Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Viva (D11, Freehold, Allgreen)

Got this from another website.

Status as of Aug 17, 2009

The official launch of Viva at Novena was on last Friday, where many units were already sold during the preview. Today, Viva is officially 87% sold, with 204 out of 235 snapped up by buyers.
    Buyers recognizes the value of the project attributed mostly to its prime locality just right next to United Square. It’s also less congested among the other projects found in the vicinity. There are 3 main selling factors to the project:-
    1. Location
    2. Very functional layout (Good size)
    3. Quality Finishing
    What is left after today?
    Till date, what is remaining are:-
    Download the latest updated Viva sold units here.

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspinner

Status as of Aug 17, 2009

The official launch of Viva at Novena was on last Friday, where many units were already sold during the preview. Today, Viva is officially 87% sold, with 204 out of 235 snapped up by buyers.
    Buyers recognizes the value of the project attributed mostly to its prime locality just right next to United Square. It’s also less congested among the other projects found in the vicinity. There are 3 main selling factors to the project:-
    1. Location
    3. Quality Finishing
    What is left after today?
    Till date, what is remaining are:- Download the latest updated Viva sold units here.
    Thanks. Pls keep us updated.

Quote Originally Posted by duckweed
    if don't drive, not convenient to get to scgs. besides, don't think it's within 1km. if want to be near scgs, should consider getting the trevose or trevose park. can walk to school.
    I don't mean transport easiness to SCGS, that can be solved easily by school bus. More important for parents is to have opportunities to register their girls. For SCGS, as I study for the past years, staying within 1-2km have very good chance to avoid ballot. More than 2km low/no chance liao. Viva right within 1-2km to SCGS.

Quote Originally Posted by chenjdd
    I don't mean transport easiness to SCGS, that can be solved easily by school bus. More important for parents is to have opportunities to register their girls. For SCGS, as I study for the past years, staying within 1-2km have very good chance to avoid ballot. More than 2km low/no chance liao. Viva right within 1-2km to SCGS.
    Nowadays, even 1km or 1-2km also have to ballet for "branded" schools like SCGS and ACSJ. My girl got balleted cos last half hour before closure, many parents come with S&P agreements to say they are 1km within SCGS. Quite a few condos will be coming up along bukit timah road. Suggest you rent for 1 year around trevose and move back to Viva.

Convenience wise Viva is excellent for shopping, tuition and eat-out.

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspinner

. There are 3 main selling factors to the project:-
    1. Location
    3. Quality Finishing
    Park Infinia seems to have good facilities and is just as near to United SQ. Can anyone point me to another link which has floor layout and also any comments on the quality of finishing?

Just been to the Viva showroom today.
    The layout is nice, appliances provided are nice and some of the finishing touches are good.
    Even the showroom carpark was full in the afternoon.
    I was surprised that many people were looking at the larger unit than the smaller unit.
    Are they seeing something that I'm not?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

So have you bought a unit?

Quote Originally Posted by chenjdd
    we considered its super convenience
    MRT for non-driving families
    big site with full facilities- good for kids and elders at home to run around, making friends, etc
    shopping very convenient
    schools in UQ
    ACS for boy SCGS for girl
    eateries - we eat outside 2-3 times a week
    interior quality looks good
    however time for us to consider is too short, choice of units already limited, not our more desired unit

could it be that the smaller units have significantly higher psf?

Quote Originally Posted by dunatos
    Just been to the Viva showroom today.
    The layout is nice, appliances provided are nice and some of the finishing touches are good.
    Even the showroom carpark was full in the afternoon.
    I was surprised that many people were looking at the larger unit than the smaller unit.
    Are they seeing something that I'm not?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    could it be that the smaller units have significantly higher psf?
    I think that is one reason. Another is that supply of smaller units is massive and bigger units are becoming a rare commodity. So it should command a premium in the longer term.

i think vivia at $1600 psf is record in the area. correct me if i'm incorrect please.

Cool

All:

I went on Sunday evening and was told that all 2BR were sold and smallest units are the 2+1 (6 suffolk stack 5, 6). I was given a brochure for 8 Suffolk and was told that 3+1 BR (1345 sqf) available from 20 to 29 floors, stack (9, 11). So it is surprising to see so many units gone.

Also, with DPS, 7% discount and without DPS, 10% discount. The average price is around 16xx psf for the 3+1. I think it is over-priced. But then, I was told Lincoln Suites will be launching this weekend at 18xx psf.

The agent was telling me that at 2M (1600x1345x0.97), the 3+1 can fetch 7K monthly rental as there are a lot of foreign doctors blah blah.... I can only say: a load of rubbish! (Bullshit to be exact!). Of course, I did not say that to him.

The property market is becoming ridiculous. Good luck to the buyers, either they make big bucks or be saddled with large loans for a long, long time. (Does not apply to the rich though, c'est la vie).

Please buy within your means. Always questions what agents say - ultimately, they are just doing their job, trying to list all the positives assuming utopian conditions!

BR
    TBM

Quote Originally Posted by dfstan
    i think vivia at $1600 psf is record in the area. correct me if i'm incorrect please.
    Well if you can consider Park Infinia as the same area, the highest was $1700 for a unit on the 28th story during Oct 07. I haven't check Lucida. It was also rather high.

if i were to compare Viva with PI, my observations are as follows:

Viva:
    1) units have better layout and use of space
    2) definitely much better fittings and finishing
    3) more convenient location for those not driving - faster to get to bus-stop along thomson (but not those at newton) and mrt
    4) fewer units - so should be deemed as less crowded

PI:
    1) much better views (for those not blocked by viva, namely towers 2 and 2A)
    2) bigger land - don't think viva has much grounds for kids to roam as they are all landscaped
    3) better accessibility with 2 entrances/exits
    4) nicer address - for those who are bothered with this, not that it really matters

both are good for those with school-going kids, close to amenities. suffolk walk may be rather busy in future, since both properties will use this road, along with thomson baptist church worshippers.

in terms of facilities, don't think there's much differences, although i could be wrong as i didn't pick up the brochure when i visited viva showflat some time back.

A very good and concise comparison indeed. Was told while at showflat that VIVA land size is half of PI.

No lah. Newton Suites nearby highest price transacted $1981 psf. Lucida highest price transacted so far is $1721 psf.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    No lah. Newton Suites nearby highest price transacted $1981 psf. Lucida highest price transacted so far is $1721 psf.
    Pple in this PI forum get very religious defining whether PI is considered Newton or Novena. The argument is that if they deemed it to be a different "feel" in another road, it would justify a price difference

Newton suites is considered Newton but PI is in between Newton and Novena. Should there also be a distincion between Suffolk Road, Suffolk Walk, Lincoln Road versus the likes of Thomson Euro Asia and Soliel on the opposite?

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    Pple in this PI forum get very religious defining whether PI is considered Newton or Novena. The argument is that if they deemed it to be a different "feel" in another road, it would justify a price difference

Newton suites is considered Newton but PI is in between Newton and Novena. Should there also be a distincion between Suffolk Road, Suffolk Walk, Lincoln Road versus the likes of Thomson Euro Asia and Soliel on the opposite?
    i'm consfused. care to elaborate further, please?

Ai yo, Newton Suites in Newton? What is definition of Newton? As far as I know, Newton Suites is under URA Novena planning area, including Residences@Evelyn, Newton One, Park Infinia, Thomson Euro Asia, Strata etc. So there is really no big difference except the exact location. In fact, Newton Suites is so much more closer to Novena MRT station than Newton MRT station. Actually, I would think that being closer to Novena MRT station is better because of the surrounding amenities and shopping malls. It is also easier to get onto CTE & PIE (both directions) from Novena MRT area than Newton MRT area.

only time will tell if at the price is a good buy. pray hard to those who bought it.

only time will tell if at the price is a good buy. pray hard to those who bought it.

pardon me.. but, buy if u can hold
    cannot hold then need to pray, then got problem liao

Quote Originally Posted by august
    pardon me.. but, buy if u can hold
    cannot hold then need to pray, then got problem liao
    just to clarify your comments please,

are you saying at this price psf is worth the investment, if one can hold?

or let's put it another perspective, worth if for own stay?

i'm consfused. care to elaborate further, please?
    It means that they don't consider the $psf for Newton Suites or R@Evelyn which is more exclusive Newton area can be compared to Viva or PI which is deemed more Novena area. In other words if PI/Viva is $1500psf then anything on Lincoln road, trilight, R@Evelyn should be priced even higher:-)

It means that they don't consider the $psf for Newton Suites or R@Evelyn which is more exclusive Newton area can be compared to Viva or PI which is deemed more Novena area. In other words if PI/Viva is $1500psf then anything on Lincoln road, trilight, R@Evelyn should be priced even higher:-)
    technically yes but also depends on supply and demand, i guess.

some may perceive novena more amenities whereby some view newton more exlcusive. however, i do understand your perspective.

again, i wonder where does these ppl get their monies from enabling to jump into the wagon? flippers?

Ai yo, Newton Suites in Newton? What is definition of Newton? As far as I know, Newton Suites is under URA Novena planning area, including Residences@Evelyn, Newton One, Park Infinia, Thomson Euro Asia, Strata etc. So there is really no big difference except the exact location. In fact, Newton Suites is so much more closer to Novena MRT station than Newton MRT station. Actually, I would think that being closer to Novena MRT station is better because of the surrounding amenities and shopping malls. It is also easier to get onto CTE & PIE (both directions) from Novena MRT area than Newton MRT area.
    Yes I agreed with everything you've said. However if you go and read all the recent threads, there is almost unanimous belief that if PI or Viva is at $1500, then Trilight/Evelyn should be $1800 because they are in a more exclusive area compared to condos near Thomson road which are deemed closer to "Hospital town"

I believe your conclusion is wrong. You can go to check what are the recent prices being transacted at Residences@Evelyn vs PI and see whether people have paid a premium for them vs PI. The transacted prices seem to indicate that there is no difference between the 2, i.e. people are not paying a premium for Res@Evelyn now vs PI.

Yes I agreed with everything you've said. However if you go and read all the recent threads, there is almost unanimous belief that if PI or Viva is at $1500, then Trilight/Evelyn should be $1800 because they are in a more exclusive area compared to condos near Thomson road which are deemed closer to "Hospital town"

so what is the $ psf in this region typically?

I believe your conclusion is wrong. You can go to check what are the recent prices being transacted at Residences@Evelyn vs PI and see whether people have paid a premium for them vs PI. The transacted prices seem to indicate that there is no difference between the 2, i.e. people are not paying a premium for Res@Evelyn now vs PI.
    I said there is a belief but here are the facts during the peak of the property boom in 2007.
    Evelyn=> $2345=#11, $1956=#23 , $1934=#19
    Newton 1 => $2000=#23, $1900=#22, $1850=#25
    PI=> $1700=#28, $1699=#29 , $1649=#13

The caveats now are a little hard to compare since PI has about 20 transactions in Jun, Evelyn= 1 or 2, Newton 1= 4 transactions

I agree with andy on this. In 2007 peak, Residences @ Evelyn and Newton One commanded a premium in psf vs PI. The recent observation that PI has equal psf to the other 2 is because:
    1) developer unloading premium units at high psf has helped to entice interest and more transactions in PI.
    2) R@E, many units were tenanted out in late 2007 and those who want to sell would probably only be starting now vs earlier this year.
    3) R@E and Newton One have very big unit sizes. In 2007, it did not matter what the $ quantum was. This year, so far, my observation is that those super big sized units tend to command a slightly lower psf mainly because of the high $ quantum required. However, as the market improves, that is changing as well and the discount for bigger units is lessening.

In a way, R@E and Newton One are "undervalued" relative to PI but it won't be easy to find low asking prices in current times at these 2 developments either.

Personally, I would prefer PI over the other 2 developments but only if PI is at a discount.

I said there is a belief but here are the facts during the peak of the property boom in 2007.
    Evelyn=> $2345=#11, $1956=#23 , $1934=#19
    Newton 1 => $2000=#23, $1900=#22, $1850=#25
    PI=> $1700=#28, $1699=#29 , $1649=#13

The caveats now are a little hard to compare since PI has about 20 transactions in Jun, Evelyn= 1 or 2, Newton 1= 4 transactions

I agree with andy on this. In 2007 peak, Residences @ Evelyn and Newton One commanded a premium in psf vs PI. The recent observation that PI has equal psf to the other 2 is because:
    1) developer unloading premium units at high psf has helped to entice interest and more transactions in PI.
    2) R@E, many units were tenanted out in late 2007 and those who want to sell would probably only be starting now vs earlier this year.
    3) R@E and Newton One have very big unit sizes. In 2007, it did not matter what the $ quantum was. This year, so far, my observation is that those super big sized units tend to command a slightly lower psf mainly because of the high $ quantum required. However, as the market improves, that is changing as well and the discount for bigger units is lessening.

In a way, R@E and Newton One are "undervalued" relative to PI but it won't be easy to find low asking prices in current times at these 2 developments either.

Personally, I would prefer PI over the other 2 developments but only if PI is at a discount.
    What about PI vs VIVA? Which would you prefer and reasons?

I'm not sure about Newton1 since there is 1 block where the windows and balconies of units above 15flr facing the Istana is completely blocked out by opaque screen louvres.

Does anyone know when this became law and if R@E and PI didn't have this requirement, then doesn't this defeat the purpose of the security objective it was intended?