Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456781318 ... LastLast

Thread: Parc Imperial

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    Pros:
    - couple of mins downslope to MRT
    sorry i couldnt resist this. couple mins downslope to mrt also means couple mins UPSLOPE from mrt.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    in 2006 i almost bought a landed there ..the road by the road facing Barossa .. my wife didnt like becos too near to road and noisy .. so instead i bought a landed below Kent Ridge park .. 8 mins walk to the PP food centre MRT .. and its very very quiet and i face 'sea view' ...
    anyway i recommend those FH condos near there .. so much better value than the new tiny projects ..
    can i get some advice?
    i live in a corner semi-detached. i am very tempted to reconstruct my house. was quoted 1.2mil. is it worth it (would new home increase by that value? )or should i just buy another property with the money

Quote Originally Posted by wqmai
    Agreed that they are not replenishing their land as there are too many projects yet to be launched and its not worth to en-bloc. Govt also not selling much land nowadays.

As for these gp of morons that u are mentioning, they are very powerful as they got capital and great holding power. Unless they got no holding power, they wont sell lower than the price that they pay for, so overall, the property price will not drop unless these gp got no more holding power and all dont mind selling at a loss.

So what will made property prices drop? When nobody buying and those projects yet to be launched had to sell at low price. But as their land are bought at high prices so in order to break even, they will have to sell at high prices. So when will they agree to sell at low prices? Unless the recession went on for 2 to 5 yrs and the developer cannot tahan to hold on anymore then they will sell at a loss for low price.

So overall, property prices will not crash unless something happened to make the economy to go into recession for at least 3 yrs or more.
    clearly developers r in "clear stock" mode, recent rights issue to beef up capital also suggests some are preparing to tahan for the long haul

then again lately there has been sporadic acquisition by smaller and new players like yi kai and fission group ~

The local signal for me is that developers are not replenishing their land banks, rather it feels like a desperate rush by them to diapose of what they have on hand, supported by creative marketing and sales tactics, further supportes by bank loans/valuation for new props (and not resale props) - and the large volume of morons that are falling for it . This creates a herd mentality driven by sentiment and not fundamentals and thus like evry bubble, it is subject to the laws of gravity.
    i mentioned this not too long ago ... that if its all so rosy .. developers would be buying land and launching later ...

and not like the current frenzy ... looks more like 'last chance to sell' ...

Quote Originally Posted by wumingwei
    I went to other show flat also don't allow me to take photo. I wanted to take photo of the building model only becoz each balcony has different color (Mi Casa), how can I remember which one is red/blue/white while my family may concern. The developer staff kindly took for me hiding from others. Show flat? No way.
    For Parc Imp ... now can liao .. think they tore down the screen so u can see clearly through the glass ... maybe can take pix if camera tt good ...

Quote Originally Posted by eng00701
    anyway i went peak@balmeg show room today. they tore down the old one bout half year ago and re-built new one. totally packed. free for all. u can find practically all companies of real estate agents represented. all units have been released and about 60% sold. seems that all the better views ones have been taken up (which is not many. most units face each other).
    quantum is quite high. all 2 bedders have been sold already. 3 bedders are around 1500sf so its bout 1.4 mil. what i do not like is the huge balconies.
    some units in parc imperial also has amazing PES and balconies which seems logic defying given that the units are already so small.

average psf seems to have gone up very slightly compared to initial launch. 900+ to 1000+.
    I went to peak@balmeg show room in Feb and was told that all 2 bedders were launched last year and sold all except 2 (which r recently sold). I didn't like the 2 units left but was interested if other available. went to show room the weekend b4 last and was told sold out. so confirmed no 2 bedders launched this time. Developer, agents and news report don't mention this unless u know already and ask. Yes the balcony huge so room small.
    Last edited by wumingwei; 06-07-09 at 10:45.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    clearly developers r in "clear stock" mode, recent rights issue to beef up capital also suggests some are preparing to tahan for the long haul

then again lately there has been sporadic acquisition by smaller and new players like yi kai and fission group ~
    Agreed that they are in "clear stock" mode. However at what price they will clear? Like what I mentioned before, do you think they will clear stock at low prices unless there is really no buyers. No buyers will only happened if recession went into 3 to 5 yrs.

Anyway, the prices are really too high liao. If ask me to buy studio at $1250 psf at PP area, definitely I wont buy. Few month back, I would have gotten RV Suite @ river valley @ $1250psf. But due to budget constraints, did not get it. Too bad. Looking to build up my capital so that one day when the opportunity comes, I would get it.

Default Parc Imperial

:
    1) Why did you not wait for the obvious correction coming - or are you betting that such a correction won't happen. If so why?

2) Why this area at $1200psf vs Southbank at $1000psf or other close to MRT areas in D15 etc etc?

3) Why a small devt vs bigger ones esp for rental investment. (at $200/m for 138units, the mcst only has $27000/m to spend on everything. i suspect that the monthly maintenance will double if not triple in time, thus eating into rental yield)

thanks in advance!
    Hi,

I think I'm gonna disappoint you, as I am not as season as you thought. My replies to your 3 Qs are pretty simple and straight forward. I guess it's about right time, right place. I did not take into consideration the forseen correction taking place soon as I am looking at long term capital gain.

In today's context, Southbank may not be $1,000psf. For other units in D15, those less than $1,000psf are normally bigger units which cost over $800k, some even over one million, which is out of my budget consideration. Moreover, I like west are as I have been living in the west for over 15 years. I am alright rental yields may be a little less that monthly mortgage loan and maintenance fees as long as it finances more than a certain percentage of my monthly installment as I do not forsee that I will sell this unit very much sooner unless someone offered me an incredible price which is unlikely. What will you forsee the price of this development, or what will hapen in 10-20 years time? Will it depreciates in value?

One thing I strongly believe is, development near to MRT is key! I define near as in less than 5 minutes walk. Of course there are many other developments like Centris, Compass Heights, etc .. I prefer the tranquil area surounding Parc Imperial though traffic noises from the highway and PP road may be a nuisance.

One thing I strongly believe is, development near to MRT is key! I define near as in less than 5 minutes walk. Of course there are many other developments like Centris, Compass Heights, etc .. I prefer the tranquil area surounding Parc Imperial though traffic noises from the highway and PP road may be a nuisance.[/quote]

I Do agree with you on MRT which is <150M away. It will have a great chance to have good capital gain within 5 yrs. So far anyone can tell me any Freehold development around MRT that near.

As traffic noise highway is very common for any condos project even in the EAST like Bayview, SilverSea, Waterfront etc. they still attract buyers & investors even they are along the busy ECP.

Parc is near the future West coast station ...

ever look at FH 5-10 mins walk from Pasir Panjang Station ?

Pepys Hill condo ..
    Fragrance Court
    west point
    landridge
    Treasure place
    Flynn park
    island view

alll old FH condos .... very much quieter than Parc location ..and with amenities ...

and not more than 880 psf

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado1967
    Hi,
    I prefer the tranquil area surrounding Parc Imperial though traffic noises from the highway and PP road may be a nuisance.
    the area is not tranquil. there are at least six bus routes that ply the PP area. 143, 51, 30, 10.... the list goes on. And the buses get very close to the site. I doubt you can sleep with the windows open. the highway is not just a nuisance. It is a serious threat in terms of noise and pollution. most vehicles that ply the highway are heavy duty ones. the diesel engines spew toxic fume and the noise can wake up even Sleeping Beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    the area is not tranquil. there are at least six bus routes that ply the PP area. 143, 51, 30, 10.... the list goes on. And the buses get very close to the site. I doubt you can sleep with the windows open. the highway is not just a nuisance. It is a serious threat in terms of noise and pollution. most vehicles that ply the highway are heavy duty ones. the diesel engines spew toxic fume and the noise can wake up even Sleeping Beauty.

now you are making him really worried sick ....hahahha

his is small studio rite? just on aircon lor, no noise liao ~

If u say of toxic fumes vechicle along highway, you are also saying from Stellar, blue horizon,Spectrum all the way along highway to Carribbean, Harbourview tower that this residence are getting it too. Why they is a rise in price for Carribean, even stellar past few month. And I felt that at the nite West Coast HW have less vechicle noise compare to ECP & many highway.

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter
    If u say of toxic fumes vechicle along highway, you are also saying from Stellar, blue horizon,Spectrum all the way along highway to Carribbean, Harbourview tower that this residence are getting it too. Why they is a rise in price for Carribean, even stellar past few month. And I felt that at the nite West Coast HW have less vechicle noise compare to ECP & many highway.
    i personally think the noise from the highway is nothing compared to the noise from the Buses ...

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter
    No, you are wrong. those condos at ECP are some distance from the highway, and the effect is less severe compared with developments along PP.

Go check yourself by Google Earth. those condos along ECP are mostly 100 meters away from ECP. Your condo is only 20 to 30 meters away. and your condo is only 10 meters from PP.

No, you are wrong. those condos at ECP are some distance from the highway, and the effect is less severe compared with developments along PP.

Go check yourself by Google Earth. those condos along ECP are mostly 100 meters away from ECP. Your condo is only 20 to 30 meters away. and your condo is only 10 meters from PP.

what u think will be the effect of the news ? about taxing capital gain of second prop sale within 4 yrs period ?

i feel prices will start to fall from here ...now ....

those will more than 3 props on hand will rush to sell before jan 2010 .. forcing valuation down ..

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    what u think will be the effect of the news ? about taxing capital gain of second prop sale within 4 yrs period ?

i feel prices will start to fall from here ...now ....

those will more than 3 props on hand will rush to sell before jan 2010 .. forcing valuation down ..
    the effect is obvious. City development's shares went down almost 10% in the morning. haha!!

You are talking about noise right it depend how you felt. there many landed and condos along PP too. I still think nearer to MRT is a better choice if for investment and rental.
    Metropoltan command a high psf not that it can hear MRT or buses Surround sound, is about location and transport. Since most of them have air con in their room.

lol so cute. why do people still think having MRT clost to home is 'special'? Look at the MRT planning map in this forum http://forums.condosingapore.com/ima...re_mrt_mod.gif

MRTs will be within walking distance of everywhere! it's gonna be so common in 5 years time, that i think in time to come, not being close to an MRT will start carrying a premium (like 6th ave lol)

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

yap, high-class properties usually quite some distance from MRT (away from the mass crowd since these rich people drive, they don't take MRT). Near MRT means too noisy, too much human traffic flow.

lol so cute. why do people still think having MRT clost to home is 'special'? Look at the MRT planning map in this forum http://forums.condosingapore.com/ima...re_mrt_mod.gif

MRTs will be within walking distance of everywhere! it's gonna be so common in 5 years time, that i think in time to come, not being close to an MRT will start carrying a premium (like 6th ave lol)

That's because not everyone has the luxury of owning a car or for bigger families multiple cars or stay within walking distance to their work place. So I guess its not a concern to you cause you dont belong to any of these categories.

But for poor heartlanders like me, being close to public transport ie MRT is of utmost concern since will rely heavily on it. Imagine having to squeeze in and out of a bus to change to mrt and do that two times a day times 365days a year you will see if it is indeed a concern.

But then again... I guess most privileged and more well to do people will go for quality of life i.e. staying in 6th ave vs convenience.

watched the news yesterday, those living in Bukit Timah landed dun like the idea of having MRT near their place :P I mean they are the rich ones prefer secluded area yet with the upcoming MRT disturbing their premium peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Autonomy
    That's because not everyone has the luxury of owning a car or for bigger families multiple cars or stay within walking distance to their work place. So I guess its not a concern to you cause you dont belong to any of these categories.

But for poor heartlanders like me, being close to public transport ie MRT is of utmost concern since will rely heavily on it. Imagine having to squeeze in and out of a bus to change to mrt and do that two times a day times 365days a year you will see if it is indeed a concern.

But then again... I guess most privileged and more well to do people will go for quality of life i.e. staying in 6th ave vs convenience.
    Errr, sorry but i am neither rich or privileged lor. i also appreciate being close to public transport - the MRT under my place is a godsend, esp with the underground mall. Everyone is one way or another a heartlander (maybe except bt timah) - I also share the honglim heartlands area lor

Errr, sorry but i am neither rich or privileged lor. i also appreciate being close to public transport - the MRT under my place is a godsend, esp with the underground mall. Everyone is one way or another a heartlander (maybe except bt timah) - I also share the honglim heartlands area lor
    That's why we should all show our appreciation for our beloved MRT... for people without cars... its godsend and for people with cars... thank u for not creating for traffic congestions... long live the MRT! haha...

Default Parc Imperial

I heard parcImperiaL official launch will be on coming Saturday ....

Quote Originally Posted by Autonomy

6th Ave is not good at all ..being the only road linking holland rd to bkt timah .. the traffic is bad .. an MRT shud ease the condition .. if i am a resident there ..who drives .. i will want an MRT to reduce the traffic so that i can drive with ease .. hehehe

a better location will be Old Holland Rd ..may have been a cemetery long ago .. but it truly is unique and a class of its own ..

gfoo is right .. in time to come ..i thot i read some place .. no one person has to walk more than 500m to the nearest MRT .. gosh .. thats too much too close .. BUY SMRT shares people

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado1967
    I heard parcImperiaL official launch will be on coming Saturday ....

Dropped by PI just now....

lots of visitors.

sale status board showed already 80% ( my rough est) sold.

2BR - all gone.

a hefty $1300 psf or more if you want one!

show flat is 2 bedder or studio?

Quote Originally Posted by august
    show flat is 2 bedder or studio?

2 types on display

one is a studio of size 346 sq ft. the display is open-concept. standing outside, you'll see the bed and the sofa at the head of the bed. to the right is a dining counter and the kitchen, toilet, bath.

the other could be a 3 bedder. the kitchen has room for only 2 persons. the bedroom appears small as well.

wondering if $1300 PSF is the norm for pasir panjang ( near haw paw villa end )?