Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 131

Thread: Lilydale

  1. #21

    Default

    Hi Sgysfj,
    mine is tenanted, so i can't comment on the tenancy mix.
    isit really so important? U will only own 1 unit there. there r total 300+ unit in lilydale. owners may rent out their units 2moro. I may chg tenant nex yr. tenancy mix is beyond us and tis shldnt b a concern, seriously (from my pt of view).
    Evryone luvs to stay in an appreciating property, this shld b a consideration in fact.
    if it's really your concern (tenant-mix), u shld spend some time in this development. Find some time, walk around, laze around the pool and see for yourself.
    This area is developing. Meantime, you wil enjoy the serenity, quietness & greenery...

    i saw your the other thread. lilydale furnishing is newer. kitchen cabinet design for lilydale can last you for another 10yrs. Northoaks & woodvale is up for a major interior overhual, unless you manage to find a newly renovated unit.
    use the money to renovate to your own liking. why pay for other people's taste?
    U r competing with local and foreigner for Northoaks and Woodsvale (they are privatized)
    U r competing with only locals for lilydale (gg to privatize in few yrs' time)
    mayb theres 1 catch. i pay higher maint fee as compare to units of almos same size in both northoaks and woodsvale.
    Last edited by s101; 18th October 2010 at 07:11 PM.

  2. #22

    Default

    Thks for ur reply. Alas no matter how much we like lilydale
    everything hv to be put on hold coz someting went wrong wif the sale of our flat. Haizzz


    Quote Originally Posted by s101
    Hi Sgysfj,
    mine is tenanted, so i can't comment on the tenancy mix.
    isit really so important? U will only own 1 unit there. there r total 300+ unit in lilydale. owners may rent out their units 2moro. I may chg tenant nex yr. tenancy mix is beyond us and tis shldnt b a concern, seriously (from my pt of view).
    Evryone luvs to stay in an appreciating property, this shld b a consideration in fact.
    if it's really your concern (tenant-mix), u shld spend some time in this development. Find some time, walk around, laze around the pool and see for yourself.
    This area is developing. Meantime, you wil enjoy the serenity, quietness & greenery...

    i saw your the other thread. lilydale furnishing is newer. kitchen cabinet design for lilydale can last you for another 10yrs. Northoaks & woodvale is up for a major interior overhual, unless you manage to find a newly renovated unit.
    use the money to renovate to your own liking. why pay for other people's taste?
    U r competing with local and foreigner for Northoaks and Woodsvale (they are privatized)
    U r competing with only locals for lilydale (gg to privatize in few yrs' time)
    mayb theres 1 catch. i pay higher maint fee as compare to units of almos same size in both northoaks and woodsvale.

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgysfj
    Thks for ur reply. Alas no matter how much we like lilydale
    everything hv to be put on hold coz someting went wrong wif the sale of our flat. Haizzz
    Buying for self stay is not rational. Go with your heart.

    Can continue looking while you try again.

    Timing the option can help.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    Buying for self stay is not rational. Go with your heart.

    Can continue looking while you try again.

    Timing the option can help.

    In truth we have found one unit we like n willing to offer..
    Jus tat our selling portion is a major problem n stumbling block.
    It was ok few days ago wif 2 firm offers but suddenly today I was informed one actuali pulled out.

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgysfj
    In truth we have found one unit we like n willing to offer..
    Jus tat our selling portion is a major problem n stumbling block.
    It was ok few days ago wif 2 firm offers but suddenly today I was informed one actuali pulled out.
    can sell as long as there's one buyer. You want to try selling first before buying?

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    can sell as long as there's one buyer. You want to try selling first before buying?
    Sad to say tis but we now sceptical of everything... We don't knw who to believe or trust... This whole process of buying n selling left a sour Taste in the mouth

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgysfj
    Sad to say tis but we now sceptical of everything... We don't knw who to believe or trust... This whole process of buying n selling left a sour Taste in the mouth
    Care to share more details on your experience? So that potential home buyers/ sellers can be more aware of potential pitfalls?

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenee
    Care to share more details on your experience? So that potential home buyers/ sellers can be more aware of potential pitfalls?
    We wanted to sell our flat and engaged an agent.. He agreed to try to fetch x pricing for the flat.he also will assist us in getting a condo and ensure smooth transistion btw selling and buying.

    After 1st week of marketing our flat, the agent infd us there is one buyer's agent who offered price x-40k. Then he storied tat he talked and convinced the buyer to up the price to x-30k. We told him we wnt accept.

    Then the next day, he inf again tat the buyer called him direct and offered to engaged him as their agent .they put in another offer x-25k.at this pt we oredi find it funi tat y suddenly the buyer engaged him direct. But we did not question him n gave him benefit of doubt. Again we rejected the offer.

    The next day again, he informed us the buyer engaged a different agent and the new agent called him and offered x-20k. According to him, this was the last last offer.he also added tis was a reasonable offer and we shld consider it.
    We asked him to nego wif the buyer to increase their offer which he countered the buyer has oredi given the last best offer.

    So I told him I wan to tok to the buyer direct. At tis point he came up wif alot of excuses n refused to let us nego wif the buyer.subsequently he infd tat he will hold off the buyer and say we will consider their last offer.

    The following week viewing and there was another buyer who came without agent.we were told that he offered x-20k and again the agent told us it's a reasonable offer n we shld consider.we told him to nego for a figure close to x price.

    On last Sunday, the agent infd the buyer had increased the offer by 2k. Again I tol him to talk to the buyer and nego further.. I also told him to invite the buyer for a 2nd viewing and then we can nego together wif him.

    All of a sudden, the next day the agent infd me tat this buyer also pull out and withdraw offer. He cited all kind of reasons why the buyer retracted.


    All in all, it may seem unfair to the agent that we dnt believe him. But in both instances, the coincidences are too obvious tat we find it hard to believe. It's our first time selling our flat and it rili makes us regret even making the decision to sell.

    We have read of rogue agents out there and was not rili aware of wat these agents are capable of doing. Although we didnt rili have any proof of any underhanded motives of tis agent, wat hapen has rili make us tink twice abt selling.

    Ps. We dnt mean to discredit or accuse any agents of being dishonest.wat hapened to us may not even be considered as such. We r just sceptical and don't want to be taken advantage of.

  9. #29

    Default

    Anyways wateva I have mentioned above is very very off topic. I apologise for tat. tis is suppose to be a condo forum, not hdb selling forum. Once again my apologies.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,739

    Default

    I believe everyone has similar story to tell. Those foreign talent even more creative. In any case good to share. It's a principal-agent thing. Agent, by nature, are ONLY interested to work to maximise their own gain, not yours. The challenge is to align that selfish motive to meet your objective as well.

  11. #31

    Default

    As far as possible, buy first and then sell your existing apartment...

    Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    can sell as long as there's one buyer. You want to try selling first before buying?

  12. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    I believe everyone has similar story to tell. Those foreign talent even more creative. In any case good to share. It's a principal-agent thing. Agent, by nature, are ONLY interested to work to maximise their own gain, not yours. The challenge is to align that selfish motive to meet your objective as well.
    agree wif ur view on agents working for maximum gain for themselves.
    Tis is the sad part abt selling. There is no transparency at all wif all this agents ard.

  13. #33

    Default

    All in all this whole episode had taught us a lesson. Now we r at a cross roads of rili pushing on wif the sale coz we have found a unit tat we rili like and wish to buy for home stay or to just to cancel and stay put. We may decide on either but wateva it is, tis lesson will be remembered in a long long time.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgysfj
    All in all this whole episode had taught us a lesson. Now we r at a cross roads of rili pushing on wif the sale coz we have found a unit tat we rili like and wish to buy for home stay or to just to cancel and stay put. We may decide on either but wateva it is, tis lesson will be remembered in a long long time.
    Ask your agent to collect the deposit plus forms, talk is cheap (be it x -20 or x-25). You then take from there to decide you want to accept of decline in the case of yours..

    On the other hand…if you considered that is your dream unit. Consider to offer abit lower to offset your selling , the whole mechanism may just balance. Loose some, win some…some time we can not win all ….

  15. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    Ask your agent to collect the deposit plus forms, talk is cheap (be it x -20 or x-25). You then take from there to decide you want to accept of decline in the case of yours..

    On the other hand…if you considered that is your dream unit. Consider to offer abit lower to offset your selling , the whole mechanism may just balance. Loose some, win some…some time we can not win all ….
    unfortunately, I hv oredi tol d agent we r pulling out n won't proceed.
    I guess it's natural instinct to pull out once there is doubt in the whole process.

    Wat u say is true..I did consider accepting one of the offers n offer to buy the lilydale at a lower price..however ultimately I feel I jus doubt the agent to the extent I dnt wan to the whole ting go tru at all.

  16. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgysfj
    unfortunately, I hv oredi tol d agent we r pulling out n won't proceed.
    I guess it's natural instinct to pull out once there is doubt in the whole process.

    Wat u say is true..I did consider accepting one of the offers n offer to buy the lilydale at a lower price..however ultimately I feel I jus doubt the agent to the extent I dnt wan to the whole ting go tru at all.
    it is better not to nego directly with the buyers....u may ended up getting even lower offers or buyers back out....

    before selling....ask urself whether u r serious in selling or merely testing market?

    all buyers wana buy low low....and all sellers wana sell high high....i believe agts goto tell lies here and there inorder to close a deal...smtimes it cud be a white lie? depends how u see it....very often , u will hear agts telling u as a buyer tat the last offer was xx....imagine u nego with the buyers directly...den u say the last offer was actually lower or better still...no last offer at all....the whole lobang blow up....lol

    may ended up in serious argument....if u wana nego with buyers directly...y engage an agent in the first place? u shd sell the hse urself and advertise on the newspaper on ur own....i have tried b4...doesnt work one...haha

    i remember last time...i was ignorant....i viewed a place and i straightaway match seller asking price without bargaining on the very SPOT....ended up, the seller up the asking price and i walk away....if i were to go back hm and make the offer via the agt and make my first offer 1-2% lower den asking price...i wud have probably bot the place oredi....we nid middleman one lah....

  17. #37

    Default

    another way to get higher offer is to 'motivate' ur agent.....tell him let say fetch me this x price...u will pay him X more comm....if not only 1% comm...it works for me

    performance based comm

  18. #38

    Default

    I have met agents who offered to let me nego directly wif the seller and the agent takes up the facilitator role.I feel this way is better as both seller n buyer can rili show sincerity n seriousness in dealing.

    I agree wif ur view on tings may go out of hand but I belief if all parties are sincere n objective.. Then most prob tings dnt go out of hand.

    I hv tot of selling the unit myself. However I oso realise it may quite tedious n the results may not be favorable.

    It can be said we r serious abt selling, however we jus wan a honest process n of course fetch the price tat we wan.


    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    it is better not to nego directly with the buyers....u may ended up getting even lower offers or buyers back out....

    before selling....ask urself whether u r serious in selling or merely testing market?

    all buyers wana buy low low....and all sellers wana sell high high....i believe agts goto tell lies here and there inorder to close a deal...smtimes it cud be a white lie? depends how u see it....very often , u will hear agts telling u as a buyer tat the last offer was xx....imagine u nego with the buyers directly...den u say the last offer was actually lower or better still...no last offer at all....the whole lobang blow up....lol

    may ended up in serious argument....if u wana nego with buyers directly...y engage an agent in the first place? u shd sell the hse urself and advertise on the newspaper on ur own....i have tried b4...doesnt work one...haha

    i remember last time...i was ignorant....i viewed a place and i straightaway match seller asking price without bargaining on the very SPOT....ended up, the seller up the asking price and i walk away....if i were to go back hm and make the offer via the agt and make my first offer 1-2% lower den asking price...i wud have probably bot the place oredi....we nid middleman one lah....

  19. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgysfj
    I have met agents who offered to let me nego directly wif the seller and the agent takes up the facilitator role.I feel this way is better as both seller n buyer can rili show sincerity n seriousness in dealing.

    I agree wif ur view on tings may go out of hand but I belief if all parties are sincere n objective.. Then most prob tings dnt go out of hand.

    I hv tot of selling the unit myself. However I oso realise it may quite tedious n the results may not be favorable.

    It can be said we r serious abt selling, however we jus wan a honest process n of course fetch the price tat we wan.

    as a seller, ur job is too engage a best performing agt(negotiator)

    y wud u wana nego the prices urself and yet paying the agt the same comm??? agts most impt role is to nego and fetch(pyscho) the best price for u and not just merely advertise and bring buyers to view the place...

    only CMI agts wud want sellers/buyers to nego the price as they themselves duno how to close the deal....haha

    try performance based comm lah...or change another agt

  20. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    as a seller, ur job is too engage a best performing agt(negotiator)

    y wud u wana nego the prices urself and yet paying the agt the same comm??? agts most impt role is to nego and fetch(pyscho) the best price for u and not just merely advertise and bring buyers to view the place...

    only CMI agts wud want sellers/buyers to nego the price as they themselves duno how to close the deal....haha

    try performance based comm lah...or change another agt
    I have realised tis.. However how many agents r wiling to work n take on the job on the performance based tingy

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •