Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lilydale

Default Lilydale

This is a EC project where no threads has been created yet.. Anyone comments on this?

I live near there, quite ulu place, with some new HDB constructions going on around there, soon will get more crowded. There is also an empty plot of land next to it for a future condo.

I got a friend who stays there. Been to his place a few times liao. Seen ang mos, koreans, filipinos there. Overall, it's a pretty quiet development. The facilities are ok though. My friend is banking on the upcoming Seletar Airport Hub for the prices to go up. Other than that, the prices are pretty stagnant.

Quote Originally Posted by passivity
    I got a friend who stays there. Been to his place a few times liao. Seen ang mos, koreans, filipinos there. Overall, it's a pretty quiet development. The facilities are ok though. My friend is banking on the upcoming Seletar Airport Hub for the prices to go up. Other than that, the prices are pretty stagnant.
    Not bad.. asking prices has been increased...

Its a very blissful place, especially with the forest opposite the estate and the sea behind the forest.

Can jog to Yishun Dam and enjoy the view and breeze from the reservoir on one side and the sea from the other.

If you stay high enough, the view is fantasic.
    The pool is a 50m pool (and its not in the sky).

Too bad moved out as its getting nosier when there's more people over the years using the Seletar Camp exit/entrance and the jam when travelling down to town when using CTE.

However, must say that after the opening of KPE and the widening of CTE, things are so much more bearable........

I miss that place and the tranquility (yes some will say ulu, that's why tranquil)

Quote Originally Posted by blackswan
    Its a very blissful place, especially with the forest opposite the estate and the sea behind the forest.

Can jog to Yishun Dam and enjoy the view and breeze from the reservoir on one side and the sea from the other.

If you stay high enough, the view is fantasic.
    The pool is a 50m pool (and its not in the sky).

Too bad moved out as its getting nosier when there's more people over the years using the Seletar Camp exit/entrance and the jam when travelling down to town when using CTE.

However, must say that after the opening of KPE and the widening of CTE, things are so much more bearable........

I miss that place and the tranquility (yes some will say ulu, that's why tranquil)
    I have seen a unit at high floor. Excellent View.

if you are not working and not taking care of kids, try go for a swim, then relax on the beach chair facing the forest and enjoy the wind and watching the trees sway in front........its a wonderful feeling.......

Really can feel that you are away from the hustle and bustle of the city life.

Prices are increased again...

$650k and below should get you a 3+1 unit now...

Seen the condo last year, wanted to buy initially but end up buying northoaks as I feel better there.

Not sure of now as I had not visit the condo since last aug.

First impression was paintwork old , most likely will be re-painting this year(heard every 5 years will repain for condo?)

2. Ulu far inside yishun and not far ahead got workers hostel....at night alot of pple sitting along the grass patch sia...

Good thing

1.got shuttle bus(must hv since it is so far inside yishun)
    2.reasonable price like northoaks.

Thinking of buying Lilydale as my parents just stay in the HDB opposite.
    Wonder if the price is right now or is it abit on the high side?
    Would glad if anyone could share more plus and minus points about this condo...

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Almost-7-year-old Lilydale EC has hit a nëw hïgh of $542 psf in November 2009.

Lilydale
    Address ............................... psf ............. Area ........... Price .......... Contract Date
    550 Yishun Avenue 6 #10-04 ..... $542 psf ..... 1,195 sqft .... $648,000 ..... 16 Nov 09

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Almost-7-year-old Lilydale EC has hit a nëw hïgh of $542 psf in November 2009.

Lilydale
    Address ............................... psf ............. Area ........... Price .......... Contract Date
    550 Yishun Avenue 6 #10-04 ..... $542 psf ..... 1,195 sqft .... $648,000 ..... 16 Nov 09
    Drove pass the Condo...the entrence look grand...
    alot of ppl is betting on the new air hub

Not really...

If they are betting on it, they would go for the new developments.

This development is mainly for self stay folks, the tenants there now will also likely move when new condos are up in Yishun. It's like that.

Not a bad place for stay as it is within reach of HDB upgraders.

Yishun EC site gets 10 bids, what will be the launch price?
    H88
    Friday, 12 March 2010, 12:37

The Executive Condominium (EC) site at far off Yishun Avenue 11 is pretty hot, and has attracted 10 bids. The site is likely to be won by MCC Land Singapore with a $127.8M bid.

According to CBRE, the break even price for the condo built would be roughly $520 psf. Which means that the developer has plenty of space to maneuver between The Estuary's recent pricing of ~$735 psf - $870 psf and still make a healthy profit.

Of course the EC developer could get greedy and keep in trend with the recent launch of The Estuary ... but that would mean ~$750psf ECs. Would you bite then?

Just to clear your heads, the Lilydale EC that sits just beside the EC site, recently transacted between $516 psf - 536psf.

Almost-7-year-old Lilydale EC in District 27 Yishun has a nëw hïgh of $556 psf!

Lilydale
    Address .............................. psf ............. Area .......... Price ......... Contract Date
    560 Yishun Avenue 6 #01-23 .... $556 psf .... 1,313 sqft .... $730,000 .... 16 Apr 10

Almost-7-year-old Lilydale EC in District 27 Yishun has a nëw hïgh of $581 psf!

Lilydale
    Address .............................. psf ............. Area .......... Price ......... Contract Date
    558 Yishun Avenue 6 #07-19 .... $581 psf .... 1,206 sqft .... $700,000 .... 10 May 10

This thread has become dormant..
    Anyways we r looking to buy a unit in lilydale..
    Anyone currently stayin there can pls give inputs on the
    tenancy mix n any othe tings abt lilydale itself?
    Thanks in advance

556 Yishun Avenue 6 #03-15
    99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
    $567
    $720k
    22 Sep 10
    552 Yishun Avenue 6 #09-08
    99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
    $613
    $732k
    07 Sep 10
    556 Yishun Avenue 6 #06-12
    99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
    $583
    $715k
    30 Aug 10
    550 Yishun Avenue 6 #01-04
    99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
    $555
    $735k
    12 Aug 10
    550 Yishun Avenue 6 #12-04
    99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
    $586
    $700k
    05 Aug 10
    552 Yishun Avenue 6 #12-05
    99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
    $601
    $718k
    28 Jul 10
    552 Yishun Avenue 6 #03-06
    99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
    $582
    $695k
    27 Jul 10
    558 Yishun Avenue 6 #12-21
    99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
    $581
    $718k
    26 Jul 10
    550 Yishun Avenue 6 #13-03
    99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
    $427
    $920k
    23 Jul 10
    558 Yishun Avenue 6 #08-21
    99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
    $606
    $750k
    21 Jul 10
    558 Yishun Avenue 6 #03-21
    99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
    $552
    $683k
    19 Jul 10
    560 Yishun Avenue 6 #01-24
    99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
    $560
    $760k
    24 Jun 10
    560 Yishun Avenue 6 #07-22
    99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
    $561
    $670k
    02 Jun 10
    556 Yishun Avenue 6 #07-10
    99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
    $570
    $700k
    27 May 10
    558 Yishun Avenue 6 #07-19
    99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
    $581
    $700k
    10 May 10
    560 Yishun Avenue 6 #01-23
    99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
    $556
    $730k
    16 Apr 10
    556 Yishun Avenue 6 #06-14
    99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
    $539
    $685k
    22 Mar 10
    558 Yishun Avenue 6 #02-16
    99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
    $517
    $640k
    19 Feb 10
    560 Yishun Avenue 6 #08-22
    99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
    $536
    $640k
    10 Feb 10
    556 Yishun Avenue 6 #09-09
    99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
    $516
    $650k
    09 Feb 10

Hi Sgysfj,
    i own an unit in lilydale. currently tenanted.
    i do admit the location is out-of-place from town.
    i bought it becoz I see a difference between lilydale & northoaks (i was hse hunting among those few developments in yishun & woodlands).
    If you look within this quiet area, you will notice the reservoir is developing... take a walk to the nearby yishun dam. the atmosphere is so layback & relaxed...
    Nearby HDB, EC & airhub is comin up... Infrastructure will definitely improve dramatically.
    Punggol wasnt accessible last time. look at wat's happening there now.. the houses there are selling like hot cakes.
    everything starts from inaccessiblilty.
    since its for staying purposes, that means u wil hv the time to see this area developed. as the infrastructure appreciates, so will your property.
    dont worry abt the workers loitering outside lilydale, they will be gone as this place gradually matures.

hi thanks for ur reply.I feel exactly like u.. Lilydale is very much different fr northoaks n woodsvale. I find it quiet n serene.. Can share abt the tenancy mix of lilydale? I haven rili got a chance to find out abt tat

Quote Originally Posted by s101
    Hi Sgysfj,
    i own an unit in lilydale. currently tenanted.
    i do admit the location is out-of-place from town.
    i bought it becoz I see a difference between lilydale & northoaks (i was hse hunting among those few developments in yishun & woodlands).
    If you look within this quiet area, you will notice the reservoir is developing... take a walk to the nearby yishun dam. the atmosphere is so layback & relaxed...
    Nearby HDB, EC & airhub is comin up... Infrastructure will definitely improve dramatically.
    Punggol wasnt accessible last time. look at wat's happening there now.. the houses there are selling like hot cakes.
    everything starts from inaccessiblilty.
    since its for staying purposes, that means u wil hv the time to see this area developed. as the infrastructure appreciates, so will your property.
    dont worry abt the workers loitering outside lilydale, they will be gone as this place gradually matures.

Hi Sgysfj,
    mine is tenanted, so i can't comment on the tenancy mix.
    isit really so important? U will only own 1 unit there. there r total 300+ unit in lilydale. owners may rent out their units 2moro. I may chg tenant nex yr. tenancy mix is beyond us and tis shldnt b a concern, seriously (from my pt of view).
    Evryone luvs to stay in an appreciating property, this shld b a consideration in fact.
    if it's really your concern (tenant-mix), u shld spend some time in this development. Find some time, walk around, laze around the pool and see for yourself.
    This area is developing. Meantime, you wil enjoy the serenity, quietness & greenery...

i saw your the other thread. lilydale furnishing is newer. kitchen cabinet design for lilydale can last you for another 10yrs. Northoaks & woodvale is up for a major interior overhual, unless you manage to find a newly renovated unit.
    use the money to renovate to your own liking. why pay for other people's taste?
    U r competing with local and foreigner for Northoaks and Woodsvale (they are privatized)
    U r competing with only locals for lilydale (gg to privatize in few yrs' time)
    mayb theres 1 catch. i pay higher maint fee as compare to units of almos same size in both northoaks and woodsvale.
    Last edited by s101; 18-10-10 at 19:11.

Thks for ur reply. Alas no matter how much we like lilydale
    everything hv to be put on hold coz someting went wrong wif the sale of our flat. Haizzz

Quote Originally Posted by s101
    Hi Sgysfj,
    mine is tenanted, so i can't comment on the tenancy mix.
    isit really so important? U will only own 1 unit there. there r total 300+ unit in lilydale. owners may rent out their units 2moro. I may chg tenant nex yr. tenancy mix is beyond us and tis shldnt b a concern, seriously (from my pt of view).
    Evryone luvs to stay in an appreciating property, this shld b a consideration in fact.
    if it's really your concern (tenant-mix), u shld spend some time in this development. Find some time, walk around, laze around the pool and see for yourself.
    This area is developing. Meantime, you wil enjoy the serenity, quietness & greenery...

i saw your the other thread. lilydale furnishing is newer. kitchen cabinet design for lilydale can last you for another 10yrs. Northoaks & woodvale is up for a major interior overhual, unless you manage to find a newly renovated unit.
    use the money to renovate to your own liking. why pay for other people's taste?
    U r competing with local and foreigner for Northoaks and Woodsvale (they are privatized)
    U r competing with only locals for lilydale (gg to privatize in few yrs' time)
    mayb theres 1 catch. i pay higher maint fee as compare to units of almos same size in both northoaks and woodsvale.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgysfj
    Thks for ur reply. Alas no matter how much we like lilydale
    everything hv to be put on hold coz someting went wrong wif the sale of our flat. Haizzz
    Buying for self stay is not rational. Go with your heart.

Can continue looking while you try again.

Timing the option can help.

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    Buying for self stay is not rational. Go with your heart.

Can continue looking while you try again.

Timing the option can help.

In truth we have found one unit we like n willing to offer..
    Jus tat our selling portion is a major problem n stumbling block.
    It was ok few days ago wif 2 firm offers but suddenly today I was informed one actuali pulled out.

In truth we have found one unit we like n willing to offer..
    Jus tat our selling portion is a major problem n stumbling block.
    It was ok few days ago wif 2 firm offers but suddenly today I was informed one actuali pulled out.
    can sell as long as there's one buyer. You want to try selling first before buying?

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    can sell as long as there's one buyer. You want to try selling first before buying?
    Sad to say tis but we now sceptical of everything... We don't knw who to believe or trust... This whole process of buying n selling left a sour Taste in the mouth

Sad to say tis but we now sceptical of everything... We don't knw who to believe or trust... This whole process of buying n selling left a sour Taste in the mouth
    Care to share more details on your experience? So that potential home buyers/ sellers can be more aware of potential pitfalls?

Quote Originally Posted by Lenee
    Care to share more details on your experience? So that potential home buyers/ sellers can be more aware of potential pitfalls?
    We wanted to sell our flat and engaged an agent.. He agreed to try to fetch x pricing for the flat.he also will assist us in getting a condo and ensure smooth transistion btw selling and buying.

After 1st week of marketing our flat, the agent infd us there is one buyer's agent who offered price x-40k. Then he storied tat he talked and convinced the buyer to up the price to x-30k. We told him we wnt accept.

Then the next day, he inf again tat the buyer called him direct and offered to engaged him as their agent .they put in another offer x-25k.at this pt we oredi find it funi tat y suddenly the buyer engaged him direct. But we did not question him n gave him benefit of doubt. Again we rejected the offer.

The next day again, he informed us the buyer engaged a different agent and the new agent called him and offered x-20k. According to him, this was the last last offer.he also added tis was a reasonable offer and we shld consider it.
    We asked him to nego wif the buyer to increase their offer which he countered the buyer has oredi given the last best offer.

So I told him I wan to tok to the buyer direct. At tis point he came up wif alot of excuses n refused to let us nego wif the buyer.subsequently he infd tat he will hold off the buyer and say we will consider their last offer.

The following week viewing and there was another buyer who came without agent.we were told that he offered x-20k and again the agent told us it's a reasonable offer n we shld consider.we told him to nego for a figure close to x price.

On last Sunday, the agent infd the buyer had increased the offer by 2k. Again I tol him to talk to the buyer and nego further.. I also told him to invite the buyer for a 2nd viewing and then we can nego together wif him.

All of a sudden, the next day the agent infd me tat this buyer also pull out and withdraw offer. He cited all kind of reasons why the buyer retracted.

All in all, it may seem unfair to the agent that we dnt believe him. But in both instances, the coincidences are too obvious tat we find it hard to believe. It's our first time selling our flat and it rili makes us regret even making the decision to sell.

We have read of rogue agents out there and was not rili aware of wat these agents are capable of doing. Although we didnt rili have any proof of any underhanded motives of tis agent, wat hapen has rili make us tink twice abt selling.

Ps. We dnt mean to discredit or accuse any agents of being dishonest.wat hapened to us may not even be considered as such. We r just sceptical and don't want to be taken advantage of.

Anyways wateva I have mentioned above is very very off topic. I apologise for tat. tis is suppose to be a condo forum, not hdb selling forum. Once again my apologies.

I believe everyone has similar story to tell. Those foreign talent even more creative. In any case good to share. It's a principal-agent thing. Agent, by nature, are ONLY interested to work to maximise their own gain, not yours. The challenge is to align that selfish motive to meet your objective as well.