos of the showlat and the prototype of Parc IMperial but was forbidden to do so, is it normal?

Yup, pretty normal ... maybe agent/developer scare tt u use the model as confirmed refererence ... they always say it's artist impression :P

But some pp can take sneak pix when agents not paying attention .. if u wish to try ur luck lor.

I went to other show flat also don't allow me to take photo. I wanted to take photo of the building model only becoz each balcony has different color (Mi Casa), how can I remember which one is red/blue/white while my family may concern. The developer staff kindly took for me hiding from others. Show flat? No way.

... i did not do any check but i am not sure if the mrt will open. if you notice, there is one more mrt that is being constructed about 3 or 4 bus stops away(near pasir panjang food centre). i am guessing that only one will open and the pasir panjang food centre one seems to have a better chance. the population density at the har par villa mrt is very low and har par villa is now just a free entry normal park that i wouldnt exactly classify as a tourist attraction. of course i could be wrong. anyone got any idea about this? I will be very happy if the har par villa one opens though. my house is very near there too.
    You would be happy to read the speech given by Minister of Transport Raymond Lim in January 2008 in which he said,

"... Other than bringing forward CCL 3, we will also open more stations on the Circle Line. This will enhance the reach and connectivity of the Circle Line, and allow many more people to benefit from the MRT. We had earlier decided to build the Thomson and West Coast stations as shell stations and fit them out only when there are sufficient developments around them. As the pace of development around these stations is picking up, LTA will now fit out these stations and open them together with the other CCL stations ..."

went today at bout 4plus. showroom not open yet. i was a little confused by agent. from what i understand some of the units sold were booked 1 year ago?? is that so? did not really clarify as i thought psf too high.

anyway i live in a landed in the area so i can tell you about the noise. units facing highway, noise is very bad from what i heard from a friend living in the Spectrum (end of pasir panjang road).
    the units facing pasir panjang road are also noisy but less. i can attest to that. the buses are a nuisance in terms of noise. i have gotten used to it but my gf occasionally stays over and the noise keeps her awake the whole night if window is open.
    but the plus is that you should have no problem renting out it out due to its small size and demand due to proximity of NUS (according to my real estate friend).
    i did not do any check but i am not sure if the mrt will open. if you notice, there is one more mrt that is being constructed about 3 or 4 bus stops away(near pasir panjang food centre). i am guessing that only one will open and the pasir panjang food centre one seems to have a better chance. the population density at the har par villa mrt is very low and har par villa is now just a free entry normal park that i wouldnt exactly classify as a tourist attraction. of course i could be wrong. anyone got any idea about this? I will be very happy if the har par villa one opens though. my house is very near there too.
    in 2006 i almost bought a landed there ..the road by the road facing Barossa .. my wife didnt like becos too near to road and noisy .. so instead i bought a landed below Kent Ridge park .. 8 mins walk to the PP food centre MRT .. and its very very quiet and i face 'sea view' ...
    anyway i recommend those FH condos near there .. so much better value than the new tiny projects ..

Wah i love that place - one of my rich indo friends just bought there for his marital home

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    Wah i love that place - one of my rich indo friends just bought there for his marital home

who one ? there are 4 condos there that i like

Is ready HOT Now. Tmr price will increase 10% according to Developer.

Over 60+ units SOLD. Studio units more than 50% SOLD.

SUNDAY Jam not enough agent to serve you.

my friend ready plan and bought 1 unit for her children currently Pri 4 so that if she study NUS dont need to stay in Hostel.

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter
    Is ready HOT Now. Tmr price will increase 10% according to Developer.

Over 60+ units SOLD. Studio units more than 50% SOLD.

SUNDAY Jam not enough agent to serve you.

my friend ready plan and bought 1 unit for her children currently Pri 4 so that if she study NUS dont need to stay in Hostel.
    and she ride bicycle to NUS ?

for NUS should be buying Stellar , foliage or west (something) ..near Hon Shu Shian Library ...buy Haw par villa ? not very near leh ...

Default Parc Imperial

Quote Originally Posted by kenkaw
    As the pace of development around these stations is picking up, LTA will now fit out these stations and open them together with the other CCL stations ..."

Wow! Over 60+ sold out of 138 units? That was good news for me ... I saw one of the property for sale ad, someone already selling at $1,530 per square feet.
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-parc-imperial

Wow! Over 60+ sold out of 138 units? That was good news for me ... I saw one of the property for sale ad, someone already selling at $1,530 per square feet.
    wow, what a joke! who will live in this chicken coop with huge balcony and a/c ledge? besides, the noise is going to be so bad.

I suspect this is put up by an agent to fool the uncommitted.

Anyway, I believe its just for show. Its still not the time for sub-sales yet. Nobody will pay that kind of price for that location. $1530psf?????????????????????????????????????????????

Default Parc Imperial

Quote Originally Posted by wqmai
    Anyway, I believe its just for show. Its still not the time for sub-sales yet. Nobody will pay that kind of price for that location. $1530psf?????????????????????????????????????????????
    Agreed! At this price, I would get a unit at Sophia or Robertson Quay!

Agreed! At this price, I would get a unit at Sophia or Robertson Quay!
    Des, you're obviously well educated, and prob have done quite a bit of deliberation before the purchase. In your previous posts, you seem to have acknowledged the pros and cons of the place, and seem to be rather experienced (at least by a decade more than me).

So respectfully, i hope to pick your brains w 3 simple qns as i'm looking for another property for my mom to retire in, and also to try to understand today's property buyer (as it seems psyche has turned 180deg in just a few months).

In Feb i was looking at Balmeg at abt $900psf. My take on that area.

Pros:
    - couple of mins downslope to MRT
    - CDL bought HPV so it will turn into either a commercial devt or a mixed resi/commercial entity

Cons:
    - nowhere near NUS vs the others after and before (ng mui fong t) the clementi road cross junc
    - crazy traffic and noise at night
    - at least a decade before that area's potential comes to fruition
    - pollution and dust from the shipyards and JI (this is v bad, standing at balmeg can smell it in the air)

You have taken a risk to leverage your investment at a 30% premium from the 2009 average - and the alternatives are 1.5% fix deposit rates at banks and 2.2% SGS coupons for the same time period it will take for parc imp to TOP.

Thus my 3 questions
    :
    1) Why did you not wait for the obvious correction coming - or are you betting that such a correction won't happen. If so why?

2) Why this area at $1200psf vs Southbank at $1000psf or other close to MRT areas in D15 etc etc?

3) Why a small devt vs bigger ones esp for rental investment. (at $200/m for 138units, the mcst only has $27000/m to spend on everything. i suspect that the monthly maintenance will double if not triple in time, thus eating into rental yield)

thanks in advance!

he had a stuffed-up noise and couldn't smell anything from the port on the day that he visited the showflat.

He also wore eye-glasses with a wrong prescription on the day that he visited the showfat.

How else could one rationalize his decion?

gfoo, for discussion sake, can share why a correction is obvious?

I used to be very sure that there will be a correction in Q3-Q4 09 due to the large number of projected units on offer. But there are other reasons why it may not. Here's my two :
    • Singapore is a super savings society resulting in too much liquidity looking in either for upgrading or investments.
    • Singaporeans are spoilt in their believe towards property in the long run cos of limited land, previous price peaks and government's propping up HDB market - most people believe that the market will become similar to Hong Kong in the long run
    • Bigger development property companies flushed with capital from the years of boom and can wait out for good windows to launch. Leasehold plots will need to go, but they will stagger FHs launches.
    • Continue demand from PRs and new citizens, who are at least mid-income group.
    Honestly I have missed the recent rally and i would be happy if there is indeed a corection... If I have more dough, I will be looking at properties in London where a lot of institutional money are going into. Everyone hopes to time the bottom of the market but its impossible for eveyone to do so(some lucky ones will). So its back to the issues of timing and affordabilty, which is assessed differently by every individual...

Savings has got no bearing on the state of the economy - we're way too small. Singapore no matter what is ultimately an entrepot w huge tax advantages and that's all. Companies come here to setup hq not becuase they like the weather and the spgs. But because whatever thet reship or mfg in singapore is taxed less than any where else - thats why mti is shitting in their pants if obama's dbl tax laws go thru. Global trade suffers, singapore suffers. Demand and wealth in the west continues to be destroyed, and anyone that says asia can soak up that demand gap is smoking pot.

Not to mention that in the US, housing continues to fall thereby destoying disposable income, and we've yet to see alt-a and comm loans reset - that's coming soon.

The only reason things seem rosy in asia is cheap credit is flowing thru the system here faster than the west. If the same thing happens in the west, you dun have to worry abt rising asset prices - you'll be worring about mass inflation. Its now a balancing act, signalled by tbond rates.

The local signal for me is that developers are not replenishing their land banks, rather it feels like a desperate rush by them to diapose of what they have on hand, supported by creative marketing and sales tactics, further supportes by bank loans/valuation for new props (and not resale props) - and the large volume of morons that are falling for it . This creates a herd mentality driven by sentiment and not fundamentals and thus like evry bubble, it is subject to the laws of gravity.

bUt maybe i'm wrong and i'll be glad to be proven thus my qn to des1967, hope to get am alternative view fr him that makes sense, and hopefully helps me be more bullish about things

The local signal for me is that developers are not replenishing their land banks, rather it feels like a desperate rush by them to diapose of what they have on hand, supported by creative marketing and sales tactics, further supportes by bank loans/valuation for new props (and not resale props) - and the large volume of morons that are falling for it . This creates a herd mentality driven by sentiment and not fundamentals and thus like evry bubble, it is subject to the laws of gravity.
    Agreed that they are not replenishing their land as there are too many projects yet to be launched and its not worth to en-bloc. Govt also not selling much land nowadays.

As for these gp of morons that u are mentioning, they are very powerful as they got capital and great holding power. Unless they got no holding power, they wont sell lower than the price that they pay for, so overall, the property price will not drop unless these gp got no more holding power and all dont mind selling at a loss.

So what will made property prices drop? When nobody buying and those projects yet to be launched had to sell at low price. But as their land are bought at high prices so in order to break even, they will have to sell at high prices. So when will they agree to sell at low prices? Unless the recession went on for 2 to 5 yrs and the developer cannot tahan to hold on anymore then they will sell at a loss for low price.

So overall, property prices will not crash unless something happened to make the economy to go into recession for at least 3 yrs or more.

Quote Originally Posted by wqmai
    Agreed that they are not replenishing their land as there are too many projects yet to be launched and its not worth to en-bloc. Govt also not selling much land nowadays.

As for these gp of morons that u are mentioning, they are very powerful as they got capital and great holding power. Unless they got no holding power, they wont sell lower than the price that they pay for, so overall, the property price will not drop unless these gp got no more holding power and all dont mind selling at a loss.

So what will made property prices drop? When nobody buying and those projects yet to be launched had to sell at low price. But as their land are bought at high prices so in order to break even, they will have to sell at high prices. So when will they agree to sell at low prices? Unless the recession went on for 2 to 5 yrs and the developer cannot tahan to hold on anymore then they will sell at a loss for low price.

So overall, property prices will not crash unless something happened to make the economy to go into recession for at least 3 yrs or more.
    i agree. no one is expecting a full rally but a crash seems equally improbable. it would seem more logical that prices will increase or decrease within a small margin.
    people learn from mistakes. sellers who sold at at a great discount in the earlier months are probably banging themselves on the head when they see this quick recovery prices. given the irrationality of singapore's property market, if i were a seller, even if recession continues into the next year, i would not want to sell my unit at fire-sale prices. i would rather wait it out since recovery could be around the corner. probably all it takes is some positive news to kick start the rally.

Cons:
    - nowhere near NUS vs the others after and before (ng mui fong t) the clementi road cross junc
    - crazy traffic and noise at night
    - at least a decade before that area's potential comes to fruition
    - pollution and dust from the shipyards and JI (this is v bad, standing at balmeg can smell it in the air)
    i live in the area (3 bus stops away) so i a bit puzzled by how you got your cons.
    i dun understand what u mean by crazy traffic and noise. balmeg is on hill and some distance away from highway and main road. i also dun know what u meant by "can smell in air". there are many alfresco dining areas near there including harry's which is always packed. doubt people will flock there if there is always a smell in air. or am i missing something.

anyway i went peak@balmeg show room today. they tore down the old one bout half year ago and re-built new one. totally packed. free for all. u can find practically all companies of real estate agents represented. all units have been released and about 60% sold. seems that all the better views ones have been taken up (which is not many. most units face each other).
    quantum is quite high. all 2 bedders have been sold already. 3 bedders are around 1500sf so its bout 1.4 mil. what i do not like is the huge balconies.
    some units in parc imperial also has amazing PES and balconies which seems logic defying given that the units are already so small.

average psf seems to have gone up very slightly compared to initial launch. 900+ to 1000+.