Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lilydale

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    another way to get higher offer is to 'motivate' ur agent.....tell him let say fetch me this x price...u will pay him X more comm....if not only 1% comm...it works for me

performance based comm
    Hi Agent

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    kaypo and ask her why lor, nag at her.
    Jus did kaypo.. Kena snook.. She got advert but use another no.. Hahaha
    so far she is good..

HDB buyer every cents counts so may not work well this strategy. Tens of HDB flats for sale, quite difficult.

usually agent will just let it be and move on.

The quantum is only around 350-400k range. Agent may well go fish another deal.

another way to get higher offer is to 'motivate' ur agent.....tell him let say fetch me this x price...u will pay him X more comm....if not only 1% comm...it works for me

performance based comm

HDB buyer every cents counts so may not work well this strategy. Tens of HDB flats for sale, quite difficult.

Hi ratty, jus check.. The strategy u used wen selling.. Isit urs a pte or hdb?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgysfj
    Hi ratty, jus check.. The strategy u used wen selling.. Isit urs a pte or hdb?
    this is for the hdb

this is for the hdb
    Wow n d agent agreed to sell at 50k above mkt price?

to me...almost all HDB units r selling with COV...and very norm to get 20-30k COV..BUT there r many pte selling at value especialy in CCR....so which one is more competitive?

for illustration only.
    Wow n d agent agreed to sell at 50k above mkt price?

actually the price we're referring also includes in the COV price. for example the total price of HDB, 4 bed room is around 300K + COV 35k = 335K. it is very difficult for the agent to sell at 400K in HDB context cos buyers are unwilling to pay 100K cov.

to me...almost all HDB units r selling with COV...and very norm to get 20-30k COV..BUT there r many pte selling at value especialy in CCR....so which one is more competitive?

for illustration only.
    Tot it's d actual figure

Prices for lilydale remains flat..never come down..
    The unit I was aiming still nt sold eventhough I was told by agent there is a buyer who came for 2nd viewing..

In any case, my flat is not moving.. Perhaps it's not fated for us to move

actually the price we're referring also includes in the COV price. for example the total price of HDB, 4 bed room is around 300K + COV 35k = 335K. it is very difficult for the agent to sell at 400K in HDB context cos buyers are unwilling to pay 100K cov.

Ratty, sidetrack a bit... Mind sharing how long u took to sell ur flat?
    I hv been trying to sell for one month Liao.. So far gutfeel Is market is bad n response is quite bad... Perhaps not the time to sell n upgrade?
    Me n wife almost giving up hope Liao..

we got the first offer in the 4th week and we decided to sell. You need to be patient. Before the cooling measure, I understand there are a lot of viewers. The agent I used predicted that the re-sale flat viewer will be lesser going by the month.

we got the first offer in the 4th week and we decided to sell. You need to be patient. Before the cooling measure, I understand there are a lot of viewers. The agent I used predicted that the re-sale flat viewer will be lesser going by the month.
    urs was sold b4 announcement?d previous time wif the previous agent,I had offer on the 1st viewing n another on the 2nd viewing.on hindsight we shld hv accepted the 2nd offer...

Need ur views on another issue.... My valuation is oredi 20k above most flats in the 4 blocks cluster... However the new agent wan to do a new valuation saying she is confident to increase the valuation... By at least 2k..is tis a good idea? I'm actuali quite satisfied wif my current valuation...

the valuation was done before the announcement and the house viewing was done after the announcement. The offer came only after 3 weeks of intensive viewings.

The asking price was high and alot of viewers like my place but could not commit during that time cos they all want to sell away their apartments prior to booking my place. Eventually one made an offer.

I think you can do a valuation - ask the agent to foot the bill lor. If the price is below what you have it now, still can use back the old valuation report right? (pls check with agent - not sure of this details)

That is good that the valuation is higher than most blocks so eventually you can ask for lower cov and still can sell the flat higher than the rest in absolute quantum - win win.

the valuation was done before the announcement and the house viewing was done after the announcement. The offer came only after 3 weeks of intensive viewings.

The asking price was high and alot of viewers like my place but could not commit during that time cos they all want to sell away their apartments prior to booking my place. Eventually one made an offer.

I think you can do a valuation - ask the agent to foot the bill lor. If the price is below what you have it now, still can use back the old valuation report right? (pls check with agent - not sure of this details)

That is good that the valuation is higher than most blocks so eventually you can ask for lower cov and still can sell the flat higher than the rest in absolute quantum - win win.
    I tink the key word here is 3 weeks of intensive viewing..now can't even get anyone come for viewing... Guess we rili have to be very patient.. In any case, worst case scenario don't upgrade lor

I tink the key word here is 3 weeks of intensive viewing..now can't even get anyone come for viewing... Guess we rili have to be very patient.. In any case, worst case scenario don't upgrade lor
    dun sell HDB lar...now u sell and upgrade...ended up with bigger DEBT

got spare cash den upgrade later on and still keep ur HDB for rental

dun sell HDB lar...now u sell and upgrade...ended up with bigger DEBT

got spare cash den upgrade later on and still keep ur HDB for rental

Tot of it...but we r lagging in spare cash..hahaha

Though my valuation is abt 20k higher thn most...since d announcement my last offer was oni 6k higher thn d highest flat sold in these 4 blocks accding to hdb resale price website...

Therefore the quantum is only slightly higher though d valuation is higher

Hi devilplate, ur suggestion of holding on the hdb n buy a pte later thn rent out the hdb was consideration I hv made.like I mention in the earlier post,we stil lagging in the cash outlay part now but I believe we can actuali do in it in a few yrs time.

I also agree on the part of hvg a bigger debt shld we upgrade.however,my tinking is tat we upgrading solely for homestay..not for investment of any sort.thus the rational of buying a real place tat we rili like.it's more like a progression for us, frm hdb to pte..

Having said tat, I wld like oso to have ur view n also others if tis is a good time to tink of tis now... All views are greatly appreciated.

Is your current home fuully paaid? No money no honey and no hanky panky.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Is your current home fuully paaid? No money no honey and no hanky panky.
    What does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    What does this mean?
    Oh, I was replying to sgysfj or something like that. He mentioned that he need to sell his HDB before buying lilydale.

All things to do must have money.

No money no honey = no *** from wife if no money

No hanky panky = you use your imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Oh, I was replying to sgysfj or something like that. He mentioned that he need to sell his HDB before buying lilydale.

All things to do must have money.

No money no honey = no *** from wife if no money

No hanky panky = you use your imagination.
    Alamak, like dat also can. Fully paid doesn't mean have cash on hand leh.

The point is with the new rules...once you sell HDB, you give up the chance to have own both HDB and private at the same time...

Hi devilplate, ur suggestion of holding on the hdb n buy a pte later thn rent out the hdb was consideration I hv made.like I mention in the earlier post,we stil lagging in the cash outlay part now but I believe we can actuali do in it in a few yrs time.

I also agree on the part of hvg a bigger debt shld we upgrade.however,my tinking is tat we upgrading solely for homestay..not for investment of any sort.thus the rational of buying a real place tat we rili like.it's more like a progression for us, frm hdb to pte..

Having said tat, I wld like oso to have ur view n also others if tis is a good time to tink of tis now... All views are greatly appreciated.

what does fully paid HDB got to do with cash on hand or no cash on hand?

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    Alamak, like dat also can. Fully paid doesn't mean have cash on hand leh.

he may refer to he can afford private apartment and use the proceeds from the HDB sales thru bridging loan for his next purchase or next 2 purchases.

I'm just commenting on the threads above.

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    what does fully paid HDB got to do with cash on hand or no cash on hand?

he may refer to he can afford private apartment and use the proceeds from the HDB sales thru bridging loan for his next purchase or next 2 purchases.
    Tis getting confusing... Who refering to who?

I also agree on the part of hvg a bigger debt shld we upgrade.however,my tinking is tat we upgrading solely for homestay..not for investment of any sort.thus the rational of buying a real place tat we rili like.it's more like a progression for us
    That is the case now. When u grow older, ur needs will change. Children ? Plan for retirement income ? Think a little further away into the future... Maybe it's not a bad idea to have a 2nd pty as an investment, especially the case of this hdb rules allowing u do the pte investment but not the other way round.

Of course, that is if u can afford the investment.