Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Viva (D11, Freehold, Allgreen)

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspinner
    I don't know but I have a feel that VIVA units will appreciate in value faster than those in Mount Sinai/Holland area. Opinion?
    In property it is location, location and location which translates to next to shops & banks & medical, next to MRT and next to Orchard/Marina Bay.

I don't know if VIVA will appreciate in due time but assuming both locations can appreciate in value, then VIVA or Newton location is likely to go higher.

How about Lincoln Suites vs VIVA? What is your take?

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    In property it is location, location and location which translates to next to shops & banks & medical, next to MRT and next to Orchard/Marina Bay.

I don't know if VIVA will appreciate in due time but assuming both locations can appreciate in value, then VIVA or Newton location is likely to go higher.

I will still take VIVA given its land size, which gives a feeling of space. I find its 50 sqm/per unit is at higher side in Singapore yet it's at prime area. I also consider its' high-end design and fittings.

I much hesitated between Shelford area, Holand area and Novena/Newton. Shelford and Holand (inner area) are more quiet, and I also like Shelford area's low floor feeling, but since this time we are more for investment than own stay, we still go for Novena/Newton.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    my personal feel is also it is still definitely faster to drive from newton circus to GWC than from Mt. Sinai, no matter how bad the peak hour traffic jam is.

by actual distance ..Newton to GWC is shorter ... BUT the slow traffic at the cicus and the jam along scotts is bad ,,

while ulu pandang thru holland , grange is very smooth ..

i totally agree with OILMAN ... i have driven that way many times .. and always regretted taking the newton - GWC way

will be worse nextr time .. look at the way people cross the road between ION and Borders .. total disregard for traffic lights ..

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

while ulu pandang thru holland , grange is very smooth ..
    Have you driven between gleneagles hospital in holland to grange during peak hours? This stretch is a parking lot during that time;-) Or is there another way to Grange road?

Have you driven between gleneagles hospital in holland to grange during peak hours? This stretch is a parking lot during that time;-) Or is there another way to Grange road?
    if u are going to grange you shud keep to the right as you approach gleneagles ...traffic slows down in front of hosp and left turning lane into orchard area.. while right lane is smooth

not comparable rite? Lincoln suites is small tiny units on a pathetic small plot of land, how to compare to viva? lincoln suites is just an attempt for developer who paid a record price for the site at the peak in 2007 to sell at high psf. blocked left right and centre by other condos i believe?

not comparable rite? Lincoln suites is small tiny units on a pathetic small plot of land, how to compare to viva? lincoln suites is just an attempt for developer who paid a record price for the site at the peak in 2007 to sell at high psf. blocked left right and centre by other condos i believe?
    How about Trizon and L'viv along Newton then? Think Newton MRT is going to be the main Interchange for Orchard and Downtown. Should be pretty hot if the pricing is attractive.

LOL, L'VIV will probably be launched when prices are not attractive but sentiment even hotter You referring to Trilight and not trizon?

How about Trizon and L'viv along Newton then? Think Newton MRT is going to be the main Interchange for Orchard and Downtown. Should be pretty hot if the pricing is attractive.

LOL, L'VIV will probably be launched when prices are not attractive but sentiment even hotter You referring to Trilight and not trizon?
    L'viv breakeven is around $1050psf. It is smaller plot of land around 50,000sqft. Ascentia Sky originally was targeted around $1000psf but later launch higher. So wing tai could launch L'viv around $1600 to $1700 to make a handsome profit.

Sorry it should be trilight. Anyone has any idea what's the targeted $psf?

L'viv breakeven is around $1050psf. It is smaller plot of land around 50,000sqft. Ascentia Sky originally was targeted around $1000psf but later launch higher. So wing tai could launch L'viv around $1600 to $1700 to make a handsome profit.

trilight land was purchased at $990 psf ppr so including construction and interest cost, breakeven should be at least $1400psf. i suppose it will launch at around $1800psf or more? newton one is already quoting $1700psf or so and new projects typically price at a premium of 10-20% ...

Quote Originally Posted by meeth18
    trilight land was purchased at $990 psf ppr so including construction and interest cost, breakeven should be at least $1400psf. i suppose it will launch at around $1800psf or more? newton one is already quoting $1700psf or so and new projects typically price at a premium of 10-20% ...
    Can someone explain to me why there should be a 10-20% premium for a unit 3 years from TOP versus a unit that has just TOP but has NEVER been occupied (e.g., Newton 1), that is, it is new.

I find this premium fascinating since buyers are actually willing to pay more for a unit they cannot see vesus one that has been built

Can someone explain to me why there should be a 10-20% premium for a unit 3 years from TOP versus a unit that has just TOP but has NEVER been occupied (e.g., Newton 1), that is, it is new.

I find this premium fascinating since buyers are actually willing to pay more for a unit they cannot see vesus one that has been built
    just some strange singaporean mentality i suppose... agree that it does not make sense but we are seeing it in projects like ascentia sky vs metropolitan. By the time trilight is launched, newton one will no longer be 'brand new'. developers like ho bee may have the power to hold on to trilight until they feel it's a good price to launch... anyway not that many new projects in the vicinity to compete except for l'viv.

Wing Tai is greedy, i think they may wait for sentiment to be stronger then gun for 1800 to 2000psf. Luckily Ascentia Sky sales are not going so well, teach them a lesson. I still advocate avoid A. Sky, just doesn't make sense at all.

there are many reasons, some valid, some not so i suppose a small premium is justified but above 10% is probably too wide.

1) New launches are obviously newer projects and likely come with better fittings as well.
    2) New projects may be smaller in sq ft, hence, psf is higher while quantum is not that far off. New projects which have higher sq ft and higher psf combined are the killers.
    3) Cash flow reasons: for new projects, need not fork out so much for next 3 years and the bulk of loan and interest payments kick in nearer to TOP. counter argument is of course rental should rightly be an offset to these payments for existing projects so i guess the argument is more valid for those purchasing for own stay.
    4) purchase for own stay has just enough for downpayment now and needs 3 years to build up their reserves and higher income to meet monthly payments so they do not mind paying the higher price.
    5) speculators love the low need for downpayment and do not mind paying however big a premium. when there are enough of such people around, the gap between existing and new projects increases.

Quote Originally Posted by meeth18
    just some strange singaporean mentality i suppose... agree that it does not make sense but we are seeing it in projects like ascentia sky vs metropolitan. By the time trilight is launched, newton one will no longer be 'brand new'. developers like ho bee may have the power to hold on to trilight until they feel it's a good price to launch... anyway not that many new projects in the vicinity to compete except for l'viv.

Any new development for this development? Saw in property website, 2/3 bedders now asking for > $1,700 psf!! Anybody know whether subsale at this level transacted?

i finally visited the showflat last sat. was told other than penthouses, left 5 4-bedders and 5 2+study (maybe less now) so around 95% sold already.

Any new development for this development? Saw in property website, 2/3 bedders now asking for > $1,700 psf!! Anybody know whether subsale at this level transacted?

i finally visited the showflat last sat. was told other than penthouses, left 5 4-bedders and 5 2+study (maybe less now) so around 95% sold already.
    So what is your opinion of this development? Is it worth the asking price? Upside potential? How is this development compare to other launches todate?

based on the remaining units, i would say asking price for 4 bedders at 1600psf are fair. but for 2+ study very high floor (but park infinia view ie no view), >1700psf is not worth.

there are hardly any equivalent launches in D11 so i guess it is the best so far. Lincoln Suites waiting for VIVA to sell out so that they can launch at an obscene price. vs sophia residences, i have a personal preference for this place vs sophia so my views are biased towards here.

upside potential i seriously don't know. the agent said in time to come (3 to 5 years), sure surpass 2000psf lah but somehow, i can't imagine prices above 2000psf subsales for VIVA with the large amount of prime supply coming out in the next 3 years. So my feel is upside is not much at say 10 to 15% to just under 2000psf. After less off 3% stamp duty and 1 to 2% agents' commissions, end up with peanut profits for all the risks.

So what is your opinion of this development? Is it worth the asking price? Upside potential? How is this development compare to other launches todate?

upside potential i seriously don't know. the agent said in time to come (3 to 5 years), sure surpass 2000psf lah but somehow, i can't imagine prices above 2000psf subsales for VIVA with the large amount of prime supply coming out in the next 3 years. So my feel is upside is not much at say 10 to 15% to just under 2000psf. After less off 3% stamp duty and 1 to 2% agents' commissions, end up with peanut profits for all the risks.
    really, the last person to listen to is the agent ...

If you can get a 2bedder for <$1600, I feel it is worthwhile.

There is no more land of this size in the Newton/Novena area with the exception of Trilight. What I heard is that Trilight launch $psf will be ridiculously high.

We also need to rethink the assumption if Newton is $2000 then Orchard will be $3000. I believe the city fringe appreciating more compared to Orchard/Scotts/Carnhill.

today's BT said trilight may be launched next month.

There is no more land of this size in the Newton/Novena area with the exception of Trilight. What I heard is that Trilight launch $psf will be ridiculously high.

We also need to rethink the assumption if Newton is $2000 then Orchard will be $3000. I believe the city fringe appreciating more compared to Orchard/Scotts/Carnhill.

today's BT said trilight may be launched next month.
    I would not buy anything from Ho Bee no matter what the price? Anyway $2000psf is the rumour

Thank you so much for all the opinions. I am thinking more of the 4 bedder. Going forward 4 bedders may become a rare commodity as most of the units are 1/2 or 3 bedders of ridiculously small size in most launches and Singaporean transit to smaller pigeon holes. Do you think a 4 bedder will be a better bet??

Thank you so much for all the opinions. I am thinking more of the 4 bedder. Going forward 4 bedders may become a rare commodity as most of the units are 1/2 or 3 bedders of ridiculously small size in most launches and Singaporean transit to smaller pigeon holes. Do you think a 4 bedder will be a better bet??
    4 bedders are stack 7 or stack 8. I believe stack 1 is sold out, being the lowest quantum. Stack 1 and Stack 8 has that funny basins in the middle of the master bedroom. I believe all owners will hack this feature out upon CSC. Stack 7 has the best views for the 4 bedders. All are N/S facing very important to avoid noon sun since the no GFA bay windows ruling came along.

Low floors => lower quantum, lesser risk & higher chance for appreciation. But I don't think you can flip and make a capital gain quickly, unlike the 2 bedders. Downside will be cushioned by Lincoln Suites and Trilight $psf.

4 bedders are stack 7 or stack 8. I believe stack 1 is sold out, being the lowest quantum. Stack 1 and Stack 8 has that funny basins in the middle of the master bedroom. I believe all owners will hack this feature out upon CSC. Stack 7 has the best views for the 4 bedders. All are N/S facing very important to avoid noon sun since the no GFA bay windows ruling came along.

Low floors => lower quantum, lesser risk & higher chance for appreciation. But I don't think you can flip and make a capital gain quickly, unlike the 2 bedders. Downside will be cushioned by Lincoln Suites and Trilight $psf.
    Thank you. I share the same view. Absolute quantum is a concern really. Not many players are willing to commit more than S$3.0 million to a bet that the economy is recovering and hence the STI and the Singapore property market will appreciate in tandem going forward.

i hear trilight site has been cleared of all equipments

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    i hear trilight site has been cleared of all equipments
    Mean launching soon?

Notice this project isn't sold out until now? There are some penthouses, 2 bedders, 2+1 bedders and 4 bedders available for sale from the developer! What happen? Thought this is a popular project???????????????

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by URA
    Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of August 2009

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    VIVA .............. CCR ....... 218 ...................... 203 ....................... 1,846 ........... 1,537 .......... 1,385
    Wow!
    They sold 203 units in August and left only 17 units as of 31st August.

Did they sell these remaining 17 units during September?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Heard many Indonesians bought Viva.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Wow!
    They sold 203 units in August and left only 17 units as of 31st August.

Did they sell these remaining 17 units during September?