Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lilydale

Is your current home fuully paaid? No money no honey and no hanky panky.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Is your current home fuully paaid? No money no honey and no hanky panky.
    What does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    What does this mean?
    Oh, I was replying to sgysfj or something like that. He mentioned that he need to sell his HDB before buying lilydale.

All things to do must have money.

No money no honey = no *** from wife if no money

No hanky panky = you use your imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Oh, I was replying to sgysfj or something like that. He mentioned that he need to sell his HDB before buying lilydale.

All things to do must have money.

No money no honey = no *** from wife if no money

No hanky panky = you use your imagination.
    Alamak, like dat also can. Fully paid doesn't mean have cash on hand leh.

The point is with the new rules...once you sell HDB, you give up the chance to have own both HDB and private at the same time...

Quote Originally Posted by Sgysfj
    Hi devilplate, ur suggestion of holding on the hdb n buy a pte later thn rent out the hdb was consideration I hv made.like I mention in the earlier post,we stil lagging in the cash outlay part now but I believe we can actuali do in it in a few yrs time.

I also agree on the part of hvg a bigger debt shld we upgrade.however,my tinking is tat we upgrading solely for homestay..not for investment of any sort.thus the rational of buying a real place tat we rili like.it's more like a progression for us, frm hdb to pte..

Having said tat, I wld like oso to have ur view n also others if tis is a good time to tink of tis now... All views are greatly appreciated.

what does fully paid HDB got to do with cash on hand or no cash on hand?

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    Alamak, like dat also can. Fully paid doesn't mean have cash on hand leh.

he may refer to he can afford private apartment and use the proceeds from the HDB sales thru bridging loan for his next purchase or next 2 purchases.

I'm just commenting on the threads above.

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    what does fully paid HDB got to do with cash on hand or no cash on hand?

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    he may refer to he can afford private apartment and use the proceeds from the HDB sales thru bridging loan for his next purchase or next 2 purchases.
    Tis getting confusing... Who refering to who?

I also agree on the part of hvg a bigger debt shld we upgrade.however,my tinking is tat we upgrading solely for homestay..not for investment of any sort.thus the rational of buying a real place tat we rili like.it's more like a progression for us
    That is the case now. When u grow older, ur needs will change. Children ? Plan for retirement income ? Think a little further away into the future... Maybe it's not a bad idea to have a 2nd pty as an investment, especially the case of this hdb rules allowing u do the pte investment but not the other way round.

Of course, that is if u can afford the investment.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    That is the case now. When u grow older, ur needs will change. Children ? Plan for retirement income ? Think a little further away into the future... Maybe it's not a bad idea to have a 2nd pty as an investment, especially the case of this hdb rules allowing u do the pte investment but not the other way round.

Of course, that is if u can afford the investment.

Hmmm quite a no of ppl seems to be saying shldnt sell hdb n invest on 2nd property...

now mkg me tink twice if it's a good move to sell n upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    The point is with the new rules...once you sell HDB, you give up the chance to have own both HDB and private at the same time...
    Agreed...Wat I'm tinking of is rili to upgrade frm hdb to pte..never intended to make any kind of investment..

In any case, is there a huge no of hdb owners who rent out their flat n stay in hdb? I'm jus doing a comparison if my case is an exception rather than the norm.

Hmmm quite a no of ppl seems to be saying shldnt sell hdb n invest on 2nd property...

now mkg me tink twice if it's a good move to sell n upgrade
    Now owning a HDB is an entilement, once sold, considered forgo.unless you down grade back...In term of rental yield, is the most handsome...

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    Now owning a HDB is an entilement, once sold, considered forgo.unless you down grade back...In term of rental yield, is the most handsome...

Agree n understd.. However we r not looking at an investment point at all..
    Jus buying for homestay.. To us it's a natural progression.. I guess it's not a tinking wich many adopt

Agreed...Wat I'm tinking of is rili to upgrade frm hdb to pte..never intended to make any kind of investment..

In any case, is there a huge no of hdb owners who rent out their flat n stay in hdb? I'm jus doing a comparison if my case is an exception rather than the norm.
    Plenty of people are renting out their flats. See the article "HDB flats a plump investment choice" in the miscellaneous thread. The writer explains why it makes financial sense to keep your HDB flat even after you go for private property.

Quote Originally Posted by lancelot
    Plenty of people are renting out their flats. See the article "HDB flats a plump investment choice" in the miscellaneous thread. The writer explains why it makes financial sense to keep your HDB flat even after you go for private property.

Agree n understand..however my current situation does not allow me to buy without selling..n to a certain extent I'm not keen on the hassle of hvg to take care of the hdb if i hv bought a pte property.

In any case I understd wat u r saying.. Jus tat I never had such ideas wen I tot of upgrading

Tis getting confusing... Who refering to who?
    referring to you.

Sgysfj, how's your house hunt?

Agree n understand..however my current situation does not allow me to buy without selling..n to a certain extent I'm not keen on the hassle of hvg to take care of the hdb if i hv bought a pte property.

In any case I understd wat u r saying.. Jus tat I never had such ideas wen I tot of upgrading
    Perhaps should consider delaying upgrading plan. Renting out hdb is a very good source of extra income

Better to save and buy a mm. Huat huat

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast