Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast

Thread: Viva (D11, Freehold, Allgreen)

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Think interest rate going to 5% will be a long long time.
    Nowadays Negative interest rates more in vogue.
    There are even talks about aussie interest rates going negative.
    I think US interest rate go up by another 1% will be enough to see a lot more mortgage sales.
    Not really. Most have interest rates fixed in some form to 3-4 years down the road.

Also, many have TDSR set at 3.5% after 2013.

Also, income is still rising for the group that constitute owners.

Unless you have a relative willing to sell low to you, or you happen to be so lucky to bump into a fire sales seller without competing buyers, what you imagine is unlikely to happen soon, especially not in Singapore. Long before that happens, Govt would have done something to the game. Just look at car Coe prices, the lowest it went to was 38k. This was perhaps 20 times higher than the few thousand dollars it used to cost in 2009.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Not really. Most have interest rates fixed in some form to 3-4 years down the road.

Also, many have TDSR set at 3.5% after 2013.

Also, income is still rising for the group that constitute owners.

Unless you have a relative willing to sell low to you, or you happen to be so lucky to bump into a fire sales seller without competing buyers, what you imagine is unlikely to happen soon, especially not in Singapore. Long before that happens, Govt would have done something to the game. Just look at car Coe prices, the lowest it went to was 38k. This was perhaps 20 times higher than the few thousand dollars it used to cost in 2009.
    http://www.global-rates.com/interest...rest-rate.aspx
    Let's see what happens when it goes up by 1%
    We will revisit this topic.
    )
    The most successful investors are defined by their actions in a bear market, not a bull market.

On. Just dunno how many years it will take.

Happy waiting!

)

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

)
    My friend bought a 2 bedder unit on 14th floor at Gem, he told he is lucky to be balloted. I did tell him about the rate hike. He just laugh at it. I believe most if not majority of buyers were prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    My friend bought a 2 bedder unit on 14th floor at Gem, he told he is lucky to be balloted. I did tell him about the rate hike. He just laugh at it. I believe most if not majority of buyers were prepared.
    What about those who are not prepared?
    Maybe lose his/her job? Cant find tenant? Cannot service the loan?
    I only have $ to buy 1 property. So i only need 1 durian to drop from the tree.
    Hopefully its Mao San Wang.
    The most successful investors are defined by their actions in a bear market, not a bull market.

Low interest rate those who need to buy or long term investor should quickly secure. Low interest is when speculators and short term investor come in.

When interest goes up, price is just as likely to stay the same. This is especially all the measures target speculation.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

On. Just dunno how many years it will take.

Happy waiting!
    Property investment is supposed to be "long" term.

Precisely. Those who bought their properties last time at below 500psf, do you think they will be that concerned if it was 50psf more or less?

Or those who bought at 50psf, would they be that particular over that 5psf difference.

More important is to start early and plan the financing properly. Time a bit yes, but surely can't time to the precise point.

Property investment is supposed to be "long" term.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

What about those who are not prepared?
    Maybe lose his/her job? Cant find tenant? Cannot service the loan?
    I only have $ to buy 1 property. So i only need 1 durian to drop from the tree.
    Hopefully its Mao San Wang.
    How many are not prepared? You have many of them in your circle of friends and relatives? I never have anyone not prepare in my circle if not I can have fire sales from them. Perhaps when it is time for fire sale I also will not accept I will wait further or bigger fire sales sighs

Precisely. Those who bought their properties last time at below 500psf, do you think they will be that concerned if it was 50psf more or less?

Or those who bought at 50psf, would they be that particular over that 5psf difference.

More important is to start early and plan the financing properly. Time a bit yes, but surely can't time to the precise point.
    My "long" term refers to holding power, in reply to your "Low interest is when speculators and short term investor come in" quote.
    So if one is a short term player/speculator, who bought during 2011-2014, some of them dont have that kind of holding power.
    Example: someone i know bought 3 units, 20% down for each unit.
    If % rate goes up, cannot find tenant then how? At times like this, timing is everything. (im not buying to stay)

How many are not prepared? You have many of them in your circle of friends and relatives? I never have anyone not prepare in my circle if not I can have fire sales from them. Perhaps when it is time for fire sale I also will not accept I will wait further or bigger fire sales sighs
    I think if your friends or relatives want to firesale you might not want to buy from them.
    Imagine lowballing someone you actually know, that will just sour the relationship.
    Been down that path. Only lowball someone you dont know.

I think if your friends or relatives want to firesale you might not want to buy from them.
    Imagine lowballing someone you actually know, that will just sour the relationship.
    Been down that path. Only lowball someone you dont know.
    Depending on situation , lowball during bad times is helping and low ball during good times is insane.

My "long" term refers to holding power, in reply to your "Low interest is when speculators and short term investor come in" quote.
    So if one is a short term player/speculator, who bought during 2011-2014, some of them dont have that kind of holding power.
    Example: someone i know bought 3 units, 20% down for each unit.
    If % rate goes up, cannot find tenant then how? At times like this, timing is everything. (im not buying to stay)
    Don't assume that someone bought 3 units with 20 % down for each has no holding power or backup plan. Buying property is not buying stock or any other investments.

Don't assume that someone bought 3 units with 20 % down for each has no holding power or backup plan. Buying property is not buying stock or any other investments.
    I'not assuming that. What i'm assuming is that with your very positive mindset, Singapore's Property Market will be very stable, immune to shocks cos people you know are all so prudent with their finances.

I'not assuming that. What i'm assuming is that with your very positive mindset, Singapore's Property Market will be very stable, immune to shocks cos people you know are all so prudent with their finances.
    Its actually with the "negative" and well intentioned mindset of the Govt, Singapore's Property Market had been crafted to be very stable, immune to shocks cos people were forced to be prudent with their finances.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Therefore I said don't assume, if I have a very positive mindset on singapore's property market I could have invested like master Kelonguni. Just ask yourself can any ordinary folks buy 3 units with 20% without backup plan and holding power?

Therefore I said don't assume, if I have a very positive mindset on singapore's property market I could have invested like master Kelonguni. Just ask yourself can any ordinary folks buy 3 units with 20% without backup plan and holding power?
    I think you have just assumed.
    So sellers who are have sold their CCR properties and lost $ sometimes in access of 20% are ordinary folks? So these people who have bought CCR properties for > $3M are not prudent with their finances, no holding power and do not have backup plans? Does this mean they are your kind of "ordinary" folks?

The LTV ratio used to be 90 or 95% before 2009 I think,

Anyone who decided to cheong then with some savings can aim for 3million or multiple units quite easily. Generally speaking, ordinary folks from 2000 to 2014 would not have dared to consider CCR. It was with the dip in price and the growth in income that more "ordinary" folks opted for CCR.

Mine either fully paid or more than 20%. Give me a few more years to perhaps go for one last one. Yes hope for further dip.

So sellers who are have sold their CCR properties and lost $ sometimes in access of 20% are ordinary folks? So these people who have bought CCR properties for > $3M are not prudent with their finances, no holding power and do not have backup plans? Does this mean they are your kind of "ordinary" folks?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Did I say that , can you read properly ?

Did I say that , can you read properly ?
    "Just ask yourself can any ordinary folks buy 3 units with 20% without backup plan and holding power?"

Aren't you assuming that the example i quoted had holding power?
    Are you looking to buy a property within 6-12mths time?
    Why dont you walk the talk like Kelongguni?
    If not , what does this matter to you?

The LTV ratio used to be 90 or 95% before 2009 I think,

Anyone who decided to cheong then with some savings can aim for 3million or multiple units quite easily. Generally speaking, ordinary folks from 2000 to 2014 would not have dared to consider CCR. It was with the dip in price and the growth in income that more "ordinary" folks opted for CCR.

Mine either fully paid or more than 20%. Give me a few more years to perhaps go for one last one. Yes hope for further dip.
    If one is buying for own stay, the timing of the purchase would be less important than that of an investor.
    Even if prices were to swing +/- 20%, does not matter much to an owner occupier.
    I stayed in CCR for 20 years until we were "forced" to leave. Regardless of what people say about the diminishing differential factors of OCR/RCR/CCR, i still prefer living in the CCR.

"Just ask yourself can any ordinary folks buy 3 units with 20% without backup plan and holding power?"

Oh I see your point , I should phase it "how can a ordinary folks instead of can a ordinary folks"
    Yes I'm looking into property investment when it crash and still waiting.
    Don't understand the walk the talk as I don't have positive mindset on property like those masters.
    Property matters to all Singaporean if not everyone.
    Last but not least, how can a person buy 3 units with 20% each has no holding power and back up plan ? I m not convinced by this.
    Last edited by Citizen; 05-06-16 at 12:39.

Last but not least, how can a person buy 3 units with 20% each has no holding power and back up plan ? I m not convinced by this.
    Let me share a real case. This guy bought a landed property and sold in 2009 with a gain of 600k(if sold one year later add a million to it), bought 3 FH property with positive cash flow, bought one for own stay. Sold one property a few week ago and now have 600K cash. the other two property rental able to cover the own stay mortgage.

Oh I see your point , I should phase it "how can a ordinary folks instead of can a ordinary folks"
    Yes I'm looking into property investment when it crash and still waiting.
    Don't understand the walk the talk as I don't have positive mindset on property like those masters.
    Property matters to all Singaporean if not everyone.

I'm not sure about you, but i was actively looking into buying since Feb this year so went to view > 20 different condos.
    Typically for a resale condo, the reasons for selling given by the agents would be either of the below 2:

1) Seller holding multiple units
    2) Seller bought from floorplan, when he/she receive the keys to the unit, found that its not what they want.

From my personal understanding of holding power, if one have the cash, it would not be 20% down on multiple units.
    20% down on multiple units to me highly leverage and speculative in nature.
    People with the $ will put down way more than 20%.
    They are basically looking for a quick flip (before SSD was introduced in 2011 Jan, i always remember this measure cos we bought in 2011 Jan)
    We almost back out of the option when the government announced the measure, but hey, i'm buying for own stay so what the heck, just buy lor.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Let me share a real case. This guy bought a landed property and sold in 2009 with a gain of 600k(if sold one year later add a million to it), bought 3 FH property with positive cash flow, bought one for own stay. Sold one property a few week ago and now have 600K cash. the other two property rental able to cover the own stay mortgage.
    Aiyo sold the landed before the price exploded.
    The real capital appreciation for landed is from late 2009 to mid 2014.

I'm not sure about you, but i was actively looking into buying since Feb this year so went to view > 20 different condos.
    Typically for a resale condo, the reasons for selling given by the agents would be either of the below 2:

1) Seller holding multiple units
    2) Seller bought from floorplan, when he/she receive the keys to the unit, found that its not what they want.

From my personal understanding of holding power, if one have the cash, it would not be 20% down on multiple units.
    20% down on multiple units to me highly leverage and speculative in nature.
    People with the $ will put down way more than 20%.
    They are basically looking for a quick flip (before SSD was introduced in 2011 Jan, i always remember this measure cos we bought in 2011 Jan)
    We almost back out of the option when the government announced the measure, but hey, i'm buying for own stay so what the heck, just buy lor.
    First and foremost, generally agents like to say what you like to hear. It could be real or right reasons no one know and not important but of course sellers know. What matters most is the buyers can meet most if not all his requirements. Secondly it is not mandatory that have cash cannot leverage to the teeth. It depends on interest rate environment. I have relative and friend who leverage on properties and use the cash to invest in bonds and stocks. But by then the interest hike they would have redeem the bonds the repay the loan. We look forward to the interest hike which I have waited for many years. Happy waiting cheers!

First and foremost, generally agents like to say what you like to hear. It could be real or right reasons no one Bank not in know and not important but of course sellers know. What matters most is the buyers can meet most if not all his requirements. Secondly it is not mandatory that have cash cannot leverage to the teeth. It depends on interest rate environment. I have relative and friend who leverage on properties and use the cash to invest in bonds and stocks. But by then the interest hike they would have redeem the bonds the repay the loan. We look forward to the interest hike which I have waited for many years. Happy waiting cheers!
    The interest rate will sure go up, the problem is when.

If you are given the right to print money, to borrow any amount of money. Will you raise interest rate because everyone say raise interest rate is the correct way forward?

Janet is the other half of Ben, who tell the world by printing lot of money inflation is under control because the money in the central Bank not in circulation.

When the World know they can print money, who in the right mind will say No.

Southbank 2006 cost 535,000 for 2 Bedroom now sell 1.4 to 1.5 million, the land, the build aged, the supply increased why the extra, don't worry not inflation just that people willing to pay extra.

Last edited by Arcachon; 05-06-16 at 20:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    The interest rate will sure go up, the problem is when.

If you are given the right to print money, to borrow any amount of money. Will you raise interest rate because everyone say raise interest rate is the correct way forward?

Janet is the other half of Ben, who tell the world by printing lot of money inflation is under control because the money in the central Bank not in circulation.

When the World know they can print money, who in the right mind will say No.

Southbank 2006 cost 535,000 for 2 Bedroom now sell 1.4 to 1.5 million, the land, the build aged, the supply increased why the extra, don't worry not inflation just that people willing to pay extra.

Bro, yes we all know your Southbank Classic example.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 11 CCR Freehold Resale 1 2,050,000 - 1,044 Strata 26 to 30 1,963 Oct-16

any bro bought this?

Not many 2 roomers for sale
    This one reasonable price for high floor at current rate but blocked view

always feel that viva way more expensive than surrounding condos esp the transactions bet 2000-2500pfs, like orchard road

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 11 CCR Freehold Resale 1 2,050,000 - 1,044 Strata 26 to 30 1,963 Oct-16

any bro bought this?