Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Parc Imperial

Is the most expensive Fragrance project ever in terms of resale.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Is the most expensive Fragrance project ever in terms of resale.
    Best quality right? Fantastic location and good rental potential.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Best quality right? Fantastic location and good rental potential.
    Fragrance best quality huh?

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    nuts... i just bought another FH within 100m radius of PI for approx $700psf. PI pricing is simply unrealistic.
    care to share how recent is your recent and for what size and how many beds?
    Thanks

Default Pricing Softening?

After 4 record high transaction of S$650K for 398 sqft studio (S$1632 psf) in Aug/Sept. It is now S$633K (S$1589 psf) in Oct.
    The price is softening now?

Thanks,
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    care to share how recent is your recent and for what size and how many beds?
    Thanks
    4 bedders. Mid floor. No planter, no bay window, small Aircon ledge. Full livable space. Rooms are all good sized and and every room can fit a king sized bed. Not too bad for the location.

4 bedders. Mid floor. No planter, no bay window, small Aircon ledge. Full livable space. Rooms are all good sized and and every room can fit a king sized bed. Not too bad for the location.
    its like yi mei garden vs kovan grandeur, champagne vs ebony, casa sarina vs suites@eunos

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    its like yi mei garden vs kovan grandeur, champagne vs ebony, casa sarina vs suites@eunos
    Yes and no la. Should be Astoria Park vs Ebony. Le Reve vs Suites @ Eunos?

Anyway bro Devil u r v familiar with the area hor? Vested there?

Yes and no la. Should be Astoria Park vs Ebony. Le Reve vs Suites @ Eunos?

Anyway bro Devil u r v familiar with the area hor? Vested there?
    I m fam with D15 to 18...14 not as gd.

U are good!!! Anyway I like older properties. Good value for money and the rooms are large. The masterbedroom is one of the biggest I have ever seen. Can put two study tables, a couch and a king sized bed. Really spacious. Current crop of MM units have very tight living spaces.

I like the pasir panjang/south buona vista area. Very green and tranquil and close to holland/one north area; not to mention it is all freehold. Better than the 99yr LH properties ard Dover and one north areas.

agree, this is so far the best gems around during this period. FH, near town, near science park, near institutions. Near but not too near hospital. It is a good deal to get at 700 psf.

U are good!!! Anyway I like older properties. Good value for money and the rooms are large. The masterbedroom is one of the biggest I have ever seen. Can put two study tables, a couch and a king sized bed. Really spacious. Current crop of MM units have very tight living spaces.

I like the pasir panjang/south buona vista area. Very green and tranquil and close to holland/one north area; not to mention it is all freehold. Better than the 99yr LH properties ard Dover and one north areas.

u r always very confident and happy with ur purchases. reap both tangible and intangibles benefits....$$$ well spent

i ever got 'buyer's remorse' b4 wor .....must really learn from u

has any1 done MAJOR Reno b4? i hf seen old run down and 'cheap' condo but nvr commit due to the hassle and unforeseen reno cost...

how much does it cost to change pipings, re-wiring, etc(ie. change all the internal stuff, complete overhaul)...it involves lots of hecking rite as its all concealed....i ever heck and change aircon pipes only which oredi costs me a bomb

Old HDBs easier to repipe/rewire as mostly r not concealed and quite affordable(cost less den 10k for a 5rm flat to do complete overhaul)...

u r always very confident and happy with ur purchases. reap both tangible and intangibles benefits....$$$ well spent

i ever got 'buyer's remorse' b4 wor .....must really learn from u
    Dun brood on the purchase and just make the best of it, that's how I stay positive. I pay a lot of attention to psf pricing, layout of unit and location. As long as these 3 factors are attractive, everything else can rectified thru renovation.

I usually change the kitchen, and bathroom floor and wall tiles, and give the unit a nice new coat of paint. Makes a lot of difference. And doesn't cost too much.

Default FH

nuts... i just bought another FH within 100m radius of PI for approx $700psf. PI pricing is simply unrealistic.
    Are you getting LE HILL?

Thanks,
    Richard

Dun brood on the purchase and just make the best of it, that's how I stay positive. I pay a lot of attention to psf pricing, layout of unit and location. As long as these 3 factors are attractive, everything else can rectified thru renovation.

I usually change the kitchen, and bathroom floor and wall tiles, and give the unit a nice new coat of paint. Makes a lot of difference. And doesn't cost too much.
    potential leaking which is not just limited to the bathrooms areas...potential frequent short circuit/power trips due to worn-out/hardened wirings...

i hf seen a unit which is only 8yo and spotted leaking problems on all bedrooms walls and bathrooms(suspected a/c pipes leaking)...big problems with concealed pipings....gd to see nia...hehe

potential leaking which is not just limited to the bathrooms areas...potential frequent short circuit/power trips due to worn-out/hardened wirings...

i hf seen a unit which is only 8yo and spotted leaking problems on all bedrooms walls and bathrooms(suspected a/c pipes leaking)...big problems with concealed pipings....gd to see nia...hehe
    Actually leaking can mean all sorts of issues. One of the key things which I look out for is structural issues - any cracks on key beams, spalling concrete or leaky ceilings. Walk around the whole devt, esp car park area and watch for signs of leaks. If it is false ceiling of the unit that leaks but areas without false ceilings (eg store and yard area) look fine, usually it's the aircon pipes. One thing which I like about older devts is that shoddy workmanship tend to show up within the first 5 years. After which I'd be able to gauge from the central beams and ceilings if the building structure is acceptable. Other things such as dated tiles and old furniture can be easily rectified.

There are certain types of units which I do not buy though, cos I deem them to be ticking time bombs. Units that are directly under a swimming pool (common for some boutique devts which the upstairs is the penthouse with private pool) or the top-floor units are naturally out. The ceilings of such units will inevitably leak with time, which spells big trouble cos rectification, if any, will be a costly and long-drawn affair.

Richwang, I like LeHill! Have been snooping ard for a while but haven't found a suitably priced unit yet. There's also a devt called The Peak up at Pepys Hill. Too bad units there are too exp. Otherwise would be at the top of my list. Sigh. The whole of pasir panjang hill and south buona vista has potential, being located in between One North and PSA port. A straight drive down will hit vivo. A curved drive up will hit One North. When the whole One North cluster and circle line is up, freehold south buona vista area would be a steal at 7xxpsf. My two cents.

Spalling concrete usually due to water seepage over time and it appears at weakest point, usually areas above toilet or kitchen and yes swimming pools. It can be rectified through proper grouting works if the area is not too big. Usually it happens overtime and not immediate so good workmanship is important. Thus buying from reputable developer is key.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

What if reputable developers uses unknown contractors? It seems that (and confirmed by actual surveys by many people that) buying properties built by good construction contractors are more important! Developers only determine the design and facilities, while qualities depend on construction contractors. Unfortunately, reputable main-con may use many sub-cons and that is where the weak points lies (and so no guarantee of qualities too despite more reputable main-con)!

Spalling concrete usually due to water seepage over time and it appears at weakest point, usually areas above toilet or kitchen and yes swimming pools. It can be rectified through proper grouting works if the area is not too big. Usually it happens overtime and not immediate so good workmanship is important. Thus buying from reputable developer is key.

These days reputable developers will use reputable main contractors and reputable main contractors will have few of their in house trade contractors to do the work.

Some developers pair up with main contractor and some main contractors have become developers themselves.

What I know is Far East uses Lian Beng Contractor. Woh Hup themselves are developer and main contractor.

The only thing about shoddy workmanship is when market very bad and smaller contractor / developer went burst and project under novation. The quality of the workmanship will be compensated due to the change of contractor and anyone buying into these projects will be in grave situation.

Some well known developer also built projects of lousy workmanship in the past. So it is not a 100% thing but reputable developers generally will provide better quality projects.
    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    What if reputable developers uses unknown contractors? It seems that (and confirmed by actual surveys by many people that) buying properties built by good construction contractors are more important! Developers only determine the design and facilities, while qualities depend on construction contractors. Unfortunately, reputable main-con may use many sub-cons and that is where the weak points lies (and so no guarantee of qualities too despite more reputable main-con)!

1) Not true. It all depends on costs and their tenders for the project.
    Another issue is when the developers sold the project at cheap price and then costs of construction went up by a lot (many examples around) and then you get developers squeezing main-cons and main-cons squeezing sub-cons and poor quality materials and worksmanship comes in.

2) The chance of you getting a quality project from a reputable-for-quality main-con is much higher than from a so-called well-known developer.

These days reputable developers will use reputable main contractors and reputable main contractors will have few of their in house trade contractors to do the work.

Some developers pair up with main contractor and some main contractors have become developers themselves.

What I know is Far East uses Lian Beng Contractor. Woh Hup themselves are developer and main contractor.

The only thing about shoddy workmanship is when market very bad and smaller contractor / developer went burst and project under novation. The quality of the workmanship will be compensated due to the change of contractor and anyone buying into these projects will be in grave situation.

Some well known developer also built projects of lousy workmanship in the past. So it is not a 100% thing but reputable developers generally will provide better quality projects.

I have personally experienced this 'wrong contractor makes a huge difference phenomena' for City Regency which sold in 2005 or 2006 but only TOP in 2009 being only one single block with barely any facilities.

The main con that time was some cheena sounding Peoy Heng or something and really couldn't make it until mid 2009 still no progress or only the basement dug. FG, the regular con of Fragrance then took over and wah lau within couple of months the whole building appeared and TOP in early Dec 2009. Ask the residents around the area and they will prove its true.

1) Developer and main con have reputation to uphold and there is a min. as to where they can go. There is code of practice to follow and clerk of works checks during construction period, QP, PE to check and sign. But sparing concrete etc if difficult to tell as it only appear after sometime. If it really happens, hopefully within the DLP period and within the 5 year warranty period.

2) If the developer don’t care of their reputation than got nothing to say. Caveat emptor.

3) “Developers squeezing main-cons and main-cons squeezing sub-cons and poor quality materials and workmanship comes in” - This will happen when market is really bad. What comes around goes around. The sub-con trade contractors may not want to work for them anymore and industrial player will spread news of their ill practices.

how is the workmanship?

I have personally experienced this 'wrong contractor makes a huge difference phenomena' for City Regency which sold in 2005 or 2006 but only TOP in 2009 being only one single block with barely any facilities.

The main con that time was some cheena sounding Peoy Heng or something and really couldn't make it until mid 2009 still no progress or only the basement dug. FG, the regular con of Fragrance then took over and wah lau within couple of months the whole building appeared and TOP in early Dec 2009. Ask the residents around the area and they will prove its true.

What you said probably true for luxury projects where they want to sell at >$2000 psf and above. For those <$1000 psf, the price already tell you the quality. There is only caveat emptor - the reputable developers didn't lie to you that the projects going to be luxury (/quality) right?
    All the so-called checks are just rubbish. You can have them scoring CONQUAS score of >90% for worksmanship but quality still sucks! (In that within 3-5 years, everything peeling/dropping off or getting spoilt / waters leaking!). Note that CONQUAS score only scores for initial worksmanship, not quality of materials used!

1) Developer and main con have reputation to uphold and there is a min. as to where they can go. There is code of practice to follow and clerk of works checks during construction period, QP, PE to check and sign. But sparing concrete etc if difficult to tell as it only appear after sometime. If it really happens, hopefully within the DLP period and within the 5 year warranty period.

2) If the developer don’t care of their reputation than got nothing to say. Caveat emptor.

3) “Developers squeezing main-cons and main-cons squeezing sub-cons and poor quality materials and workmanship comes in” - This will happen when market is really bad. What comes around goes around. The sub-con trade contractors may not want to work for them anymore and industrial player will spread news of their ill practices.

this double checks is necessary to prevent another Hotel New World collapse. :-) so it is still necessary bah.

how is the workmanship?
    Surprisingly not too bad at all! Two hands more than enough to count all detailed defects.

They say the the container port will eventually move out and the whole area can be developed into a waterfront place. But where can the port move to? Can someone enlighten me?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleur
    They say the the container port will eventually move out and the whole area can be developed into a waterfront place. But where can the port move to? Can someone enlighten me?

who are THEY ?

there has been alot of talks about moving the port but some also said that it is expanding still .. no sign of moving ...

even if there's plan it will be a long time more before it happens

best is still to buy with the intention to stay .. if it happens good .. if not ..still ok ..

THEY....
    http://business.asiaone.com/Business...02-245356.html

SINGAPORE - As City Developments (CDL) announced yesterday that about 75 per cent of the 150 units at its freehold Glyndebourne condo have been sold since the preview began on Friday, some other developers are rushing to try to release projects before the year-end holiday season sets in.
    UOL Group is expected to preview the freehold Spottiswoode Residences condo next week, and the price is expected to be about $2,000 per square feet (psf). About 90 per cent of the 351 units comprise one-bedroom, one-bedroom-plus-study and two-bedroom apartments.
    The project, a 36-storey tower, is next to Spottiswoode Park, a green lung in the area, and close to Tanjong Pagar, which is slated to be transformed into a new bustling waterfront district after the container terminals in the vicinity eventually move out.