Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Lilydale

Hi Sgysfj,
    mine is tenanted, so i can't comment on the tenancy mix.
    isit really so important? U will only own 1 unit there. there r total 300+ unit in lilydale. owners may rent out their units 2moro. I may chg tenant nex yr. tenancy mix is beyond us and tis shldnt b a concern, seriously (from my pt of view).
    Evryone luvs to stay in an appreciating property, this shld b a consideration in fact.
    if it's really your concern (tenant-mix), u shld spend some time in this development. Find some time, walk around, laze around the pool and see for yourself.
    This area is developing. Meantime, you wil enjoy the serenity, quietness & greenery...

i saw your the other thread. lilydale furnishing is newer. kitchen cabinet design for lilydale can last you for another 10yrs. Northoaks & woodvale is up for a major interior overhual, unless you manage to find a newly renovated unit.
    use the money to renovate to your own liking. why pay for other people's taste?
    U r competing with local and foreigner for Northoaks and Woodsvale (they are privatized)
    U r competing with only locals for lilydale (gg to privatize in few yrs' time)
    mayb theres 1 catch. i pay higher maint fee as compare to units of almos same size in both northoaks and woodsvale.
    Last edited by s101; 18th October 2010 at 08:11 PM.

Thks for ur reply. Alas no matter how much we like lilydale
    everything hv to be put on hold coz someting went wrong wif the sale of our flat. Haizzz

Quote Originally Posted by s101
    Hi Sgysfj,
    mine is tenanted, so i can't comment on the tenancy mix.
    isit really so important? U will only own 1 unit there. there r total 300+ unit in lilydale. owners may rent out their units 2moro. I may chg tenant nex yr. tenancy mix is beyond us and tis shldnt b a concern, seriously (from my pt of view).
    Evryone luvs to stay in an appreciating property, this shld b a consideration in fact.
    if it's really your concern (tenant-mix), u shld spend some time in this development. Find some time, walk around, laze around the pool and see for yourself.
    This area is developing. Meantime, you wil enjoy the serenity, quietness & greenery...

i saw your the other thread. lilydale furnishing is newer. kitchen cabinet design for lilydale can last you for another 10yrs. Northoaks & woodvale is up for a major interior overhual, unless you manage to find a newly renovated unit.
    use the money to renovate to your own liking. why pay for other people's taste?
    U r competing with local and foreigner for Northoaks and Woodsvale (they are privatized)
    U r competing with only locals for lilydale (gg to privatize in few yrs' time)
    mayb theres 1 catch. i pay higher maint fee as compare to units of almos same size in both northoaks and woodsvale.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgysfj
    Thks for ur reply. Alas no matter how much we like lilydale
    everything hv to be put on hold coz someting went wrong wif the sale of our flat. Haizzz
    Buying for self stay is not rational. Go with your heart.

Can continue looking while you try again.

Timing the option can help.

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    Buying for self stay is not rational. Go with your heart.

Can continue looking while you try again.

Timing the option can help.

In truth we have found one unit we like n willing to offer..
    Jus tat our selling portion is a major problem n stumbling block.
    It was ok few days ago wif 2 firm offers but suddenly today I was informed one actuali pulled out.

In truth we have found one unit we like n willing to offer..
    Jus tat our selling portion is a major problem n stumbling block.
    It was ok few days ago wif 2 firm offers but suddenly today I was informed one actuali pulled out.
    can sell as long as there's one buyer. You want to try selling first before buying?

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    can sell as long as there's one buyer. You want to try selling first before buying?
    Sad to say tis but we now sceptical of everything... We don't knw who to believe or trust... This whole process of buying n selling left a sour Taste in the mouth

Sad to say tis but we now sceptical of everything... We don't knw who to believe or trust... This whole process of buying n selling left a sour Taste in the mouth
    Care to share more details on your experience? So that potential home buyers/ sellers can be more aware of potential pitfalls?

Quote Originally Posted by Lenee
    Care to share more details on your experience? So that potential home buyers/ sellers can be more aware of potential pitfalls?
    We wanted to sell our flat and engaged an agent.. He agreed to try to fetch x pricing for the flat.he also will assist us in getting a condo and ensure smooth transistion btw selling and buying.

After 1st week of marketing our flat, the agent infd us there is one buyer's agent who offered price x-40k. Then he storied tat he talked and convinced the buyer to up the price to x-30k. We told him we wnt accept.

Then the next day, he inf again tat the buyer called him direct and offered to engaged him as their agent .they put in another offer x-25k.at this pt we oredi find it funi tat y suddenly the buyer engaged him direct. But we did not question him n gave him benefit of doubt. Again we rejected the offer.

The next day again, he informed us the buyer engaged a different agent and the new agent called him and offered x-20k. According to him, this was the last last offer.he also added tis was a reasonable offer and we shld consider it.
    We asked him to nego wif the buyer to increase their offer which he countered the buyer has oredi given the last best offer.

So I told him I wan to tok to the buyer direct. At tis point he came up wif alot of excuses n refused to let us nego wif the buyer.subsequently he infd tat he will hold off the buyer and say we will consider their last offer.

The following week viewing and there was another buyer who came without agent.we were told that he offered x-20k and again the agent told us it's a reasonable offer n we shld consider.we told him to nego for a figure close to x price.

On last Sunday, the agent infd the buyer had increased the offer by 2k. Again I tol him to talk to the buyer and nego further.. I also told him to invite the buyer for a 2nd viewing and then we can nego together wif him.

All of a sudden, the next day the agent infd me tat this buyer also pull out and withdraw offer. He cited all kind of reasons why the buyer retracted.

All in all, it may seem unfair to the agent that we dnt believe him. But in both instances, the coincidences are too obvious tat we find it hard to believe. It's our first time selling our flat and it rili makes us regret even making the decision to sell.

We have read of rogue agents out there and was not rili aware of wat these agents are capable of doing. Although we didnt rili have any proof of any underhanded motives of tis agent, wat hapen has rili make us tink twice abt selling.

Ps. We dnt mean to discredit or accuse any agents of being dishonest.wat hapened to us may not even be considered as such. We r just sceptical and don't want to be taken advantage of.

Anyways wateva I have mentioned above is very very off topic. I apologise for tat. tis is suppose to be a condo forum, not hdb selling forum. Once again my apologies.

I believe everyone has similar story to tell. Those foreign talent even more creative. In any case good to share. It's a principal-agent thing. Agent, by nature, are ONLY interested to work to maximise their own gain, not yours. The challenge is to align that selfish motive to meet your objective as well.