Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lilydale

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    That is the case now. When u grow older, ur needs will change. Children ? Plan for retirement income ? Think a little further away into the future... Maybe it's not a bad idea to have a 2nd pty as an investment, especially the case of this hdb rules allowing u do the pte investment but not the other way round.

Of course, that is if u can afford the investment.

Hmmm quite a no of ppl seems to be saying shldnt sell hdb n invest on 2nd property...

now mkg me tink twice if it's a good move to sell n upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    The point is with the new rules...once you sell HDB, you give up the chance to have own both HDB and private at the same time...
    Agreed...Wat I'm tinking of is rili to upgrade frm hdb to pte..never intended to make any kind of investment..

In any case, is there a huge no of hdb owners who rent out their flat n stay in hdb? I'm jus doing a comparison if my case is an exception rather than the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgysfj
    Hmmm quite a no of ppl seems to be saying shldnt sell hdb n invest on 2nd property...

now mkg me tink twice if it's a good move to sell n upgrade
    Now owning a HDB is an entilement, once sold, considered forgo.unless you down grade back...In term of rental yield, is the most handsome...

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    Now owning a HDB is an entilement, once sold, considered forgo.unless you down grade back...In term of rental yield, is the most handsome...

Agree n understd.. However we r not looking at an investment point at all..
    Jus buying for homestay.. To us it's a natural progression.. I guess it's not a tinking wich many adopt

Agreed...Wat I'm tinking of is rili to upgrade frm hdb to pte..never intended to make any kind of investment..

In any case, is there a huge no of hdb owners who rent out their flat n stay in hdb? I'm jus doing a comparison if my case is an exception rather than the norm.
    Plenty of people are renting out their flats. See the article "HDB flats a plump investment choice" in the miscellaneous thread. The writer explains why it makes financial sense to keep your HDB flat even after you go for private property.

Quote Originally Posted by lancelot
    Plenty of people are renting out their flats. See the article "HDB flats a plump investment choice" in the miscellaneous thread. The writer explains why it makes financial sense to keep your HDB flat even after you go for private property.

Agree n understand..however my current situation does not allow me to buy without selling..n to a certain extent I'm not keen on the hassle of hvg to take care of the hdb if i hv bought a pte property.

In any case I understd wat u r saying.. Jus tat I never had such ideas wen I tot of upgrading

Tis getting confusing... Who refering to who?
    referring to you.

Sgysfj, how's your house hunt?

Agree n understand..however my current situation does not allow me to buy without selling..n to a certain extent I'm not keen on the hassle of hvg to take care of the hdb if i hv bought a pte property.

In any case I understd wat u r saying.. Jus tat I never had such ideas wen I tot of upgrading
    Perhaps should consider delaying upgrading plan. Renting out hdb is a very good source of extra income

Better to save and buy a mm. Huat huat

hi kingkong, may I know wat is a mm?

Sgysfj, how is ya hse hunting so far? me juz sold off my flat and scouting ard for a new pl, including lilydale..

Quote Originally Posted by rinachew
    hi kingkong, may I know wat is a mm?
    micky mouse apartment, usually about 500sq ft.

Sgysfj, how is ya hse hunting so far? me juz sold off my flat and scouting ard for a new pl, including lilydale..
    just curious, how long you take to sell, which area and wats the COV achieved?

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    micky mouse apartment, usually about 500sq ft.
    3xx ones are more precise.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    3xx ones are more precise.
    3XX so small how to stay in??? seriously can rent out? have u view the actual unit, i mean not show flat unit......

3XX so small how to stay in??? seriously can rent out? have u view the actual unit, i mean not show flat unit......

Can stay of course...there's a reason why they are called MM. If you are sized like mice it'll be very spacious, machiam GCB liao

very easy.. go stay hotel 81 and get the cheapest room. Should be similar in sizing. Never been there myself though. So you have to try it. If not, try a HDB masterbed room with shower without cooking facilities. Quite similar.

No worries lah

oh.. din know got this kinda term.. MM.. cute.. hmmm... think we sold off the flat in abt 2mths time ba.. we onli managed to secure a cov of 28k..

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    very easy.. go stay hotel 81 and get the cheapest room. Should be similar in sizing. Never been there myself though. So you have to try it. If not, try a HDB masterbed room with shower without cooking facilities. Quite similar.

No worries lah
    saw a 4xx sq ft unit today...the show flat seemed livable...but no bath tub, gotta squeeze washing machine in the toilet, kitchen is less than size of toilet and clothes gotta hang in tiny balcony...

other than that, living room and bedroom quite decent sized. Can be a proper bachelor pad.

But I can't imagine living in anything smaller than that..

Do away with cooking will do, macdonalds, kfc and pizza will do it. Most likely to have cafes around

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    saw a 4xx sq ft unit today...the show flat seemed livable...but no bath tub, gotta squeeze washing machine in the toilet, kitchen is less than size of toilet and clothes gotta hang in tiny balcony...

other than that, living room and bedroom quite decent sized. Can be a proper bachelor pad.

But I can't imagine living in anything smaller than that..
    which project showflat?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    which project showflat?
    Here comes the onslaught of the mickey fans

I saw the loft at nathan...actually pricing nt that bad given the nathan name...

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Can stay of course...there's a reason why they are called MM. If you are sized like mice it'll be very spacious, machiam GCB liao
    buy for someone else to stay maybe. for projects which is all mms better or a mixture of different bedders better? ie...1/2/3/4 bedder...

oh.. din know got this kinda term.. MM.. cute.. hmmm... think we sold off the flat in abt 2mths time ba.. we onli managed to secure a cov of 28k..
    looks like it is on track the nett price of HDB re-sale to come down soon.

Target level, COV zero to 10k only.... Valuation hold or drop. My humble guess

buy for someone else to stay maybe. for projects which is all mms better or a mixture of different bedders better? ie...1/2/3/4 bedder...
    Location specific, price dependant and of course mm with facilities are the best.

pig can also fly if you got it cheap

2012-12-18 #XX-XX 1,259sqft 669psf 2002-03-20 342psf $411,693 3,926 6.4
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Lilydale not exactly nice, pool is too small for so many units.

Visited a friend in Lilydale. Opposite massive land clearing. Apparently international school coming up at the junction of ave 1 and 6